Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Maybe they reveal the new hardware during the summer around the usual E3 But Not E3 time. Launching it during the next fiscal year is the only safe bet. That gives them until April 2025. Dunno why they wouldn’t want want those 2024 Holiday sales, but maybe they feel like they can squeeze some more blood from the current Switch stone.
One possibility is that Nintendo doesn't want to "holiday rush" the titles that would sell the system just for the sake of having it available for Xmas.

One possibility is that Nintendo doesn't want to "holiday rush" the titles that would sell the system just for the sake of having it available for Xmas.

That would a very logical reason. Even if the hardware is ready and warehouses are filling up before christmas, it would be a bad idea to launch the system without some system selling software. Plus this gives them one more holiday to work towards liquidating as much of the old hardware as possible with BF deals. Like that last batch of standard NEW 2DS's that walmart had.

That would a very logical reason. Even if the hardware is ready and warehouses are filling up before christmas, it would be a bad idea to launch the system without some system selling software. Plus this gives them one more holiday to work towards liquidating as much of the old hardware as possible with BF deals. Like that last batch of standard NEW 2DS's that walmart had.

Not like the Walmart 2DS batch as that was in 2020.

Rumor has it we'll be seeing something having to do with Gold and Silver and oh boy, I hope so. Let's Go Johto? Legends Johto? Whatever it is, I hope they do Johto justice because Gold and Silver are the best mainline Pokemon games and Heartgold and Soulsilver are the best mainline remakes. Can't wait to be disappointed by what the actual announcement is!
Did you hear that Microsoft is going to stop making consoles?

Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase is live:

Summary
  • Grounded - 4/16
  • Ender Magnolia: Bloom in the Mist - 2024
  • Arranger: A Role-Puzzling Adventure - Summer 2024
  • Unicorn Overlord - 3/8 - Demo Out Today
  • Monster Hunter Stories - Summer 2024
  • Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed - 2024
  • Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance - 6/21
  • Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - 3/14
  • South Park: Snow Day - 3/26
  • Sword Art Online Fractured Daydream - 2024
  • Gundam Breaker 4 - 2024
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble - 6/25 - Switch Exclusive
  • World of Goo 2 - 5/23 - Console Launch Exclusive
  • Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time - 10/10
  • Another Crab's Treasure - 4/25
  • Penny's Big Breakaway - Out Today
  • Suika Game Multi-Player Mode Expansion Pack - Out Today - Online MP will come later
  • Pepper Grinder - 3/28 - Demo Out Today
  • Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! - Out Today, Demo also out today
  • Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley - 3/7
  • Tales of Kenzera: ZAU - 4/23
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Sweep the Board! - 4/26
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition - 3/15
  • Contra: Operation Galuga - 3/12
  • Pentiment - 2/22
  • Endless Ocean: Luminous - 5/2
Rare games coming to NSO or NSO + Expansion Pack today
  • Snake Rattle 'N' Roll - NES
  • R.C. Pro-Am - NES
  • Battletoads in Battlemaniacs - SNES
  • Killer Instinct - SNES
  • Blast Corps - N64

Last edited:
The real big news of the day:

Picross S+ will be out 2/29 for $4.99. It's the puzzles of Picross e with DLC to get the other games' puzzles available as DLC.

This release boasts a total of 300 puzzles for Picross and Mega Picross, including puzzles from the first Picross e game.

You can purchase puzzles from Picross e2 through e9 as downloadable content.

The number of puzzles after purchasing all downloadable content totals to 1,350 Picross and Mega Picross puzzles, and 565 Clip Picross Piece puzzles.

Micross Puzzles Makes Their Return as Clip Picross Puzzles!

Micross puzzles will be arranged and included as Clip Picross puzzles.

Clip Picross will be added to downloadable content for Picross e2, e4, e5, e6, e7, e8, and e9.

Brand New Bonus Puzzles are Also Included!

Purchase the downloadable content and bonus puzzles will be unlocked in your Gift Box.

The number of bonus puzzles after purchasing all downloadable content totals to 60 Picross and Mega Picross puzzles, and 10 Color Picross puzzles.

The unlocked puzzles are based on motifs from the titles of each series.

Pocket Jockey was amazing although I think I earned every trophy but one on the 3DS, so that one will be a heavy sale game for me. Biggest wants from this direct for me were Gundam Breakers 4, Monster Hunter Stories (missed the 3DS one and the physical copies became too expensive), Fantasy Life i (my favorite type of these games other than Rune Factory and Story of Seasons) and lastly Penny's Big Breakaway. I'm glad platformers are gaining a bit more prominence again these days.

Also very cool about Picross S+. I need more Picross like I need a hole in the head but Mega Picross puzzles regardless are fun to me. I don't do the easier puzzles anymore.

Endless Ocean is $50! The Wii game was only $30 and came with a wiispeak accessory :rofl:
And none of the Endless Ocean games have really done a decent job of capturing actual diving. Obviously you don't want to do all the technical details, but it really doesn't even seem to try. It doesn't look real (even this new one), and it's just a hodge podge of sealife thrown together in areas where they really wouldn't be together, almost zoo-like. And for the leaning on the third person view and co-op functions, the gear doesn't look real either - it looks more like something out of Subnautica. They either need to embrace realism, or embrace fantasy - not both.

Pocket Card Jockey Ride On! has been on Apple Arcade for about a year. Never played the 3DS version but have had a blast with the new one.

My main stuff from this partners direct were, Fantasy Life i & SMT:V Vengeance. Fantasy Life is a likely purchase early on and SMTV:Vengeance will be when it's $30 or less.

I'm also intrigued by Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal Edition and Arranger: A Role-Puzzling Adventure. I'll likely keep an eye on the feedback for these and hope for demos.

Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! is out now for $15.00:

Penny's Big Breakaway is out now for $29.99:

Suika Game's Multi-Player Mode Expansion Pack is out now for $2.25:

Pepper Grinder's demo is out now:

Contra: Operation Galuga's demo is out now:

Unicorn Overlord's demo is out now:

I've told this story on here before, but Pocket Card Jockey holds a special place in my heart because it was the only game I had the energy to play after I caught a horrific strain of the flu on my Disney World honeymoon. All I would do was wake up in the morning, play "horse game" (as I called it) for a couple of hours, then just fall back asleep. It is an incredible game and I highly recommend it.

Shocked by Gundam Breaker 4 being announced and actually localized. I'll probably grab SMTVV on PS5 when it's on sale, since I never even got to the Switch version and I heard it's janky as hell on there, anyway. Cool that Epic Mickey is finally getting a remaster, though I wish it was both games in one package. Still, that was a charming little game on the Wii that had some control issues that will hopefully be fixed.

So many games run pretty bad on the Switch now it's kind of sad. We really need a powered up console already Nintendo......... I'll try out the demo on PS5 as well. It looks like a very low budget Contra game though.
Star Ocean the Second Story R is a great game (from what I have played). The game design is exactly what I wanted in it. On the Switch it takes a good 10-20 seconds to load into and out of battles. It makes the game unplayable (bad flashbacks to PSX days). Grinding out levels would take ages. If anyone has played that on PS5 I would love to know if these load times exist on there as well because I would love to play the rest of this game.

Star Ocean the Second Story R is a great game (from what I have played). The game design is exactly what I wanted in it. On the Switch it takes a good 10-20 seconds to load into and out of battles. It makes the game unplayable (bad flashbacks to PSX days). Grinding out levels would take ages. If anyone has played that on PS5 I would love to know if these load times exist on there as well because I would love to play the rest of this game.
Second Story R runs great on PS5. Pin sharp on a 4k TV. Load times are like a second or two in and out of battle and it's a locked 60fps. I need to do a second playthrough with Rena to get the other characters. That Switch performance sounds bad, but that's par for the course.

So many games run pretty bad on the Switch now it's kind of sad. We really need a powered up console already Nintendo......... I'll try out the demo on PS5 as well. It looks like a very low budget Contra game though.
Yea you can tell now the switch is getting old it needs the upgrade badly. I just completed the contra demo on PS5 and it plays smooth on there. I was able to complete it unlike the switch where I had to give up due to all the lag at the boss fight. Will wishlist it on PS5 instead of switch :cry: Seems like the perfect game for the switch but the performance issues are too much. I tried the pepper grinder demo and that played great on switch.

Yeah I'll buy VNs, Nintendo exclusives and stuff like Picross for the Switch. I don't even buy dungeon crawlers on there anymore, which kind of makes me sad that even those can sometimes have performance issues (Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk used to run so-so except for my switch becoming a hand warmer haha).

Last edited:
I'll have to try Contra on another system, because I did not like it on Switch.

Unicorn Overlord, though, ran very well and looked really good on Switch.

And none of the Endless Ocean games have really done a decent job of capturing actual diving. Obviously you don't want to do all the technical details, but it really doesn't even seem to try. It doesn't look real (even this new one), and it's just a hodge podge of sealife thrown together in areas where they really wouldn't be together, almost zoo-like. And for the leaning on the third person view and co-op functions, the gear doesn't look real either - it looks more like something out of Subnautica. They either need to embrace realism, or embrace fantasy - not both.
It is fantasy-arcade-like in that you don't need to focus too much on your diving setup or health. You could literally pet the fish or zap them with your ray gun to "heal" the sick or agitated ones. Your oxygen seemingly never ran out. The whole point was to explore, chill out, and learn about sea creatures. With the amount of painstaking detail they put into the fish, environments, and education I'm sure they're not just going to throw you into a space with great whites, goldfish, and narwhals all around you.

I just hope it's a full-fledged game and not just about the online play. I lived for completing the encyclopedia. The treasure hunting was a huge time sink as well with hundreds of items to find with your little treasure detector. You could teach your pet dolphin tricks, customize an aquarium with the fish you've encountered, and even decorate your own personal reef to attract all types of fish. I really hope all that comes back, plus we get the online stuff, but it's too early to tell.

It is fantasy-arcade-like in that you don't need to focus too much on your diving setup or health. You could literally pet the fish or zap them with your ray gun to "heal" the sick or agitated ones. Your oxygen seemingly never ran out. The whole point was to explore, chill out, and learn about sea creatures. With the amount of painstaking detail they put into the fish, environments, and education I'm sure they're not just going to throw you into a space with great whites, goldfish, and narwhals all around you.

I just hope it's a full-fledged game and not just about the online play. I lived for completing the encyclopedia. The treasure hunting was a huge time sink as well with hundreds of items to find with your little treasure detector. You could teach your pet dolphin tricks, customize an aquarium with the fish you've encountered, and even decorate your own personal reef to attract all types of fish. I really hope all that comes back, plus we get the online stuff, but it's too early to tell.

That's the thing, they put all this painstaking detail into those things, then basically just waved the diving detail part. Just sort of a walking simulator with vertical movement. I'm just of the feeling that if you want to go fantasy-like, then go all the way like Dave the Diver. If you want realism then do that. And by realism I don't necessarily mean Flight Simulator type realism, but at least give some nods that they are at least familiar with the actual activity.

But I guess I'm just salty because I was disappointed with these games. It could have been so much more than an uneventful time waster. And I'm not of the feeling that up to 29 people with you will make it better.

I really hope those rumors of the new Switch being delayed until next year are false. People that only have a Switch probably don't know that 3rd party games look and run better on a PS5 or Series X. I think the only reason a multi-console owner would buy a third party switch game would be if like they were on an airplane for a long time and wanted to beat the game while they were traveling or something. Otherwise, it's much better to play on the more powerful systems.

I really hope those rumors of the new Switch being delayed until next year are false. People that only have a Switch probably don't know that 3rd party games look and run better on a PS5 or Series X. I think the only reason a multi-console owner would buy a third party switch game would be if like they were on an airplane for a long time and wanted to beat the game while they were traveling or something. Otherwise, it's much better to play on the more powerful systems.
Another reason to play on Switch might be that the online multiplayer is so much cheaper.

I played Endless Ocean 2 until I ran into an area with a ton of hammerheads everywhere. That’s how I learned I have a shark phobia.

Second Story R runs great on PS5. Pin sharp on a 4k TV. Load times are like a second or two in and out of battle and it's a locked 60fps. I need to do a second playthrough with Rena to get the other characters. That Switch performance sounds bad, but that's par for the course.
Thanks. This is good to know. I am selling my Switch version now and going to keep an eye out for a sale on the PS5 version.

Contra: Operation Galuga demo runs pretty bad with framerate drops and lag. Controls don't feel that great either but that's probably due to the performance issues. Going to try it on my PS5 and see how that runs it.

I tried the demo on PC/Steam last night. The game is good and felt fine there (and I don't have a beefy PC either). Going to try it on XBox tonight.

It plays well and feels like Contra, the dash and double jump are good editions, although the double jump kind of makes path choices irrelevant because unlike the original you just just jump back up to the top path if you fall. But it does give alternative paths on the part that is like the original's Stage 3 if you use it well. The levels are much longer with multiple sections, with the first level being basically and extended version of Stage 1 *and* Stage 3 from the original with distinct bosses at the end of both. Reminds me of the arcade version in that many don't realize Stages 5-8 of the NES port are actually all one stage in the arcade that were broken apart for the home version.

I was a big fan of WayForward's Contra 4 and it feels like that. Weapon upgrades, weapon switching, etc. It has the above mentioned dashing and double jump, they brought back wall/ceiling climbing, but got rid of the grappling hook from Contra 4. You can select "buffs" like keeping weapons after death/more health/etc. Apparently you can unlock more buffs and other things. If you beat the demo, you will get something in the full game, but it does not state what it is.

My only disappointment is the music. It's remixed from the original and sounds ok, it just doesn't have the hard rocking feel of the older games. I'm hoping one of the unlocked features is being able to use the original tunes (like Ninja Warriors Once Again did).

Walmart's pre-order bonus for Princess Peach: Showtime! is a pair of hair scrunchies:
Princess-Peach-Showtime-Nintendo-Switch-With-Exclusive-Princess-Peach-Hair-Scrunchie-2-Pack_5146f1b7-748b-4838-be3d-663bfc50c367.8c3075a6fdf37022fb855a04a78d6815.png

I love them, they're so cute! I've been trying to grow my hair out (getting rid of a side shave I've had for years) and I've started using a scrunchie on the longer half of my hair, so I kind of want these. The only scrunchie I have is a Hello Kitty one a Mercari seller gave me for free with an order, and it's made me realize I love scrunchies lol now I'm trying to research the game and convince myself to pre-order...I'm such a girl :ROFLMAO:

It's funny seeing all the guys on Twitter (excuse me, X) saying things like, "that's cute, but I have no hair" and "oh, my sister would love those!"

Can't wait to be disappointed by what the actual announcement is!
And yep, disappointed. While I admit it's probably a good idea to devote a new Legends title to Kalos since X/Y were weaker entries and they could use some lore expansion, I'm so upset we're not getting a Legends Johto. The assholes were teasing something Johto the whole video with all the Unown and then...oh, it's Lumiose City. Gee, thanks. And I know a lot of people are excited for Mega Pokemon to return, but I was personally never a huge fan of Mega Evolution because it was too gimmicky for me. Admittedly, it's the coolest of all the stupid gimmicks Pokemon has done, but it was still the beginning of this annoying gimmick era we're in. I'm just an old lady who prefers everything before X/Y lol

Hopefully, if this is a Switch 2 launch title, its framerate will actually reach the double digits. But, the quality of Pokemon games has nothing to do with the hardware they're on. It's all Gamefreak insisting on releasing a game a year and having no time to optimize them.

And yep, disappointed. While I admit it's probably a good idea to devote a new Legends title to Kalos since X/Y were weaker entries and they could use some lore expansion, I'm so upset we're not getting a Legends Johto. The assholes were teasing something Johto the whole video with all the Unown and then...oh, it's Lumiose City. Gee, thanks. And I know a lot of people are excited for Mega Pokemon to return, but I was personally never a huge fan of Mega Evolution because it was too gimmicky for me. Admittedly, it's the coolest of all the stupid gimmicks Pokemon has done, but it was still the beginning of this annoying gimmick era we're in. I'm just an old lady who prefers everything before X/Y lol

Hopefully, if this is a Switch 2 launch title, its framerate will actually reach the double digits. But, the quality of Pokemon games has nothing to do with the hardware they're on. It's all Gamefreak insisting on releasing a game a year and having no time to optimize them.
For me, I'm excited because I never played the 3DS games, so this will be my opportunity to try it out

bread's done
Back