Ninety-Nine Nights II - $20 off at Best Buy

zsciaeount

CAGiversary!
Just got a text alert from Best Buy Gamers' Club. They're sending out texts for $20 off 99 Nights 2 for this week.

You probably have to show the cashier the text message, but you could also give them SKU 1149138.

Expires 7/17.

You can sign up for these alerts as part of the Reward Zone Gamers' Club.

[quote name='Jodou']Sorry, this deal isn't extremeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee enough for me.[/QUOTE]
But at 40 bucks, if you factor ONE MIRRION TROOOPS into it, you get 25,000 troops per dollar!

You can't beat those savings!

[quote name='JazzFlight']But at 40 bucks, if you factor ONE MIRRION TROOOPS into it, you get 25,000 troops per dollar!

You can't beat those savings![/QUOTE]

:lol:

Is this game worth 40 bucks? It looks ridiculously fun, but so did Dynasty Warriors for 30 minutes... Just worried this game might be too short or repetitive with no redeeming gameplay values.

EDIT: Scratch that. 6 Best Buys around me and all say unavailable. -_-

[quote name='JazzFlight']But at 40 bucks, if you factor ONE MIRRION TROOOPS into it, you get 25,000 troops per dowrah!

You can't beat those savings![/QUOTE]

Fix'd.

i really am getting tired of aggregate review scores sites. I have played some crappy games that scored well because of bought reviews and stuff. I try a demo if there is one, or if its a franchise (like this game) that i liked before, i will give the sequal a try.

But the metacritic and gamerankings of the world need to ............just go away. Its not that i wish them to die, i just wish they had never of been.

I am tempted at $39.99, but I will probably hold off since it should drop pretty quickly though I do have giftcards. I have always enjoyed the Dynasty Warriors series just for the mindless button mashing. I didn't like 99 Nights that much though but the demo for 99 N2 wasn't bad.

[quote name='jr8rulz']i really am getting tired of aggregate review scores sites. I have played some crappy games that scored well because of bought reviews and stuff. I try a demo if there is one, or if its a franchise (like this game) that i liked before, i will give the sequal a try.

But the metacritic and gamerankings of the world need to ............just go away. Its not that i wish them to die, i just wish they had never of been.[/QUOTE]

Ummm ... okay. Aggregate review sites are far more likely to get to a real indication of the game's actual score because it is pooling together reviews from every corner of the Internet (the bought reviews, the overly critical reviews and the spot-on reviews).

Your logic doesn't make any sense. If you rely strictly on a Game Informer or an IGN, then you're more likely to see incorrect reviews than you are with a GameRankings or a Metacritic. I'm not saying these aggregate sites are perfect, but they're easily more accurate than any single game review site will ever be.

Now, back to topic, I always had Ninety Nine Nights on my to-try list but after seeing the game running and listening to that absolutely HORRIBLE voice acting, I've opted to pass. May be N3-II is the better title but I'm reluctant.

BTW, I take reviews on these types of games w/ a grain of salt -- in many cases, games such as N3-II, Samurai Warriors and others of its ilk get bad raps because they're not innovative at all -- usually just a little prettier here and there, so as long as you know what you're getting, then that's really what matters. Reviews for hack-and-slash games are rarely ever going to get something higher than a 5 or a 6 nowadays.

I bought it at $60 and I'm really liking it. Of course, I'm a fan of Dynasty Warriors... Still, I think it was improved upon in almost every way compared to the original. I don't think it's going to stick around on shelves long enough to hit the bargain bin in most places. Aggregate scores are one thing, but if you like the genre I think you'll enjoy the game.

[quote name='IronSerif']Thanks, I'll wait till it gets around the $20 mark :)[/QUOTE]

Like that's ever going to happen. :roll:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']This thing's been out for like three years, how is it still $60?![/QUOTE]

:wall: Wow you are a dumbass. N3 (the first one) has been out for 4 years actually.

Anyways.... N3 II which is what this thread is about came out the end of June. Did you even read the thread title?

EDIT: For visual learners like krakrabbit: :roll:

566-1.jpg
I wonder what that II means?
1541.jpg

[quote name='SativaSam']Is this game worth 40 bucks? It looks ridiculously fun, but so did Dynasty Warriors for 30 minutes... Just worried this game might be too short or repetitive with no redeeming gameplay values.[/QUOTE]

True that .. I believe to make a game successful its needs to be fun for more than 30 mins .. my bro went out and bought it .. played it then got bored quick .. kinda sad really

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']:wall: Wow you are a dumbass. N3 (the first one) has been out for 4 years actually.

Anyways.... N3 II which is what this thread is about came out the end of June. Did you even read the thread title?[/QUOTE]

Heh .. I still see that krakrabbit is still learning the ropes of being a CAG or for that matter learning to properly read a forum posting .. hehe

[quote name='EnronLackey']
Heh .. I still see that krakrabbit is still learning the ropes of being a CAG or for that matter learning to properly read a forum posting .. hehe[/QUOTE]

Oh, you again. Lord have mercy on our souls!:drool:

Totally repetitive and frustrating, and if your an achievement whore, there is a bunch in the first 10 mins and then nothing for EVA!!!!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Oh, you again. Lord have mercy on our souls!:drool:[/QUOTE]

You mean your soul .. Im not the one who getting razed at the moment heh

[quote name='Armor42']I wouldnt spend more than $10 on that game :p[/QUOTE]

Seems to be the general idea, most people don't think very highly of either N3.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Seems to be the general idea, most people don't think very highly of either N3.[/QUOTE]

They just aren't good games ;)

bread's done
Back