Nintendo eShop Cards 20% off at Best Buy (Until March 1)

Does anyone know how the cards are delivered if purchased online? Is it a code that is emailed or do they physically ship the card?

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably wait till the morning so I don't have to wait on the cards in the mail.

With all the eShop releases coming out in the next 60-90 days, now's the perfect time to stock up on the ol' eShop balance. Great deal!

Grabbed Bravely Default with a card I grabbed from BB. Got the day off tomorrow so should be able to put some time into it. May grab another few cards but aside from Mighty No. 9 I'm not sure what I'll be wanting from the eshop

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have a stack of cards from the last sale.  Right now it looks like I'm set unless Nintendo releases their SNES back catalog, then I'll need a LOT more cards.

Do you mind posting what eshop releases are coming out? Is there a thread dedicated eshop releases?
In the six months I've been using the eShop it seems to drop titles without much warning. A few like Mario Bros get an announcement but no exact dates. But most just appear so if we had a thread it would be all wishful thinking. There have been hints/rumors of SNES titles which has had me excited for as long as I've had the 3DS. But it's hard to stay so excited without any payoff for too long.

Just a heads up for others, the cap for credit on a single Nintendo account is $200.  So if you are stocking up I'd probably keep it under that amount unless you're fine with holding onto unused eshop cards. 

Tempted to buy a $50 card but I'm just starting to wonder if I'm actually every going to buy anything from the e-shop or Virtual Console. 

Tempted to buy a $50 card but I'm just starting to wonder if I'm actually every going to buy anything from the e-shop or Virtual Console.
pokemon battle trozei, phoenix wright are eshop exclusives IIRC.

Other then that, you could always leave a 50 dollar balance in the eshop and wait for a decent sale. The only down side of digital is you can't trade it in or lend to a friend.

So I'm trying to pay with Paypal online, but it's not working. It just brings me to a completely white page and nothing happens when I try to pay. Anyone know a way around this?

pokemon battle trozei, phoenix wright are eshop exclusives IIRC.

Other then that, you could always leave a 50 dollar balance in the eshop and wait for a decent sale. The only down side of digital is you can't trade it in or lend to a friend.
Don't forget these are Nintendo systems so if your system is lost, stolen, or breaks your eshop games are gone forever. Period.

And contrary to what Nintendo says, no they will not restore them for you. At least not until after a long, drawn out hard fought battle that you won't win without some pull with the company. Maybe if your system breaks you'll have better luck if you ship it in?

bread's done
Back