Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I'm buying a handful of the Qubic games that are on sale. My nephew comes over every once in a while and wants to play games together, but he's just a little too young to be very good at things like Smash or Mario. I thought some simpler games would be easier and help build up his skills.

The number of times I would play the game, and just go to the Cathedral just to listen to the music. I loved the story, the action, all of it. Definitely a highlight of the PS2 era. I too am hoping that CyberConnect will come to their senses and remake IMOQ.

Don’t ask CyberConnect, ask Bamco. They’re the IP-owners, it’s up to then.

It’s a shame so many of CC2’s best IPs are owned by companies that don’t want to do anything with them.

I've been playing Project X Zone 2 on my 3DS, and it introduced me to elements of the .hack games. I am considering getting the Switch .hack // GU: Last Recode or whatever crazy title, but it doesn't seem to be quite as excellent as the original games. Still, it's what I can play now in 2024. Have you played Recode?
I have, and I have very little love for GU compared to IMOQ. In my opinion, the inferior .hack was remastered, as GU fails to live up to its predecessor in nearly every department. For starters, the characters and story are absolutely nonsensical and play out like a confusing fanfiction based on the stories that came before it. Without going too far into spoilers, basically there was this group of big bads in IMOQ called Phases that were supposedly unstoppable, rogue programs hellbent on destruction. In GU, certain playable characters are aligned with these Phases, allowing them to summon Avatars of them. Of course, Haseo, our resident edgelord, is aligned with Skeith, the first (and coolest) phase also known as The Terror of Death. It's so edge, you'll find cuts mysteriously appearing on your body as you play. The overall writing is just so heavy-handed that it seems to forget sometimes that this is an MMO and the characters we're playing as are being "controlled" by real people on PCs. I mean yes, the characters talk about the real world and there's plenty of real-world elements like news stories and forums, but what happens inside The World gets so over the top, it really just leaves the realm of possibility for what could happen to a corrupt AI/video game.

The gameplay is basically a dungeon crawling hack and slash (think Phantasy Star Online, the game .hack was heavily inspired by), but it streamlines IMOQ's very menu-heavy gameplay, which admittedly does make the combat snappier. Also, Kite in IMOQ only has access to one weapon, while Haseo starts with only one but eventually gains access to three others, giving you more variety. Now, a lot of people prefer GU's combat since you're not pausing it constantly to go through seven menus to use an item or order a party member to heal. I prefer the original style, but this aspect is more subjective. I thought the combat was fine, but very repetitive.

The exploration in GU is a lot more boring, due to the lack of variety in the fields and dungeons. IMOQ had 8 different fields and 4 different dungeons across all 4 entries. In GU, you'll often find yourself in the same 1 or 2 fields and dungeons until the third entry, which introduces 1 or 2 more but then abandons the previous ones. In other words, the areas are horrifically repetitive and you'll get sick of them real fast. It doesn't help that the music is far from as memorable as IMOQ's OST, so being in the same areas constantly also means you'll be hearing the same uninspired tracks over and over.

I'd give the original IMOQ series a 9/10 with nostalgia glasses on and an 8/10 with them off. As for GU, I'd go 5/10 with my hate hat on and a 6/10 with it off. It's not a bad game, but it's just not as interesting as IMOQ. Back when GU came out, I saw people saying it was darker and more mature because it had cursing, which should tell you all you need to know about the story. But, it's not a bad time waster and does do some interesting things like Avatar battles, Haseo's class variations, and the Arena. Just don't expect anything groundbreaking.

Of course, all of my complaints are moot since GU's pure fanservice sold better than IMOQ, so that's why it's the one that got the remaster (plus it didn't look as bad as IMOQ does, so it was probably easier to clean up). Sigh.

As of recoded haseo added a 4th weapon to his list. Though the heavy blade and scythe were pretty useless and mainly for armor break on specific enemies.

His twin blade with the ghost step type move for charged attack was the only good one. It's a shame they couldn't get better equipment with more variety in charged moves especially given how few weapons they even have. The dragonfly or whatever ones you have to go out of your way to even get a pair of otherwise there is a huge level gap between the previous one and the reapers scissors and needle rippers.

I have, and I have very little love for GU compared to IMOQ. In my opinion, the inferior .hack was remastered, as GU fails to live up to its predecessor in nearly every department. For starters, the characters and story are absolutely nonsensical and play out like a confusing fanfiction based on the stories that came before it. Without going too far into spoilers, basically there was this group of big bads in IMOQ called Phases that were supposedly unstoppable, rogue programs hellbent on destruction. In GU, certain playable characters are aligned with these Phases, allowing them to summon Avatars of them. Of course, Haseo, our resident edgelord, is aligned with Skeith, the first (and coolest) phase also known as The Terror of Death. It's so edge, you'll find cuts mysteriously appearing on your body as you play. The overall writing is just so heavy-handed that it seems to forget sometimes that this is an MMO and the characters we're playing as are being "controlled" by real people on PCs. I mean yes, the characters talk about the real world and there's plenty of real-world elements like news stories and forums, but what happens inside The World gets so over the top, it really just leaves the realm of possibility for what could happen to a corrupt AI/video game.

The gameplay is basically a dungeon crawling hack and slash (think Phantasy Star Online, the game .hack was heavily inspired by), but it streamlines IMOQ's very menu-heavy gameplay, which admittedly does make the combat snappier. Also, Kite in IMOQ only has access to one weapon, while Haseo starts with only one but eventually gains access to three others, giving you more variety. Now, a lot of people prefer GU's combat since you're not pausing it constantly to go through seven menus to use an item or order a party member to heal. I prefer the original style, but this aspect is more subjective. I thought the combat was fine, but very repetitive.

The exploration in GU is a lot more boring, due to the lack of variety in the fields and dungeons. IMOQ had 8 different fields and 4 different dungeons across all 4 entries. In GU, you'll often find yourself in the same 1 or 2 fields and dungeons until the third entry, which introduces 1 or 2 more but then abandons the previous ones. In other words, the areas are horrifically repetitive and you'll get sick of them real fast. It doesn't help that the music is far from as memorable as IMOQ's OST, so being in the same areas constantly also means you'll be hearing the same uninspired tracks over and over.

I'd give the original IMOQ series a 9/10 with nostalgia glasses on and an 8/10 with them off. As for GU, I'd go 5/10 with my hate hat on and a 6/10 with it off. It's not a bad game, but it's just not as interesting as IMOQ. Back when GU came out, I saw people saying it was darker and more mature because it had cursing, which should tell you all you need to know about the story. But, it's not a bad time waster and does do some interesting things like Avatar battles, Haseo's class variations, and the Arena. Just don't expect anything groundbreaking.

Of course, all of my complaints are moot since GU's pure fanservice sold better than IMOQ, so that's why it's the one that got the remaster (plus it didn't look as bad as IMOQ does, so it was probably easier to clean up). Sigh.
I definitely love IMOQ over GU, but I love to see the characters that existed in IMOQ and carried over to GU (mostly Piros, because I love him so much), but yes, the two have such a different feel to them

I definitely love IMOQ over GU, but I love to see the characters that existed in IMOQ and carried over to GU (mostly Piros, because I love him so much), but yes, the two have such a different feel to them
Endrance. I laughed my ass off when it was revealed who was playing him. And yes, I agree it was cool to see what the old cast was up to. Piros is an absolute gem of a character.

Most of the characters from. Hack sign/imoq are nothing like the gu counterparts. With the exception of piros the 3rd who remains the annoyance throughout everything. If nothing else he's consistent.

I refuse to acknowledge sora or natsumes becoming completely different characters That are polar opposite of their original selves. And helbas makes no sense at all so that was just dumb.

Ender being replaced was a damn shame. Bordeaux reminded me of her a bit.
Yatas shenanigans were the straw that broke the camel though.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to alkaid/yowkow.

Summary
  • Little Kitty Big City - May 9
  • Yars Rising - 2024
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game - Summer 2024 - Timed Console Exclusive
  • Sticky Business - Out Today - Timed Console Exclusive
  • Antonblast - November 12 - Demo Out Today - Timed Console Exclusive
  • Valley Peaks - 2024
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes - May 16
  • Europa - 2024 - Demo Out Today
  • TMNT Splintered Fate - July - Timed Console Exclusive
  • Cat Quest III - August 8
  • Stitch - Out Today - Console Exclusive
  • Bzzzt - Summer
  • Schim - July 18
  • Animal Well - May 9
  • Duck Detective: The Secret Salami - May 23
  • Another Crab's Treasure - April 25
  • SteamWorld Heist II - August 8

Last edited:
Steamworld Heist 2 skyrockets to top of my most anticipated games this year. Steamworld games are always so damn good and the first Heist was the best out of all of them.

Little Kitty reminds me so much of Untitled Goose Game, I may just take the plunge and pre-order it. This year has been weird, the only new games I've bought were smaller preordered digital titles on the Switch.

Little Kitty reminds me so much of Untitled Goose Game, I may just take the plunge and pre-order it.
Totally, it's basically Untitled Cat Game and I'm here for it because I loved that stupid goose game. I love the cat's cute moon-shaped eyes and the animations look really good. I'll probably grab it pretty soon, too.

The SNES controller is still my favorite feeling controller and the seamless Steam support has meant I use it more for PC gaming than I do on my Switch because the only game I've ever found it work well for the Switch on (other than the retro stuff) was Dead Cells.

The SNES controller is still my favorite feeling controller and the seamless Steam support has meant I use it more for PC gaming than I do on my Switch because the only game I've ever found it work well for the Switch on (other than the retro stuff) was Dead Cells.
It’s pretty good for Tetris, Mario Wonder, Mario Maker

For the SN30, it’s the wider compatibility, wider selection of colors (I have the Game-Boy-inspired version of the Pro), and the Pro model (which maintains the reasonably authentic feel with a nearly full modern accompaniment of inputs, which gives you more options with games from other systems). The build quality and durability is essentially first party in my experience, and the d-pad feels just like a Nintendo d-pad from the early 90s to me.

For the M30, it’s because of the comfortable handfeel, and the very nearly authentic Genesis/Saturn-style d-pad, which is easily my favorite general use d-pad ever made (though the SNES one is probably a bit better for platformers). Same deal on build quality, durability, and compatibility, too.

I have four different controllers from 8bitdo now (SN30 Pro, M30, NeoGeo, and their Arcade Stick), and they’re great quality devices—not absolute top of the line, but excellent at the price points they’re offered at. I’ve used a lot of 3rd party controllers over the years, and the only other brand I’ve tried that isn’t trying to be absolute top of the line that compares favorably with 8bitdo or first party in terms of feel is RetroBit, but they have some reliability issues. The fact that they go on sale on Amazon fairly regularly is a nice bonus, too.

Last edited:
Okay, SN30 pro has the nubs though for 2D, I find the nubs in the way. I have the GB classic SN30 pro + and like it. Also have a few SN30 and M30. The official SNES controller is actually decent value if you get 2 for $60 with free shipping.

I ended up using it a lot with FZero 99.

Picross -LogiartGrimoire- is out now on Switch for $19.99 with a 35% launch discount:

There's also a demo if you want to check it out. I think the general premise is that you're solving puzzles and then fusing them to make more puzzles as you fill out this grimoire and unlock more puzzles to do.

I'd have to shut my switch off and just stick another 128gb microsd in to partake in a demo like that. Lol. Thank goodness I don't care about the nba that much. I've also resisted the occasional deal where the previous season game is like $5 or $10 because the download kills the deal.

Play Asia has a three for $100 games deal with free worldwide shipping that seems to include most of the major titles like Mario Wonder and even some pre-orders like Paper Mario so long as you're okay with Japanese versions. They have some games in other versions but the selection varies a lot.

So I've been really curious about Endless Ocean Luminous since the announcement, since I love aquariums and sea life and I had a lot of fun playing Subnautica (different type of game, but still has ocean exploration) and my favorite part of Dave the Diver, a game I admit to have been disappointed by, was the exploration. Since there's no pre-order bonus, I'll probably wait until reviews come out to get it because I'm curious if it's very multiplayer heavy and if it gets boring after a while. It'll be a good use of my May $5 coupon for Gamestop. Anyone interested in this one? I know Paper Mario is kind of overshadowing it, but that's lower on the priority list for me since I still have the Gamecube version.

I mean I have very little interest in Paper Mario likely getting it sometime after I finish Super Mario RPG. Endless Ocean games are known to be pretty casual and pretty looking, so if that's what you want go for it. I'm passing on both for now mainly since I'm swamped in games period and new games as well (Eiyuden Chronicles, Stellar Blade, and probably Saga Emerald for me). I'm so ready for a stronger switch though as nostalgia can only take me so far. I do hope the ocean game runs well on the Switch.

So I've been really curious about Endless Ocean Luminous since the announcement, since I love aquariums and sea life and I had a lot of fun playing Subnautica (different type of game, but still has ocean exploration) and my favorite part of Dave the Diver, a game I admit to have been disappointed by, was the exploration. Since there's no pre-order bonus, I'll probably wait until reviews come out to get it because I'm curious if it's very multiplayer heavy and if it gets boring after a while. It'll be a good use of my May $5 coupon for Gamestop. Anyone interested in this one? I know Paper Mario is kind of overshadowing it, but that's lower on the priority list for me since I still have the Gamecube version.
I preordered the physical copy of Endless Ocean back in March. Definitely riding the nostalgia train all the way :bouncy:

There was a recent Nintendo Life poll asking who was buying it and most people answered "no", or "thinking about it". The price point seems like a huge turn off. My biggest concern is it not having as much content as Blue World. That, and getting motion sickness :sick:

I preordered the physical copy of Endless Ocean back in March. Definitely riding the nostalgia train all the way :bouncy:

There was a recent Nintendo Life poll asking who was buying it and most people answered "no", or "thinking about it". The price point seems like a huge turn off. My biggest concern is it not having as much content as Blue World. That, and getting motion sickness :sick:
I actually answered that poll with "thinking about it" lol I was sad to see how many people straight up said no, though. I love when old Nintendo IPs are revived, even if I personally have no experience with them like with Endless Ocean. I think my biggest concerns are if its singleplayer is really bare bones compared to the multiplayer and if the aging Switch hardware holds it back from looking as amazing as it could.

For what it’s worth, I get motion sickness quite easily from games—Twilight Princess’s swimming sections gave me trouble, for instance—, and I didn’t have a problem with Endless Ocean 2. A lot could change, of course.

For what it’s worth, I get motion sickness quite easily from games—Twilight Princess’s swimming sections gave me trouble, for instance—, and I didn’t have a problem with Endless Ocean 2. A lot could change, of course.
Same. But it's been a good while since I played EO2 Blue World. I play call of duty every day and do fine, but I tried to play Pupperazzi and Bugsnax on gamepass and I couldn't do it. With Powerwash Simulator I just play for short bursts and fix the camera every chance I get.

If EO Luminous (it really needs a shorter name) makes me sick I'll just have to fight thru it.

Am I the only one who has purchased a bunch of the 20 cent games on sale from qubic games even though no time to play the games I have? I'm a sick sick puppy.

bread's done
Back