Launch Date March 27, 2011

Price $249.99 MSRP*

Included in Hardware The following is included in the hardware set:
  1. Nintendo 3DS system
  2. Nintendo 3DS charging cradle
  3. Nintendo 3DS AC adapter
  4. Nintendo 3DS stylus
  5. SD Memory Card (2GB)
  6. AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games)
  7. Quick-Start Guide
  8. Operations Manual (including warranty)

Characteristic Features
  1. 3D screen, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses and the ability to adjust or turn off 3D effect with the 3D Depth Slider.
  2. Stereo cameras that enable users to take 3D photos that can be viewed instantly on the 3D screen.
  3. New input interfaces including the Circle Pad, motion sensor, gyro sensor
  4. SpotPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect wireless hotspots or wireless LAN access points and obtain information, game data, free software, videos and so on for players even when the system is in sleep mode.**
  5. StreetPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS exchange data automatically with other Nintendo 3DS systems within range, even in sleep mode once this feature is activated by the user. Data for multiple games can be exchanged simultaneously.
  6. Convenient features that users can access without stopping game play such as the HOME menu, Internet Brower, Notifications, etc.
  7. Plenty of built-in software such as the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
  8. Nintendo eShop where users can view trailers, software rankings and purchase software.
  9. System Transfer which enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.***
  10. Compatibility functions where both new software designed for Nintendo 3DS and most software for the Nintendo DS family of systems can be played.
  11. Parental Controls which enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.****

Size (when closed) 2.9 inches high, 5.3 inches long, 0.8 inches deep.

Weight Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).

Upper Screen Wide-screen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses. Capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors. 3.53 inches display (3.02 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution. 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.

Lower Screen LCD with a touch screen capable of displaying 16.77 million colors. 3.02 inches (2.42 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution.

Cameras One inner camera and two outer cameras. Resolutions are 640 x 480 for each camera. Lens are single focus and uses the CMOS capture element. The active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.

Wireless Communication 2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Input Controls Input controls are the following:
  1. A/B/X/Y Button, +Control Pad, L/R Button, START/SELECT
  2. Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input)
  3. Touch screen
  4. Embedded microphone
  5. Camera
  6. Motion sensor
  7. Gyro sensor

Other Input Controls Other input controls are the following:
  1. 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect)
  2. HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu)
  3. Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play)
  4. POWER button

Connector Connector includes:
  1. Game Card slot
  2. SD Card slot
  3. Cradle connector
  4. AC adapter connector
  5. Audio jack (stereo output)

Sound Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).

Stylus Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94 inches when fully extended).

Electric Power AC adaptor (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].

Charge Time About 3.5 hours

Battery Duration When playing Nintendo 3DS software about 3-5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software about 5-8 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.

Game Card Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']I've got a whole shelf of DS games and a whole shelf of Wii games that disagree with you. Sure, there's a lot more crapware on those systems than on others -- that's a symptom of them being marketed for more general audiences. But if you can't find games worth playing on them, you're not looking hard enough.[/QUOTE]

In before someone comes in a demands you post every game that has "scribbles and waggles" and then berates every game you list.

[quote name='confoosious']so if tons of people buy tech that YOU think is a gimmick, then those people are obviously suckers because obviously that tech is not innovative because you said so.

ummm ok.

You know, that automobile thingamajig isn't innovative at all. It's just a horse drawn buggy with more horses. What? Everyone is buying it? Suckers.[/QUOTE]

Except the automobile was a clear upgrade over the old stuff, like HD is a clear upgrade over the old.

Waggle isn't an upgrade to anything. It doesn't add anything to the experience, and you can't even play most genres with it. 3D is the same thing, adds absolutely 0 to the experience.

And now we're supposed to believe a piece of waggle tech like Kinect, with NO controller, is supposed to revolutionize gaming. You can't play anything with substance (i.e., not a dancing game, waggle sports, or mini games) with no controller. That's not trolling or fanboyism or anything, it's a simple fact. You just can't do it.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Waggle isn't an upgrade to anything. It doesn't add anything to the experience, and you can't even play most genres with it. 3D is the same thing, adds absolutely 0 to the experience.[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned, all of the waggle tech and 3D is just bringing us one step at a time closer to someone building me my fucking holodeck! :lol:

I think what this thread really sums up is that people hate what they fear. And people fear new tech.

It's quite sad really. And it's equally sad that you guys have to troll a thread concerning the release of a new product you have no interest in. That to me makes zero sense.

By the way, I'm hardly a nintendo fanboy. I much prefer my 360 to the wii/ds. And I have no idea if the 3DS is great or not. But I'm not so ignorant as to deem it one way or another when it hasn't been released yet.

Only reason I'm here defending Nintendo is that people who automatically hate on something just because they think it's too "casual" or "kiddie" or "gimmicky" are the biggest fools. And the fact that I hate threadcrappers. What the fuck are you doing in here except to threadcrap? Nothing. You're not debating or discussing an item. You're just here to shit on the 3DS cause you are sad and pathetic. Enjoy your own little super awesome hardcore gamerz world. I'll be happy playing all the fun games I want to play on all the different consoles and handhelds that I want.

Also, what game on the wii is standout because of the tech? Trauma Center. And Resident Evil UC. I wouldn't play those on xbox or ps3. And the absolute best example: Tiger Woods PGA Tour. Completely different on the wii than any other console. fucking stellar too. Why does everyone say "waggle" with the wii and just concludes it shit? There's more to motion control than shaking your wiimote like a moron.

edit: or how about Elite Beat Agents for the DS. And Trauma Center again.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Except the automobile was a clear upgrade over the old stuff, like HD is a clear upgrade over the old.
[/QUOTE]Just because something is in HD doesn't mean it's better. A bad movie or a bad game is still bad, it just looks better.

Also I paid off my 3DS. Total came out to 264.99 total in PA with tax added. Surprisingly they had pilotwings up for preorder so I nabbed a copy while I was there.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Except the automobile was a clear upgrade over the old stuff, like HD is a clear upgrade over the old.

Waggle isn't an upgrade to anything. It doesn't add anything to the experience, and you can't even play most genres with it. 3D is the same thing, adds absolutely 0 to the experience.

And now we're supposed to believe a piece of waggle tech like Kinect, with NO controller, is supposed to revolutionize gaming. You can't play anything with substance (i.e., not a dancing game, waggle sports, or mini games) with no controller. That's not trolling or fanboyism or anything, it's a simple fact. You just can't do it.[/QUOTE]

Have you played the 3ds yet? I will admit that I'm curious as to what kind of impact the 3d will have on the experience when I get my mine (I'm getting one at launch). Most of the games that have been shown so far are new entries in established franchises or remakes of older games. My point is that at this time it is highly presumptuous to write off 3d as having no impact on the experience. Wouldn't it be smart to wait until a couple years into it's cycle before we make up our minds?

[quote name='bg88'] Wouldn't it be smart to wait until a couple years into it's cycle before we make up our minds?[/QUOTE]

Or even just March 27th would make more sense.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just because something is in HD doesn't mean it's better. A bad movie or a bad game is still bad, it just looks better.
[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect in a sense. Yes the overall quality of a game is bad or good regardless of HD, but HD is a factor into one's enjoyment of a game. Playing Wii on an hdtv is physically painful for most people because of the lack of HD...it is hideous and a true downgrade.

Easiest way I can explain it is this: Uncharted 2 in sd is not as good of a game as it is in hd. The graphics are not as good, and the image quality drops tremendously, taking the wow factor out of it.

[quote name='bg88']Have you played the 3ds yet? I will admit that I'm curious as to what kind of impact the 3d will have on the experience when I get my mine (I'm getting one at launch). Most of the games that have been shown so far are new entries in established franchises or remakes of older games. My point is that at this time it is highly presumptuous to write off 3d as having no impact on the experience. Wouldn't it be smart to wait until a couple years into it's cycle before we make up our minds?[/QUOTE]

We already know 3D has no meaningful impact on games. Having an image pop out at you does nothing to add to the game. It's a gimmick, plain and simple. Some people are impressed that easily, like they are with waggle, but the vast majority of actual gamers aren't.

In fact 3D actually HURTS the game more than it helps. You're sacrificing resolution and framerate most of the time just to have something pop out...woopie. This isn't just 3DS' problem though, Killzone 3 drops in resolution and the framerate is cut in half with 3D on. What's the point of enabling a gimmick when it drastically hurts the game?

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Playing Wii on an hdtv is physically painful for most people because of the lack of HD...it is hideous and a true downgrade.[/QUOTE]

Really? Because not only do I play my Wii on my HDTV, I also still play my PS2 on it as well, and it doesn't bother me in the least. When I go to play one of those games, I know exactly what I'm in for, and I temper my expectations accordingly. I certainly don't feel physical pain. Expecting more from a system not designed for it is unreasonable.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Easiest way I can explain it is this: Uncharted 2 in sd is not as good of a game as it is in hd. The graphics are not as good, and the image quality drops tremendously, taking the wow factor out of it.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the Wii was never meant to play Uncharted 2. It was never the intent of the system, and I've got my PS3 when I want to play games like that. Does the lack of HD really negatively impact your experience when you play New Super Mario Bros? That's the type of game the Wii was made for.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']That's incorrect in a sense. Yes the overall quality of a game is bad or good regardless of HD, but HD is a factor into one's enjoyment of a game. Playing Wii on an hdtv is physically painful for most people because of the lack of HD...it is hideous and a true downgrade.

Easiest way I can explain it is this: Uncharted 2 in sd is not as good of a game as it is in hd. The graphics are not as good, and the image quality drops tremendously, taking the wow factor out of it.[/QUOTE]

So why to PSn and live marketplace games even sell... if graphics are the end all, then why do they still release less pretty games?

[quote name='Snake2715']So why to PSn and live marketplace games even sell... if graphics are the end all, then why do they still release less pretty games?[/QUOTE]

psn and xbla games are HD, a lot are even 1080p.

You're confusing actual graphics with image quality.

[quote name='arcane93']Really? Because not only do I play my Wii on my HDTV, I also still play my PS2 on it as well, and it doesn't bother me in the least. When I go to play one of those games, I know exactly what I'm in for, and I temper my expectations accordingly. I certainly don't feel physical pain. Expecting more from a system not designed for it is unreasonable.

The thing is, the Wii was never meant to play Uncharted 2. It was never the intent of the system, and I've got my PS3 when I want to play games like that. Does the lack of HD really negatively impact your experience when you play New Super Mario Bros? That's the type of game the Wii was made for.[/QUOTE]

It's not as easy for me personally to see a difference because when I had a wii, my hdtv was only 19 inches. When you use a real hdtv, 40+ inches, the wii is hideous. Either way, jaggies and low IQ are brutal to deal with after you've played games that don't have as much.

I used the wii as an example because it can't do HD, it doesn't even get close to HD like the COD games do. Bottom line, any game in SD is ugly once you've gotten used to HD. I used to think it was BS too, then I got an hdtv.

Sure low IQ and jaggies doesn't bother some people as much, but neither does the smell of shit *shrug*

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']psn and xbla games are HD, a lot are even 1080p.

You're confusing actual graphics with image quality.[/QUOTE]

So you enjoy games less that came out prior to HD being available? I wont stay in this thread I could really care less, but this type of stuff cracks me up. I just dont get it. Some of my favorite games are older PC adventure games. While I will say that GoW3 is really great, and I am glad I didnt overlook it (currently half way through and going to play in a minute). Its also created a great atmosphere and i think I liked GoW 1 more than GoW 2.

[quote name='Snake2715']So why to PSn and live marketplace games even sell... if graphics are the end all, then why do they still release less pretty games?[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, here's where that one guy's argument is completely fool proof. (As in he can never be wrong.) The answer is because the people who buy them are suckers!

----

How can anyone say that 3D adds nothing to games? What's your sample size? Batman AA and CoD Black Ops? Or maybe Toy Story Mania?

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Sure low IQ and jaggies doesn't bother some people as much, but neither does the smell of shit *shrug*[/QUOTE]

one of the funniest lines ever:lol:

Some of my fondest videogame memories are from old pc games (sierra, lucasarts) and original playstation games. Granted I love what they can do nowdays. I don't so much care about graphics and such, my main thing is how good the story and gameplay is.

[quote name='Snake2715']So you enjoy games less that came out prior to HD being available? I wont stay in this thread I could really care less, but this type of stuff cracks me up. I just dont get it. Some of my favorite games are older PC adventure games. While I will say that GoW3 is really great, and I am glad I didnt overlook it (currently half way through and going to play in a minute). Its also created a great atmosphere and i think I liked GoW 1 more than GoW 2.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time playing old ps2 games, though I'll admit I don't 100% know why. I imagine it's a combination of SD, outdated controls and gameplay, and just overall lower interest due to playing them 300 times in the past.

edit: oh something else I remembered. 90% of the ps2 games I played were japanese made, and this gen I was exposed and fell in love with western games (and even built a PC to enjoy the euro rpgs the way they were meant to be played). I have an extremely hard time playing current gen japanese games, let alone old ones now.

confoosious;8090453 How can anyone say that 3D adds nothing to games? What's your sample size? Batman AA and CoD Black Ops? Or maybe Toy Story Mania?[/QUOTE said:
As I said before, you're sacrificing performance...something that does matter, for something that adds nothing. It's just things popping out, who cares?

As much as I hate waggle, at least most everyone ignores it, and it doesn't lower the resolution and framerate.

It adds nothing FOR YOU.

Where do you get the hubris that says "I don't like it so it must suck and everyone else must dislike it."

And before you try to throw it back at me, I don't give a shit if people hate the 3DS, you're entitled to your opinion -- i just wish they'd stop threadcrapping in here. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET. The haters remind me of indie rock fans who automatically will prehate an album they've never heard because it's the first one on a major label for one of their favorite bands.

All I can say is man, I'd really like to take away some of these kids' toys for a week and give them only an Atari 2600 to play with. Then maybe they'd learn some appreciation. :lol:

(By the way, I still have my Atari 2600, though I'll admit that I haven't broken it out from the closet since I got my HDTV. I should do that some time.)

[quote name='arcane93']All I can say is man, I'd really like to take away some of these kids' toys for a week and give them only an Atari 2600 to play with. Then maybe they'd learn some appreciation. :lol:

(By the way, I still have my Atari 2600, though I'll admit that I haven't broken it out from the closet since I got my HDTV. I should do that some time.)[/QUOTE]

I must have spent months playing Space Attack. Talk about a game with no graphics.

Thanks for reminding me that these are just kids. Youth and ignorant arrogance go hand in hand. Not old enough to know what they don't know.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']As I said before, you're sacrificing performance...something that does matter, for something that adds nothing. It's just things popping out, who cares?

As much as I hate waggle, at least most everyone ignores it, and it doesn't lower the resolution and framerate.[/QUOTE]

The one thing here that confuses me, is we have went through the 2d to 3d transition once before... and as you can tell 3d was what won. Its few and far between now for the 2d games to even come out.

Dont think that 3d will not allow more immersion, as it will.

[quote name='confoosious']It adds nothing FOR YOU.

Where do you get the hubris that says "I don't like it so it must suck and everyone else must dislike it."

And before you try to throw it back at me, I don't give a shit if people hate the 3DS, you're entitled to your opinion -- i just wish they'd stop threadcrapping in here. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET. The haters remind me of indie rock fans who automatically will prehate an album they've never heard because it's the first one on a major label for one of their favorite bands.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate the 3DS, I hate the 3D part of it. It's completely useless and was added as a gimmick selling point, much like waggle on the Wii and the touchpad on DS. I'm still on the fence about buying one, and 3D is not a factor for or against since they have the slider (thank god).

The actual launch of this doesn't look too good, game wise and hardware wise so I'll probably just wait for 3DS lite.

[quote name='Snake2715']The one thing here that confuses me, is we have went through the 2d to 3d transition once before... and as you can tell 3d was what won. Its few and far between now for the 2d games to even come out.

Dont think that 3d will not allow more immersion, as it will.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, that's the weirdest thing about this whole argument. All of these people who are complaining that 3D is a gimmick and won't add anything are probably going to boot up a game that's in simulated 3D the next time they turn on their consoles . . .

so whatever you hate is a gimmick. If they added surround sound and you didn't like it, it too would be a gimmick. But if they added a virtual joystick and you liked it: not gimmick. gotcha.

[quote name='Snake2715']The one thing here that confuses me, is we have went through the 2d to 3d transition once before... and as you can tell 3d was what won. Its few and far between now for the 2d games to even come out.

Dont think that 3d will not allow more immersion, as it will.[/QUOTE]

What??? Those are two completely different types of 3D. It allowed games to be deeper and more complex. They're not related at all despite sharing the same name (I don't know the technical terms for it)

Things popping out of the screen is not going to allow games to be deeper and more complex. It's just not. That's why it's a gimmick.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']

Things popping out of the screen is not going to allow games to be deeper and more complex. It's just not. That's why it's a gimmick.[/QUOTE]

fantastic logic. you win.

[quote name='confoosious']so whatever you hate is a gimmick. If they added surround sound and you didn't like it, it too would be a gimmick. But if they added a virtual joystick and you liked it: not gimmick. gotcha.[/QUOTE]

You keep saying that to everyone because you have no counter-argument, and I don't blame you because there isn't one so trying to concoct one would be a huge waste of time.

I hate gimmicks simply because they do not add to the experience in a meaningful way. None of this crap adds to the story/graphics/ai/gameplay etc. The most you could say is that waggle and touchpad is a different way to control games, except in 99% of the cases it is an inferior way of controlling. It's not like the transition from pad to analog stick where it ADDED control depth.

[quote name='confoosious']fantastic logic. you win.[/QUOTE]

There is no logic, that's a common sense sentence. Much like if I said to you that jumping off a cliff will kill you. There's nothing to think about, it just will and it is assumed everyone knows it.

If you can come up with a way that an image popping out of a screen will significantly add to gameplay, then you've done what probably no developer will be able to do with this thing.

And you've played enough games with the nintendo 3ds' implementation of 3d to know that it doesn't add anything already? Wow, you must be really important in the industry.

The point here is that YOU have no leg to stand on. I don't have to prove that the 3DS isn't a gimmick because I'm not here saying it's the best tech in the whole wide world and will change gaming. Because I haven't seen it yet.

And unless you have, you probably should just shut your mouth instead of spouting your opinions "3d adds nothing to gaming" like they're facts.

I dunno. I, for one, think that Star Fox with things popping out of the screen is going to be awesome. But maybe that's just me.

I have a question about Amazon's gold box. I pre-ordered the 3DS but I haven't ordered any games yet because I want to give them a chance to show up in my gold box.

What do you guys think are the chances of 3DS games showing up? Would it be like normal, or do you think Amazon would exclude them from showing up?

[quote name='confoosious']And you've played enough games with the nintendo 3ds' implementation of 3d to know that it doesn't add anything already? Wow, you must be really important in the industry.

The point here is that YOU have no leg to stand on. I don't have to prove that the 3DS isn't a gimmick because I'm not here saying it's the best tech in the whole wide world and will change gaming. Because I haven't seen it yet.

And unless you have, you probably should just shut your mouth instead of spouting your opinions "3d adds nothing to gaming" like they're facts.[/QUOTE]

It's not opinion, it's fact. Unless you're some kind of simpleton that gets wowed by stuff that doesn't do anything meaningful, there's no two ways around it....it doesn't do anything important.

The 3D in this handheld is nothing different than any other 3D, you just don't wear the glasses. It's not going to look any different than any 3D you've seen in the last year or so. Nintendo didn't come up with some kind of virtual reality 3D that's going to melt your face with awesome-ness, they just came up with a way to not wear the dumb glasses.

[quote name='JohnHarker']I have a question about Amazon's gold box. I pre-ordered the 3DS but I haven't ordered any games yet because I want to give them a chance to show up in my gold box.

What do you guys think are the chances of 3DS games showing up? Would it be like normal, or do you think Amazon would exclude them from showing up?[/QUOTE]

One person earlier in the thread reported the 3DS itself showing up in his gold box (lucky bastard). So I'd think there's probably a fair chance of the games appearing as well, though I have no idea how you'd go about manipulating things to make them show up.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']It's not opinion, it's fact. Unless you're some kind of simpleton that gets wowed by stuff that doesn't do anything meaningful, there's no two ways around it....it doesn't do anything important.
.[/QUOTE]

If the criteria on whether something is a gimmick is whether the tech does "anything important" then why do you have such a hardon for HD graphics? After all, it doesn't do "anything important". You can still make out shapes on old EGA displays right? Oh right, what's important is defined by you. But that's not an opinion, it's fact.

I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you. Your whole logical reasoning is that 3D sucks and if you don't think it sucks, then you must be a simpleton. You also have no idea the difference between opinion and fact.

[quote name='arcane93']One person earlier in the thread reported the 3DS itself showing up in his gold box (lucky bastard). So I'd think there's probably a fair chance of the games appearing as well, though I have no idea how you'd go about manipulating things to make them show up.[/QUOTE]

Wow that guy was lucky! Thanks for the info, I'll hold off for a while.

The one thing i find funny is that the general consensus finds 3d gaming and movies etc to be something not for everyone and appeals to a niche crowd but the moment Nintendo does it its gospel to everyone and its innovative just because you don't wear fucking glasses so the fuck what 3d is 3d.

The best things I've seen in 3D that isn't movies are the Disney Philharmagic.

If the 3DS can do that without glasses, it's pure win.

And to all the nay-sayers... until it's out there, no one can guess what kind of outcome it will have.

Look at the Wii... Nintendo did it... guess who's trying to do it years later?

Maybe the PSP will venture into 3D when they release the PSP3...

[quote name='confoosious']If the criteria on whether something is a gimmick is whether the tech does "anything important" then why do you have such a hardon for HD graphics? After all, it doesn't do "anything important". You can still make out shapes on old EGA displays right? Oh right, what's important is defined by you. But that's not an opinion, it's fact.

I'm not wasting any more time arguing with you. Your whole logical reasoning is that 3D sucks and if you don't think it sucks, then you must be a simpleton. You also have no idea the difference between opinion and fact.[/QUOTE]

You're really going to argue that HD doesn't improve the graphics? Really?

Next you're going to tell me the analog stick didn't improve over the dpad. I got a high tolerance for stupidity and/or ignorance but that's too much even for me.

[quote name='renique46']The one thing i find funny is that the general consensus finds 3d gaming and movies etc to be something not for everyone and appeals to a niche crowd but the moment Nintendo does it its gospel to everyone and its innovative just because you don't wearing fucking glasses so the fuck what 3d is 3d.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I enjoy 3D movies (when the 3D is really used effectively, rather than just making things "jump out") and I'm excited about 3D games, when they finally come to some level of maturation. I've got a 3D-capable TV, though I haven't bought the 3D glasses yet and won't until there's more worthwhile content available. I'm pretty intrigued by the fact that the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus "remasters" for PS3 are going to support 3D, and may well buy the glasses at the point that those come out.

Still, I like the idea of not having to wear the glasses even more. Because of that, I'm cautiously optimistic about the 3D part of the 3DS (barring, of course, it making me sick or something).

I guess I must be in the "niche crowd".

[quote name='xycury']The best things I've seen in 3D that isn't movies are the Disney Philharmagic.

If the 3DS can do that without glasses, it's pure win.

And to all the nay-sayers... until it's out there, no one can guess what kind of outcome it will have.

Look at the Wii... Nintendo did it... guess who's trying to do it years later?

Maybe the PSP will venture into 3D when they release the PSP3...[/QUOTE]

Everyone's copying the Wii because of the casual dollar. No one (I'm hoping) actually believes that waggle sports is better or has more depth than Uncharted, Mass Effect, etc.

Casuals are always going to be more into the gimmicks and the cheap stuff, that's why they're called casuals. It doesn't have to be a derogatory term I guess, but to bring into the argument that because the Wii is sucessful it somehow validates waggle as an impressive technology is foolish.

[quote name='renique46']The one thing i find funny is that the general consensus finds 3d gaming and movies etc to be something not for everyone and appeals to a niche crowd but the moment Nintendo does it its gospel to everyone and its innovative just because you don't wearing fucking glasses so the fuck what 3d is 3d.[/QUOTE]

It's not about the 3D aspect to all of us that have already ordered. I'm interested to see exactly what it's like but I'm mostly excited about the games that are coming up for it. It just makes sense for me to upgrade because of that very reason.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']You're really going to argue that HD doesn't improve the graphics? Really?

Next you're going to tell me the analog stick didn't improve over the dpad. I got a high tolerance for stupidity and/or ignorance but that's too much even for me.[/QUOTE]

There's plenty of great games that came before HD. And great games don't need HD. It can look amazing but play like shit, NO one is going to play it....

I don't know why you can't wrap that around your noggin.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Everyone's copying the Wii because of the casual dollar. No one (I'm hoping) actually believes that waggle sports is better or has more depth than Uncharted, Mass Effect, etc.

Casuals are always going to be more into the gimmicks and the cheap stuff, that's why they're called casuals. It doesn't have to be a derogatory term I guess, but to bring into the argument that because the Wii is sucessful it somehow validates waggle as an impressive technology is foolish.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everyone likes making a buck... it's a sellout tactic that you're favorite console makers are hopping on that train, no angst for them I see... because they gotz the HDz.

And no one was talking about the Wiis success, it was to back my point of bringing out something different... like Apple did with Ipods, like Toyata did with Hybrid cars and then taking it to the next level or bringing other players in to that same level.

Nice little way to make a snarky comment and say I'm stupid.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']You're really going to argue that HD doesn't improve the graphics? Really?

Next you're going to tell me the analog stick didn't improve over the dpad. I got a high tolerance for stupidity and/or ignorance but that's too much even for me.[/QUOTE]

Of course it does. But by your logic it shouldn't because "it doesn't do anything important".:roll:

I really gotta stop reading your posts, it's making me crazy. You're either the most illogical person, the best troll, or the biggest moron in here.

He said he's done arguing so I'll pick it up for him. :)

Now you're just making stuff up, where in that quote did he say that? He simply stated that HD didn't do anything important, while I love it so, is quite true and his point is valid.

[quote name='confoosious']Of course it does. But by your logic it shouldn't because "it doesn't do anything important".:roll:

I really gotta stop reading your posts, it's making me crazy. You're either the most illogical person, the best troll, or the biggest moron in here.[/QUOTE]

You can't call someone a moron when you're going around saying HD doesn't do anything important. Improving image quality is a clearly defined improvement, unlike waggle and 3D. Does waggle improve controls? No. Does 3D add depth? no

We'll see 100 years from now if waggle and 3D can be expanded on, but as it stands now they're nothing but gimmicks.

bread's done
Back