Nintendo Ebay Store Discounts

I believe are overthinking it a little. The game was probably designed with Wii U specific features (like every other first party Wii U game) but they were cut once the Switch version development started. The more likely reason for version parity is to avoid confusion, not make people choose, and to not potentially have "better" features on the old system. Think about it... making people choose between portability or touch controls. Not good. Or remember how people preferred the GCN version of Twilight Princess because it was a very different experience? I bet Nintendo didn't want to do that again either.

And the Wii U failed. Who cares if the game was developed "as intended". Consumers did not want more Wii U type experiences. Putting the focus on the portable nature of the Switch was a smarter move, and probably just plain better for a lot more people.
I honestly know about 10 people that bought a switch, and not a single one was attracted to its portability. That's what turned most people off that I know. Especially since they are Nintendo fans, they already own a great portable from nintendo, & many believe Nintendo when they said it's not replacing their current portable line. When has a 3d zelda (mainline game, basically) ever been about portability? What about BotW makes you think Nintendo focused on the portable nature of the Switch in regards to that game?

Twilight Princess on GameCube is my favorite Zelda game, and was a better, more natural experience than the Wii version that was devolved alongside it, after the GC version was over halfway finished. They forced a right handed link in so kiddies could waggle, but everyone who played both could tell that one version was developed as intended, while the other was a little forced, is the best way to put it i think. In that case, Nintendo didn't remove things that were designed for the GCU version just to make the Wii version stand out. To say Nintendo cares about parity when they develop games on multiple Nintendo platforms simultaneously just isn't true, else there would be no smash Bros 3ds/Wii U, hyrule warriors on both, and even the upcoming fire emblem game on 3ds & Switch (which I doubt will have features removed for 3ds so the switch will look like the better version). Nintendo has done this before, as you correctly pointed out, so they're no stranger to making games that take advantage of each of their system's unique gimmicks. To say one would have to choose between "portability or touch controls" (regarding the BotW versions) is a strawman argument. If I own a Wii U, I get the touch screen features. If I own a switch, I get touch screen and portability (for arguments sake, since I can't fathom why someone would prefer a huge rpg to be portable). Why would I have to choose? The chance that more than 1% of Zelda fans would actually buy both versions to compare the two is extremely slim. If one has both systems, you get a choice (choice is a positive option, not something you are forced to do, in this case), but that's only IF the game had been developed as intended for both platforms. Not after one version has been penalized because it may outshine another version. When has Nintendo ever gone so far to create an illusion that one version is superior? Usually they create the games, maybe add new features for new consoles, and let them coexist, and shine on their genuine strengths & weaknesses, as sales are sales & the proceeds of both games go to the same Bank account.

They are cannibalizing their own to convince, who, the gamers? For what reason? The gamers can decide for themselves what they like. They are doing it to convince themselves, as they know they continually market co op experiences (Wii U & Switch have that in common, btw), hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again, while they are embarrassed by their adult fans that actually buy their products with their own money, prefer a console that can compete with competitors consoles from 2 generations ago, has a robust online component (which Nintendo denied anyone wanted until recently), and could care less about motion controls or portability, when they already have a portable gaming line of consoles. Nintendo is either trying to fail, trying to troll, or has been living at neverland ranch cuz they believe that someone wants to look at a 6 inch screen with their friends, & play games with a deformed little half a controller with analog in the middle of the controller (and there's only one, so no FPS, or any of the most popular multiplayer genres), and play crap that is more like a board game than a video game, whereally they break out Microsofts rumble feature so we can see how many pieces of ice are in a glass. What the heck do the people that want to do that kind of stuff need a darn scalptastic $500 console for? They can do all that without it.

Sorry, that was not all directed at you. Nintendo is to me as Donald trump is to progressives & I'm just venting.

P.S. The Wii U failed because Nintendo was too conceited to publicly, officially, release clear & concise messaging that ensured the bandwagon folks like grandma, uncle Charlie, and little Billy's mom knew the difference between the Wii & the Wii U when they looked in the newspaper, or behind the glass at WalMart and MAY have noticed something was different about the one they caught a glimpse of & the one they had at home for the past few years, but Nintendo thought their ultra-successful project was so ubiquitous that people couldn't help but know the intricate details of such a remarkable representation of the future of videogames. Many casual players only turned it on a couple times a month at first, then less & less as time passed & friends stopped coming by just to see it. Those casuals had no problem with that purchase, and most had no clue that the more serious "gamer" would spend 14 hours a week playing games on one. The casuals saw it like a VCR, or a purchase in that realm. Little Johnny's mother had a slight advantage when it came to being informed, as she has tried EVERYTHING to keep Johnny off of it until he does chores & homework each day, but with no success. She may know the difference between the Wii & Wii U, but is starting to see the gaming habit in a bad light since her son seems to value his time on their Wii over life itself. Many parents go through that, and after he learns some boundaries, she wants to surprise him with something. Even being a little more informed, people like her see this console with the exact same name, but it has a "U" after it. She watched videos they have on display at Best Buy, even to see what she can learn, since she doesn't want to disappoint her son by buying him something he already has, and those videos all show everyone using the same Wii-Motes & accessories as the system she bought him a few years back. Those more informed parents thought it was just a game pad accessory that you buy for the console he has (and that is seared into her brain since she and many other parents went through hell to buy a Wii for their kids. In what seems to be a sick joke, Nintendo released the Wii's before there was significant stock available to ensure most of the customers that wanted to buy one, could do so. Because of this, scalpers had a great time charging a full 200 - 250% markup to unsuspecting parents that were just tired of driving all over their state, only to come up empty, so LOTS of these parents paid that exorbitant rate. In addition, Nintendo thinks that out of the 100+ million Wii's sold, that most were non traditional (or "casual") gamers, which is most likely correct. What Nintendo fails to understand is that since the Wii got swept up into popular culture, the people that bought them were not people that were likely to ever buy another console again. They had fun and they moved on, as is customary with pop culture fads. Every single musician, actor, etc who gets insanely quick fame & fortune due to this phenomenon thinks, just as Nintendo does, that it was their talent, drive, or superior intellect that caused this once in a lifetime circumstance to be. They will try for the rest of their lives to satisfy an impossible standard that they credit themselves for creating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I wish I could have gotten it there instead, as "N" dinged me for tax and shipping, to the tune of $22 and some change(those bastards). LOL
That is why I was waiting for it to go back up on ebay (the white one) because it was there not long ago. Someone informed me though that Nintendo on ebay charges tax as well so basically saving $5 is all if you opt for the cheapest shipping method. I decided I would just make due with my launch wii u because I'd rather invest the money into a switch later on than something I already have. I will repair my wii u if it breaks or send it to nintendo for repair if it's beyond my ability. I will be looking for used wii u's from here on cheap for parts though. Many parts like the disc drive can be bought cheap on ebay as of right now. That's the most likely thing to fail of course the gamepad is always a concern too.

They say the game is identical, so it has to be in there. I do not know how they handles that, though. I should get my overpriced handheld tomorrow, with the vanilla Zelda (since Nintendo only rewards the scalpers, and is ashamed of their adult fans). I will certainly post here if I find out which puzzles require the gamepad on Wii U. BTW, what did it require of the gamepad? Was it a 2 screen puzzle/feature, by chance? I doubt it, but that would be cool.
It was a frustrating puzzle that required tilting the gamepad to get this ball to roll through a maze & at the end you had to flip the maze up just right to get the ball to land on a platform with a fairly large gap it had to hop over. I mean I got it within a few mins but it just messed up the awesome flow of the game to me plus I had to move my sorry ass out of my recliner & toss my throw to the side to get up and get the gamepad. Curse you nintendo even after the gimmicky wii stuff you still trying to get my ass to burn calories unnecessarily.

That is why I was waiting for it to go back up on ebay (the white one) because it was there not long ago. Someone informed me though that Nintendo on ebay charges tax as well so basically saving $5 is all if you opt for the cheapest shipping method. I decided I would just make due with my launch wii u because I'd rather invest the money into a switch later on than something I already have. I will repair my wii u if it breaks or send it to nintendo for repair if it's beyond my ability. I will be looking for used wii u's from here on cheap for parts though. Many parts like the disc drive can be bought cheap on ebay as of right now. That's the most likely thing to fail of course the gamepad is always a concern too.
Yeah, the tax on Ebay depends on your location, and is not charged to everyone. I personally never saw the white ones on Ebay, but I can't say I checked that often either, as they always seem to have the same things in the store. I wanted that model over the black, so in the end, I was just happy to get it, as I couldn't take a chance on waiting for something that may have never happened. Of course I would have preferred to get it cheaper due to the CAG in me, but it was still a good buy.

My black Wii u came in yesterday and it looks brand new. That's a relief. It didn't come with the stand though. I thought the deluxe was supposed to come with that? Also, I didnt realize my order was also charged tax. What a pain in the ass.

My black Wii u came in yesterday and it looks brand new. That's a relief. It didn't come with the stand though. I thought the deluxe was supposed to come with that? Also, I didnt realize my order was also charged tax. What a pain in the ass.
I didn't even realize the lack of the charger stand, and vertical stand pieces until it was mentioned here just recently. Then I was like, oh yeah, that stuff wasn't included. Even though these are the 32GB models, they are just being offered as the units with the one game.

I believe when "N" used to offer the units with the Mario World bundle, those may have came with the extra's, but I can't say 100%, as I didn't get one of those at the time, but I like to think they where offered as "deluxe" at the time if my memory serves correctly. Those missing items can be found pretty cheap, if you actually need them.

Yea I think I'll just pick up the stand for $9 on ebay. Saw that yesterday after doing a quick search

What about BotW makes you think Nintendo focused on the portable nature of the Switch in regards to that game? Nothing, just the fact that it is a console Zelda that is portable is another selling point. Portability has more success potential than the gamepad IMO, especially now that the gamepad is dead.

Nintendo didn't remove things that were designed for the GCU version just to make the Wii version stand out. No, but that was Nintendo's first attempt at this split release. As you said, you liked the GCN version more. I bet Nintendo didn't like that opinion at the time as they wanted to move on from the cube.

To say Nintendo cares about parity when they develop games on multiple Nintendo platforms simultaneously just isn't true, Didn't mean to say that they always care, but they do in this case. Also, it is a lot less likely to have parity with the 3ds and Wii U, where as Switch and Wii U are very similar power wise. Also I think it was Sakurai who wanted both Smash games to be the same gameplay-wise. So much so that they canned characters like Ice Climbers since the 3ds could not handle them

Why would I have to choose? Switch was already more mainstream at its announcement than the Wii U was in it's whole life. Removing the choice of "which different version do you want to play" And remember the Wii U technically has many more potential gameplay variety than the Switch does because of the gamepad. As I said originally, Nintendo doesn't want there to be the potential for people to like the Wii U version more. Making the games the same, and letting the Switch showcase it's basic features (switching how you play) was their plan. As a company trying to distance themselves from what failed about the Wii U (the gamepad) this all makes sense to me. Adding new features to much later ports (which Nintendo does a lot) is a different beast than selling your new console after your worst performing console since the Virtual Boy.

Nintendo is either trying to fail, trying to troll, or has been living at neverland ranch I think you are focusing too much on optional features of the Switch. Why not have the joycons work solo when you can take them off when you play on the TV? Zelda doesn't use it, Mario Kart still has normal multiplayer, Splatoon doesn't seem to use it, Mario Odyssey does not seem like it will use it... It's fine if you don't like Nintendo's direction of being different from the "norm" but I understand why they think they need to do it. Their games still come out, so I don't mind it.

P.S. The Wii U failed because.... Yes I agree, it was a pop culture fad. That audience is still out there though. They just play garbage on their phones. The Wii just tapped into that market before smart phones became the more important piece of technology... maybe ever?
Sorry for cutting your post up. I just had to restrain myself from off-topic commenting on everything. (even though this is still a pretty long post, doh)

My white one just came, brand spanking new baby.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/nintendo/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

The following are marked as "New Low Price":

WiiU

Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard  $30

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash  $25

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker + amiibo  $20

3DS

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer  $20

Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash  $15

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M  $15

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience  $15

Tri Force Heroes  $20

Yokai Watch  $20

Accessories

Wii Remote Plus (Special Edition: Yoshi)  $25

Wii Remote Plus (Special Edition: Toad)  $25

Wii Party U is $20 now. I'm pretty sure it was $25 or $30 before, wasn't it? Here's hoping some other games get further price drops or they add some more discontinued games like Wii Party U to the store. Someone please post if they do.

bread's done
Back