Nintendo $70 eshop code $50 at Walmart

Over 18 hrs so I contacted support via chat. They told me they apologize for some orders getting processed faster, but that it normally takes 48 hrs to process e-gift cards. Lmao. Never in my life has it taken more than maybe an hour. I have a $4,500 credit line with Walmart. If my order gets cancelled and they wont adjust a new order to price match it... I will cancel my entire line of credit with them.

Over 18 hrs so I contacted support via chat. They told me they apologize for some orders getting processed faster, but that it normally takes 48 hrs to process e-gift cards. Lmao. Never in my life has it taken more than maybe an hour. I have a $4,500 credit line with Walmart. If my order gets cancelled and they wont adjust a new order to price match it... I will cancel my entire line of credit with them.
what a weird flex. $4500???? ooooh

what a weird flex. $4500???? ooooh
What a weird comment. If you took it as some sort of "flex", that's on you. Project much? If anyone is flexing it would be yourself. Since what you're saying is $4500 is pennies. You must obviously have a much larger credit line, right? Hypocrite. Sit down, kiddo.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a weird comment. If you took it as some sort of "flex", that's on you. Project much? If anyone is flexing it would be yourself. Since what you're saying is $4500 is pennies. You must obviously have a much larger credit line, right? Hypocrite. Sit down, kiddo.
It’s a line of credit. Any asshole can have a line of credit. Which is why I’m not flexing about mine.

It’s a line of credit. Any asshole can have a line of credit. Which is why I’m not flexing about mine.
Yes, you did flex about yours. Your "$4500???? ooooh" comment was an obvious "That's all?!?!?" dig. Insinuating that you have a superior line of credit there or elsewhere. Now you're trying to play the innocent.

It was about making a point with Walmart, not about the amount of credit I had. Why I posted the specific number I really don't know. Just what I did at the time of the post. Didn't think anyone would take some weirdo issue with it. But obviously you feel the need to be a complete dick for zero reason about it. Clap clap. Nothing more to say on the matter. Enjoy your day. :)

Ordered 1 on Walmart at 4 pm yesterday, cancelled it, and reordered at 6 pm. Still waiting on it.

Tried Best Buy price match twice. First time they said they can't. Second time went through just fine.

Yes, you did flex about yours. Your "$4500???? ooooh" comment was an obvious "That's all?!?!?" dig. Insinuating that you have a superior line of credit there or elsewhere. Now you're trying to play the innocent.

It was about making a point with Walmart, not about the amount of credit I had. Why I posted the specific number I really don't know. Just what I did at the time of the post. Didn't think anyone would take some weirdo issue with it. But obviously you feel the need to be a complete dick for zero reason about it. Clap clap. Nothing more to say on the matter. Enjoy your day. :)
My point is line of credit is nothing to brag about at all. It had nothing to do with how big or small it is.

You didn’t get your code so you reacted like a Karen: whaaaaat? I spend thousands of dollars at (insert retailer)!! I’m taking my business somewhere else! Can I speak to the manager?

People do that shit all the time on cag and slickdeals. Nobody gaf about how much money you spent with a company. Because the insinuation is that you’re gonna stop spending with that company. And no company gives a rats ass about you.

Dude, nobody cared about the credit line comment in the first place and damn sure nobody cares about this being dragged on.

Just got cancelled after almost 24 hours through a credit card. I'll try paypal.

Welp nvm it's dead. That sucks. Oh well, money I don't spend is money I save

My single quantity order from yesterday afternoon got cancelled this morning.  Same email everyone else got about fraud.  Talked to a chat rep and they told me to call them and they would honor it. Called them and they ended up giving me a $25 off promo code off a $45+ order. Seems more than fair enough.  Seems like the rep on the phone said they didn't have the ability to manually adjust the a price of an item for re-ordering.  She also said it wasn't cancelled because of the price, despite the email, but because the price was incorrect (seems very similar to the Mile Morales PS5 price mistake).  Regardless, seems like I come out ahead here.

I only have a $1,000 line of credit with Walmart but I got my code within minutes.  That doesn’t seem fair if someone with more money didn’t get theirs yet, what is Walmart doing!  Just a joke guys, no one freak out please.  It was an odd thing to bring up and just sounded kind of funny, but I don’t think anyone is trying to brag.  If he wants to use taking his line of credit elsewhere as an argument to get what he ordered, it’s a valid point to bring up with customer service.

Seriously though, weird how some orders processed at the same time went through fine and they didn’t just fix or take down the listing earlier.

I used PayPal and got it within a couple hours yesterday so the whole thing seems to be a crapshoot.

Slightly off topic: Walmart has DK tropical freeze for $40. Why isn’t anyone excited about that?

I used PayPal and got it within a couple hours yesterday so the whole thing seems to be a crapshoot.

Slightly off topic: Walmart has DK tropical freeze for $40. Why isn’t anyone excited about that?
$40 for a game that came out 7 years ago is hard to get excited about, even if it is Nintendo.

My single quantity order from yesterday afternoon got cancelled this morning. Same email everyone else got about fraud. Talked to a chat rep and they told me to call them and they would honor it. Called them and they ended up giving me a $25 off promo code off a $45+ order. Seems more than fair enough. Seems like the rep on the phone said they didn't have the ability to manually adjust the a price of an item for re-ordering. She also said it wasn't cancelled because of the price, despite the email, but because the price was incorrect (seems very similar to the Mile Morales PS5 price mistake). Regardless, seems like I come out ahead here.
Just tried this. The chat rep I got said it was due to a pricing error, and they would not do anything about it.

I got all my automated fraud calls this morning. Guess it was being marked suspicious by my bank after all.

Mine got cancelled yesterday, talked to support online, they said they would whitelist me with their fraud department and to try again in a half hour, tried again, the same thing happened.

So I got on support again, they tried the same "fraud" excuse, I called them out on it and then... they basically admitted that was NOT the reason, and that this was a pricing error.

So basically, Walmart priced it incorrectly, and instead of being honest about that, cancelled a bunch of orders and claimed it was because of potential fraud.

What utter trash.

Link to part of the conversation that I had with support:

http://www.negativeworld.org/images/content/1/walmart-lies.png

BTW, people are saying they got calls from their bank... yeah, but not because the bank saw this as potential fraud on their own.  It's because Walmart marked these are potential fraud and your bank responded.  But they did this to get around honoring a price mistake.

"Called them and they ended up giving me a $25 off promo code off a $45+ order. Seems more than fair enough."

I tried my best with my rep to get SOMETHING out of them but they wouldn't do anything.  I guess it just depends on what rep you got but I mean, there is only so much work I will put in to saving $40 (I ordered 2 cards) before it's just not worth it.

So I'm done.  In closing, F Walmart for this deceptive garbage.  I'll remember this next time I think of wasting time trying to order anything from them.

I'm honestly wondering if what they did was illegal in some form, just straight up falsifying potential fraud, getting my credit card company involved, just to get around honoring a mistaken price, but I have no idea what I could even do about that if it were illegal anyway.  Me versus Walmart, not much of a shot there.

No, Walmart is a legitimately shitty company ... so keep harassing them if they don’t give you something for your time. Especially since tons of people actually got this deal if you look at SD. None of this “poor Walmart CS” ... they know what they signed up for with an awful company.

Don’t harass individual people or be rude, but you have a right to question why you haven’t received a deal that many people got in on for hours and hours yesterday. This wasn’t a half hour glitch, one and done type deal.

No, Walmart is a legitimately shitty company ... so keep harassing them if they don’t give you something for your time. Especially since tons of people actually got this deal if you look at SD. None of this “poor Walmart CS” ... they know what they signed up for with an awful company.
And winner for worst take goes to...

Used to do Walmart CS and it was awful, but I did need some money. Not saying the CS people deserve it, but Walmart treats them pretty badly.

Weird, I was just getting your Worst CAG award ready, but it went to like 5 posters this year so it’s taking the print shop longer ...
Man, who the hell wants printed awards? And who gives year end awards at the beginning of the year?? Up your award game, but thank you for supporting print media.

Sound like a bunch of sore losers over not benefiting from an obvious price mistake. Move on and stop harassing customer support.
If all orders got cancelled, you have a point. But since many folks got what they ordered and they selectively cancelled orders, that's just bad company practice.

And in my instance, I never harassed anyone. I just pointed out what happened and they took care of it for me.

I got it to go through on the first try with gift card + remainder on credit card.  The code arrived about two hours after the order was placed.  Time to snag myself the rest of the Civilization VI DLC lol.

Man, who the hell wants printed awards? And who gives year end awards at the beginning of the year?? Up your award game, but thank you for supporting print media.
It included a $200 Walmart giftcard ... but you’re right, we need to make cuts to keep the site running 😎

Did you try to buy an e-Shop card with your promo code?
Just for anyone curious, I received a cancellation right after posting people should stand up for their consumer rights ... so I used the chat feature (second time today, first time they told it was all good and to just sit tight for a few hours) and the representative refused to offer me anything because it was noted as a pricing error and they can’t offer anything if that’s the internal error code for the order.

Sooo anyone trying to get a discount code or giftcard will probably come up empty handed since they’ve shifted from made up fraud allegations to admitting it was a pricing error. Anyway, I legitimately dislike Walmart for many reasons and, while I feel bad for many of their employees but also understand why people work there because it’s sometimes the only game in town, I stand by my opinion that Walmart (and GameStop) is one of the worst companies in America.

And winner for worst take goes to...
seriously man. people who work for walmart CS may not even have a choice. It's not like jobs are plentiful right now. Unless CS makes up shit or is rude to you, there's no reason to harass some working stiff just because walmart as a company has shitty policies. You need to chill, etcrane. Maybe develop some empathy.

Did you try to buy an e-Shop card with your promo code?
Nah. I didn't really need the eShop credit. I plan to save it for something else. Maybe a game that goes on sale but still is $45+. It expires in 90 days.

Terms: *Does not apply to orders with alcohol, gift cards, Photo, Pharmacy, Personalized items or Marketplace items. Can only be used for the account in which it was issued. Code expires after 90 days, on [04/11/2021]. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.

Sound like a bunch of sore losers over not benefiting from an obvious price mistake. Move on and stop harassing customer support.
If they had told me it was a price mistake on the first cancellation, that would have been the end.

Instead they lied and presented it as potential fraud. Since I believed them, and knew that it was not fraud, I spent time and energy interacting with them, my credit card company (who should NEVER have been involved in this), etc. to try to straighten things out so I could get what I thought was a legitimate deal.

Just to eventually be told oops, we actually lied, it had nothing to do with fraud, we just didn't want to admit the real issue right away.

At which point... it was the end. I moved on. I'm not contacting them anymore.

But yes, I'm not happy with them. Because they wasted my time and energy with lies. This is not how a professional organization should run themselves.

As for the customer service representative, I tried to limit my time with them and get an answer as quick as possible then move on. I even told them I don't blame them I'm just unhappy with the company. I would never harass someone in that position, but I did want an answer, and I got one. The company lied.

My point is line of credit is nothing to brag about at all. It had nothing to do with how big or small it is.

You didn’t get your code so you reacted like a Karen: whaaaaat? I spend thousands of dollars at (insert retailer)!! I’m taking my business somewhere else! Can I speak to the manager?

People do that shit all the time on cag and slickdeals. Nobody gaf about how much money you spent with a company. Because the insinuation is that you’re gonna stop spending with that company. And no company gives a rats ass about you.
Wrong. I clearly stated that the number was irrelevant and you are still insisting that something you made up in your head is fact. You started this in the first place with your snide ass rude comment. Hypocrite. Then your little buddies have to join in and "like" your comments cuz you guys seem to have some sort of bullying superiority complex. Whatever.

Dude, nobody cared about the credit line comment in the first place and damn sure nobody cares about this being dragged on.
Dude, you cared enough to have dragged it on after I said I had nothing left to say. Another hypocrite bully. Piss off.

Once again, and for the final time. Nothing left to say on the matter. You "regulars" go right on ahead "liking" each others shit posts and keep dragging it out. Have fun with that. I was already done once before. How bout you lot?

Edit: It's done and over with guys. Leave it alone. Back on topic.... Just checked my order and it was cancelled. Time to see if they will do a new order and price adjust. I'll post with the results of the conversation.

seriously man. people who work for walmart CS may not even have a choice. It's not like jobs are plentiful right now. Unless CS makes up shit or is rude to you, there's no reason to harass some working stiff just because walmart as a company has shitty policies. You need to chill, etcrane. Maybe develop some empathy.
Never said to harass people, but a few people in here are saying you should just roll over and not even ask customer service to address the disparity of this deal. There’s nothing wrong with sticking up for your rights as a customer. Where’s your empathy for the hard working CAGs in this thread who were denied a deal simply because Walmart either falsely claimed fraud or finally admitted it was an error even though many more recent orders went through?

No one is saying you should harass individual people and yes, many workers need those jobs, but the company is despicable. Read up if you aren’t aware - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Walmart

Sorry if I don’t like jumping on the band wagon of shitting on fellow CAGs who are getting dicked around by a multinational corporation.

My order was cancelled early this morning, a good 12+ hours after I placed the order.

I am annoyed at the "we cancelled due to potential fraud" bit...

So Walmart.com customer service said it was cancelled because it didn't pass their security check. Asked for them to honor the price of the original order. Gave me a bunch of mumbo jumbo then eventually switched it to it being MY financial institution that flagged it and denied it. Even though I did speak to by bank and nothing of the sort happened on their end for any reason whatsoever. After a bit more back and forth, they changed it to it being because they are high fraud items and the purchases didn't pass Nintendos approval. I said that even if that's the case, the item is marked as sold and shipped by Walmart.com, not by Nintendo. Kindly asked for them to honor the price of the original order again. This time they refused because their price match policy doesn't allow it, but  were completely unable to tell me exactly which policy was not allowing them to honor the original price despite asking several times. I also stated that I wasn't asking for a price match to a different retailer -  I was asking for Walmart to honor their own original order price. They said they don't price match their own prices. Stated again that it's technically not even a price match. It's a price adjustment on a new order, due to the cancellation of the first. It's not like asking for a price match on an item that was on sale a week ago & you never originally made the purchase during the sale. Anyway. More back and forth. They offered me $10 credit. I said not acceptable. Was offered $15. Again stated unacceptable. They went to speak with a supervisor. Came back and said $25 is the max we can offer for your trouble. I said I would accept it, but that I still felt it was unfair of them to not honor the original price due to a mess up on their own end. Then they told me they can no longer give me the $25 because it was being given based upon customer satisfaction and that since I am not satisfied, they will no longer give me the $25. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! I tell them what?? I responded that I said I would accept the $25, but do I not still have the right to state my feeling on the matter? They gave me the $25 again and the chat ended shortly after. Use the $25 on a single $70 card. I win. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then they told me they can no longer give me the $25 because it was being given based upon customer satisfaction and that since I am not satisfied, they will no longer give me the $25.
Jesus Christ. Seriously, what on Earth would ever make them act this way? How is this good for business?!

bread's done
Back