Nintendo DS $100, Ps2 $100 Gamecube $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be extremely suspicious. Unless they obtain their stock from a heist, they're selling below their cost and it doesn't appear they're trying to make it up on the software which is also underpriced.

whats with the banner at the top of their page?

"Where quality is valued above quantity!"

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

LOL, no way in hell this is real. At least if someone's going to try to scam they should at least make the prices believable.

Its only a $50 difference, so it could be real, but I don't think its worth the risk of them getting your Credit Card # if its just a scam.

They also claim games to be in stock that are far from shipping. For instance, Rayman DS is shown as a March 2005 release on the EBgames site.

Also, if you put something in your cart and go to the final checkout page, it lets you choose your shipping option but doesn't even say how much shipping is. STAY AWAY!

[quote name='whoknows']Its only a $50 difference, so it could be real, but I don't think its worth the risk of them getting your Credit Card # if its just a scam.[/quote]

Only a $50 difference? Is there some part of the phrase "below cost" you don't get? For them to be able to clip $50 off a $150 would suggest a majorvprofit margin in a product category that is typically sold near cost in hopes of reaping real money off the software. A 33% profit margin would be a stunning achievement for just about any major piece of consumer electronics and most other businesses, too.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Well there's a name and adress posted, maybe someone could make a visit.[/quote]

LOL @ the site! I just check the number and addy. They're both bunk! It's one of those scams where they take advantage of desparate consumers at this time of year.

edit: If you notice, the home site is under an "https" address.

[quote name='jalu6']
"Where quality is valued above quantity!"
[/quote]

There's an old russian saying that "Quantity has a quality all to its own."

[quote name='Wario64']Can a mod just delete the link? I'm sure this site is a scam[/quote]

That would probably be best to save people from getting in trouble.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='whoknows']Its only a $50 difference, so it could be real, but I don't think its worth the risk of them getting your Credit Card # if its just a scam.[/quote]

Only a $50 difference? Is there some part of the phrase "below cost" you don't get? For them to be able to clip $50 off a $150 would suggest a majorvprofit margin in a product category that is typically sold near cost in hopes of reaping real money off the software. A 33% profit margin would be a stunning achievement for just about any major piece of consumer electronics and most other businesses, too.[/quote]

Maybe its 33% less because they beat up little kids on the street and take their consoles. Did you ever think of that :D

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='epobirs'][quote name='whoknows']Its only a $50 difference, so it could be real, but I don't think its worth the risk of them getting your Credit Card # if its just a scam.[/quote]

Only a $50 difference? Is there some part of the phrase "below cost" you don't get? For them to be able to clip $50 off a $150 would suggest a majorvprofit margin in a product category that is typically sold near cost in hopes of reaping real money off the software. A 33% profit margin would be a stunning achievement for just about any major piece of consumer electronics and most other businesses, too.[/quote]

Maybe its 33% less because they beat up little kids on the street and take their consoles. Did you ever think of that :D[/quote]

I already covered the angle of stolen goods in my first post to this thread.

That happened quite a lot when the SNES launched. There were several truckjackings and warehouse raids in which thousands of SNES units were taken. It was unusual because most of the time the theives go after the games. It doesn't take much thought to realize that the same volume of game boxes amounts to much greater value than their equivalent volume in console packages. But high demand for the SNES in its first Xmas changed the rules. It was due to Nintendo's inability to meet demand that Sega picked up a big boost in sales just as they were starting to get their act together on the software side. Thus the Genesis had its first good season after being on the market over a year.

Scam. Address = Mailboxes, Etc. Area code for fax machine comes back to TX. Area code/exchange combination for fax number does not exist.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='whoknows'][quote name='epobirs'][quote name='whoknows']Its only a $50 difference, so it could be real, but I don't think its worth the risk of them getting your Credit Card # if its just a scam.[/quote]

Maybe its 33% less because they beat up little kids on the street and take their consoles. Did you ever think of that :D[/quote]

I already covered the angle of stolen goods in my first post to this thread.

That happened quite a lot when the SNES launched. There were several truckjackings and warehouse raids in which thousands of SNES units were taken. It was unusual because most of the time the theives go after the games. It doesn't take much thought to realize that the same volume of game boxes amounts to much greater value than their equivalent volume in console packages. But high demand for the SNES in its first Xmas changed the rules. It was due to Nintendo's inability to meet demand that Sega picked up a big boost in sales just as they were starting to get their act together on the software side. Thus the Genesis had its first good season after being on the market over a year.[/quote]

I bet it was a conspiracy done by Sega to boost their sales, and I like Sega so I'm not saying its a bad thing...

[quote name='Kuma']they have DS'? People its a scam[/quote]

Maybe they made the DS's by themselves, you know with cardboard etc etc

That would explain the price

Query: How is it that they can keep both the DS and the PSTwo in stock at prices far below retail when EB, GameStop, and a slew of online retailers can't keep them in stock at full retail price?

Answer: scam scam scam scam scam scam scam wonderful scam scam scam scam (sung to the tune of the Spam Song of Monty Python fame)!!!!

The fact that the site bastardizes the English language and looks like it was designed using the Fisher Price My First Website designer should be enough of a reason to consider it a scam. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Metang386']Looks safe. Must buy DS![/quote]

Let us know what happens, whether you get the DS or end up in big trouble cuz its probably a scam.

Yeah, definitely a scam. The DS costs stores $142, no one would take a $42 loss on a system. Merchants usually only make around $5-10 on systems.

[quote name='tubtub']Yeah, definitely a scam. The DS costs stores $142, no one would take a $42 loss on a system. Merchants usually only make around $5-10 on systems.[/quote]

You see, what you said sums it up perfectly. It has to be a scam... yet somebody out there will attempt to purchase an item from these individuals.

Choose from over 450 games Get incredible exclusives and blockbuster titles Compete with gamers accross the street or accross the globe with Xbox Live

- Nice use of the english language there. Where's the periods?!? Unfortunately, all it takes is a few sales for them to be in the money. Someone should alert the feds, but I'm no narc.

hahaha. LMAO :rofl:

God kids are so stupid. nice post on GameFAQs Ledhed. "OMG I lost $250!" ... Well obviously you didn't need it anyway jackass!

People just want to believe that this is true. Good games and systems for low prices. Come on people! Use your heads! ...or lose money, whatever you want.

[quote name='GSJaia']The fact that the site bastardizes the English language and looks like it was designed using the Fisher Price My First Website designer should be enough of a reason to consider it a scam. :whistle2:D[/quote]

What's wrong with that program? I used it to create my first scam too! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back