Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

[quote name='Rocko']Yep.

I'm considering preordering another copy B&M on Sunday when I pick up Brawl, then returning it after I buy it so I can keep the stylus. :lol:[/quote]I preordered online just because I've had terrible luck with preorder bonuses in-store. Still not sure I like paying $35 for it. At least it seems to be good.

[quote name='botticus']I preordered online just because I've had terrible luck with preorder bonuses in-store. Still not sure I like paying $35 for it. At least it seems to be good.[/quote]

I preordered online as well with that happy08 coupon.

[quote name='RBH']IGN review of Ninja Gaiden DS:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/857/857744p1.html

ngdsreview.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Same question I had for the GoW review-- why the hell are they holding the game's length to console standards? Were they really expecting a 20 hour quest? Also like GoW, it's a miracle the game fits on the DS to begin with.

otherwise, sounds great.

I wonder how hard the hard mode will truly be because I was disappointed with the difficulty on Xbox version.

im not really interested in the game, but i want the bonus so bad....
anyone got any sucessful experience returning the game without the bonus stylus ?

I am a huge Ninja Gaiden fan (loved the original games and love the Xbox and PS3 games even more) and I am very disappointed by this game (or at least the demo). I downloaded the demo onto my DS and was appalled by the controls. They seem so loose and forgiving and that is NOT what an action game of this caliber is supposed to be like. I wish there was an option to play the game with the D-Pad and buttons instead as I don't think I will ever get used to controlling the game with the stylus. I played the demo through multiple times (for over an hour) and I still felt the controls were way too loose. I had this game preordered, but I don't think I will pick this game up now.

Anyone else tried out the demo and not like it?

Pick it up, give me the stylus, and then return it. ^__^

Seriously though, I tried the demo on a Target demo unit and wasn't too hot, but the unit was beat to hell and the screen was iffy so I blamed it on that.

As I stated earlier, I played the demo and loved it, and now that I finally beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma I'm ready to play this one. Based on the demo alone I probably would have gotten this one anyway, but the stylus just makes it all the more sweeter.

:O x2.

I preordered mine online, so I suppose it's a 5 day wait for me.

Maybe I could get lucky after the game is out at Gamestop... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rocko']:O x2.

I preordered mine online, so I suppose it's a 5 day wait for me.

Maybe I could get lucky after the game is out at Gamestop... :whistle2:k[/quote]The weekend ad says the stylus is not just a preorder bonus, you also get it if you just buy the game. Perhaps that means they will actually have a good number of them. I'll try to pick one up next week, finally use another coupon.

I preordered the game today at GS B&M and got the sword stylus today. I also preordered Crisis Core and got the UMD case today. I was gonna get the games anyways and my GS had the preorder bonuses in, so I did it.

[quote name='addicted2games']I preordered the game today at GS B&M and got the sword stylus today. I also preordered Crisis Core and got the UMD case today. I was gonna get the games anyways and my GS had the preorder bonuses in, so I did it.[/quote]

Ooh, thanks for the info. I might go "preorder" on Monday for the bonus. :D

I think I'll be getting it, pretty much because of the stylus. Got burned on the Zelda one (I'm still so pissed at myself for that) and don't want to miss out this time.

I want to get it, but don't really feel like paying for it. :lol:

Will probably pre-order for the stylus and then change my pre-order to Mario Kart or something I know I'll be picking up on day one.

[quote name='yukine']I want to get it, but don't really feel like paying for it. :lol:

Will probably pre-order for the stylus and then change my pre-order to Mario Kart or something I know I'll be picking up on day one.[/quote]

Exactly my plan. If I can get a stylus from GS, I will probably cancel my online GS order.

Just put $5 on the game at GS and got the stylus, and cancelled my online order. I'll be putting that $5 toward Persona 3 when I pick it up in a month.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I think I'll be getting it, pretty much because of the stylus. Got burned on the Zelda one (I'm still so pissed at myself for that) and don't want to miss out this time.[/quote]Dude you mean the feather one? You can still get that one from the big N by registering the game and doing the survey :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Homerun17']Got the Stylus today or pre ordered the stylus?[/quote]

Preordered the game, got the stylus. I'm not actually buying the game. I'm going to be taking that $5 and transferring to to the cost of Persona 3 FES when that comes out and I go pick it up.

[quote name='Homerun17']No did you get the stylus when you preordered? (today) or are you getting the stylus?[/quote]

[quote name='Rocko']Just put $5 on the game at GS and got the stylus, and cancelled my online order. I'll be putting that $5 toward Persona 3 when I pick it up in a month.[/quote]

[quote name='Rocko']Preordered the game, got the stylus. I'm not actually buying the game. I'm going to be taking that $5 and transferring to to the cost of Persona 3 FES when that comes out and I go pick it up.[/quote]

[quote name='Homerun17']I didn't get mine when I preordered...DX[/quote]

When did you preorder? They only got them in recently.

i just got it, well an import anyway and its pretty good, well woth the $$$

although at first it was really boring and "i was like this is shit!!!, but once you get to use ryu its gets pretty satisfying to kill dudes. the only downside is that you can basically just scribble and youd kill alot of bitches.

i like it, the graphics are good, but its pretty much just a nintendo ds remade version of the xbox version, with a little extra

but its still really fun

my local gamestop wont allow me to pick up the stylus early, gonna try again tomorrow since they said its due on wednesday ? (i thought theyre out tomorrow 03/25)

[quote name='trunks982']
NinjaG_02.gif
[/quote]

Itagaki can't come? Lol. I'm glad. I wish I lived in NYC sometimes but that's going to be the first place to go when the American Empire falls.

Love the stylus.

At first I was playing kind of sloppily. But then I just decided to take my time and play with a bit of technique. Now I actually like the game. Before I was slashing all over and it wasn't working that well lol.

I wish there were some alternate weapons. Here's to any that can beat this game before day break tomorrow!

This isn't getting enough hype.

*hype*hype*hype*

it's really good.

It's really good Greeco. It's so much fun to play. I'm never going to back down from my, "Game needs more weapons" stance but what's here is so damn solid. Even while they are reusing levels from NG Black (I'd rather say Black at the end so we all know exactly which NG we are talking about) it's still so much fun to play. :bouncy:

Anyone know the highest rank that one can achieve? I've gotten Head Ninja twice now. Head Ninja sounds like top dog to me but you know these videogames and their ranking titles... ;)

[quote name='FurryCurry']It's really good Greeco. It's so much fun to play. I'm never going to back down from my, "Game needs more weapons" stance but what's here is so damn solid. Even while they are reusing levels from NG Black (I'd rather say Black at the end so we all know exactly which NG we are talking about) it's still so much fun to play. :bouncy:

Anyone know the highest rank that one can achieve? I've gotten Head Ninja twice now. Head Ninja sounds like top dog to me but you know these videogames and their ranking titles... ;)[/QUOTE]

If it has the same ranks as the Xbox version, these are the ranks in order: Ninja Dog, Lesser Ninja, Greater Ninja, Head Ninja, and Master Ninja.

[quote name='mickeyp']How many save files are on the game? I need 2[/quote]

3. Isn't that the standard for handheld games? If there's anything I love about the PSP is the near infinite save space.

bread's done
Back