Nintendo 3DS - General Discussion Thread

When it comes to pre-installed games, I know they say you can re-download them on that console, but is there a way to tie the pre-installed games to your Nintendo Network id so you could download the games on another console?

I am purchasing the Pokemon Red/Blue console for the collection but I would like to still continue to use my Monster Hunter console due to the bigger screen. I was curious if I could setup the Pokemon one to where my NNID is attached, and then download Red/Blue on my Monster Hunter console, or if Red/blue is only re-downloadable on the Pokemon console specifically
You'd have to do 2 system transfers.

First from your N3DSXL to your N3DS. The first transfer should be a merge transfer. So it will merge all the purchases. Meaning all the games on your N3DSXL and N3DS will combine into your NNID in your N3DS.
Side note... Any games you've previously download are in your memory card, but no need to swap them out since you'll be transferring your NNID back.

Then you'd have to transfer your N3DS back to your N3DSXL. Finally you'll just have to go into the eShop and download Red and Blue onto your N3DSXL.

Annoying... But that's the only way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys.
This is Nintendo's answer: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14143/p/430/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUzNTU3MzE5L3NpZC83clJpN2ZIbQ%3D%3D I haven't thought about what to do when I get the new 3DS system.

I've been spoiled by homepass that I can't recall a time when my Fire Emblem Awakening slots were at max capacity.
don't really understand the FE slot comment, but all streetpass info is stored on the sd card. This should also streetpass data from actual retail games.

I have done several system transfers (moved FE and M&L onto my original 3DS from the le editions).

I don't recall if I went back to Original before doing another set as I did all of this within a month.

I did a transfer from Original -> FE putting the Original's sd card into FE when done. FE's sd card was set aside.

FYI these were the original 3ds and 3ds xl. I have yet to transfer to any of the
New 3DS/XL" models yet. I still need to find the AC XL to do another set of transfers.

I had a LoZ ALBW 3DS XL and got a FE N3DS XL. The top screen on my ALBW 3DS XL broke and it won't turn on so I am wondering what the best way to transfer my stuff to the N3D XL is. Can I just move everything to a micro SD card and download all of my games from the sore? I have ambassador games on the 3DS XL  but I don't think I can download those from the store. Any suggestions? 

I had a LoZ ALBW 3DS XL and got a FE N3DS XL. The top screen on my ALBW 3DS XL broke and it won't turn on so I am wondering what the best way to transfer my stuff to the N3D XL is. Can I just move everything to a micro SD card and download all of my games from the sore? I have ambassador games on the 3DS XL but I don't think I can download those from the store. Any suggestions?
Contact nintendo. I know in the past if you had both serial numbers they could manually transfer the rights from one system to the other one over the phone.

I know that none of you will care, but I never got to play the original Pokemon games, not having a Gameboy back in those days, and so the VC Pokemon Yellow is my first chance to play through Gen 1, and I am super excited cause I just caught Mew using a Mew glitch that they left in. Also named myself Butts so I could get a screen shot of the "Butts! Gramps! Smell you later!" I'm so glad that they did this.

Called Nintendo and transferred my system license but the street pass data didn't transfer over... I'm going to have to get my 3DS XL repaired. I have a lot of street pass data that I don't want to liose

I know that none of you will care, but I never got to play the original Pokemon games, not having a Gameboy back in those days, and so the VC Pokemon Yellow is my first chance to play through Gen 1, and I am super excited cause I just caught Mew using a Mew glitch that they left in. Also named myself Butts so I could get a screen shot of the "Butts! Gramps! Smell you later!" I'm so glad that they did this.
Gen 1 was my most played version. I likely would've passed on the VC release if they had taken out Mew/Missingno/item glitches, etc. I'm glad they kept that stuff around.

Quick question my son's 3ds xl touch screen wasnt working so checking the internet for fixes I ended up fixing it buy running a toothbrush around the edges and also cleaning the screen. It seems to be working pretty well now but do i need to worry about it quitting for good pretty soon?

Well this has turned into a huge cluster fuck. Bought a FE New 3DS XL, 3DS XL was broken so I couldn't do a system transfer. Nintendo rep told me I could let them know my new system SN and associate the new system and then just transfer everything to a microSD card. Forgot to mention that StreetPass data doesn't transfer via SD card... Got my 3DS XL fixed and called Nintendo to associate my 3DS XL with my NNID again because they told me I could then do a system transfer and get all my data. Finally received an email from Nintendo saying my 3DS XL was associated with my 3DS XL but now it still says I am not able to use the NNID with that system. I am pretty sure it wants me to format the system and log-in again. I am 90% sure all of my StreetPass data is lost. All of it. Bought my 3DS when the Ambassador program was announced and it's all gone and if that's the case I don't think I even want to bother with it anymore.

Really weird glitch happened. I just got to the Elf Tailor in Bravely Default and suddenly the 3DS started to glitch at the menu screen. I shut off the game and then the screen started glitching like nuts, crashing the top screen and making it dim. I tried to shut down the system but the top screen remained in its glitchy glory. I reset the system three times with the same problem. Only at the fourth reboot everything went back to normal. I tried to take a picture of it during the third reboot, but the stupid flash was on. Anybody experience this?

I know there is an option about screen dimming automatically based on light in the background.  The top screen will flicker or go dark.  I think the setting is auto-brightness or some such.

Why would the SD card do this to the system, if I'm running the game off a cart?

So I put the game into a regular 3DS and it works fine. Nothing happened yet. I think the New 3DS software is the problem. I will have to put a different game through its paces to make sure. It's not the sd card. If it was, even worse things would happen.

Yup it's a bigger problem than I thought. I just tested the new 3ds without the card in. I have to call customer service tomorrow.

1P5EebP.jpg

Quick question guys. 

I tried to log into my Miiverse account on my New 3DS XL and got an error saying it's linked to another 3DS system. After some googling, it looks like I need to do a system transfer but I traded in my old system into GS almost a year ago so I obviously don't have access to it.

Am I to understand that, there's no way to access my eShop games or eShop funds, and I'd need to create a new account and re-purchase my funds/items? 

Quick question guys.

I tried to log into my Miiverse account on my New 3DS XL and got an error saying it's linked to another 3DS system. After some googling, it looks like I need to do a system transfer but I traded in my old system into GS almost a year ago so I obviously don't have access to it.

Am I to understand that, there's no way to access my eShop games or eShop funds, and I'd need to create a new account and re-purchase my funds/items?
Call Nintendo. Explain to them what happened and they might be able to help.

Call Nintendo. Explain to them what happened and they might be able to help.
Thank you. Called them today and after a series of annoying questions (verifying my account and whatnot, kinda difficult since I don't game on Nintendo systems much anymore), they were able to get my stuff transfer and my N3DS XL is good to go!

Is there a good tutorial for owner's of multiple 3DS units in regards to system transfers and how people manage multiple systems?  My son just received a new 3DS and isn't sure he wants to just transfer everything over from his 3DS XL just yet.

My understanding is it all moves over together. I'm in the same situation, not sure I want to move everything to the smaller screen just yet.

Anyone have Pokemon Sun or Moon that wants a Xerneas that pretty much one shot's everything? You can trade me a breeject or any worthless mon that you don't care for. I'm going to erase my save and start from scratch

Goners.

Anyone get Mario Sports Superstars? I wanted to know how many golf courses it has, and whether or not they are just copied from Mario Golf: World Tour or if they are originals (or at least copies from older MG titles).

Anyone get Mario Sports Superstars? I wanted to know how many golf courses it has, and whether or not they are just copied from Mario Golf: World Tour or if they are originals (or at least copies from older MG titles).
Can't believe I'm saying this.... you're better off going to gamefaqs to ask this question. I came to I inquire about the game itself but unsurprisingly found nothing.

I was super hyped when I heard that Pokemon Gold and Silver version is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console. Too bad Pokemon Crystal isn't getting released for it though...

I was super hyped when I heard that Pokemon Gold and Silver version is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console. Too bad Pokemon Crystal isn't getting released for it though...
HeartGold and SoulSilver are much better IMO

They even brought back the "pikachu is trailing right behind you" mechanic from Pokemon Yellow, but better than before.

HeartGold and SoulSilver are much better IMO

They even brought back the "pikachu is trailing right behind you" mechanic from Pokemon Yellow, but better than before.
I would probably own Soul Silver right now if I could tell the difference between a real and fake cartridge by looking at them.

Also I never understood why a lot of people liked that feature in the game.

I would probably own Soul Silver right now if I could tell the difference between a real and fake cartridge by looking at them.

Also I never understood why a lot of people liked that feature in the game.
Nostalgia, especially if you've played Pokemon Yellow.

Real vs fake cart? Some quick guidelines:

• If the seller says he's shipping from China, then that's definitely fake. Look for other signs like no eBay rep, too good to be true deals etc.
  • If the cart looks like there's a slot in the back for a microSD, then that's also a shitty fake (ie. someone trying to pass off flashcart as being the real game, maybe by covering the flashcart's sticker on the upper side of the cart with the game's sticker).
  • I don't remember when exactly can you start using the Pokewalker, but once you can, try transferring a Pokemon into it. If it's a fake cart (and assuming the Pokewalker isn't broken itself), you won't be able to send it due to the lack of built-in IR port on the cart that were presented on all authentic HGSS carts.
  • Lastly, PayPal will take your side if push comes to shove.
I didn't even consider fake carts to be a problem when I was buying my Soul Silver lol. Paypal has protection in place for you as a buyer, and most listing on there are for real carts - most obvious fakes can be easily spotted miles away (and the more subtle one... well that's what Paypal is for).

I buy fire emblem games for my kids all time. I have bought my own 3ds but getting awakening and the newer ones are hard to find new at a normal price for physical copies. Is there a way to get the digital copies cheaper? Does the e shop ever have a sale of the games? I figure if i combine that with when best buy sells points discounted I could be good. 

I buy fire emblem games for my kids all time. I have bought my own 3ds but getting awakening and the newer ones are hard to find new at a normal price for physical copies. Is there a way to get the digital copies cheaper? Does the e shop ever have a sale of the games? I figure if i combine that with when best buy sells points discounted I could be good.
The eShop occasionally has deals on games, the biggest discounts I've seen are generally 30-50%. I generally look at IGN's Daily Deals and a few other places for news on price drops on games. I've been able to get very good deals on Nintendo games this way, though sometimes you have to be patient. Hope this helps!

Monster Hunter Generations is on clearance at Best Buy for $16.49 or less with GCU (which I don't have). 

Any opinions if this is probably the lowest it will go while being this easily accessible to get?  

Maybe considering if it's likely to actually become scarce soon.

Monster Hunter Generations is on clearance at Best Buy for $16.49 or less with GCU (which I don't have).

Any opinions if this is probably the lowest it will go while being this easily accessible to get?

Maybe considering if it's likely to actually become scarce soon.
That seems like a good price, though I'll admit, for whatever reason I haven't gotten into the monster hunter series. I tried a bit of the Wii one a friend bought me, and a bit of the 3DS demo but it didn't click for me. Maybe I should give it another shot if another demo or something comes along

Does anyone know how to get around the YouTube app crashing? I tried almost everything I feel like... it never works. I'm on the latest firmware and everything but any time I try to play a video, it just crashes. 

I don't really want/need it, except for I wanna try one of those videos to fix a dead pixel on the screen. I've used said videos before on my Vita and it worked so I was hoping the same would apply here. 

bread's done
Back