Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I agree with this. I enjoyed exploring the world in Origami King but the battle system was tedious and agitating. It would have been fine for a mini-game or a handful of boss battles, but basing an entire game on that system was a terrible idea. It simply isn't fun. If anyone but Nintendo made it I'd say pick it up when it's $20, but of course since this is Nintendo we're talking about we'll all be dead by then.
I was not a huge fane of oragami king, it was fun for about 5 hours, but the battle system is bad. If you are into JRPGs then Xenoblade is a great one.
For regular battles it's usually not too annoying. But yeah some of the boss battles were just dumb/poorly designed to be overly complicated and or obtuse. Like the pencil case or the polar bear. Polar bear is stupidly hard due to all the field hazards it creates. ice spaces that freeze if you step over them is bad enough but then it added in the labyrinth on top if that and just chunks of ice on spaces. It seems like they sort of knew how tedious it was since they give you the pay coins to have toads solve the puzzle parts for you occasionally.

So does anyone think the Zelda Game & Watch will actually be hard to find? I still see tons of the Mario one on shelves at this point.. then shade of green they picked isn't really calling out to me (still going to get one...) 

Just watched the direct on youtube - nothing I am super exited about for 2021. I guess Square Enix is still negotiating terms before deciding on which console gets the 2D-HD remakes of FF1-6? Surprised there wasn't an updated trailer on "triangle strategery..."  :oldman:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's everyone's thoughts on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for $11.99? I loved the original, though I never got to do its multiplayer (only child, few friends, and by the time I met my husband, we lacked the functioning Gameboys to play it), so I played it alone and felt it was a bit tedious that way. Unfortunately, thanks to Square's braindead decision to not include local multiplayer, I will once again be playing alone. I might try online multiplayer, but I really don't like being stuck with teammates that are strangers. So, is this still good for a solo player, or is it grindy and cumbersome? Is twelve bucks a good deal for a solo player?

Just in case some of you don't visit the Target B2G1 thread, the new Switch pre-orders (Metroid Dread, Advance Wars, Mario Party, Wario Ware) are currently eligible for the promotion (and probably not for long). I pre-ordered Metroid for $40.

-Update- No longer available.

Just in case some of you don't visit the Target B2G1 thread, the new Switch pre-orders (Metroid Dread, Advance Wars, Mario Party, Wario Ware) are currently eligible for the promotion (and probably not for long). I pre-ordered Metroid for $40.
You are the true hero of Brinstar.

Ordered the new party, metroid, and advanced wars. Tempted to cancel party superstars

Thanks!

I had been looking for something to pair Astral Chain with yesterday...and now that's sold out for shipping and it won't let me pick up in store.  Oh well.

Ordered the three $60 pre-orders mentioned and may cancel the non-Metroid ones.

What's everyone's thoughts on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for $11.99? I loved the original, though I never got to do its multiplayer (only child, few friends, and by the time I met my husband, we lacked the functioning Gameboys to play it), so I played it alone and felt it was a bit tedious that way. Unfortunately, thanks to Square's braindead decision to not include local multiplayer, I will once again be playing alone. I might try online multiplayer, but I really don't like being stuck with teammates that are strangers. So, is this still good for a solo player, or is it grindy and cumbersome? Is twelve bucks a good deal for a solo player?
I'm wondering the same. I played a good amount of the original solo and remember it being fun. Any comments on the new one? Is it basically just a slightly updated version of the original?

Target pulled the Switch pre-orders. Hope you got your orders in.

Picked up BotW expansion and Part Time UFO from BB ($20 cert brought it down to $0.28). 100 gold coins for BotW expansion, 45 for UFO.

Still considering Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace for $15 and Golf Story for $7.49.

Still considering Steins;Gate My Darling's Embrace for $15
Just to weigh in, I bought and played this earlier this year when it was under $15. I'm a big fan of the original S;G, and have played all the other spinoffs. I would rank Darling's Embrace tied for last with 8-bit adventure in quality. So, I would say play 0 or Linear first if you haven't.

Just to weigh in, I bought and played this earlier this year when it was under $15. I'm a big fan of the original S;G, and have played all the other spinoffs. I would rank Darling's Embrace tied for last with 8-bit adventure in quality. So, I would say play 0 or Linear first if you haven't.
I like the idea of a light-hearted take on S;G. I love the original anime and movie, but S;G 0 not so much (other than the last few eps).

While I haven't played them, I have S;G on PC and possibly S;G 0 somewhere.

I like the idea of a light-hearted take on S;G. I love the original anime and movie, but S;G 0 not so much (other than the last few eps).

While I haven't played them, I have S;G on PC and possibly S;G 0 somewhere.
I would check out Linear Bounded Phenogram first. It's also just inconsequential side stories but does a better job with humor and overall quality than MDE.

Retailers are now matching sale prices on codes.

Of particular note, Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition is an $80 game discounted to $15 on Amazon and Target, so that should get you a good $4 in Gold Coins when redeeemed.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1405158892116406274
Thanks! Played Mario + Rabbids back when it came out and really enjoyed it but never tried the DLC. Since I traded my copy in years ago, I bought the Gold version on Amazon for those sweet sweet coins.

Interesting article on Kotaku speculating on why Nintendo didn’t announce a new Switch model. Makes sense with Nintendo being Nintendo, they’ve never been the most consumer friendly company when it comes to putting new consoles in people’s hands (all those rumors about controlled shortages to build demand with the Wii and the mini consoles), so not severely shocking that they might decide to hold off on an announcement between the leaks and chip shortages.

https://kotaku.com/why-was-nintendos-switch-pro-missing-from-e3-1846986576

Interesting article on Kotaku speculating on why Nintendo didn’t announce a new Switch model. Makes sense with Nintendo being Nintendo, they’ve never been the most consumer friendly company when it comes to putting new consoles in people’s hands (all those rumors about controlled shortages to build demand with the Wii and the mini consoles), so not severely shocking that they might decide to hold off on an announcement between the leaks and chip shortages.

Heh, just read that article. Kind of a long walk to get to ::shrug:: we don't know.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Chip shortages and a lack of compelling software are the most likely reasons the Pro in still under wraps. The Switch has always straddled the line between being a successor to Nintendo's portables and a successor to their home consoles. What they showed this year very much had the feel of the Switch as a portable system. I feel like they need more big AAA console-type games ready to show before they can unveil the Pro. Breath of the Wild 2 is a great start but until they're ready to show off Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, and hopefully at least one more big title I doubt we'll see the Pro. It would be weird as hell to unveil the system and then show it running WarioWare, Advance Wars, and Metroid Dread.

Pre-ordered Advance Wars, Metroid, and Mario Party from Target.

I like Wario Ware, but I really wasn't feeling any of what they showed. Looked like Wario Ware mixed with Wario Land, which sounds okay on paper, but the execution of that is microgames all based around platforming. I think that would get extremely stale. Yeah, there's variety in the characters I guess, but I was surprised at how much it all didn't vibe with me.

Pre-ordered Advance Wars, Metroid, and Mario Party from Target.

I like Wario Ware, but I really wasn't feeling any of what they showed. Looked like Wario Ware mixed with Wario Land, which sounds okay on paper, but the execution of that is microgames all based around platforming. I think that would get extremely stale. Yeah, there's variety in the characters I guess, but I was surprised at how much it all didn't vibe with me.
It looked like there was a fair bit that used cursor control?

I ordered Advance Wars, Wario, and Mario Party. I'm holding out for the special edition on Metroid. The B2G1 pricing definitely takes the sting out of the price for these titles.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Is Spongebob: Krusty Cook-Off worth it at 66% off (currently $9.99)? From what I gather looking at reviews is the game is pretty decent but the $29.99 price tag was a big turn off.

They probably saw the leaks and cancelled the whole thing.

I just gotta say that I officially hate myself for taking this long to try out Hades... It's a must have title that represents its genre beautifully.

Buy Hades now if you havnt given it a go yet!

Bought myself Forager in the current sale. Considering Nexomon and Slay the Spire too. I don't usually go for rougelikes, but this one seems so popular...I'm tempted.

It seems odd that Age of Calamity isn't on sale.
Consider that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 hasn’t been on sale since long before the Pyra/Mythra Smash reveal/release (in fact, the physical version appears to have gone out of print in the meantime). Nintendo of America does not believe in cross-promotion apparently.

Yeah seems to happen around the same time.  If anyone is still hunting the 2ds refurbished systems, start checking around 10am cst through around noon.   Use this page:  Nintendo 3DS | 2DS .

On a side note, I did take out my 2ds (I think it's considered the ruby verison or something... it's mostly white with a few red accents)... and it is perfect.  Like no scratches or anything.  Looks like they just took some units from the factory and boxed them up as refurbished.  It is remarkably comfortable to hold.  Makes for a good end table system (something to just sit there when there's an itch to game).   I like that the sleep mode is triggered by a physical switch as it feels locked and not easy to accidentally turn back on.  Too bad they didn't make the new 2DS XL in this form factor.

Received my refurbished scarlet red 2DS. It is immaculate! No scratches on the screens or body. Had it come with the original red stylus instead of blue, I wouldn't be able to tell this wasn't brand new. Charger, manual, and AR cards included. 4GB SD card comes already in the system.

I almost thought there was something wrong when the dpad felt mushy, but I checked online and that's just how 2DS dpads are. My N3DSXL dpad is crisp so I didn't know to expect otherwise. Also coming from an XL system, I thought the smaller screen might be a problem, but it plays great. This is well worth picking up for $50.

if the 2ds xl comes back, is it worth double the price of the 2ds?
I would say yes, but it depends what you want. I prefer clam shell for screen protection, pocket fit, and grip (though I know some prefer the grip of the 2DS). I prefer playing on larger screens. There are also a few games that are New compatible only or New enhanced: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/wiki/exclusives

From what I've played with the regular 2DS though, it is a champ. Can't go wrong either way.

-Edit- I think some virtual console games were New exclusive as well, like Super Metroid.

I would say yes, but it depends what you want. I prefer clam shell for screen protection, pocket fit, and grip (though I know some prefer the grip of the 2DS). I prefer playing on larger screens. There are also a few games that are New compatible only or New enhanced: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/wiki/exclusives

From what I've played with the regular 2DS though, it is a champ. Can't go wrong either way.
i should have brought some 3ds games with me as my 2ds is being delivered today so i can try it out. I will probably pick up a 2ds xl as well if they put them up again

Yeah a NEW 2DS XL would be another solid backup system.  I initially bought one of the last stock that Walmart had but gave it to my youngest son last year on his birthday as his regular 3DS was showing it's age.

Clamshell destroys upper screens though and I don't think they ever fixed it.

bread's done
Back