Nintendo Badge Arcade - Am I the Only One Playing?

batman1939

Banned
I love claw machines in the real world. Every time I see one I have to check to see if anything is grab-able. So I downloaded this game and have wasted about $10 on digital badges. Please tell me I am not the only one playing this. 

Sadly batman, you are not. I feel ashamed to even say it, but yes, I have spent money on this damned distraction as well. It's oddly addicting, and infuriating at the same time. I have spent about the same, and have about 219 badges.

I am.....I am trying to stop...

I wasted over $10 realizing that some of the badges come back after some time. Don't waste too much money unless you really want an entire set of badges (but why? They may be making a game that utilizes the badges). There is a trick where you can get badges without using your last chance, it is on youtube and I am not sure if it has been patched (though you will want to use it at some point). I haven't tried it as it could take half an hour to accomplish (and I don't have that kind of patience). So far I have over 180 badges, and have missed some days just because I forget (sometimes it is a waste of time anyways as I may not get a chance to get any badges if I mess up practicing. Though most times I am not so bad at it.).

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not the only one playing it OP, I play the practice machine every day and have probably dropped about $12 into it.

I tend to put money in when the themes are available and there are badges I want.

I wasted over $10 realizing that some of the badges come back after some time. Don't waste too much money unless you really want an entire set of badges (but why? They may be making a game that utilizes the badges). There is a trick where you can get badges without using your last chance, it is on youtube and I am not sure if it has been patched (though you will want to use it at some point). I haven't tried it as it could take half an hour to accomplish (and I don't have that kind of patience). So far I have over 180 badges, and have missed some days just because I forget (sometimes it is a waste of time anyways as I may not get a chance to get any badges if I mess up practicing. Though most times I am not so bad at it.).
And where is this said video? I've played near everyday since it came out and yest spent money on it as well.

I have played everyday since release give or take a few days.  I won't be buying plays - almost used some of my balance by mistake!

My biggest complaint is how you can't save your free plays as most areas require multiple plays to get all the badges (I can understand the random free ones the bunny gives sometimes).  Some badges are impossible to get on the first play or two.  Scrolling past them having been reset is disheartening as well.

I play every day but have yet to drop any money on it. I love it.

I've only managed to get 1 to 2 free plays regularly. This one time though - I hit 4 free plays! It just so happened that it was a Kirby badge round and I knew with four plays,  getting Kirby would be easy after running practice rounds! I'm a huge fan of the series. Nerves got the best of me and I left with 1 badge only. Don't be like me :(

Oh yeah I remember this.  I kept trying to get free badges.  I joined up after the patch.  It was more of a fun challenge looking for ways to get free badges.

Yeah, really wish they would update this so you can bank your free plays, but I know that will not happen.  I'm guessing that's how they get a lot of their purchases (use your one free play then pay to get the rest).

Finally managed to get 350 badges. At level 6, they start adding badges to your statue.

Also, apparently Mega Badges count for multiple badges in the counter.

I finally booted this up after seeing people talk about it. It's definitely a fun distraction but I won't be spending any real money on it unless there's something really amazing - the Mega Man badges, for example, would get a few dollars out of me.

Eh, I haven't even considered Nintendo Badge Arcade.   It has all the trappings of a typical freemium game meant to addict the player to spend actual money on what is essentially nothing.  Even if money wasn't an option and it wasn't pure freemium trickery... my game time is far too valuable for this kind of distraction.

Eh, I haven't even considered Nintendo Badge Arcade. It has all the trappings of a typical freemium game meant to addict the player to spend actual money on what is essentially nothing. Even if money wasn't an option and it wasn't pure freemium trickery... my game time is far too valuable for this kind of distraction.
It takes, like, 5 minutes to go through a playthrough. Slightly longer if there is an intro segment.

I hate how damn long the game takes to boot up...but it is pretty addictive. 

I have spent a few dollars.  UFO catchers and caw machines are very fun in the real world.  (I spent $100's in the UFO catchers in Japan and they actually give cool prizes.)

I just check my email and threads while it loads up. No hair off my chest haha.

Also waiting for a theme bonus before I spend a chunk of change.

900! But how much $ have you spent?

I'm at 516 with no money put in, kinda proud of that :D/

Hey, there's a grabber that's just a pole that goes strait down. It that really all it does?

It seems like a waste of a play since you can only get one badge at a time. And then it goes and slides slightly off target and just misses everything causing me to rage!

About $10-$12, and most of that was release week.
Are there ever days where there's nothing new to try for? I'm still sad I missed getting some of those adorable Pokemon eggs at Easter, but I refuse to spend money on chance-games that just want my money. I'm looking at you Candy Crush :lol:

Are there ever days where there's nothing new to try for? I'm still sad I missed getting some of those adorable Pokemon eggs at Easter, but I refuse to spend money on chance-games that just want my money. I'm looking at you Candy Crush :lol:
If you count repeats as nothing new, then yes.

I play Badge Arcage and Pokemon Shuffle allllll the time. But I never break down and spend money on them. I go NUTS for those retro PKMN sprites though--I've been guilty of a rage-quit or 5 when I'm gypped out of a favorite due to wonky game mechanics.

bread's done
Back