Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

[quote name='007']If true, I'm quite pleased with that list.

Super Mario Advance 3 is a weird choice, though. Not necessarily a bad one, mind you, but strange. I could see avoiding the first and fourth because they'll inevitably be released as NES Classics, but I would've thought the Super Mario World one would've been a lock.[/QUOTE]

well the GBA version of Mario 3 does have new levels, but you need the e-reader so no idea what they will do here

I own or have played most of them, but even my old GBA copies feel dated since they don't do sleep mode, even in a DS. For free, I'll be happy to download them and play through a few.

I'm mostly pleased with that list. The only one I really object to is WarioWare. Can't stand those games. Looking forward to everything else, though.

The best Wario Ware was the Gamecube one. 4 player simultaneously. A long while back I introduced it to a group of people at a party once (don't remember why I had the disc on me, probably was in my car) and it was hilarious watching people how people react to playing it for the first time.

I wish I didn't hunt down Fusion on eBay last year. I was also looking for Minish Cap and was sent a boot leg that I never received a refund for. This makes up for it. Also my first Fire Emblem, the Crotch is rolling over in his grave.

That's a nice list of games (even though most of us can play those games whenever we want anyway). Zero Mission is way better than Fusion though. Yoshi's Island is an awesome choice over Super Mario World - way better game, IMO (although I don't see why both couldn't be included).

That's a great list of GBA games to give away, especially WarioWare being the best game on the GBA. I think this will be the third time that I own F-Zero MV, as I have two copies for dumb reasons.

The only thing I am disappointed about is that there is not Pokemon Emerald like some had speculated but I would have a hard time choosing one game to exchange it for. Friday cannot come soon enough!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you play the first one? It was the best IMO.[/QUOTE]
I've played a little bit of all of them. I even own Snapped and DIY Showcase, both of which I hate, but thankfully they were free. It's just really not my kind of game; I don't like the ADD feel to it. I do think Twisted added some cool elements, however, and some of the boss levels are actually pretty neat.

Very nice list. Minish Cap is awesome, can't go wrong with Yoshi's Island, and I actually enjoyed Fusion more than Zero Mission. Fusion is the only Metroid game I've gotten 100 percent completion. Looks like I'll have to use the free wifi during lunch tomorrow! Unless they are available today...

I'm so excited about this list of games. To be honest, I had almost forget we would get these this month, and for them to come out tomorrow, amazing!

[quote name='mykevermin']Have they been confirmed for US release tomorrow? I don't recall seeing that.[/QUOTE]
Not yet. Only confirmed in EU and JP regions.

[quote name='cochesecochese']No way. Twisted was the best, far and away.

D.I.Y. was pretty damn amazing too, considering what you could do with it.[/QUOTE]

Twisted was/is great, I still love the looks I would get from other people twisting and turning my GBA all over the place.

These are the games that you won't be able to buy, right? I think that's so dumb. Give the games to ambassadors for free, sure, but not offer them at any price to others? I don't really get that. I'm sure you won't sympathize, LOL.

[quote name='crunchewy']These are the games that you won't be able to buy, right? I think that's so dumb. Give the games to ambassadors for free, sure, but not offer them at any price to others? I don't really get that. I'm sure you won't sympathize, LOL.[/QUOTE]

There's not been an official statement on this, but:

[quote name='mykevermin']games of this caliber not being sold for a price? no chance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']games of this caliber not being sold for a price? no chance.[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree. There may be a period that the games are only available for ambassador status people but there is no way Nintendo won't make these available for purchase at some point down the road. There's too much money for them to make off these!

I'm surprised NoA hasn't said anything about this yet. At this point I guess they won't announce anything until it's available, which is hopefully soon.

Nintendo has this bad habit of not releasing stuff that I want to buy for so long that when it finally comes out I no longer have interest in it.

Examples:

Wii virtual console, if many of the titles released 2+ years after launch had been available within the first year of the Wii's life I would have bought them $$$all$$$, but the incredibly slow trickle of games I was interested made me stop caring. I lost my nostalgia bug and completely stopped buying them.

Mario Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword - both probably great games (especially Galaxy 2) but I got sick of waiting for a decent release and sold my Wii... haven't really felt the need to go buy one again, especially since my wall mounted TV on has an HDMI cable free without me taking the TV down again.

Motion Plus compatible games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']These are the games that you won't be able to buy, right? I think that's so dumb. Give the games to ambassadors for free, sure, but not offer them at any price to others? I don't really get that. I'm sure you won't sympathize, LOL.[/QUOTE]

It's called incentives. Love how you have people bitching from all different angles on this topic. Some bitch that Nintendo is giving away crappy old games we all probably own on Cartridge. Others bitch the free games didn't justify the "Full MSRP" at the time. NowYOU(crunchewy) chime in on how unfair it is to offer them to me and others who partook of the promo. For one thing this is CAG, which means most of us who wanted a 3DS and capitalize on the Ambassador Program got the system for $170. If you want to play these free games so bad please go play your old Nintendo handhelds and step away from the forums. Nintendo is giving back to it's supporters and the program makes perfect sense. It's called INCENTIVES!

[quote name='neudog']It's called incentives. Love how you have people bitching from all different angles on this topic. Some bitch that Nintendo is giving away crappy old games we all probably own on Cartridge. Others bitch the free games didn't justify the "Full MSRP" at the time. NowYOU(crunchewy) chime in on how unfair it is to offer them to me and others who partook of the promo. For one thing this is CAG, which means most of us who wanted a 3DS and capitalize on the Ambassador Program got the system for $170. If you want to play these free games so bad please go play your old Nintendo handhelds and step away from the forums. Nintendo is giving back to it's supporters and the program makes perfect sense. It's called INCENTIVES![/QUOTE]
I don't particularly care about the debate at hand, but doesn't an incentive, by definition have to be offered before someone takes action? Ambassador games were offered to those that purchased the system for full price before the extreme price cut hit not long after. They'd be closer to reparations.

[quote name='neudog']It's called incentives. Love how you have people bitching from all different angles on this topic. Some bitch that Nintendo is giving away crappy old games we all probably own on Cartridge. Others bitch the free games didn't justify the "Full MSRP" at the time. NowYOU(crunchewy) chime in on how unfair it is to offer them to me and others who partook of the promo. For one thing this is CAG, which means most of us who wanted a 3DS and capitalize on the Ambassador Program got the system for $170. If you want to play these free games so bad please go play your old Nintendo handhelds and step away from the forums. Nintendo is giving back to it's supporters and the program makes perfect sense. It's called INCENTIVES![/QUOTE]

I'm not part of the ambassador program, and I'm not pissed that these exclusives aren't available. It sucks, for sure, but it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to make them available on their 3DS shop and not make them available for purchase. My guess is that they'll eventually open it up. I totally understand where Crunchewy is coming from. What I don't get, is why his post riled you up. :whistle2:s

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little disappointed on the DSiWare front. I think I have the ability to acquire perhaps one more game before the internal blocks will be exhausted.

Every Thursday.

I would be surprised if Nintendo doesn't eventually get GBA games on eShop, though when is the big question. They need to speed up the process of getting classic portable games onto the eShop since things seem to trickle out so slowly for a service that has such a limited range of products to purchase.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I don't particularly care about the debate at hand, but doesn't an incentive, by definition have to be offered before someone takes action? Ambassador games were offered to those that purchased the system for full price before the extreme price cut hit not long after. They'd be closer to reparations.[/QUOTE]

You contradicted yourself with trying to give definition of INCENTIVE. Ambassador was an incentive to buy prior to price drop. Meriam-Webster:

Definition of INCENTIVE

: something that incites or has a tendency to incite to determination or action

incentive adjective
Examples of INCENTIVE

1. The company is offering a special low price as an added incentive for new customers
Nintendo had 2 Incentives: free games for early adopters or wait and get discounted price; unless you're a true CAG and capitalized on both. Depending on when you wanted to "TAKE ACTION" you got games or cheaper price. Nintendo did not owe consumers/gamers anything, so this is not reparations. Companies are in the biz for money. Nintendo could have went about it in the normal business way and said, "Sucks to be you early adopters", but they didn't. They gave people who bought system early something FREE. No matter how you spin it with games don't equal price cut or any other moronic reasoning, the games were FREE because they did not have to be offered at all.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm not part of the ambassador program, and I'm not pissed that these exclusives aren't available. It sucks, for sure, but it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to make them available on their 3DS shop and not make them available for purchase. My guess is that they'll eventually open it up. I totally understand where Crunchewy is coming from. What I don't get, is why his post riled you up. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

crunchewy was just a trigger that made me comment on continued readings on the subject matter. I don't understand when people whine, bitch, or find things unfair with situations such as Ambassador Program. Everyone has the right to share their opinions, but from from a business standpoint the Ambassador Program is a luxury. It is a way for Nintendo, from a PR perspective, to say thanks to early adopters who otherwise would have been out $80 bucks with nothing to show. Usually early adopters get the shaft. They buy their console and all they get is a controller and cords. A few months go by and those who waited get games, accesories, etc. Nintendo to me did a good thing, regardless if they are games most of us have. Nintendo makes a good gesture and people can't see it was a gesture that did not have to be made. As for the GBA games being exclusive, I would think from a PR perspective as well they would have to be, but it is a business as I've stated already. From a PR perspective it would be a bad move IMHO to make these available due to them being pitched as "Ambassador Program Exclusives". Also I'm not a Nintendo fanboy. I credit Nintendo (NES) for my love of gaming, but anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a gaming fan with my fanboyism leaning towards 360.

[quote name='mykevermin']ah, shaddup.[/QUOTE]

My bad. Is this a website where we're not allow to share our individual opinions....oh wait it is an "Open Forum". So won't be SHADDUPING anytime soon "Queen".

You completely misinterpreted his post. Crunchy said "Give the games to ambassadors for free, sure" - he's completely ok with you guys getting it, he just wants an opportunity to give nintendo money for something. And since the big n never said (to my knowledge) the games that the ambassadors got would never be available to anyone else, it's hard to make the case that their exclusivity is any part of the incentive.

Also, you tell him to get off the forum then get mad at someone else for telling you to shut up a few posts later. :whistle2:#

Dear me... such consternation.

Anyways, as KB said the games are live, but Download Later appears to be swamped*, but Download Now is working without issue.

*I know that Download Later requires you to close the 3DS and I did, but after 20 min I was stilla t 0%

I'm with Myke (see that, Myke? Aren't you glad I didn't say Kevermin?)

NOA never did an official announcement, right? Seems they're really giving up on the US, once again we've had to rely on Japan and Europe for our info and games ;)

Yep, I want to give Nintendo money. Or, rather, my kids will want to. Of course if they made them a timed exclusive as well (in addition to ambassadors getting them free) - heck, sell them 1 year later - that would be fine too, but last I heard they will not be made available at all for purchase. Anyway, I suppose there's no point in arguing about it here. It's not like Nintendo reads CAG forums. LOL. :)

[quote name='johnnypark']I'm with Myke (see that, Myke? Aren't you glad I didn't say Kevermin?)

NOA never did an official announcement, right? Seems they're really giving up on the US, once again we've had to rely on Japan and Europe for our info and games ;)[/QUOTE]

NOA just has a major shortage of marketing hands on deck. Interestingly enough, all of Nintendo's Online Servers are in the US.

I assume there wasnt any debate on this, but just in case, the GBA games do not sleep or suspend. They appear to be basically running natively.

[quote name='foltzie']I dont recall being this bad at Mario Kart Super Circuit.[/QUOTE]

Me neither but I think It's because the GBA D-Pad was quite different. I still think this is one of the best incarnations of Mario Kart, behind Mario kart 64 and probably tied with Mario Kart DS.

Nice...darn it, I almost feel like buying a second Wifi access point, just to handle my 3DS so I can turn it on unencrypted for the time it takes to download, then just unplug it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nice...darn it, I almost feel like buying a second Wifi access point, just to handle my 3DS so I can turn it on unencrypted for the time it takes to download, then just unplug it.[/QUOTE]

Buy an USB adaptor that creates a network through your computer for your Wii/DS.

bread's done
Back