Launch Date March 27, 2011

Price $249.99 MSRP*

Included in Hardware The following is included in the hardware set:
  1. Nintendo 3DS system
  2. Nintendo 3DS charging cradle
  3. Nintendo 3DS AC adapter
  4. Nintendo 3DS stylus
  5. SD Memory Card (2GB)
  6. AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games)
  7. Quick-Start Guide
  8. Operations Manual (including warranty)

Characteristic Features
  1. 3D screen, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses and the ability to adjust or turn off 3D effect with the 3D Depth Slider.
  2. Stereo cameras that enable users to take 3D photos that can be viewed instantly on the 3D screen.
  3. New input interfaces including the Circle Pad, motion sensor, gyro sensor
  4. SpotPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS detect wireless hotspots or wireless LAN access points and obtain information, game data, free software, videos and so on for players even when the system is in sleep mode.**
  5. StreetPass, a feature that lets Nintendo 3DS exchange data automatically with other Nintendo 3DS systems within range, even in sleep mode once this feature is activated by the user. Data for multiple games can be exchanged simultaneously.
  6. Convenient features that users can access without stopping game play such as the HOME menu, Internet Brower, Notifications, etc.
  7. Plenty of built-in software such as the Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Maker, StreetPass, Mii Plaza, AR Games, Activity Log, Face Raiders, etc.
  8. Nintendo eShop where users can view trailers, software rankings and purchase software.
  9. System Transfer which enable users to transfer already purchased software from one Nintendo 3DS system to another. DSiWare purchased for the Nintendo DSi or the Nintendo DSi XL can also be transferred into a Nintendo 3DS system.***
  10. Compatibility functions where both new software designed for Nintendo 3DS and most software for the Nintendo DS family of systems can be played.
  11. Parental Controls which enable parents to restrict game content by ratings as well as use of specific wireless connectivity, 3D functionality, etc.****

Size (when closed) 2.9 inches high, 5.3 inches long, 0.8 inches deep.

Weight Approximately 8 ounces (including battery pack, stylus, SD memory card).

Upper Screen Wide-screen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses. Capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors. 3.53 inches display (3.02 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 800 x 240 pixel resolution. 400 pixels are allocated to each eye to enable 3D viewing.

Lower Screen LCD with a touch screen capable of displaying 16.77 million colors. 3.02 inches (2.42 inches wide, 1.81 inches high) with 320 x 240 pixel resolution.

Cameras One inner camera and two outer cameras. Resolutions are 640 x 480 for each camera. Lens are single focus and uses the CMOS capture element. The active pixel count is approximately 300,000 pixels.

Wireless Communication 2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Input Controls Input controls are the following:
  1. A/B/X/Y Button, +Control Pad, L/R Button, START/SELECT
  2. Circle Pad (enabling 360-degree analog input)
  3. Touch screen
  4. Embedded microphone
  5. Camera
  6. Motion sensor
  7. Gyro sensor

Other Input Controls Other input controls are the following:
  1. 3D Depth Slider (enabling smooth adjustment of the 3D level effect)
  2. HOME (HOME button brings up the HOME menu)
  3. Wireless switch (can disable wireless functionality even during game play)
  4. POWER button

Connector Connector includes:
  1. Game Card slot
  2. SD Card slot
  3. Cradle connector
  4. AC adapter connector
  5. Audio jack (stereo output)

Sound Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen (supports virtual surround sound).

Stylus Telescoping stylus (approximately 3.94 inches when fully extended).

Electric Power AC adaptor (WAP-002 [USA]). Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack (lithium ion battery) [CTR-003].

Charge Time About 3.5 hours

Battery Duration When playing Nintendo 3DS software about 3-5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software about 5-8 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.

Game Card Nintendo 3DS Game Card. The size is approximately the same as Nintendo DS Game Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='billydeewilliams']who remembers the virtual boy? was that considered 3d?[/QUOTE]

We all remember the VB... it was not 3D... it used sprites on various plains of paralax.

In for 1 aqua 3ds. Figure these will be like the Wii, really hard to find for at least a year or so. Even though it's $249, at least it's backwards compatible with ds games. I'd much rather support Nintendo's handheld than Sony's PSP/PSP2.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I've heard that argument about it being a "100% successor", but funny how it still has dual screens and will play DS games. Mark this as a minor upgrade to the DS, with the 3D gimmick thrown in (which may not be as great as it seems, judging by the magicbox link posted previously about how most Japanese users got sick from the 3D effects and turned them off after a short time!). Nintendo will spin this as a totally new system, but in reality I don't think it will be as mindbending as you'd think.[/QUOTE]

The DS was able to play GBA games. Does the next "true" successor to the DS need to have 3 screens? You're an idiot.

[quote name='Vader582']You really think Nin didn't consider $300 in the US, even for one second? GTFO. Face_palm yourself.[/QUOTE]

The DSi was $292 US there. No idiot... I don't.

[quote name='zenintrude']We all remember the VB... it was not 3D... it used sprites on various plains of paralax.[/QUOTE]
The wiki disagrees with you. :D

[quote name='Vader582']The wiki disagrees with you. :D[/QUOTE]

Did you notice how "true 3D graphics" were in quotes?

Yea.......

the Virtual Boy creates an illusion of depth through the effect known as parallax.

There's not a single VB game that utilizes a 3D model... the closest that comes is Red Alarm which creates a world of vector lines.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']The DSi was $292 US there. No idiot... I don't.[/QUOTE]
WTF dude? I don't have a problem with Nintendo, obviously your most favorite company everz.

I lol even more when i look at the games its literally about 95% ports or sequels nothing starting its own franchise. Now i love Nintendo characters don't get me wrong but playing mario,zelda, pokemon every decade gets old. Same on xbox and PS they just don't have as long as running franchises. I mean that's basically what Nintendo is a continuing franchise and everything else turns to shovel ware. I think DS and Wii had more shovelware then any other console/ hand held.

I was honestly expecting a $300 price for this. But even at $250 I won't bite. Nintendo has a history of improving (or is it holding back) tech on new hand-held products. I'll just wait for the revision that will be released a year later. Nintendo always releases revised hand-held hardware that is much better than the original product at the original price or lower. I guess Nintendo must consider the iPod it's main competitor because they follow Apple's product strategy (or does Apple follow Nintendo's? :whistle2:k).

But hey, I appreciate early adopters, they make it easier for people like me to be a cheapass ;)! And as a added bonus, if you buy down the road, you don't have to buy any early crap releases to justify your purchase!

[quote name='Vader582']WTF dude? I don't have a problem with Nintendo, your obvious most favorite company everz.[/QUOTE]

His point is that you started going off about how Nintendo's PR dept was the source of the $300 rumor and how it was a grand plan to then release it at $250 and get all this goodwill.

When it most likely was the simpler exchange rate that gave all the analysts and pundits the $300 price tag rumor.

Then somehow you changed it to 'well, nintendo considered selling it at $300. you gtfo. roarz'

[quote name='needler420']I lol even more when i look at the games its literally about 95% ports or sequels nothing starting its own franchise. Now i love Nintendo characters don't get me wrong but playing mario,zelda, pokemon every decade gets old. Same on xbox and PS they just don't have as long as running franchises. I mean that's basically what Nintendo is a continuing franchise and everything else turns to shovel ware. I think DS and Wii had more shovelware then any other console/ hand held.[/QUOTE]

This isn't xbox1, you don't need a killer new franchise to sell systems. Nintendogs+cats is gonna be the killer app for all the kids that want this system. And for the adult gamers... tbd.

[quote name='zenintrude']People really have gone off the deep end on here today... full of angry nerds.[/QUOTE]

And diehard fanboyz who will buy anything Nintendo puts out . . . :applause:

[quote name='confoosious']His point is that you started going off about how Nintendo's PR dept was the source of the $300 rumor and how it was a grand plan to then release it at $250 and get all this goodwill.

When it most likely was the simpler exchange rate that gave all the analysts and pundits the $300 price tag rumor.

Then somehow you changed it to 'well, nintendo considered selling it at $300. you gtfo. roarz'

This isn't xbox1, you don't need a killer new franchise to sell systems. Nintendogs+cats is gonna be the killer app for all the kids that want this system. And for the adult gamers... tbd.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you need a new franchise to be a system seller. I said I'm tired of playing the same pokemon game since I'm 12 with the same engine same badge trainers just a bit rehashed with different pokemon names.
Of course the kids are going to eat it up I'm nearing 22 though i think it time for me to put mario and pokemon down. But now that you mention it xbox1 was great and what it did halo was great and its barely 10 years old.

[quote name='zenintrude']With the exception of not kowtowing to your definition of innovation (which I guess is high rez + MOAR PIXALZZZ!!) Nintendo has been able to create entirely new gameplay experiences that are above and beyond pushing a button and flicking a stick.

THAT IS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF INNOVATION.[/QUOTE]

In the Innovation vs Gimmick debate, I always prefer to look at it on a by implementation basis. If the game simply could not exist (or at least suffer greatly) without the technology = innovation. If the technology was shoehorned into the game and the game would be able to work just fine without it = gimmick.

For example, Wii Sports = innovation. Without motion controls, no one would care about it. With it, people were having a lot of fun. Mario Galaxy's implementation of Motion Controls = gimmick. If Spin were mapped to an extra button instead of Waggle, the game probably would've been better for it.

When it comes to the 3D stuff, I'll look at it the same way...the implementation of a 3D screen will be new, but not quite innovative. It'll be up to the developer's to do the innovation and come up with ways to use it such that we couldn't imagine their game without it. If no one can, only then will it be a true gimmick.

[quote name='needler420']I didn't say you need a new franchise to be a system seller. I said I'm tired of playing the same pokemon game since I'm 12 with the same engine same badge trainers just a bit rehashed with different pokemon names.
Of course the kids are going to eat it up I'm nearing 22 though i think it time for me to put mario and pokemon down.[/QUOTE]

And aren't you tired of playing shooters on the HD consoles?

And I'm 26 and I appreciate Nintendo games even more than when I was a kid...

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']And aren't you tired of playing shooters on the HD consoles?[/QUOTE]

Actually yes. If it was my choice id be playing halo 1 on lan parties. Now that you mention it i may even try to get back into PC gaming its expensive but counter strike and World of warcraft have been some of my funnest games.

I think this one will go for up to $400.00 on ebay. I would say get one, since there is not tax and free shipping. Does anyone know how much did the DS(fat), DS Lite and DSi's go for on ebay at launch?

What the fuck! So by your definition the SNES was not a generational change nor was the ps2 or 3? Worst argument I have ever heard. I mean come one this might not be the product for you but that's just plan silly. This is the scuccesser to the DS much like te GBA from the Gameboy.

Also drop the fanboy shit; just because I am going to buy a 3DS that makes me a fanboy? When all other reason and logic falls call names right?

From what I have seen the battery is replaceable there for you should able to get a better one from a 3rd party. Unless the docking station uses some kind of induction charging that will make it useless.

Nintendo releases revisions on average every 2 years. DS '04 DS Lite '06 DSi '09 and DSi '10. You could make the argument that the XL was a way to expand the market to an older crowd.

I'll probably buy one of these eventually, but my regular DS has been sitting in a drawer unused for months. Thus, I'll likely wait for at least one price drop on the 3DS.

By that point some new games I actually care about will have been released (and might be on sale for less than MSRP).

[quote name='Salamando3000']In the Innovation vs Gimmick debate, I always prefer to look at it on a by implementation basis. If the game simply could not exist (or at least suffer greatly) without the technology = innovation. If the technology was shoehorned into the game and the game would be able to work just fine without it = gimmick.

For example, Wii Sports = innovation. Without motion controls, no one would care about it. With it, people were having a lot of fun. Mario Galaxy's implementation of Motion Controls = gimmick. If Spin were mapped to an extra button instead of Waggle, the game probably would've been better for it.

When it comes to the 3D stuff, I'll look at it the same way...the implementation of a 3D screen will be new, but not quite innovative. It'll be up to the developer's to do the innovation and come up with ways to use it such that we couldn't imagine their game without it. If no one can, only then will it be a true gimmick.[/QUOTE]

That's a fair way to look at it. But what exactly will be the innovation in 3D other than "woah, these graphics are awesome" moment?

I forgot what game it was but there was a game where you had to almost close the ds to get the top screen to reflect on the bottom screen (ace attorney maybe?) to get the answer and I thought "nice". So the same with during Alan Wake when the lighting effects were kick ass in chapter 2. It doesn't always have to be "do something new". It could simply be "see something new."

I don't expect gameplay to be much different on the 3ds than the ds (GBA to DS). But 3d effects without graphics? That's fucking stellar.

In for a black one for now. That $250 price point reminds me of 2005 when I got my launch PSP.

[quote name='confoosious']That's a fair way to look at it. But what exactly will be the innovation in 3D other than "woah, these graphics are awesome" moment?[/QUOTE]

Imagine a 3D AR Pokemon game for the 3DS.

It forces you to go outside.

It detects objects in a 3D space in real time.

It places objects and monsters behind those objects.

[quote name='zenintrude']Imagine a 3D AR Pokemon game for the 3DS.

It forces you to go outside.

It detects objects in a 3D space in real time.

It places objects and monsters behind those objects.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for half a dozen.

Just ordered a black. Might cancel depending on the launch lineup. Since I can currently play my DS games on my DS, or DSlite, or DSi. . .

While I like my DS a lot, I don't like it that much. I did the same thing really back with the PSP when it first came out. There was no way in heck I was going to pay 250 for a portable, so I waited a few years for the price to dip. By the time I got it, most of the games were discounted to where it really didn't bother me that much for the wait. There is always something else to play out there, some other deal just waiting to be found...

[quote name='Kfoster1979']What the fuck! So by your definition the SNES was not a generational change nor was the ps2 or 3? Worst argument I have ever heard. I mean come one this might not be the product for you but that's just plan silly. This is the scuccesser to the DS much like te GBA from the Gameboy.

Also drop the fanboy shit; just because I am going to buy a 3DS that makes me a fanboy? When all other reason and logic falls call names right?

From what I have seen the battery is replaceable there for you should able to get a better one from a 3rd party. Unless the docking station uses some kind of induction charging that will make it useless.

Nintendo releases revisions on average every 2 years. DS '04 DS Lite '06 DSi '09 and DSi '10. You could make the argument that the XL was a way to expand the market to an older crowd.[/QUOTE]

No, I never said any of that; you're putting words in my mouth. The SNES, PS2, and PS3 WERE all massive upgrades from previous consoles. I own all of them still, plus many other older consoles. But newer Nintendo stuff has really just been sold by gimmicks; as pointed out by others here, the amount of shovelware release on both the Wii and DS is staggering. Walk into any BB or GS and you'll see WALLS of useless shovelware games, with maybe a few decent ones mixed in. Game manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon when they saw that a huge base of casual gamers and children's parents were buying the consoles, and they pumped out tons of garbage, most of it worthless.

I really can't wait until people start buying these when they come out, and start realizing that in 3D mode, they get headaches and feel sick after a short time playing. Doesn't bode well for the system when you hear early reports to that effect, before the handheld has even released. :cry:

[quote name='chimpmeister']SNES, PS2, and PS3 WERE all massive upgrades from previous consoles[/QUOTE]

Explain how these were massive upgrades.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, I never said any of that; you're putting words in my mouth. The SNES, PS2, and PS3 WERE all massive upgrades from previous consoles. I own all of them still, plus many other older consoles. But newer Nintendo stuff has really just been sold by gimmicks; as pointed out by others here, the amount of shovelware release on both the Wii and DS is staggering. Walk into any BB or GS and you'll see WALLS of useless shovelware games, with maybe a few decent ones mixed in. Game manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon when they saw that a huge base of casual gamers and children's parents were buying the consoles, and they pumped out tons of garbage, most of it worthless.

I really can't wait until people start buying these when they come out, and start realizing that in 3D mode, they get headaches and feel sick after a short time playing. Doesn't bode well for the system when you hear early reports to that effect, before the handheld has even released. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% you have the main sequels to their franchise then it literally becomes the console/handheld that supports the most shovelware.

Its funny looking at craigslist ads selling DS an Wii games everyone keeps their mario and zelda and its flooded with shovelware.

Now that i see ill be saving myself $300 after tax and one game i might upgrade my video card and get back into real hardcore gaming.

Your argument is awful.

How is "new nintendo stuff" just been sold by gimmicks? No, good new tech sold the wii and ds. The massive success of those two is what brought on shovelware.

If you don't like the casual games, don't buy them. No need to cry about them like a little girl who's nintendog died.

I just finished 999 on the DS and it was fucking fantastic. If all you're seeing is shovelware, then you're not looking hard enough. Are there tons of shovelware titles out there? Sure. But you know what I do? I ignore them. I don't get all angry cause they exist and let that keep me from playing stellar ds and wii titles.

By your logic, all the shovelware for pc games means computers are gimmicks too.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I've heard that argument about it being a "100% successor", but funny how it still has dual screens and will play DS games.[/QUOTE]

And the PS3 still connects to a TV and will play PS1 games. Your point?

[quote name='zenintrude']Explain how these were massive upgrades.[/QUOTE]

Massive upgrades from previous models in terms of graphics, sound, and controls, making the games on them far more immersive and enjoyable than the previous consoles, in every case.

[quote name='confoosious']Your argument is awful.

How is "new nintendo stuff" just been sold by gimmicks? No, good new tech sold the wii and ds. The massive success of those two is what brought on shovelware.

If you don't like the casual games, don't buy them. No need to cry about them like a little girl who's nintendog died.

I just finished 999 on the DS and it was fucking fantastic. If all you're seeing is shovelware, then you're not looking hard enough. Are there tons of shovelware titles out there? Sure. But you know what I do? I ignore them. I don't get all angry cause they exist and let that keep me from playing stellar ds and wii titles.

By your logic, all the shovelware for pc games means computers are gimmicks too.[/QUOTE]

Wii is a success by its sales almost any owner of more then one of the next gen consoles goes with his PS3 or xbox over Wii. Wii wins because its family friendly and gets every 5-10 year old. Everyone knows that to.

[quote name='needler420']Its funny looking at craigslist ads selling DS an Wii games everyone keeps their mario and zelda and its flooded with shovelware.

Now that i see ill be saving myself $300 after tax and one game i might upgrade my video card and get back into real hardcore gaming. [/QUOTE]

No one is forcing anyone to buy the "shovelware"... what the fuck is your point? The fact that it exists validates the argument against the system?

THE fuckING PC HAS LIGHTYEARS MORE "SHOVELWARE" THAN THE WII, SO SADDLE UP AND ENJOY!

[quote name='confoosious']That's a fair way to look at it. But what exactly will be the innovation in 3D other than "woah, these graphics are awesome" moment?

I forgot what game it was but there was a game where you had to almost close the ds to get the top screen to reflect on the bottom screen (ace attorney maybe?) to get the answer and I thought "nice". So the same with during Alan Wake when the lighting effects were kick ass in chapter 2. It doesn't always have to be "do something new". It could simply be "see something new."

I don't expect gameplay to be much different on the 3ds than the ds (GBA to DS). But 3d effects without graphics? That's fucking stellar.[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of Hotel Dusk. But you're right, it is possible for people to take something old and come up with innovative ways to use it, such as in the simple act of closing the DS to solve a puzzle. Hence why I put the burden of innovation on the developers.

The problem that I see with 3D is that I have doubts that anyone will be able to innovate with it, making it more trouble than its worth.

[quote name='zenintrude']It detects objects in a 3D space in real time.

It places objects and monsters behind those objects.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the 3DS would need an infrared scanner to be able to detect objects in 3D space...or at least two cameras significantly far apart from each other. Two normal cameras (what I believe it has) would only be capable of generating two static images, requiring a bunch of boundary-scanning software to even begin to create a 3D space...but, even if it did work, that's more of an argument for being able to record 3D stuff, not necessarily display it.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Massive upgrades from previous models in terms of graphics, sound, and controls, making the games on them far more immersive and enjoyable than the previous consoles, in every case.[/QUOTE]

Good god you are a moron...

snes-controlpad.jpg

psx04.jpg

ps2_sony_controller.jpg

41p4UxWbF1L.jpg

INNOVATION AT WORK!!!!

also... THE FUTURE!!!

ps3-mods-concept-art-18.jpg

[quote name='needler420']Wii is a success by its sales almost any owner of more then one of the next gen consoles goes with his PS3 or xbox over Wii. Wii wins because its family friendly and gets every 5-10 year old. Everyone knows that to.[/QUOTE]

Umm no. I see you are one of those "HD GRAFIX MAKES ME A MAN!" pricks. GTFO

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Umm no. I see you are one of those "HD GRAFIX MAKES ME A MAN!" pricks. GTFO[/QUOTE]

No I'm one of those i sit on my skinny ass to play games not wave a remote in front of my TV.:applause:

[quote name='confoosious']So?

Even if you had data to back that up, it just means people who do own both (or three) prefer one or the other.

That makes the wii not a good system?

For the record, I do play my xbox more than the wii, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the wii and the good games for it.

Being angry that there's shovelware for the wii is like saying mp3 players aren't innovation and suck cause there's bad music out there.[/QUOTE]

I'm not angry at the shovelware lol just pointing it out. Just as you said you play xbox more then Wii just like i do expect with PS3. Really though in over a year i had my Wii it hasn't even seen 10 hours lol not kidding either. Just for the mod scene.

[quote name='needler420']Wii is a success by its sales almost any owner of more then one of the next gen consoles goes with his PS3 or xbox over Wii.[/QUOTE]

So?

Even if you had data to back that up, it just means people who do own both (or three) prefer one or the other.

That makes the wii not a good system?

For the record, I do play my xbox more than the wii, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the wii and the good games for it.

Being angry that there's shovelware for the wii is like saying mp3 players aren't innovation and suck cause there's bad music out there.

If all you're doing is waving a remote, you're doing it wrong.

Why do ds and wii threads always bring out the super haters. Jesus, go find something else to hate on. Shirley, there's an indie band that sold too many records last month?

[quote name='zenintrude']No one is forcing anyone to buy the "shovelware"... what the fuck is your point? The fact that it exists validates the argument against the system?

THE fuckING PC HAS LIGHTYEARS MORE "SHOVELWARE" THAN THE WII, SO SADDLE UP AND ENJOY![/QUOTE]

His point is about the ratio of "good" games to "shovelware" on both systems. If 95% of the games released are shovelware, and 5% are good games, and even much of that 5% is just rehashed Nintendo licenses, thats pretty sad. I still own my NES, SNES, N64, and GBA-SP, all of which were great systems. I passed on every system from the Gamecube forward, because they all fell way short and weren't worth it, in my opinion.

Ahhh shovelware argument... You know why it's there it fucking makes someone money. Hell I don't want carnival games etc. but someone buys it. Simple supply and demand; tons of Wii's and DS' out there and people who are will to pay half the cost of a AAA title. FYI the PS2 and XBOX both could do HD and 5.1 in 2003. And blu ray was just a gimmick check box for the ps3 at the time. So yes per the definition you put out there there the ps2 to ps3 was more of a revision vs a generation change.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I passed on every system from the Gamecube forward, because they all fell way short and weren't worth it, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

You missed out on some sweet games... shame.

[quote name='confoosious'] Shirley, there's an indie band that sold too many records last month?[/QUOTE]

Surely there is... and don't call me Shirley.

[quote name='chimpmeister']His point is about the ratio of "good" games to "shovelware" on both systems. If 95% of the games released are shovelware, and 5% are good games, and even much of that 5% is just rehashed Nintendo licenses, thats pretty sad. I still own my NES, SNES, N64, and GBA-SP, all of which were great systems. I passed on every system from the Gamecube forward, because they all fell way short and weren't worth it, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

SO. WHAT.

Are you a moron soccer mom who buys whatever is in the target aisle?

If not, then who cares. Find those 5% and.... PLAY THEM. Stop bitching about the 95% you won't buy, don't care about, and will never play.

If you see a little girl playing Crafting Mama, do you run over and slap it out of her hand and stomp on it?

[quote name='zenintrude']You missed out on some sweet games... shame.

Surely there is... and don't call me Shirley.[/QUOTE]

I have a modded Wii with 250+ games and haven't played one more then a few hours. I think what i played the most was super smash bros the wii one.
He's probably missing more if he's not playing on xbox,ps3,pc. In fact some would goes as far as to say he's saving money.

Id sooner recommend a DS over Wii.

bread's done
Back