Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Double post but incredibly surprised they're shipping Hogwarts Legacy on Switch. Hopefully no Cloud shenanigans, maybe it's just a low-spec game.

Double post but incredibly surprised they're shipping Hogwarts Legacy on Switch. Hopefully no Cloud shenanigans, maybe it's just a low-spec game.
Screenshot from the Switch port:

3082fe0224848c75d0e7787d0efa24e5.jpg

[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will get some flak for this, but I honestly didn't think Hogwarts Legacy looked that impressive graphically other than the spell effects. It will obviously be worse looking on the Switch. The cross gen stuff brings it down. Also feel that for Elden Ring, which has more haze/blur/sometimes simple structures and all as well. Just my opinion of course, although I'm sure there is comparison videos out there.

As predicted the Switch MicroSD cards from Walmart turned out to be bootleg crap. Return process already started. I ordered them with my grocery order, figuring the shopper would just get them from electronics. Nope.

Walmart.com has the 128 GB Nintendo branded Micro SDXC memory cards for $13.37. I've been buying several digital games on my Switch and N2DS XL and I need the space, so I got two and it came to just over $25! I have the FAT32 reformatter to make the second one work on my N2DS XL.
Mine said "Sold and shipped by Amiable.LLC", also based out of China, but shipped from Jamaica, NY.
As predicted the Switch MicroSD cards from Walmart turned out to be bootleg crap. Return process already started. I ordered them with my grocery order, figuring the shopper would just get them from electronics. Nope.
What a thriller, 10/10

Idk how it's 2022 and people are still falling for fake micro sd cards. Even people on here lol
Eh? Storage media prices are one of the few things that are holding steady or still dropping in 2022 and belief in deals that are too good to be true tends to go up during financial difficulties, which I’d say the current price inflation constitutes.

Also: not that it applies to this situation, but the market is saturated with fake SD cards, you’ve gotta be pretty careful to avoid them even at reasonable prices.

Hmm...

I have the $35 family plan (until October of next year) and lots of nieces and nephews on it.

I still can't justify my spending essentially $45 more for N64 games and Mario Kart -- I know, it's relatively cheap when spread out, but I'm essentially "gifting" it to 7 other people right now.  $35 (actually paid $20) for a year seems reasonable -- but $80 seems insane...

The problem is that $25 for Mario Kart brings up the "for just $20 more, I get the other stuff too" idea.

What we need is another pile of cheap eShop / Nintendo Online card sales.  Those "$20 for family plan" deals from two years ago would really be good at times like this.

Hmm...

I have the $35 family plan (until October of next year) and lots of nieces and nephews on it.

I still can't justify my spending essentially $45 more for N64 games and Mario Kart -- I know, it's relatively cheap when spread out, but I'm essentially "gifting" it to 7 other people right now. $35 (actually paid $20) for a year seems reasonable -- but $80 seems insane...

The problem is that $25 for Mario Kart brings up the "for just $20 more, I get the other stuff too" idea.

What we need is another pile of cheap eShop / Nintendo Online card sales. Those "$20 for family plan" deals from two years ago would really be good at times like this.
you just need to find people to split the plan with

I’m debating about picking up Final Fantasy explorers for 3DS while it’s on sale. Can anyone confirm if the online is still active? I can’t find a clear answer online.

…yeah charging their nieces/nephews is probably not it, lol.
Yep. I mean, I -could- make it part of a general "group gift" -- but it's the going from $35 to $80 that is bugging me. I can't mentally justify that price increase.

One thing I -did- notice is that you can actually save money by upgrading from the "standard" family plan to the "deluxe" via the Mexican eShop. Like all Nintendo items, the overall price for each plan is comparable in the US/Canada/Mexico -- however, for reasons I don't understand, the price BUMPS in Mexico are different. The "Family Plan" costs more in Mexico than the USA -- and it looks like the Mexican eShop credits you more, per day, in value when upgrading to the expansion bundle.

I haven't done that, but it was interesting when I noticed it.

I only upgraded to play the new mario kart maps, can’t wait for the rest. Played online with my kids and some of there friends, they didn’t need the expansion to play when we chose the maps.

Yep. I mean, I -could- make it part of a general "group gift" -- but it's the going from $35 to $80 that is bugging me. I can't mentally justify that price increase.

One thing I -did- notice is that you can actually save money by upgrading from the "standard" family plan to the "deluxe" via the Mexican eShop. Like all Nintendo items, the overall price for each plan is comparable in the US/Canada/Mexico -- however, for reasons I don't understand, the price BUMPS in Mexico are different. The "Family Plan" costs more in Mexico than the USA -- and it looks like the Mexican eShop credits you more, per day, in value when upgrading to the expansion bundle.

I haven't done that, but it was interesting when I noticed it.
And that’s per year.

Given that I’m getting “cheap” Eshop points from GameStop I just bought the MK8 dlc. Even is someone else came out that I absolutely must have, that’s another $25. Am I gonna be spending $50 a year consistently to justify the extra deluxe plan? Likely not.

I’m debating about picking up Final Fantasy explorers for 3DS while it’s on sale. Can anyone confirm if the online is still active? I can’t find a clear answer online.
Yes it is I've been purchasing several games on 3ds eshop that's on sale right now get them why you can. I even upgraded my 4 gig sd card to a 32 gig in order to buy Resident Evil revelations for $1.99 and the other Mercenaries 3d one for $1.99 no brainers. Mega man legacy collection $4.99 and phonenix wright and monster hunters are at great sales prices too. Capcom sale they getting it while they can good deals. Been buying what I need on my Wii U too I got metroid fusion $7.99 and Nano assault $1.99. BOTW DLC packs $19.99. Also had to add a 64 gig usb drive for space since my 32 gig launch wii u is full to the brim.

Think we’ll see Nintendo Selects for the Switch? Wonder if this year we get stuff like 1-2 Switch, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Party, and Mario Deluxe as Selects.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Words with Fred" is free if you already own kuso, Pulstario, or Love.

This appears to be valid in the USA and Europe -- the Euro eShop pages gives these details on the product page, but the US eshop page does not.  I can't find an ending date now, but I believe it ends within the next week?

Wow, with this and the added avatar customization, they're actually addressing the long-term complaints about the UI. Maybe themes are on the way too?

The folders are poorly done for my taste. They don't show up on the home screen at all since they're hidden in the library, so it's kind of useless in terms of getting the home screen to just be folders with every game available on it like 3DS, Wii U, PS3, and PS4 did them.

The folders are poorly done for my taste. They don't show up on the home screen at all since they're hidden in the library, so it's kind of useless in terms of getting the home screen to just be folders with every game available on it like 3DS, Wii U, PS3, and PS4 did them.
Agreed, five years and they still can’t give fans what they have been asking for.

Add the ability to pin them to the Home Screen and then this would be a nice new feature added.

While it's not as visible as folders on the main menu, you CAN still use this to archive stuff away.  When adding software to groups, you can restrict your search to "ungrouped" software.  This makes it much easier to sift all your software into matching groups.

The only real problem I have with this system is that you seemingly can't easily sort the contents of a group automatically -- once added, it looks like you have to manually move titles within a group.

(Okay, I suppose it would be nice to either pin these to the main menu OR have a 1 button/tap "groups" option)

Too bad Capcom hasn't said whether Phoenix Wright 4-6 will come to Switch and PC. I'm guessing this will be the last chance to buy them for $4.99 each so may just go for it in case they're forever stuck on 3DS.

Streaming a bunch of the older Kirby games on Wii U (64, GBA, DS VC games) ahead of Kirby and the Forgotten Land's launch on Friday.

Edit: Here's the archive. I really like the way they handle options for displaying DS games on a Wii U with a bunch of different options.

Edit 2: Finishing up the old Kirby streams ahead of Kirby and the Forgotten Land with some Wii stuff (Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dream Land).

Edit 3: Had not played Kirby's Return to Dream Land before, but that game is basically a predecessor of what the mainline 3DS games would be like in terms of level design, art style, and all that.

Here's the archive. These two games really should have been remastered for Switch at some point.

Walmart isn't doing the $10 off physical for Kirby per multiple reports. Amazon at $54.99 is the cheapest.

Finishing up the old Kirby streams ahead of Kirby and the Forgotten Land with some Wii stuff (Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dream Land).

Edit: Had not played Kirby's Return to Dream Land before, but that game is basically a predecessor of what the mainline 3DS games would be like in terms of level design, art style, and all that.

Here's the archive. These two games really should have been remastered for Switch at some point.

Streaming some Kirby and the Forgotten Land for those that want to see it in action. I'm just past the two levels that the demo has.

Edit: Here's the archive.

I am enjoying kirby so far. will still trade it in to gs on Sunday though

can't seem to get all the present codes to work. woder if i actually need to play the demo to use the demo codes

bread's done
Back