Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors $35 at Amazon.

Tsnake617

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't know if it's an error or a reprint, but Amazon claims to have 999 available for $35, which beats the hell out of all the other prices I've seen online. It's not in stock yet, but it's worth a shot if you're interested in getting it. Amazon expects to get it in stock in two or three weeks. I checked it yesterday and many sellers were charging $70 and up. http://www.amazon.com/9-Hours-Persons-Doors-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003VR5PPY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
EDIT: Just read about the difference between a visual novel and an adventure game. This is definitely an adventure game. I can't edit the tags for some reason, though.
EDIT 2: It's been requested that I point out that the aksys store has the watch bundle available online for 36.99. http://www.aksysgames.com/games/nineninenine/ It includes a watch designed to look like the bracelets worn in 999. I feel like I should point out that the Amazon version does NOT include the watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I be concerned? Ordered Tuesday, got a paypal receipt and see the money was withdrawn from my account but no shipping confirmation...

Just got mine in a Small Flat Box
Very happy. Added it to my DS Backlog but very happy to have in case it becomes hard to find.

My copy arrived in 2 days, fast shipping. They payed $5.20 in shipping for Priority Mail USPS. You guys wasn't kidding, this watch is heavy! I should buy another copy when it return in stock and wear them as weight for jogging.

it trades for $8 on gamestop and I have 10 stores in my area that have new copies in stock. good luck to those who bought it .(evil laughter)

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']damn, you could kill someone with this watch (evil laughter)[/QUOTE]

If only those girls in The Human Centipede had the 999 watch... things would have turned out very differently for them in the end...

Did anyone else have parts moving around in their watch bublewrap? I think mine is broken.

It has this melted looking screw and has one screw missing. So it's impossible to fasten onto your wrist.

[quote name='Zygote']it trades for $8 on gamestop and I have 10 stores in my area that have new copies in stock. good luck to those who bought it .(evil laughter)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but sells for $22.99 (used) or $34.99 (new) if you are buying from GS.

Only a dummy would buy a game with the hope of making a profit by selling the game to GS (doesn't mean you can't make money doing it sometimes). The real money is on ebay.

And yeah, the watch is the clincher...very limited supply of those, so for collectors, the Aksys deal wasn't too shabby.

[quote name='Dozens']Did anyone else have parts moving around in their watch bublewrap? I think mine is broken.

It has this melted looking screw. So it's impossible to fasten onto your wrist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you got a broken one.. That should not be that way. I'd email Aksys and let them know as maybe they can get you a replacement.

[quote name='Zygote']it trades for $8 on gamestop and I have 10 stores in my area that have new copies in stock. good luck to those who bought it .(evil laughter)[/QUOTE]

nice trolling. :roll:

this isn't a "flip this bitch real quick" type of deal. This is a "great game, we should support it, and this watch is neat too" type of deal.

[quote name='adriley313']Just got mine in a Small Flat Box
Very happy. Added it to my DS Backlog but very happy to have in case it becomes hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='MaelstromB']If only those girls in The Human Centipede had the 999 watch... things would have turned out very differently for them in the end...[/QUOTE]

yeah, they would know when to use the restroom. lol

[quote name='MaelstromB']Yeah, it definitely sounds like you got a broken one.. That should not be that way. I'd email Aksys and let them know as maybe they can get you a replacement.[/QUOTE]
Alright pic to make sure lol

20110114143340h.jpg

These two parts were moving around. The part on top has one screw... looks like the 2nd screw got melted in the first hole.

[quote name='confoosious']nice trolling. :roll:

this isn't a "flip this bitch real quick" type of deal. This is a "great game, we should support it, and this watch is neat too" type of deal.[/QUOTE]

Amen brother!:bouncy:

[quote name='MaelstromB']Yeah... definitely broken man.

On another note - Saw this review for the watch on Aksys' facebook page a few minutes ago:
[/QUOTE]

Dammit lol I hate doing RMAs. Thanks for the vid too.

[quote name='alarmed']Please FORGIVE ME, but...

I couldn't care LESS about this game!

Someone had to say it.[/QUOTE]

You obviously COULD care less, since you took the time to read/post in this topic.

;)

Wow, got mine in the mail today too and I also just ordered it on Tuesday.

Same as everyone else - it came in a small priority flat-rate box for $5.20. Mine was somewhat crushed in the middle, but it seems like the game and 10 lb watch are in good shape.

Had I known how heavy-duty this watch was I probably would have ordered another - one to wear, one to keep sealed. I just assumed it was some crappy plastic thing. Oh well - I actually almost didn't order it at all since I already have the game but I'm definitely glad I did now.

[quote name='alarmed']Please FORGIVE ME, but...

I couldn't care LESS about this game!

Someone had to say it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but you were obviously very excited about getting Dungeon Siege, Excite Truck, and Little King's Story.

Your taste in games automatically invalidates your opinion of this one, douchebag. :roll:

I bought mine Jan. 12, and just 10 minutes ago got my shipping confirmation, with no tracking info or anything. Where does Aksys ship from?

[quote name='WilliamG']I bought mine Jan. 12, and just 10 minutes ago got my shipping confirmation, with no tracking info or anything. Where does Aksys ship from?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where they ship from, but I ordered on the 12th and haven't heard anything. Now that they're sold out I'm getting nervous about my order. I guess I'll have to give it until Monday now.

[quote name='WilliamG']I bought mine Jan. 12, and just 10 minutes ago got my shipping confirmation, with no tracking info or anything. Where does Aksys ship from?[/QUOTE]

Torrance, CA.

But given that they are sending it via priority mail that really doesn't make much difference - it will be 2-3 days to anywhere within the U.S.

[quote name='n1c0']Hmm... Looks like the bundle might not be gone forever.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25416429&postcount=1968

Though he could just be referring to the game itself.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I dont know why I ignored this 17 page thread until now, but dammit wish I had been paying attention. I'll probably just sell the watch to get the game cheap as long as it comes back in stock.

PS whoever 1 or 2 starred the thread, fuck you.

I sold my watch; I tried to put it on and it wouldn't even fit because it was too small. Not sure if it's adjustable but oh well, probably wouldn't wear it anyway. Someone in the military bought it from me, hehe.

[quote name='io']Torrance, CA.

But given that they are sending it via priority mail that really doesn't make much difference - it will be 2-3 days to anywhere within the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I get mine in tomorrow then, mine shipped yesterday and Torrance is about 50 miles away.

[quote name='Darrith']I sold my watch; I tried to put it on and it wouldn't even fit because it was too small. Not sure if it's adjustable but oh well, probably wouldn't wear it anyway. Someone in the military bought it from me, hehe.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to have the same problem with the watch but I'm sure I'll keep mine.

[quote name='Darrith']I sold my watch; I tried to put it on and it wouldn't even fit because it was too small. Not sure if it's adjustable but oh well, probably wouldn't wear it anyway. Someone in the military bought it from me, hehe.[/QUOTE]

I'm always amazed at people who get these collectibles and expect them to be very functional and get a lot of usage out of them (i.e. night goggles for CoD, costume headphone for Super Scribblenauts etc). They are more like cute little toys for collecting purposes.

I just finished every ending for 999 thanks to the FAQs for the paths to the endings. I really liked the puzzles and the characters are well developed. It also had enough story to forgive the fact that it's 90% text and 10% game.

I was a fan of "Hotel Dusk" and this one blows it away. It could have had more animations, but I won't knock a game that I enjoyed so much. "999" is great, but know what you are getting into...

I am playing "Ghost Trick" now and it's pretty good too.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thanks. I dont know why I ignored this 17 page thread until now, but dammit wish I had been paying attention. I'll probably just sell the watch to get the game cheap as long as it comes back in stock.

PS whoever 1 or 2 starred the thread, fuck you.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, man. I think whoever starred the thread did it for the Amazon deal. I five-starred it later, but it hardly affected the rating.

Also, I tried to get the OP to update the thread a couple days ago. He didn't change the title to reflect the sale on Aksys' site. I'd miss out on this deal as well, if it weren't for my innate curiosity. (i.e. "Why is it being updated constantly?") But I know how you feel.

[quote name='sadboy']I'm sorry, man. I think whoever starred the thread did it for the Amazon deal. I five-starred it later, but it hardly affected the rating.

Then, I tried to get the OP to update the thread a couple days ago. He didn't change the title to reflect the sale on Aksys' site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the fact that the subject line still said Amazon almost made me almost miss out on this completely, but I kept wondering why the thread kept getting bumped up when "full price on Amazon" and "being reprinted" didn't really sound like a very good deal. Then I noticed the comments about the watch and I realized what much of the discussion was about.

I was lucky enough to get the watch this time, but the more often you look for deals and collectibles, the more deals you'll realize you missed out on.

bread's done
Back