CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
medium_2891146678_03680f5e36_o.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5055608/first-studio-ghiblilevel-5-screens#viewcomments
Game: Ninokuni
Developer: Level 5
Genre:???
Art: Studio Ghibli(They've made the most amazing animated films of all time, if you don't know about them by now search them)

Sooo pretty. I almost don't care if it sucks, I just want to walk around in the world.

So not much known about it yet, but if you guys find anything out feel free to post it here.

Getting someone to come up with a great art style... and then putting the game on the DS? For shame.

Hopefully it'll be good though.

I'd heard about the game, but somehow missed the bit about Ghibli's involvement. Still, as a Level-5 fan, I'm keeping an eye on this anyway ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Getting someone to come up with a great art style... and then putting the game on the DS? For shame.

Hopefully it'll be good though.[/QUOTE]

While it does look pretty, I agree. I'd rather see this on a big HD screen. Still, this game looks like it'll be good.

This caught my eye while looking over the TGS news. Good stuff.

I wish the trailer had more in-game footage, but what we saw was fantastic. Here's the Japanese packaging:

This is not a special edition but apparently normal copies, and the book is like the book of spells in-game. We'll probably never see this in the US because of this.

It'd be crazy to have in-game screens with quality as high as the picture in the OP be on a DS; the picture is blown up to that size and looks that good, but I doubt the screen resolution of the DS is that high. Still, this game looks great.

At the end of that trailer, it says the game is for the Nintendo DS and "another platform." I'm guessing the console version will have all of those cutscenes and more.

[quote name='carpwrist']I hate to be ignorant, but I'm wondering: does Ninokuni mean anything in English?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gunm']It's kind of a nonsense title like Infinite Undiscovery: "The Another World".[/QUOTE]

According to my online Japanese dictionary lookup skills, "ninoku" is "another word" and "kuni" is world/land/country. So I guess stick them together, and you get "another world."

bread's done
Back