Launch Date March 27, 2011

Price $249.99 MSRP*

Included in Hardware The following is included in the hardware set:
  1. Nintendo 3DS system
  2. Nintendo 3DS charging cradle
  3. Nintendo 3DS AC adapter
  4. Nintendo 3DS stylus
  5. SD Memory Card (2GB)
  6. AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games)
  7. Quick-Start Guide
  8. Operations Manual (including warranty)

Characteristic Features
  1. 3D screen, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses and the ability to adjust or turn off 3D effect with the 3D Depth Slider.
  2. Stereo cameras that enable users to take 3D photos that can be viewed instantly on the 3D screen.
  3. New input interfaces including the Circle Pad, motion sensor, gyro sensor
  4. SpotPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect wireless hotspots or wireless LAN access points and obtain information, game data, free software, videos and so on for players even when the system is in sleep mode.**
  5. StreetPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS exchange data automatically with other Nintendo 3DS systems within range, even in sleep mode once this feature is activated by the user. Data for multiple games can be exchanged simultaneously.
  6. Convenient features that users can access without stopping game play such as the HOME menu, Internet Brower, Notifications, etc.
  7. Plenty of built-in software such as the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
  8. Nintendo eShop where users can view trailers, software rankings and purchase software.
  9. System Transfer which enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.***
  10. Compatibility functions where both new software designed for Nintendo 3DS and most software for the Nintendo DS family of systems can be played.
  11. Parental Controls which enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.****

Size (when closed) 2.9 inches high, 5.3 inches long, 0.8 inches deep.

Weight Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).

Upper Screen Wide-screen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses. Capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors. 3.53 inches display (3.02 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution. 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.

Lower Screen LCD with a touch screen capable of displaying 16.77 million colors. 3.02 inches (2.42 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution.

Cameras One inner camera and two outer cameras. Resolutions are 640 x 480 for each camera. Lens are single focus and uses the CMOS capture element. The active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.

Wireless Communication 2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Input Controls Input controls are the following:
  1. A/B/X/Y Button, +Control Pad, L/R Button, START/SELECT
  2. Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input)
  3. Touch screen
  4. Embedded microphone
  5. Camera
  6. Motion sensor
  7. Gyro sensor

Other Input Controls Other input controls are the following:
  1. 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect)
  2. HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu)
  3. Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play)
  4. POWER button

Connector Connector includes:
  1. Game Card slot
  2. SD Card slot
  3. Cradle connector
  4. AC adapter connector
  5. Audio jack (stereo output)

Sound Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).

Stylus Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94 inches when fully extended).

Electric Power AC adaptor (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].

Charge Time About 3.5 hours

Battery Duration When playing Nintendo 3DS software about 3-5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software about 5-8 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.

Game Card Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cRodz']I will not get one. [yet]

I been reading this thread and tried to keep up to date cause it is quite amusing.
Both sides attempt to "shut" each other out with their "facts" but both amusingly fail in the process.
Hehe.
The only thing that rises my blood pressure is the word:
Innovative.
Really? There are people misusing this word and it goes against all what i believe in.

Anyways, rage aside
The major reasons why i wont get it are pretty reasonable.

The major reason being is Battery Life.
I am anal when my "portables" dont have a good size battery. [That is a reason why i dont have a iPod but a J3 or a *crappy* (compared against those smartphones) Cosmos cellphone since both provide me with outstanding battery life]
From my understanding, the 3ds will have around 3 or 4 hours to play. Thing is, i find that VERY low. Even if i turn off the 3D and start playing with my Pokemon game, i know the battery life should at least increase some hours or so.
However, if i do this, then i should just grab my DS Lite and play Pokemon instead. Playing a regular DS game on a so called 250 upgraded Handheld doesnt make much sense to me.

Another thing..
a GBA became GBA SP
A DS became DS Lite / XL
a 3DS will definitely become a 3DS Lite

I am just going to wait for the Lite version. [I dont know why people like the XL, they must be wearing clown pants or something]
Simple as that. Nintendo will fix their launch 3ds and make it smaller and place more a better battery in their 3ds.
i dont get those early adopters either.
They always get shafted in the launch of a new product.
I dont feel like bending over for the 3ds when i can become a laggard and wait for the definite Lite version.
So yeah. 3DS lite for me :D

Lastly...
gamesof2011chart.jpg
2011 looks bright.
Handhelds aside, 2011 is the year of the PS3 and PC.
Cant believe the games that are coming out for their respective platform. wow.
Suddenly, owning a pc gaming rig has become my top priority..
so even if i grab a 3ds,
it will not get any play from me i guess.

I would definitely want to play OoT but i will do it on a 3ds Lite.
Also, give me a "Trade a DS Lite and pay 100 dollars to obtain a 3DS *Lite*" in the near future and i will jump right there.[/QUOTE]

lol at the wii column having red x's almost down the list how pathetic that the 2 rpgs that are exclusive could never see the light of day here

[quote name='tranceFusion']Want to know how Nintendo can get away with charging $250 for a "gimmicky minor upgrade to the DS" ?

![/QUOTE]

Just like Apple can charge $230 for a minor upgrade to the iPod. It's business and we are all entitled to our own opinions but this thread is for 3DS deals/preorder discussion NOT to have a seven page flame war over it.

[quote name='DQT']With absolutely no ill will I have to ask:

As opposed to this thread where people aren't arguing over nothing?[/QUOTE]

Mostly in threads with 10 replies or fewer, usually before there's time for things have a chance to get derailed.

So, how about that 3DS? :D

[quote name='DQT']With absolutely no ill will I have to ask:

As opposed to this thread where people aren't arguing over nothing?[/QUOTE]

I can't argue with that. ;)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just like Apple can charge $230 for a minor upgrade to the iPod. It's business and we are all entitled to our own opinions but this thread is for 3DS deals/preorder discussion NOT to have a seven page flame war over it.[/QUOTE]

I found out yesterday that we're not entitled to our own opinions unless someone else thinks they are valid. Glad I got that out of the way.

Speaking of the 3DS though, has anyone seen how the 3D effect plays out for Steel Diver? I'm very curious about that game and wonder if the effect is restricted to the periscope mode or if it is utilized in the side scrolling type part of the gameplay as well.

[quote name='psunami']I found out yesterday that we're not entitled to our own opinions unless someone else thinks they are valid. Glad I got that out of the way.[/QUOTE]

Some people think that the system is too gimmicky/incremental-an-upgrade/power-hungry/expensive to buy it now.

Some people think that the games/technology/etc are enough to justify buying the the system at launch.

There, now that we've "got that out of the way," would you enjoy this thread to continue its pointless, and frankly boring, torrent of debate?

[quote name='renique46']lol at the wii column having red x's almost down the list how pathetic that the 2 rpgs that are exclusive could never see the light of day here[/QUOTE]

Virtua Tennis can be taken off the exclusive list now.

[quote name='elessar123']Just out of curiosity, are I there reports of people unable to see the 3D effects?[/QUOTE]

No, but there have been early reports by some journalists of headaches with prolonged viewing, and also feedback that you must be viewing the screen at just the right angle/distance to see the 3D effects, otherwise you get a "double-vision" effect:

http://www.digitalversus.com/nintendo-3ds-hands-on-impressions-news-17612.html

Also Nintendo strongly advises people to not play games in 3D longer than 30 minutes at a time, and to take a 15 minute break after 30 minutes of play (in 3D mode).

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, but there have been early reports by some journalists of headaches with prolonged viewing, and also feedback that you must be viewing the screen at just the right angle/distance to see the 3D effects, otherwise you get a "double-vision" effect:

Also Nintendo strongly advises people to not play games in 3D longer than 30 minutes at a time, and to take a 15 minute break after 30 minutes of play (in 3D mode).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I think someone mentioned the headaches already. The reason I ask is because I've never been able to see the Magic Eye images, and my GF has a very strong preference in one eye that causes her to not see 3D TV effects well.

Am I the only person excited for the capabilities of the actual handheld? I'm super excited to play games that exceed the PS2/GC/Xbox era on a handheld device, and even more so in anticipation for the inevitable emulators that let us play PS2/GC/Xbox games on the go.

I really don't care about the 3D all that much. I am more interested in WPA support for 3DS games. Better graphics and an analog stick are also nice.

[quote name='arcane93']Ok, so Atlus knows how to force me to buy a 3DS . . .

Atlus brings SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for Nintendo 3DS to North America

Heh, indeed. I couldn't believe it when I saw that the DSi only supported WEP. I'm not dumbing down my network security for a handheld game console. Welcome to 2005, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

They had me at Etrian Odyssey 3DS. Also, Layton vs Phoenix Wright sealed the deal. Not planning on release day though.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, but there have been early reports by some journalists of headaches with prolonged viewing, and also feedback that you must be viewing the screen at just the right angle/distance to see the 3D effects, otherwise you get a "double-vision" effect:

Also Nintendo strongly advises people to not play games in 3D longer than 30 minutes at a time, and to take a 15 minute break after 30 minutes of play (in 3D mode).[/QUOTE]

I want the 3DS solely for the games. If it is anything like the DS1, I will be very happy.

[quote name='arcane93']I couldn't believe it when I saw that the DSi only supported WEP. I'm not dumbing down my network security for a handheld game console. Welcome to 2005, Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

The DSi actually does support WPA, but I believe that only some of the more recent games have been coded to take advantage it. Older games still default to WEP.

[quote name='Thrinn']The DSi does support WPA, but I believe that only some of the more recent games have been coded to take advantage it. Older games still default to WEP.[/QUOTE]

Oh, haha, shit, it does, doesn't it? But I remember now, they buried the setting somewhere else in it other than the main network settings page. I totally forgot about that when I moved and had to configure my new router, and when I went to set it up, I only saw the WEP option. Now I have to try to remember where the WPA setting was (or where I put my manual, but that might be an even harder thing to find . . . ). :lol:

I don't really understand the "coded to take advantage of it" thing, though. Why on earth isn't all of the networking handled by the firmware, so that the games don't even have to know the difference?

[quote name='arcane93']I don't really understand the "coded to take advantage of it" thing, though. Why on earth isn't all of the networking handled by the firmware, so that the games don't even have to know the difference?[/QUOTE]
I've been thinking the exact same. When the 360 added support for WPA2 all of its games worked with WPA2 w/o a problem. Hopefully at the very least the 3DS will have game patches to allow older games to support hardware features implemented in later revisions of the platform.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Am I the only person excited for the capabilities of the actual handheld? I'm super excited to play games that exceed the PS2/GC/Xbox era on a handheld device, and even more so in anticipation for the inevitable emulators that let us play PS2/GC/Xbox games on the go.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but there is no way you will see a playable PS2/GC/Xbox emulator on the 3DS. There is absolutely no reason to believe we will see one. The PSP can't even emulate a Nintendo 64 at playable speeds (unless you consider Mario 64 playable at 20fps w/no sound). If anyone attempts one, expect ~1fps max. Even modern day PCs have a hard time emulating most games on these systems at playable speeds, so why would you expect a handheld to emulate them?

[quote name='Thrinn']I've been thinking the exact same. When the 360 added support for WPA2 all of its games worked with WPA2 w/o a problem. Hopefully at the very least the 3DS will have game patches to allow older games to support hardware features implemented in later revisions of the platform.[/QUOTE]

Due to the pretty bare bones OS in the DS, IIRC networking is handled in cooperation between the game and the system. The game has some (all?) of the network driver code in it, so if the game predates the DSi it won't know how to handle WPA. I doubt there would be an easy way to patch games for WPA without redoing the game entirely. (hello, Mario Kart and Animal Crossing ;) )

Hmmmm...I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order, hang onto my DSi, and get a PSP. I'll pick up the 3DS down the line once the library gets better. Sad to hear that OoT will miss the launch window.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Sorry, but there is no way you will see a playable PS2/GC/Xbox emulator on the 3DS. There is absolutely no reason to believe we will see one. The PSP can't even emulate a Nintendo 64 at playable speeds (unless you consider Mario 64 playable at 20fps w/no sound). If anyone attempts one, expect ~1fps max. Even modern day PCs have a hard time emulating most games on these systems at playable speeds, so why would you expect a handheld to emulate them?[/QUOTE]

you're mostly wrong here...

the PSP has the processing power to EASILY handle N64 games. The problem your talking about is the systems inability to emulate the system & game together just like the original. Unfortunately there wasn't enough support in the homebrew to emulate an N64 better. It's a software problem as opposed to a hardware problem.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Am I the only person excited for the capabilities of the actual handheld? I'm super excited to play games that exceed the PS2/GC/Xbox era on a handheld device, and even more so in anticipation for the inevitable emulators that let us play PS2/GC/Xbox games on the go.[/QUOTE]

Yes though I'm not sure I'd go as far as excited since it's a slightly more powerful psp. I'm "excited" to see what the psp2 can do though.

But that being said I am interested to see down the road how far the 3DS can be pushed power wise. In order to do that though, devs would have to ignore the 3D gimmick (which shouldn't be a problem since most do ignore Nintendo's gimmicks) so framerate and resolution aren't butchered.

I'm less excited about the 3DS than I was about the DS.

AT the same time I already pre-ordered it.

I want to check it out first hand. I'm wondering about the tradeoffs for 3d though. How touchy is the viewing angle? How much does 3d drag down the image quality? CAn you have really fast paced action and 3d? Will the 3d be used in gameplay or be entirely eye candy? ....

so I need to see for my own 2 eyes. I'll ebay it if I'm not sold. Good chance I ebay it anyway and wait til the real games start to come out.

My kids may say otherwise though.

[quote name='Justin42']I doubt there would be an easy way to patch games for WPA without redoing the game entirely.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that I could think would be that, given the extra processing capability that the 3DS has which those older games won't be using anyway, a more robust OS could handle the WPA translation in the background and pass the data to the game essentially as if the network was unencrypted. Whether Nintendo would actually go to that kind of effort, though, is probably doubtful.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Yes though I'm not sure I'd go as far as excited since it's a slightly more powerful psp. I'm "excited" to see what the psp2 can do though.

But that being said I am interested to see down the road how far the 3DS can be pushed power wise. In order to do that though, devs would have to ignore the 3D gimmick (which shouldn't be a problem since most do ignore Nintendo's gimmicks) so framerate and resolution aren't butchered.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the 3D feature is nothing more than a gimmick (this has been discussed many times in this thread, and as pointed out each person is entitled to their opinion, and that is my opinion, no need to get defensive if you disagree). But more importantly, what about upper screen type/quality of the 3DS?

I was doing some research and just realized, that Nintendo missed the boat again (or intentionally left a feature out, with the plan to add it to an "upgraded" 3DS Lite release).

The top screen on the 3DS is just an LCD screen; but the cutting edge trend in small color displays is either AMOLED, or Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode, or Sony Super LCD. AMOLED and Super LCD displays exhibit much richer colors, and have better black saturation, than traditional LCD screens. Check out videos of them on Youtube if you want to see how they look in comparison to "standard" LCD, or each other.

The 3DS uses the old LCD technology for the top (higher resolution) screen, which is really not new technology and not cutting edge. The PSP2 MAY feature an AMOLED or Super LCD screen, see here:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/rumor-sony-psp2-could-sport-amoled-display-3g-access/21767

My guess; to keep the costs down, and make way for a "3DS Lite" in the near future, Nintendo just used the old LCD tecnology. That leaves them able to add an "upgraded" screen to a newer release of the 3DS (ala "3DS Lite" with AMOLED screen) down the road, when the technology becomes cheaper. Advantage to that for Nintendo, most people who bought the original 3DS will buy the upgraded "3DS Lite" version, due to the big improvement in screen quality (same thing happend with the DS vs. DS Lite, and PSP-2000 vs. PSP-3000, both had improved brighter/more saturated screens).

If the PSP2 does indeed sport a Super LCD or AMOLED screen, it will be substantially improved from the 3DS simple LCD screen; not a good sign for the launch the 3DS, regardless of the 3D "feature".

I've seen AMOLED and Super LCD screens in cellphones, notably the Samsung Fascinate, and the colors are very rich and saturated, and the blacks are much darker, than LCD screens. Much improved over my LG Envy Touch LCD screens, which are simple LCD.

Has anyone heard anything different about the type of upper screen in the 3DS? As far as I can tell from all my research, it will be LCD, not any of the two newer technologies. If so, count on a 3DS Lite down the road, forcing a re-buy of the console for people who want the improved screen.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Gamestop is having a special promotion if you trade in the following DS models towards a preorder of the Nintendo 3DS.

Trade your DSi XL and get $100 in-store credit toward the reservation of a 3DS, trade in your DSi and get $75 or trade in your DS lite and get $50.

Promotion ends 02/20/11

Wow, I just saw the launch line up >_> That is awful. I was really excited, but now I'm kind of thinking of waiting for next year to get the new model. I've never had such a hard time deciding what to do before haha.

[quote name='confoosious']Do you think people lining up to buy the 3DS really care?[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll know in a few hours what the PSP2 has, but really. People will buy a 3ds because it has zelda, mario and pokemon games on it.

And yeah the launch line up blows, I expect only 1 or 2 of the games to be good/decent. And as a CAG I don't pay full MSRP for "decent" games. But I also know since its nintendo hard ware I don't expect a price drop for at least 18 months. And I'm more worried there will be a gem in the launch line up that I will want to play and have a hard time finding a 3ds post launch.

Like the PS3, most folks didn't pay 600 bucks to play fall of man, they paid for it because they had faith Sony would deleiver the goods as time went one. And I expect Nintendo to deliver the goods as well.

[quote name='KingDox']I guess we'll know in a few hours what the PSP2 has, but really. People will buy a 3ds because it has zelda, mario and pokemon games on it.[/QUOTE]

don't forget nintendogs+cats. I often seen kids buying DSs when I'm in target looking for clearance.

[quote name='confoosious']don't forget nintendogs+cats. I often seen kids buying DSs when I'm in target looking for clearance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my point was you buy a nintendo console for nintendo games. The psp and the ds isn't like Nivida vs ATI.

People aren't going to say "I picked the PSP2 because it has a better screen". Even if it does (and I actually expect it will). They'll buy one because they want to play god of war, GT or some other x-factor game.

I'm getting one just because I'm ready to upgrade to a bigger screen from my ds lite, and since the 3ds is about to come out I might as well go for that instead of the xl. I'm not even sure I'll be getting any games for it until Kid Icarus or something really good comes out... well....maybe SSIV... maybe.... ok I'm getting it.

Iwata: The first thing (Nobuo) Nagai-san10, who's in charge at the Uji plant, said to me when he looked over the designs for Nintendo 3DS before mass production began was "This time it's fully packed right from the start."

Sugino: Oh, really? (laughs) But he was right. That's why we don't have any short-term plans for creating a more compact version of Nintendo 3DS like we did with Nintendo DS Lite. (laughs)

;)

Welp, psp2 has my money. Conference isn't over yet, and I'm expecting a crazy high price, but I can't ignore the quality of what I saw there. Truly amazing for a handheld.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Welp, psp2 has my money. Conference isn't over yet, and I'm expecting a crazy high price, but I can't ignore the quality of what I saw there. Truly amazing for a handheld.[/QUOTE]

shocker.

Somehow none of the stuff Sony announced tonight was a gimmick though, right?

Man, you are one sad sad fanboy.

And it's not like Sony has a history of announcing a more powerful system just before another system's launch, just to deliver a system that's really not all that different... right?

As for the screens-- the original PSP screen blew the original DS screen out of the water. Didn't help the system much. I wouldn't necessarily assume just because AMOLED exists that Nintendo is planning on using it, it's not like a whole lot of glasses-free 3d screens exist, so they use what's available.

(and yes, AMOLED is gorgeous, I have a Zune HD and the screen is awesome... so I'm not discounting that, but I'm discounting that people are going to scoff at the 3DS over it)

And I'm not even hating on the PSP2. It looks pretty cool. I just find it funny that the dude who kept insisting in here that the 3DS was a gimmick got all gooey over the announcement of the PSP2, which apparently had no gimmicky aspects.

I doubt even 10% of the target market a 3DS even know what AMOLED is.

[quote name='confoosious']shocker.

Somehow none of the stuff Sony announced tonight was a gimmick though, right?

Man, you are one sad sad fanboy.[/QUOTE]

Coming from the guy defending the 3DS to the death that means a lot. It has motion gimmicks, but it has 2 sticks, a great screen, better online, and near ps3 quality graphics.

That's what we call improvement. For the last time, I hate the 3D part of 3DS, not the actual system. I'll probably pick one up in 2014 for some nintendo stuff, but it doesn't hold a candle to what I'm seeing here.

funny, i don't remember "defending the 3DS to the death". I merely said that people who hate on the 3DS don't have a leg to stand on because they have never played with one.

But then again, what do you expect from a PSP fanboy who can't read.

It won't be me but I hope someone trolls the hell out of the PSP2 preorder thread so maybe you can see how fucking lame it is. And by extension, how lame you are.

Now that your precious PSP2 has been announced, can you leave this thread to the adults who are actually interested in preordering the 3DS? Or are you gonna continue to troll here with your "3DS is a gimmick" posts?

All you've done in this entire thread is shit on anyone who has anything negative to say about 3DS. That makes you the loser fanboy. I can tell you're extremely pissed that psp2 is blowing the doors off right now, but that's your problem.

I'll enjoy both...eventually.

I'm not pissed at all. If I see a good deal, I'll buy the PSP2 for the hell of it.

Unlike you, I don't hate on things for no reason.

Now, please go away.

I seriously doubt publishers will all jump in to make games for the PSP2. Imagine how much they have to invest to make a game on that thing… they rather make it for the console instead. Or just port stuffs over. (but you probably don't want that)

Especially when the PSP name isn't so bright in the first place. If you are a developer would you want to invest and make games for it?

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']All you've done in this entire thread is shit on anyone who has anything negative to say about 3DS. That makes you the loser fanboy. I can tell you're extremely pissed that psp2 is blowing the doors off right now, but that's your problem.

I'll enjoy both...eventually.[/QUOTE]

So PSP2 was just announced and it's already "blowing the doors off"?

How are you not a fanboy?

There's absolutely no reason why I wouldn't want both systems to be awesome, and I'll likely be buying both. You can speculate about the "gimmicks" and hardware but it always comes down to the games. History has shown us that hardware isn't everything with the hardware-superior PSP losing to the DS.

When the PSP2 pre-order thread comes up, I'll order it and thank the OP. What I won't do is thread-crap and talk about Microsoft > Sony, DS > PSP, IPad > PSP, or any other bias nonsense.

[quote name='Antipodes']So PSP2 was just announced and it's already "blowing the doors off"?

How are you not a fanboy?

There's absolutely no reason why I wouldn't want both systems to be awesome, and I'll likely be buying both. You can speculate about the "gimmicks" and hardware but it always comes down to the games. History has shown us that hardware isn't everything with the hardware-superior PSP losing to the DS.

When the PSP2 pre-order thread comes up, I'll order it and thank the OP. What I won't do is thread-crap and talk about Microsoft > Sony, DS > PSP, IPad > PSP, or any other bias nonsense.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about sales, I don't know and don't care how either will do. I was talking about quality. Every extra feature for both aside, you're getting gamecube to maybe at the very best early Wii quality on 3ds to ps3 quality on psp2 with a HD screen (or very close to).

That's what I mean about blowing the doors off, it straight up embarassed the 3DS last night. It's important to me because I was on the fence last night for getting a 3DS on launch day and psp2 pretty much drop kicked me off it, even if it doesn't come out until winter.

[quote name='confoosious']It won't be me but I hope someone trolls the hell out of the PSP2 preorder thread so maybe you can see how fucking lame it is. And by extension, how lame you are.[/QUOTE]
I call bullshit on that.
You love to see yourself type and you have to comment on every goddamn thing. No doubt, you'll make an appearance in that thread, when it pops up.

Query: Aren't you just as "lame" for responding to every Tom, Dick and Harry that says something you don't like?
The correct answer is: Yes. :D

bread's done
Back