Nintendo 3DS $99 with trade-in (DSL, DSi, DSi XL) and PUR Coupon (8/12 - 8/14)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not too bad for a DS Lite or DSi trade-in. Given all threads on the 3DS price drop, I thought this needed its own thread.

EDIT:

If you're not a PUR member or don't have a coupon, the trade-in offers are tiered:
DSi XL: $99
DSi : $109
DSL: $119

this amounts to about + $10 trade-in

$99 for a 3DS?
It Must Be a PowerUp Rewards Pro™ Exclusive!

It's a mobile gamers dream! For a limited time, PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members can get a brand new 3DS for only $99* when you trade in your old DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL between Friday, August 12, and Sunday, August 14.

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.
Even if you don't own a DS system to trade, you can still take advantage of an awesome price drop! Upgrade the way you game to start playing in glorious 3D without 3D glasses. Get your 3DS for the low price of only $169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grouchone']Never posted before so bear with me....

i just called my local gamestop to get more details from them. According to the paperwork that they read to me, there are different trade in tiers for the ds units.

the dsi xl will give you the $99. price
a regular dsi will bring the cost to $109
the ds lite will be $119
and they will take the phat ds to bring the price to $129.

also... they will not do a return / rebuy unless you can show that the unit was never opened / registered.

hope that helps... it sure changed some of my excitement.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing in the email that states any tiered type of offer (as stated many times in this thread). It's not even in the small print. Just to reiterate someone else's point, there is a tiered system of sorts to those that don't have the coupon.

Has anyone heard if the DS phat would work for this? Wasn't listed in the e-mail, but it was mentioned in some of the tiered prices. I've had one of those hanging around for a while that I wouldn't mind getting rid of if I could get the deal to work with it.

so... I hear you have to have a PUR membership BEFORE 8/8/11 AND have a coupon to qualify for this promotion?

[quote name='XClaude']so... I hear you have to have a PUR membership BEFORE 8/8/11 AND have a coupon to qualify for this promotion?[/QUOTE]

mine expired today. wonder if I will still get the coupon then. probably won't be that lucky.

[quote name='bobbyblane']Has anyone heard if the DS phat would work for this? Wasn't listed in the e-mail, but it was mentioned in some of the tiered prices. I've had one of those hanging around for a while that I wouldn't mind getting rid of if I could get the deal to work with it.[/QUOTE]

haha I have 2 DS PHAts laying around...I wouldn;t mind getting rid of one for a cheaper 3DS

[quote name='xdl']I would just like to direct you all to this link:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

Perhaps the Poweruprewards coupon (if there is one) will give us 99.99 for all units, but the trade in program is listed until 9/11/11.[/QUOTE]

This hot deal requires a coupon, but we've got you covered! Look for the coupon Friday, August 12* in the Active Offers section of your PowerUp Rewards account. Simply log in, print your Pro members-only coupon, and get to your nearest GameStop store to take advantage of this offer.

I would say from the email that paying PUR members will have a coupon in the Active Offers section of the PUR account. It looks like PUR members will get the flat $99 promo and non-PUR members will get the tiered offer.

I'm considering this since my spare DS Lite doesn't have a box or manual; I don't see me getting more than $50 for it shipped on eBay, even with some games.

At the same time, I'm not sure I want to get a 3DS right now without any games. I'm really holding out for a bundle in the future (preferably with the new red DS). I think I'd rather have a decent game with the system than get $70 off, as stupid as that sounds.

My question to both this deal and the Target one is, do we have to use the coupon for the 3DS the same day we trade the DS Lite in?

If possible, I'd like to just get the coupon, then use it once the Flare Red is released stateside.

I think I would rather just keep my DS lite. Doesn't seem to be much to jump up and down about when it comes to the 3DS. Lack of 3D games, people getting headaches from the 3D, poor battery life, poor resolution on the camera. I'll pass.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I'm considering this since my spare DS Lite doesn't have a box or manual; I don't see me getting more than $50 for it shipped on eBay, even with some games.

At the same time, I'm not sure I want to get a 3DS right now without any games. I'm really holding out for a bundle in the future (preferably with the new red DS). I think I'd rather have a decent game with the system than get $70 off, as stupid as that sounds.[/QUOTE]

Sounds smart. Maybe they will run another promo like this later on...

Get a 3DS for as low as $99 when you trade your old DS!

• Trade a DSi XL, get a new 3DS for $99.99
  • Trade a DSi, get a new 3DS for $109.99
  • Trade DS Lite get a new 3DS for $119.99
  • Trade original DS get a new 3DS for $129.99
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.

[quote name='coolrust']Get a 3DS for as low as $99 when you trade your old DS!

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.[/QUOTE]

You haven't read any of this have you...
this is the normal deal for EVERYONE
there is a COUPON deal for PUR members
Stop spreading FUD

[quote name='coolrust']Get a 3DS for as low as $99 when you trade your old DS!

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.[/QUOTE]

That's for non-members. PUR Pro members can trade in any for $99 from the sounds of it.

Do we just take a copy of the email we received Thursday afternoon or will there be something that pops up in our PUR account that we need to take in?

EDIT

Nevermind. I just looked in my PUR account active offers and it is there. Even though my Pro status has expired I received it.

I don't know if this is crazy and obviously a bit too late for some people but, if you bought a 3DS from GS and kept the box couldn't you return it, trade in your old DSL/I/XL with the coupon, and rebuy the same 3DS you just returned to get the deal. You would have had to purchase the 3DS within the last 30 days. This could be depending on the manager or probably a thousand different variables, but it's an idea.

i'm so angry! i have a good amount of credit by flipping and an old DS Lite, and i don't have it in my active offers

if someone would be kind enough to give me a coupon code :(

[quote name='akuma77'] i don't have it in my active offers
:( [/QUOTE]

When did you get your card? The sale is going on from 8/12-8/14 they may rolling them out slowly instead of just sending to everyone at once *shrug*. Anyway good luck and I hope you get yours.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']When did you get your card? The sale is going on from 8/12-8/14 they may rolling them out slowly instead of just sending to everyone at once *shrug*. Anyway good luck and I hope you get yours.[/QUOTE]

i got my card last month to take advantage of 50% trade-in and stack with 10%.

thanks for the luck and i hope to soo >.>

anyone kind enough to donate please do ^_^

Hell, target looks to be the better deal if your PUR membership is expired or you don't even have one.

$75 trade in value on DSi.
Free game with your purchase.

Ok heres the rundown to clarify for everyone who is confused with GameStops cryptic deceptive deals.

For anyone NOT a PUR Member, you can take advantage of this "deal":

Get a 3DS for as low as $99 when you trade your old DS!
Full trade value must be applied toward the purchase of new 3DS. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Offer valid 8/12/11 - 9/11/11

Now, For Anyone who IS a member of PUR, you get the same deal EXCEPT you can trade in any of the systems, DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL and get the 3DS for $99. The difference here is you must be a member of PUR and login to your account and print out the PDF coupon. It does not cost anything (at least mine didnt) and it EXPIRES on 8/14/11 which basically they give you 3 days to use this exclusive coupon. Just login to your account, print it out and bring to GameStop. Obviously the best bang for your buck is to find a cheap DS Lite and trade that in so you reap the most savings. Hope this clears everything up!

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']I don't know if this is crazy and obviously a bit too late for some people but, if you bought a 3DS from GS and kept the box couldn't you return it, trade in your old DSL/I/XL with the coupon, and rebuy the same 3DS you just returned to get the deal. You would have had to purchase the 3DS within the last 30 days. This could be depending on the manager or probably a thousand different variables, but it's an idea.[/QUOTE]

I asked a manager about that last night, because I was going to use that idea to get the free games & still take advantage of the deal. He said they wouldn't be able to do it because Nintendo isn't reimbursing them for the difference in price.

What components came with the DS Lite? I'm thinking of trading mine in but I've had it so long I don't remember if it came with anything that I would need to qualify for the trade-in. All I have for it is a stylus and a wall charger, I think.

[quote name='illennium']What components came with the DS Lite? I'm thinking of trading mine in but I've had it so long I don't remember if it came with anything that I would need to qualify for the trade-in. All I have for it is a stylus and a wall charger, I think.[/QUOTE]

that should be enough

If anyone has a code they are not going to use I would appreciate it if I could use it. Wanting to get one for my son so he can play OOT in 3D and enjoy that game like I did back in the day.

Thanks

I have a DSL so the Gamestop deal looks the best. Anyone not using a code please let me know. :3ds: Still don't know why I want this thing, but a deal is a deal. Anyone wanna help?

[quote name='akuma77']i got my card last month to take advantage of 50% trade-in and stack with 10%.

thanks for the luck and i hope to soo >.>

anyone kind enough to donate please do ^_^[/QUOTE]

I only signed up a couple weeks ago, also for the 50% trade in. Did someone actually confirm that August X was the cutoff date to receive this coupon?

Woo hoo! Gots me a code. I have an extra DS Lite that I got for cheap and trading that in with $100 smackers for the new system is not too bad. Only thing holding me back is that I know Nintendo will release a better version of the system and I'm still backlogged in DS games. What to do? What to do?

[quote name='dansoccerball']I have a code and no use for one pm me and maybe we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

these aren't linked to your account are they? Also does it state one per household or anything like that?

bread's done
Back