Nintendo $70 eshop code $50 at Walmart

Jesus Christ. Seriously, what on Earth would ever make them act this way? How is this good for business?!
My new order for the regular price and the $25 code they gave me applied was instantly cancelled. On THEIR end. Not my banks, not Nintendos. The email clearly states: "Unfortunately, our credit and fraud avoidance team flagged this order as unusual, so we had to cancel. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Don't worry - you weren't charged for the order. Any temporary holds will be removed within 10 business days, in accordance with your bank's policy.".

Time to contact support again.

Edit: I wish I had gotten this person the first time. They probably would have just done what I had politely asked the first person to do for me, without many questions asked. The first was an incompetent idiot. Anyway. She said to wait at least 45 minutes but no more than 24 hrs to place a new order and she will escalate it to the fraud team as it appears there is some mistake and there should be nothing wrong with the order & that shes sure it will go through after it's been reviewed. Also gave me a new $25 code to use since the first was used on the 2nd cancelled order. Time will tell...

Last edited by a moderator:
She said to wait at least 45 minutes but no more than 24 hrs to place a new order and she will escalate it to the fraud team as it appears there is some mistake and there should be nothing wrong with the order & that shes sure it will go through after it's been reviewed.
Literally what they told me yesterday after my second order attempt and contacting support. So I did what they said.

My third order was cancelled today.

Customer service rep I talked to today admitted this has nothing to do with fraud. They just screwed up the pricing and don't want to honor it.

I hope it works for you, I mean if you have a $25 code it should theoretically not be an issue, but I really wouldn't expect much at this point.

I wonder how it is that some people were able to order two and some couldn't even get one, even when ordering in the same time frames and using the same methods. Is it just totally random? Are certain customers flagged? Does Walmart's website just suck? I really wanna know!

I get the price mistake, it happens. But then claiming fraud and asking the customer to fix it on the customer's end is poor service. The chat rep bounced back and forth on price mistake vs fraud. When I asked for an exact reason, I was told it was originally a price mistake. But then fraud caused the cancellation, and that I should change my password and dispute the charge with my bank.

The attempt to cover up the issue by claiming fraud is more concerning than having a legit price mistake!

Eh, check out the Walmart black Friday weekend $30 switch digital games sale thread for similar nonsense. Some game codes were emailed immediately, others were cancelled a month later.

They do these codes through a third party fulfilment company and no one you can get on the phone/chat is really do anything about issues with those systems let alone paid enough to be sympathetic to our complaints about digital games.

Yeah. This was weird. Placed an order two hours after first posted for two cards. Paid with my CC. 

Got codes about an hour later. 

Probably checked my credit line and immediately fulfilled the order.

Yeah. This was weird. Placed an order two hours after first posted for two cards. Paid with my CC.

Got codes about an hour later.

Probably checked my credit line and immediately fulfilled the order.
Had nothing to do whatsoever with credit lines. If that was the case none of my orders would have been cancelled. My 3rd order is still processing so not a good sign at all. When placing the order it says up to 4 hrs... but then stupid customer service will tell you 48.

Edit: Got done with a chat agent for the 3rd time. They said escalation takes 24-48 hrs but they could cancel the order for me if I wanted and give me a new promo code to try again. I said I'd just keep the order and see what happens or I risk having to start all of this over from square one. I honestly don't think it will go through even after escalation. Another user stated theirs was still cancelled after escalation so... yeah. At that point I'll ask for my original $25 code back since the first 2 were used on cancelled orders, and another $10-$15 for them screwing up again after being told not to worry - that escalation will put it through. This agent did state that "This is embarrassing" and "I've heard about this happening with these Nintendo cards several times." lol

Had nothing to do whatsoever with credit lines. If that was the case none of my orders would have been cancelled. My 3rd order is still processing so not a good sign at all. When placing the order it says up to 4 hrs... but then stupid customer service will tell you 48.

Edit: Got done with a chat agent for the 3rd time. They said escalation takes 24-48 hrs but they could cancel the order for me if I wanted and give me a new promo code to try again. I said I'd just keep the order and see what happens or I risk having to start all of this over from square one. I honestly don't think it will go through even after escalation. Another user stated theirs was still cancelled after escalation so... yeah. At that point I'll ask for my original $25 code back since the first 2 were used on cancelled orders, and another $10-$15 for them screwing up again after being told not to worry - that escalation will put it through. This agent did state that "This is embarrassing" and "I've heard about this happening with these Nintendo cards several times." lol
If you get a $25 code for the trouble just use it on something else and be done with it. Like you said you already won. Sounds like it’s a problem with their 3rd party vendor for digital codes. Walmart has handled this really weird, but you should probably stop referring to the agents that helped you and gave you more than the deal was ever worth as stupid idiots, doesn’t help your case for being the victim of bullying. Also, gotta ask, your line of credit wasn’t in the conversation summary you posted, did you mention that to the reps? Just curious. I think it is actually a valid point if you put it nicely as an example of how good a customer you are for them, but not as some kind of symbol of superiority or prestige. People are just making a joke about viewing it that way I think, not necessarily a joke about you. This is a bit off the rails though, so who knows. Maybe signing up for Walmart plus would help.

I think he was making fun of you, buddy.
If thats the case. Extremely lame and childish. I've tried to let it go twice now, this will be the third I believe. Why do people absolutely insist on being aholes after things are already done? Sad and pathetic. I'm out of this thread. My intentions were to just share my experience with others here who have had the same thing happening. People chose to be dicks. I don't need this in my life. I'm out.

Think there is a good lesson in this for all of us, unless you are Jeff Bezos, there is always someone with a bigger line of credit with Walmart.  Best to just not mention sensitive financial info like that I guess.  Those with a smaller line of Walmart credit may get jealous, those with more might see it as a challenge to their alpha / baller status

I'm just done with Walmart in general.   Every time it is something with that store i swear.   Either the order gets cancelled.   Or Customer Service is a ridiculous mess;  or they loss my order....  OR i flat out get something i didn't even order.  it amazes me a store that massive; has that many issues. 

In case anyone was wondering, the deodorant I ordered with my eshop card came today. Not great packaging so it got a little banged up, but luckily it's not for display. Thanks Walmart

If thats the case. Extremely lame and childish. I've tried to let it go twice now, this will be the third I believe. Why do people absolutely insist on being aholes after things are already done? Sad and pathetic. I'm out of this thread. My intentions were to just share my experience with others here who have had the same thing happening. People chose to be dicks. I don't need this in my life. I'm out.
JadedDeterminedDogwoodclubgall-small.gif

So far I've heard from one guy it was a computer error on their end. Try again in 24 hours. By then the price was back to normal. The second jerk ignored me and ended the chat. The help then said it was out of stock. The third guy said it was a price error.  They can't even get their story straight. So off to the BBB I went. next stop if need be, FTC to file a false advertisment charge since they refuse to sell at the price they advertised.

So far I've heard from one guy it was a computer error on their end. Try again in 24 hours. By then the price was back to normal. The second jerk ignored me and ended the chat. The help then said it was out of stock. The third guy said it was a price error. They can't even get their story straight. So off to the BBB I went. next stop if need be, FTC to file a false advertisment charge since they refuse to sell at the price they advertised.
lol

So far I've heard from one guy it was a computer error on their end. Try again in 24 hours. By then the price was back to normal. The second jerk ignored me and ended the chat. The help then said it was out of stock. The third guy said it was a price error. They can't even get their story straight. So off to the BBB I went. next stop if need be, FTC to file a false advertisment charge since they refuse to sell at the price they advertised.
jesus christ bro, it's not that serious.

Two things:

1. You need to smoke a doob and relax. This shit ain't that serious.
2. You spelled advertisement incorrectly.

Haha, I got two!

200.gif

Man, at some point you got to ask yourself if all of this frustration and time calling reps, filing with the BBB, contacting the FTC, hiring a lawyer, writing posts about evil corporations and fraud, going on Dr. Phil to have it out with Sam Walmart's family, is really worth the 20$ you saved....

Man, at some point you got to ask yourself if all of this frustration and time calling reps, filing with the BBB, contacting the FTC, hiring a lawyer, writing posts about evil corporations and fraud, going on Dr. Phil to have it out with Sam Walmart's family, is really worth the 20$ you saved....
I mean who knew CAG had so many Karens?

Well I would go on Springer, but I feel sorry for all those chairs.

Be careful guys...

The way the internet is being cracked down on, joking about storming a Wal-Mart will get you tossed in the van...

bread's done
Back