Nintendo DS Limited Edition Pokemon Pack $130 shipped at Amazon (MSRP)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Limited-Pokemon-Pack/dp/B001CD3KSI/

I have no idea if this is:

• of interest to anyone
  • really a limited edition

but it was #1 on Amazon's movers and shakers list, so I'd figured i'd post it.

It comes with:

• Limited Edition Onyx Nintendo DS Lite with silkscreen of Dialgo & Palkia from Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness special animated episode DVD
  • Pokémon Dialgo & Palkia Carrying Case
  • Collectible mini-poster featuring Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

gamestop/ebgames deal is so much better where you trade in your old GBA SP and get the system for only $90!!!

I HATE Pokemon, but I agree that is one sweet looking DS. I can't justify owning more than one DS though. Great deal though.

[quote name='addicted2games']I wonder if this is eventually going to go up in value like the Gold Zelda DS bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but maybe to less of an extreme since its a weird mix of Mystery Dungeon and Diamond/Pearl. I shouldn't doubt Pokemania though.

[quote name='NeoStrider']I'll pass on this, Nintendo always uses these special editions to get rid of bad screens[/quote]

How do ya know this. Do they come in with dead pixels?

[quote name='roobix']Hey. this is going to sound naive because i'm not really current on game consoles... but why do people feel the need to have more than one DS?

I can understand if it's for multiplay reasons.. but if it's just for the design....?

Just a curious question to all those who are buying their 2nd+ DS now[/quote]

Simple, don't wanna share... Everyone in my family owns one, except wifey (she only plays pac-man, and only arcade version too). Also, Wi-Fi play, a lot of funs. Since everyone in the family have different taste, color of the DS matters too (not only that, but also to tell which DS belongs to whom).

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Dammit, hoping this would come later in the year, at a time when I would have enough money to spare for this. Really want to get this, but not sure if no tax or a t-shirt is a better deal >_

[quote name='muzras']How do ya know this. Do they come in with dead pixels?[/QUOTE]

I have the Zelda DS and the screens they used in that model have a yellowish tint, I exchanged it twice and they were all like that, I compared them side by side to my sister's white DS, I remember when Nintendo released the Brain Age DS people reported the same problem about it having bad screens, its obvious to me that they use these special editions to get rid of their lower quality screens

Well I bit, this will be the first Game Boy where I bought the 2nd version. On the other hand the battery life of the original DS was pissing me off and just the fact of playing this DS out in public in my school and getting the looks of evil is so worth it :lol:.

Anyone who wants one should check his/her local FYEs (or Trans-World stores) on the release date, because they might have one or two in stock, and it's got a $30 mail-in rebate with it ($109 after rebate).

I work at an FYE in MA, and I was doing rebates the other day, and this was on the list of new/active rebates, so there's a good chance we'll be getting a small number in.

It's back on Amazon.com (sans free-shipping), and Bill-Me-Later promo doesn't seem to work at the final check-out page either.

[quote name='nanoplasm']It's back on Amazon.com (sans free-shipping), and Bill-Me-Later promo doesn't seem to work at the final check-out page either.[/quote]

That's because it is not shipped and sold from Amazon.com

[quote name='NeoStrider']I have the Zelda DS and the screens they used in that model have a yellowish tint, I exchanged it twice and they were all like that, I compared them side by side to my sister's white DS, I remember when Nintendo released the Brain Age DS people reported the same problem about it having bad screens, its obvious to me that they use these special editions to get rid of their lower quality screens[/quote]

Yep, I have a red/black DS that I got with the Brain Age 2 bundle, and it has a yellow-tinted touch screen. But I had actually bought and returned 5 DS Lites (yes, literally 5), trying to find one without a yellow-tinted screen, to no avail. I think almost all of the new screens are made out of a different material which makes them look slightly yellowish. It is only really noticable on a white screen, but still annoying.

According to a seasoned GS Store Manager - GS stores are only receiving one order of these (his high volume store received 3) and he considers it rare...

For those who caught my thread goof a few hours ago ... manager pitied me not knowing what today's date was and allowed me to use Yesterday's 50% coupon off a DS game $34.99 game for $15.xx
I haven't checked it yet for the screen color....

New Pokemon screen color looks white...but alas our non bundle plain black one's bottom screen has the yellow hue...never noticed it before...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trunks982']its gonna be my 4th DS. 1st DS is the phat with miyamoto signature, 2nd is the white ds lite, 3rd is the black ds lite, and now pokemon DS WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWO wooo[/quote]

Haha if I bite on this my DS laundry list is EXACTLY like yours....IF your Shiggy signed DS Phat is Silver....is it?:hot:

[quote name='atomsk']These are already in stores, WTF is taking amazon so long?! I want my pokemans now, fuckers![/quote]

Thats a good question, maybe stores are releasing early? I paid $4.50 for fucking shipping though and I wish they should ship it today.

Here's what the free GS shirt looks like if anyone cares. Only comes in Large, 21" pit to pit, Hanes Tagless 6.1, 100% cotton. Dialga in silver metallic on the front, Palkia in gold metallic on the back, Nintendo DS logo in white on the left sleeve.

How come Amazon's release date is later than the GS release date for this DS Lite? I was able to get one yesterday at GS. Wonder if this is going to be rare.

I reserved one at GS a couple days ago and picked it up today. The manager said that they only had three and sold the other two in minutes of them coming in. They also said they are not likely to get any more of them. Luckily i found another one at a GS with very, very low foot traffic. They had two left. They have a 30 day return policy if unopened so ill see if these become rare or not.

My Amazon order shipped Friday which is great because I will be home all week to wait for it :lol:. Anyway I was wondering how many episodes does the DVD of pokemon come with? I want to use it more of a torture device now :lol:.

I wish I could of got that shirt with the GS preorder though that shits nice.

Just picked this up from gamestop, its really nice. The designs on the ds are slightly metallic and actually really classy (unlike the pokemon game boy color). The case is also cool as it has a strap to hold the ds in place and pockets for 3 games. The tshirt is also really nice, it has metallic prints on both sides and a ds logo on the shoulder. Id say it was worth the tax just for the shirt, though its only available in large.

I got mine this morning. Don't know what kind of noise that guy was talking about yellow screens, but the screens in this ds are actually brighter than my current ds.

i got mine as well... decided to trade in my xbox 360 to get this sexy beast and guess what my 360 decided to do.... go RRoD on me! POS! so instead of getting the ds lite for free.... i end up paying $140! well, i did come home with two systems... but one is totally worthless!

this is bullshit. amazon is just sent me an email saying they don't know when they're getting more of these. They might not even get any if it's as rare as you guys say.

[quote name='SL4IN']I got mine this morning. Don't know what kind of noise that guy was talking about yellow screens, but the screens in this ds are actually brighter than my current ds.[/QUOTE]

u can set the brightness after the "power on". its when you see the settings before you start the game. if i remember correctly, you should see a little sun icon at the bottom right screen.

[quote name='CheapyD']
I have no idea if this is:

• of interest to anyone
  • really a limited edition
[/quote]Of interest to a lot of folks. This DSlite was only available in Japan for a year or so. And yes, it'll be limited. Once they're gone, they won't be producing more of this edition.

My Walmart in Greenville, NC had a ton of them yesterday, I sold my old DS because I needed the cash, and I ended up buying this one because it's MSRP is the same as the regular ones, and the design looks really neat.

CC has them online and I do like the style of it... But I'm not quite sure if owning two DS Lites is good... Maybe I can bump my old white over to my sister... Or just sell it!

Edit:
Oh looks like CC's website is all out according to my order... Only in-store pickup is available to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if i should take back my old Onyx Ds system to best buy and pick this one up... I have a couple of dead spots on the touch screen and its still under the 2 year warr.

wonder if i should grab this or wait and see if there are better ones this xmas

my 2 year deal runs out FEB 4 i think

[quote name='kyoichi']i got mine as well... decided to trade in my xbox 360 to get this sexy beast and guess what my 360 decided to do.... go RRoD on me! POS! so instead of getting the ds lite for free.... i end up paying $140! well, i did come home with two systems... but one is totally worthless![/quote]

Are you talking about when you brought it to Gamestop, like did they plug it in or something and it gave you a red ring?

If yes, my guess is because there were no AV cables plugged in... which cause all 4 to light up.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Are you talking about when you brought it to Gamestop, like did they plug it in or something and it gave you a red ring?

If yes, my guess is because there were no AV cables plugged in... which cause all 4 to light up.[/quote]

well i checked it when i got back home so yeah, it is broken. now i cant use this $30 coupon on trade-ins since my system is broken. from $130 to $76... its just not fair so i decided to keep my effin 360....

bread's done
Back