Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a Humble Bundle or something as the game demo was aight enough, but I can wait. It was the best mining 2D platformer I played that Steam Festival. Of course there was 2 which was odd enough.

Did you guys see this Reddit post about the NSO icons? Someone noticed that there are now requirements for redeeming some of them.

I took some screen grabs:
View attachment 409

View attachment 410

View attachment 411
===========

You must now play the game the icons relate to. For Animal Crossing you need to have played it for at least 3 non-consecutive days over the past 30 days. This seems very tedious and unnecessary for a profile picture?
Yesterday they added 4 more Mario games to this "play for at least 3 days" thing. Ew

Yesterday they added 4 more Mario games to this "play for at least 3 days" thing. Ew
They've been there since Monday of this week. I had to rotate launching 3 games every night just to do the stupid play 3 separate days 24 hours of each other for the past month. Nintendo makes some of the stupidest decisions. It was fine the way it was before 😤🤬

They've been there since Monday of this week. I had to rotate launching 3 games every night just to do the stupid play 3 separate days 24 hours of each other for the past month. Nintendo makes some of the stupidest decisions. It was fine the way it was before 😤🤬
They’re trying to wear out our cartridge slot so we’re forced into all digital.

Just wanted to post that I finally beat Super Mario Wonder and it's wonderful!! Above my expectations for sure. Incredible game! It's probably my favorite 2D Mario and I recommend it as high as you can recommend a game. A warning though, if you're going to 100% the game, there are some tough levels and the absolute toughest one opens up after you beat the game and it's pissing me off!

Just wanted to post that I finally beat Super Mario Wonder and it's wonderful!! Above my expectations for sure. Incredible game! It's probably my favorite 2D Mario and I recommend it as high as you can recommend a game. A warning though, if you're going to 100% the game, there are some tough levels and the absolute toughest one opens up after you beat the game and it's pissing me off!
Last impossible level almost broke me at the invisible part. I ended up putting a rubber band around my switch where mario is located on screen and I was finally able to beat it after that 😞

Mario Wonder is my 2023 GOTY. No other game that year gave me so much genuine fun from beginning to end. It's indeed a wonder of a game.

Still no preorder bonuses for thousand year door right?

None yet that I am aware of for the USA

The pre-order bonus for the Nintendo Store of Europe looks sweet.

UK stores so far getting sticker sheet, paper airplane and metal key chain.

Last edited:
Piffle: A Cat Puzzle Adventure base game is at its lowest price ever - $1.99
I've talked about this puzzle game before. It's breakout, but without the return paddle. You get 250 stages in the base game. The DLC ($4.95 and not on sale right now) adds 125 more stages... and then they stopped working on DLC :cry:
But it's still an adorably silly and fun game. Beating all of the levels (not 3 starring all of them - too hard) took me about 85 hours.
I will always recommend Piffle!

Last edited:
I've talked about this puzzle game before. It's breakout, but without the return paddle. You get 250 stages in the base game. The DLC ($4.95 and not on sale right now) adds 125 more stages... and then they stopped working on DLC :cry:
But it's still an adorably silly and fun game. Beating all of the levels (not 3 starring all of them - too hard) took me about 85 hours.

Thanks for this. I played the iOS version and liked it but there it’s F2P with micro transaction crap so I will happily pay $1.99 for a premium version!

Looks like a Puzzle Bobble clone more than a breakout game to me. Thanks for the heads up.

A couple days ago, I finished Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth and Hacker's Memory. It took a little over 120 hours to finish both stories. If you like Pokemon, you will definitely like Digimon. I had never played a Digimon game prior, and I really enjoyed it. Cyber Slueth and Hacker's Memory are seperate games on the cartridge, but both games are set in the same timeline. It's an interesting premise and something like I've never played before. Touches on some heavier themes than traditional fare, but largely a light game. Highly recommend for monster-catching fans who enjoy Pokemon, Monster Hunter Stories, Nexomon, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.

If he’s talking about MegaTen, I guess like… Futaba or Ringo? I don’t think that’s a particularly kind way to refer to them, though.

A couple days ago, I finished Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth and Hacker's Memory. It took a little over 120 hours to finish both stories. If you like Pokemon, you will definitely like Digimon. I had never played a Digimon game prior, and I really enjoyed it. Cyber Slueth and Hacker's Memory are seperate games on the cartridge, but both games are set in the same timeline. It's an interesting premise and something like I've never played before. Touches on some heavier themes than traditional fare, but largely a light game. Highly recommend for monster-catching fans who enjoy Pokemon, Monster Hunter Stories, Nexomon, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.
I love Cyber Sleuth. It and the original .hack games paint what I feel is a very realistic picture of what the future will look like. Add in Soul Hackers 2, as well, just minus using a Pip Boy/duel disk to summon demons.

Eww I don't want a future with minor Spoiler

organ harvesting while people are online and unable to go back to their bodies.

I know this isn't eShop, but... Staples has a $30 off Switch games coupon in their mobile app right now, if you are a Staples reward member.

I had to grab some binder clips, and my local staples had 5-6 games left. Princess Peach for $30 seemed like it would be worth it for a gift later this year...

Qubic Games is doing a thing again
Over 100 games on sale for 20 cents each

You just have to own one of their games. Coloring Book is free if you somehow don’t after all these years.

Out of these I’d recommend Neodori Forever, Death’s Hangover, Rimelands and the bit.trip stuff. There’s some stuff here that hasn’t yet been in one of their giveaways or sales, like Pocket Quest which looks neat.

Hard to argue with 20 cents each though I've yet to play any of these Qubic games that keeps my attention for more than a couple of sessions. Plus it seems likely there will be another free event in a few months. But I've been meaning to play Dex for years, maybe having it on the Switch will make that finally happen.

I know this isn't eShop, but... Staples has a $30 off Switch games coupon in their mobile app right now, if you are a Staples reward member.

I had to grab some binder clips, and my local staples had 5-6 games left. Princess Peach for $30 seemed like it would be worth it for a gift later this year...
Word of warning - it is a one-time use coupon that will only work on one game in a transaction. I purchased Mario Kart, Switch Sports, and Kirby: Return to Dreamland. Switch Sports was $29.97 on clearance and Kirby was $35.46 on clearance, so the register selected Mario Kart for the discount.

I love Cyber Sleuth. It and the original .hack games paint what I feel is a very realistic picture of what the future will look like. Add in Soul Hackers 2, as well, just minus using a Pip Boy/duel disk to summon demons.
I've been playing Project X Zone 2 on my 3DS, and it introduced me to elements of the .hack games. I am considering getting the Switch .hack // GU: Last Recode or whatever crazy title, but it doesn't seem to be quite as excellent as the original games. Still, it's what I can play now in 2024. Have you played Recode?

I love .hack//IMOQ so much and have been attempting to manifest a remake/remaster for years. I loved reading the news stories and emails on the desktop and just thinking, "dude, there's some serious shit going on in the real world" lol
The number of times I would play the game, and just go to the Cathedral just to listen to the music. I loved the story, the action, all of it. Definitely a highlight of the PS2 era. I too am hoping that CyberConnect will come to their senses and remake IMOQ.

bread's done
Back