Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $44.99 @ Amazon w/ FS

Take it from someone who loves NG: it's still too high at 45. At 30, maybe, at 20, yeah. All the others have been worth 60 but not this one :(

[quote name='mr_bungle']Take it from someone who loves NG: it's still too high at 45. At 30, maybe, at 20, yeah. All the others have been worth 60 but not this one :([/QUOTE]

Madness! This was one of the few games worth paying MSRP.

I bought this at release and just got around to playing (and finishing) it 2 weeks ago. I was really surprised at the length of the game. It just kept going and going.

I think I finished it at 15 hours or so. Tried the co-op stuff briefly, but was kind of burnt out from playing the single player. I played it over a 3 day span, so yeah..about 3-5 hours a day.

$45 isn't bad, but ~$30 or less would be better.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I may pick it up $19.99 :)[/QUOTE]
Same here, or at $25. Seems like a good game and all, payed the demo but i wouldn't shell out that much for it.

[quote name='distgfx']Madness! This was one of the few games worth paying MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

I grabbed it at release and don't regret it.

Maybe there should be a thread here of people just bitching about prices and how they're going to wait 18 months for the price to go down and then someone will counter with how he's going to wait 24 months. That'll be informative.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Maybe there should be a thread here of people just bitching about prices and how they're going to wait 18 months for the price to go down and then someone will counter with how he's going to wait 24 months. That'll be informative.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting until the PS5 comes out, and I can find this at a used book store for 50 cents.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Maybe there should be a thread here of people just bitching about prices and how they're going to wait 18 months for the price to go down and then someone will counter with how he's going to wait 24 months. That'll be informative.[/QUOTE]

I think we bitch about everything in every thread.

Idk what you mean.

Maybe there should be a thread that consists of stuff like this, too ^

...that would be even more informative... :roll:

[quote name='AwRy108']Maybe there should be a thread that consists of stuff like this, too ^

...that would be even more informative... :roll:[/QUOTE]

And a thread with posts like this!

It's the infinite regress. It's just like the Moonwalk...only backwards...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm waiting until the PS5 comes out, and I can find this at a used book store for 50 cents.[/QUOTE]

Wait until PS4-- then we'll talk.

In any thread that has a specific deal, every post after the first is uninformative.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In any thread that has a specific deal, every post after the first is uninformative.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. One example would be a person posting a better deal for the same item at another store.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not necessarily. One example would be a person posting a better deal for the same item at another store.[/QUOTE]

That person should be making another thread then.

I played NG2 probably 6 times, NGB/O/S probably 12 or 13 combined, I can't even muster up the courage to finish NGS2 on MNM even though it's the easiest NG game, it's just so boring. I bought the GS LE for 70, hoping it would be awesome. The co op missions are lots of fun, but the game is just not that great compared to the others :(

0-20 dollars preferably 0 lol

no blood fail
your combo options are limited compared to bayonetta or dmc 3 or 4. All of the ngs2 trophies are freaking retarded with a bunch of them just being a lame chore. coop is limited to 2 and is not as fun as Lost planet 1 or 2 coop or uncharted 2 coop.

still going to get it to compliment ngs.

This thread is pretty jacked. I think the OP just wanted to give people the heads up for a price drop on this game, one of the lowest since launch, and people certainly aren't appreciating here.

Is this rehash game worth $60 or $45? Certainly not, except for the fans like myself who paid $60 at launch. Is this $45 deal for everyone? No, it's for the semi fans. If you haven't picked this game up for $45 or $60, you are not a fan of the series and you have the right to wait for the game to drop to your desire price, but just don't bitch about $45 is not a deal because that's the lowest price since it came out.

Stop comparing this to shooters. It's apples and oranges. In a market dominated by 70% shooters, a game like this is greatly appreciated.

Damnit. I've read the reviews and I've seen the commentary here. I got this game for 34.99 at Best Buy last night and have thought about returning it. It just sits there and I don't have a real desire to play it right now. Is the 44.99 the new going price or just a temporary drop? I saw a comment above making it seem like this is a new price. Sounded like speculation though.

[quote name='Holydarkness']0-20 dollars preferably 0 lol

no blood fail
your combo options are limited compared to bayonetta or dmc 3 or 4. All of the ngs2 trophies are freaking retarded with a bunch of them just being a lame chore. coop is limited to 2 and is not as fun as Lost planet 1 or 2 coop or uncharted 2 coop.

still going to get it to compliment ngs.[/QUOTE]

Actually the combo list in NG2 is bigger than dmc. Not sure about Bayonetta, as I won't get it until January, but the NG2 list is extremely massive. It's just dial up, which is harder to free-form with.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In any thread that has a specific deal, every post after the first is uninformative.[/QUOTE]

How about people confirming whether or not a deal is YMMV?

If you only have a PS3 then this is a great game with a great price, personally I think it better then NG2 because they took out the mass projectile spam. Now if you already have NG2 on 360 you might want to wait for a lower price. Its as simple as that.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']This thread is pretty jacked. I think the OP just wanted to give people the heads up for a price drop on this game, one of the lowest since launch, and people certainly aren't appreciating here.

Is this rehash game worth $60 or $45? Certainly not, except for the fans like myself who paid $60 at launch. Is this $45 deal for everyone? No, it's for the semi fans. If you haven't picked this game up for $45 or $60, you are not a fan of the series and you have the right to wait for the game to drop to your desire price, but just don't bitch about $45 is not a deal because that's the lowest price since it came out.

Stop comparing this to shooters. It's apples and oranges. In a market dominated by 70% shooters, a game like this is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

People are allowed to comment on whether they think this game is worth it or not. It's not disrespectful to the OP :roll:

In every thread people comment on whether a game is worth the price. That's kind of how CAG works. and sometimes it's not as nice sounding and sugar coated as you'd want.

I don't know about the achievements, but the trophies are freaking anal... 1000 kills for each weapon for a bronze? Not enough bouncing boobs to keep me motivated (eh, you can't even use the ladies for the weapon kills anyway).

The game is much much longer than the Xbox version, which is good for those like longer games. No replay value though, it's very linear...

The game does look good and game play is fairly solid. Story sucks... The only chick got normal boobs is the one you have to kill :(

For $20-$30, the game is a good buy.

[quote name='robodaddyo']Damnit. I've read the reviews and I've seen the commentary here. I got this game for 34.99 at Best Buy last night and have thought about returning it. It just sits there and I don't have a real desire to play it right now. Is the 44.99 the new going price or just a temporary drop? I saw a comment above making it seem like this is a new price. Sounded like speculation though.[/QUOTE]How the fuck did you get that game at BEST BUY for $34.99? I thought it was 44.99 at Best Buy AND Amazon? Can you show us or me a receipt as proof? Or can you at least confirm that you actually meant $34.99 when you typed $34.99?

i owned 360 version. I may bite this game when it drop down $20 or less. Possible i'll have my hand on this game around summer 2010 :)

umadumadumad.jpg

[quote name='therpson']Again this is a great game. Not sure why everyone else doesn't like it. Am I weird? :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I think they're bitching about the difficulty.

Pretty sure NG is known for it's difficulty. For a recently released game, this deal is a steal if you're going to be playing it right now. If it goes to your backlog, then you can wait until around $30.

[quote name='therpson']Again this is a great game. Not sure why everyone else doesn't like it. Am I weird? :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

No, you and few of us on this forum liking this series are the elite ones. Rest are just ordinary FPS zombies. :lol:

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']No, you and few of us on this forum liking this series are the elite ones. Rest are just ordinary FPS zombies. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Anyone that appreciate video games would appreciate NG. Many people on CAG only appreciate making "deals" and finding the cheapest games.

bread's done
Back