Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
my amazon order (in bubble mailer) arrived perfectly.  the actual copy is better than the gamestop copy I picked up.  the gamestop copy's white little tab above the game case is actually pushed in so that's the copy I opened.

Sorry to hear about the damaged copies from Amazon. I just got my copy and it came in a box and was shrink-wrapped to a piece of cardboard. I even chose FSSS.  I've been lucky with Amazon cause my P4G, Muramasa & SMT LE's all came in perfect condition. I hope Amazon gets their act together and stops giving CAG's crushed LE's.

I got the DLC code from Amazon and it seems not to work yet. Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble redeeming the code.

Surprisingly, my NewEgg order came in a big box instead of the usual bubble mailer and so the game itself is in great condition. Maybe they're finally changing their ways.

Mine was dinged as well, but the contents were fine so I dont care. I still plan to tell them though. This makes me worried for my Xillia CE
Doesn't that have like a 9" statue in it? If they manage to fit that CE into a bubble mailer I'll be pretty impressed.

Yeah, that pretty much describes mine to a tee. It has been a while since I've bugged Amazon CS with any issues so I went ahead and fired off an email about this one. If nothing else, they need to learn to package this stuff better. They used to send everything in boxes but I've noticed my last several games have come in bubble mailers. And even though it was UPS 2-day shipping it was still treated like Parcel Post or something - you'd think they wouldn't have had that much time to beat it up, but they found a way.
Let me know how that goes and what they say so I can decide how much I care to press the issue.

I can confirm, I had registered FE before the offer was announced(3 days, go figure) and YES, I STILL got the $30.

So if you already have FE code redeemed, no worries

there were never any worries. the page for the promo clearly states that it works with people who registered fire emblem before. 

Has anyone succcesfully redeemed this in the WiiU eShop? When I was going through the process to get the $30 code, I remember seeing a statement saying this code (actually it said "this game") can only be redeemed on a 3DS, that it wouldn't work on a WiiU eShop.

Is this true?

Mine arrived with a small dent on the top. I was able to push the dent out so that it's only noticable when looking from above. About the same as my Ni No Kuni strategy guide and Hyrule Historia--minor dings that I'm not exactly happy about, but I'm a collector who isn't uptight enough to go through a several-day customer service process to throw the dice on what might be a more damaged version in the end anyhow.

Now to see if we'll get a nice 3DS XL before the end of the year, or just cave in and get the standard blue one . . .

Mine arrived with a small dent on the top. I was able to push the dent out so that it's only noticable when looking from above. About the same as my Ni No Kuni strategy guide and Hyrule Historia--minor dings that I'm not exactly happy about, but I'm a collector who isn't uptight enough to go through a several-day customer service process to throw the dice on what might be a more damaged version in the end anyhow.

Now to see if we'll get a nice 3DS XL before the end of the year, or just cave in and get the standard blue one . . .
That's usually my attitude. I've gave Amazon free pass when my Adventure Time Season 2 arrived with damage to the slip case. I gave them another shot with the bent on AT:playing with Fire. Project X Zone arrived with dents on top...Fine, I'm lucky to get the LE version.

Then MGS:Legacy Collection arrived and had dents on all side. The corner of the artbook got bent that it's really visible. Spoke with CS, and got only a $4.99 credit back. Whatever...not worth the hassle of shipping back to exchange.

Today, SMT IV arrive. The back of the case has a huge fuck ing tear. Multiple dents all over that can't be smooth or bent out. A scratch running on the front of the case. Needless to say, my patient with Amazon is wearing quite thin over their persistance in using these bubble mailers. I'm returning SMT to Amazon and picking up a copy at Best Buy. I'll see if my BB copy is okay, if the guide is damage, I'll swap and sending the damage copy back to Amazon in their shitastic bubble mailer.

I've had Bluray sent back for exchange before too. The quality of their packaging has slipped since late last year.

mine came in a bubble mailer but in good condition somehow. ive actually caught my ups guys physically tossing the packages to my doorstep and i wanted to kill them. the spine of the outer box seems warped outward and i cant tell if its supposed to be that way or not. either way no damage so im fine with it. first LE i got from amazon in a bubble mailer. its almost always in a box. even my project x zone LE came in a box

mine came in a bubble mailer but in good condition somehow. ive actually caught my ups guys physically tossing the packages to my doorstep and i wanted to kill them. the spine of the outer box seems warped outward and i cant tell if its supposed to be that way or not. either way no damage so im fine with it. first LE i got from amazon in a bubble mailer. its almost always in a box. even my project x zone LE came in a box
Don't get too comfortable. Amazon has been back and forth a bit with bubble mailers for me (NYC) and then bam, bubble mailer almost always. The only exception are items that are too big for bubble mailer.

Do you get your credit right away after registering the two games?
Nope, you also need to order the $30 credit as a free reward in your to-do list on the website. Once you order it you should see the code for the credit on the confirmation page and your email.

Also received my copy from amazon in a bubble mailer today, but to my surprise it was in perfect condition :bouncy: . Usually I get all my things shipped in boxes no mater how small the item is this was a first but it turned out ok.

mine came in a bubble mailer but in good condition somehow. ive actually caught my ups guys physically tossing the packages to my doorstep and i wanted to kill them.
I haven't seen the UPS guy do that but I know the FedEx guy here does that and oh how it makes my blood boil. UPS here at least still actually comes onto the porch and knocks on the door for things that don't require a signature but FedEx doesn't even do that so he just tosses stuff and runs back to the truck to get done faster. Not sure about Prestige since they deliver at inconsistent times and I've never actually seen them deliver. Makes me all the more unhappy that in this area they've all but abandoned UPS unless your two day order gets shipped at a weird time where to make the delivery window it basically becomes next day shipping.

Anyone with Fire Emblem 3DS bundle get their credit yet? Still haven't gotten mine, followed link system instructions and SMT4 survey.

So has it ben confirmed it is only a 3DS eShop credit or does it work on the Wii U?  I'm not sure where I'd use it - maybe for the new street pass games even though I know nothing about them.

So has it ben confirmed it is only a 3DS eShop credit or does it work on the Wii U? I'm not sure where I'd use it - maybe for the new street pass games even though I know nothing about them.
if you get a good amount of street passes a day, it's a great buy! if not then not worth it

I was thinking of putting it towards the new Zelda but that's probably better owned on cartridge for the resale value so I'll just probably say it for Phoenix Wright like everyone else.  Capcom is sure going to be happy when they have all these day 1 sales of the game thanks to this.  Almost makes me want to go spend it on something from Atlus so they get rewarded instead except that I think I already own everything from them that I'm interested in on 3DS!

I got screwed big time on this promotion by Nintendo.

I originally purchased FE: Awakening immediately when I got my 3DS XL. I downloaded it from the eShop and this was prior to ever registering my 3DS XL w/ Club Nintendo. Later on (around the time of the Luigi's Mansion promotion) I finally got my 3DS XL retroactively registered.

When I heard about this promotion, I contacted Nintendo and had them register my eShop purchase of Fire Emblem as well. Everything seemed to be in order so I went ahead and pre-ordered SMT IV from Amazon.

After receiving my (heavily dinged up) copy of SMT IV, I opened it and registered it with Club Nintendo. Multiple hours later and there was no eShop credit. After registering SMT IV, the CN site tried to refer me to purchase FE: Awakening as if I had never purchased it before.

However if I look in my Account History you can see both games are registered and as such I should be eligible for the promotion.

Nintendo was pretty responsive and cooperative throughout this process, right up until I went ahead and filled out their Customer Satisfaction Survey positively. After filling out that survey, I've since sent them 6 e-mails through multiple different channels and am being completely ignored.

I plan to give them a call today and hopefully can get somewhere on the phone.

But if not, this may be the final straw for me with Nintendo as a company. This is just absolutely ridiculous.

I got screwed big time on this promotion by Nintendo.

I originally purchased FE: Awakening immediately when I got my 3DS XL. I downloaded it from the eShop and this was prior to ever registering my 3DS XL w/ Club Nintendo. Later on (around the time of the Luigi's Mansion promotion) I finally got my 3DS XL retroactively registered.

When I heard about this promotion, I contacted Nintendo and had them register my eShop purchase of Fire Emblem as well. Everything seemed to be in order so I went ahead and pre-ordered SMT IV from Amazon.

After receiving my (heavily dinged up) copy of SMT IV, I opened it and registered it with Club Nintendo. Multiple hours later and there was no eShop credit. After registering SMT IV, the CN site tried to refer me to purchase FE: Awakening as if I had never purchased it before.

However if I look in my Account History you can see both games are registered and as such I should be eligible for the promotion.

Nintendo was pretty responsive and cooperative throughout this process, right up until I went ahead and filled out their Customer Satisfaction Survey positively. After filling out that survey, I've since sent them 6 e-mails through multiple different channels and am being completely ignored.

I plan to give them a call today and hopefully can get somewhere on the phone.

But if not, this may be the final straw for me with Nintendo as a company. This is just absolutely ridiculous.
I hope they figure it out for you, as I got an e-mail today saying "We saw you purchased Fire Emblem, if you buy SMIV you can get $30 credit" which means that they sent it based on me registering Fire Emblem already this year.

If i knew about this earlier i wouldn't have registered my fe game =\ and would love to give it out to a CAG since i dont plan on getting shin megami

That's usually my attitude. I've gave Amazon free pass when my Adventure Time Season 2 arrived with damage to the slip case. I gave them another shot with the bent on AT:playing with Fire. Project X Zone arrived with dents on top...Fine, I'm lucky to get the LE version.

Then MGS:Legacy Collection arrived and had dents on all side. The corner of the artbook got bent that it's really visible. Spoke with CS, and got only a $4.99 credit back. Whatever...not worth the hassle of shipping back to exchange.

Today, SMT IV arrive. The back of the case has a huge fuck ing tear. Multiple dents all over that can't be smooth or bent out. A scratch running on the front of the case. Needless to say, my patient with Amazon is wearing quite thin over their persistance in using these bubble mailers. I'm returning SMT to Amazon and picking up a copy at Best Buy. I'll see if my BB copy is okay, if the guide is damage, I'll swap and sending the damage copy back to Amazon in their shitastic bubble mailer.

I've had Bluray sent back for exchange before too. The quality of their packaging has slipped since late last year.
And this is exactly why - for limited editions at the very least - I always order them at a place I can pick up the copy. That way, there's minimal to no chance of the box being dinged up. And if I do receive a dinged up one, I can easily ask for another copy that's less dinged up.

Hmm... do I use this on Wii U or 3DS shop?  Tough choice.  

If only it all tied to a single account and made that question moot.

got my code immediately after finishing the SMT IV survey.  I registered FE:A back in February or whenever it came out.  Not sure where I'll use it.  Probably the 3DS eSHOP.

If i knew about this earlier i wouldn't have registered my fe game =\ and would love to give it out to a CAG since i dont plan on getting shin megami
I'm pretty sure the code they give your for $30 credit can be used by anyone. If someone gives you a Shin Megami code, you could finish the survey and give them the $30 credit code.

when is the next phoenix wright coming out ? i really dont know what to buy lol. also have 1 last fire emblem code left if anyone needs it.

got my newegg shipment in a envlope that the box was crushed

on chat now doubt they will do a damn thing about it
Cheapassgamer has warned countless times about this. EVERY thread is full of people complaining about past experiences.

And then people still buy from newegg.

lol'd

i heard  horror stories about  amazon  not much about   newegg....

still on chat  they   said to hold they might   and a major  MIGHT just send out a replacment or refund   doubtful

WTF  major turn around there  person on chat was very helpful and saying we could sent out a replacment or refund then all of a sudden  she goes ... We  can not do anything about  the purchase .. and  leaves the room..

WTF

Bought Shin Megami from newegg last night for $35 with the $15 off promotion. Getting $30 from Nintendo is like getting SMT for $5! Winning!

Ah, I just ordered SMT IV, despite having put only 10 hours into EO IV and I'm at November on Persona 4: Golden. I have more RPGs on my backlog (Ni No Kuni, Vagrant Story), and don't even get me started on all the other games I have...

Got my preorder from amazon today...came crushed and torn. Requested a replacement, maybe ill get lucky...ridiculous.

bread's done
Back