Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Both TTYD and Luigi's Mansion 2 are up on the voucher list now as well, so both games can be purchased for $99.
I always forget about this and when I do remember there is only one game I can find that I want. Hopefully I can find a second game and pick up Paper Mario with it.

I’m so excited for thousand year door. I hope GameStop has a good preorder bonus.

Easily see Thousand Year Door getting preorder bonuses at GameStop, Target, Best Buy etc…. Along with a My Nintendo item reward for platinum coins.

Now we wait and see how good they will be.

I always forget about this and when I do remember there is only one game I can find that I want. Hopefully I can find a second game and pick up Paper Mario with it.

The vouchers are good for a year so just grab TTYD for now and hold on to the other voucher to see what titles will be announced for 2nd half of 2024.

If you can wait for the Costco sales that usually happen over the holidays, you can get $100 worth of eShop credit for $80 and then buy the voucher. The sales might happen sooner than holidays but I don't know about that. I think you have to be at Costco member though to take advantage of the deal. Of course there are other holiday deals that make the voucher cheaper too.

If you can wait for the Costco sales that usually happen over the holidays, you can get $100 worth of eShop credit for $80 and then buy the voucher. The sales might happen sooner than holidays but I don't know about that. I think you have to be at Costco member though to take advantage of the deal. Of course there are other holiday deals that make the voucher cheaper too.
FYI, Costco did not have the sale during the 2023 holidays. It’s been a long time since they had it.

Just heads up Gamefly finally did their first major price drop on used (but complete) copies of Super Mario RPG to $34.99. After 10% tax ($3.50) and shipping ($2.98) it came to $41.47 for me. So I pulled the trigger. I know there's a chance this might drop lower later, but usually $30 is the best deal before tax & shipping with the major stores.

Finally some of the best Game Boy games, though it's hilarious that Super Mario Land still isn't on there:

Before Pokemon Red/Blue came out, I had only ever played computer games. I spent months begging my parents for a Game Boy and Pokemon and finally, I got both for Christmas. But get this: after I opened a pink Game Boy Color, my dad handed me a square-shaped present saying, "Here's one from grandma." So I'm thinking, "POKEMON!!!!!" but when I opened it, it was Mario Golf! And I was like uh, ok, that's cool I guess. That game wasn't even on my radar and to this day, I have no idea if she just decided to get that for me or if one of my parents told her to get it, like no clue lol so I later opened Pokemon Red and played that to death for weeks, and once I had my fill, I tried out Mario Golf and WOW. It was so much fun! I played as the little girl character, of course (Sherry), and I eventually built up something like a 400yd drive on her. She was a beast.

So even though the first non-computer game I ever played was Pokemon Red, the first one I ever got was Mario Golf, since I opened that present first. It was a very good Christmas:D

Costco had the Eshop cards on sale for Father's Day in 2023. I'm assuming this is when it will happen this year.
They used to have it multiple times a year. In 2023 they also had them on sale end of February. Prior to 2023, it was always on sale during the Christmas holidays.

But Costco only discounts when they can get the issuer to give them the discount, it never comes out of Costco’s pocket. So maybe Nintendo isn’t giving Costco the additional discount anymore.

Well if you have a Berkeley Jensen (similar to Costco samsclub etcetera) they regularly discount eshop cards if that's a option.

Iirc drugmarts riteaids family dollars dollar tree etcetera are also places that do eshop psn and such card deals regularly.

Well if you have a Berkeley Jensen (similar to Costco samsclub etcetera) they regularly discount eshop cards if that's a option.

Iirc drugmarts riteaids family dollars dollar tree etcetera are also places that do eshop psn and such card deals regularly.
If you mean BJs Wholesale club the BJ does not stand for Berkley Jensen. That is just a brand they sell there and BJ stands for whatever the founds daughter name is.

you mean drugmarts like the Consumer Value Stores;)

I've been debating this for a while, but I'm going to take a break from participating on the threads that I created (and definitely stepping away from ones that I didn't.)

Lately I've felt that the forums here lately have becoming less about posting deals and more about petty arguments where certain users try to shout down everyone that doesn't agree with them. The loudest portion of those people seem to only want to talk about what they agree with and yell at those that they don't, and when your ignore filter keeps growing day by day... it just doesn't seem like a healthy place to be.

I'm dealing with a lot in my life and gaming used to be my relief/release and the forum provided a refuge from my challenges, but the conversations here of late are things that just make me feel worse than I did before I got here.

I know there are some good people here and I can see all of your 'pictures' in my head when I type that. It's just that right now, this community is incredibly fractured and I just don't find it mentally helpful for me.

I wish everyone here the best (including all that I ignored) and hope that this site can be a bit more of what it used to be in the past.

Lately I've felt that the forums here lately have becoming less about posting deals and more about petty arguments where certain users try to shout down everyone that doesn't agree with them.

I've had to step away from posting online during some hard times. So I totally get where you are coming from.

That said, I thankfully don't see the negative interactions you are being exposed to since I mainly post here in the eshop thread, japanese niche thread, and the LRG thread and I have no one blocked since the change over to the new forums and it seems mostly chill.

Not a deal, but in the continued absence of any efforts by Nintendo to even remember the Virtual Boy exists, it might interest some people to know that a new Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS has been released recently which reportedly runs quite well, even on old 3DSes. And it DOES have autostereoscopic 3D. I'm currently setting it up on my 3DS, so I can't give a personal recommendation yet, but I got excited and thought I'd give the heads up. This is going to be about as close to an authentic Virtual Boy experience as you can have without sticking your face into a menacing, headache-inducing tripod.

Last edited:
Not a deal, but in the continued absence of any efforts by Nintendo to even remember the Virtual Boy exists, it might interest some people to know that a new Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS has been released recently which reportedly runs quite well, even on old 3DSes. And it DOES have autostereoscopic 3D. I'm currently setting it up on my 3DS, so I can't give a personal recommendation yet, but I got excited and thought I'd give the heads up. This is going to be about as close to an authentic Virtual Boy experience as you can have without sticking your face into a menacing, headache-inducing tripod.
It is very very cool...

bread's done
Back