Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
This is why I always stress physical over digital. Selling games has helped me BIG TIME in the past. A digital game can't be sold. It's yours forever whether you want to keep it or not.
*forever = as long as the digital storefront is online and the store owner hasn't limited your ways of downloading the digital version

Lately the big burn is from Sony who made it to where we can't download purchased vita/ps1/psp games through the PS3 to the vita. This was the only way to get some games which you couldn't download directly to the vita.

I vastly prefer physical over digital... unless the digital is super cheap and I don't care to just consider the purchase a longer term rental.

Lately the big burn is from Sony who made it to where we can't download purchased vita/ps1/psp games through the PS3 to the vita. This was the only way to get some games which you couldn't download directly to the vita.
Ew, really? The Vita is incredibly easy to hack these days, but that's just a real kick in the nards to do that. Why kill that very specific functionality?!

The PSP and Vita are really great handhelds for their time, the latter being supremely boned due to Sony locking down the memory. I am still confident that is the top reason for it being such a low install rate, which then lowered incentive to make games, which created a feedback loop. Nintendo knew the f'd up with a $250 3DS, Sony should have loss led the memory carts on the 1000 and switched to SD for the 2000.

Whomever listed the retro handhelds, you missed the sub-$100 king; the Retroid Pocket 2+ can handle all the way up to PSP and Dreamcast and it's only $100. It also has a touch screen, wireless controller support, and direct HDMI output. If you had to buy just one retro handheld, I would say get that one.

Once I get my Steam Deck, it's GG on the Switch, for me, unless it's a first part exclusive. My PS5, I have gotten a smattering of both physical and digital, but its the "whichever is cheaper" for me, since discs are pretty much just authentication tokens for those games.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but you said they were wrong the majority of the time. Or the other guy did, but you said something similar:

Saying "most" of pricecharting's prices are "a lot off" is very inaccurate
Persona q 2 on pricecharting is $57 cib it’s $80 on eBay…pricecharting isn’t that great it’s good for the most popular type of games that sell multiple times a day like Mario Kart wii. Always check eBay sold/completed before selling.

The PSP and Vita are really great handhelds for their time, the latter being supremely boned due to Sony locking down the memory. I am still confident that is the top reason for it being such a low install rate, which then lowered incentive to make games, which created a feedback loop. Nintendo knew the f'd up with a $250 3DS, Sony should have loss led the memory carts on the 1000 and switched to SD for the 2000.
At least Nintendo mia culpaed with the 20 Ambassador titles when they had the first price drop. I hate that, unless you mod, there are certain PSP games you can only play with a physical copy. (Looking at you, Crisis Core and pre 2.5 Birth By Sleep.) I love my Vita. I consider it the predecessor to the Switch, as far as making console games playable on the go.

On a different topic, I am looking into getting a Wii U strictly for its Virtual Console, particularly Metroid Prime Trilogy and the catalog of GBA and DS games. I've been researching the catalog and prices. Not a fan of how refurbed systems on Amazon are so much more expensive.

At least Nintendo mia culpaed with the 20 Ambassador titles when they had the first price drop. I hate that, unless you mod, there are certain PSP games you can only play with a physical copy. (Looking at you, Crisis Core and pre 2.5 Birth By Sleep.) I love my Vita. I consider it the predecessor to the Switch, as far as making console games playable on the go.

On a different topic, I am looking into getting a Wii U strictly for its Virtual Console, particularly Metroid Prime Trilogy and the catalog of GBA and DS games. I've been researching the catalog and prices. Not a fan of how refurbed systems on Amazon are so much more expensive.
Don’t know how much you are looking to spend on a Wii U, but I’ve seen some decently priced ones show up on the game sale Reddit every so often.

Don’t know how much you are looking to spend on a Wii U, but I’ve seen some decently priced ones show up on the game sale Reddit every so often.
Good news is I live by a few fairly good retro game stores. I saw the Zelda one going for $220 in there. They also had a Mario maker Wii U with the box. Didn't look at the price on that as Mario Maker isn't a title I'm interested in.

Any reason to grab it if you have the vita version?
Honestly, you already have the better version. The Nintendo versions are basically cosmetic stuff, and some of it requires Amiibo purchases. The Vita has the Kratos level which is a pretty good boss fight (but not nearly as good as the Battletoads level on the XBox).

I bought the 3ds version of Shovel Knight yesterday and I'm having a good time with the game so far.  Never got around to playing the physical ps4 version I own.

I don't often play with 3d on but it does help in adding complexity to the simple backgrounds.  I also made an amiibo card for the occasion.  The gold or regular SK amiibo brings significant changes, a gradually-unlocking and separate set of relics that you use independently of your normal ingame inventory. 

Anyone able to buy from Argentina lately? When trying to check out in the browser, no payment option comes up. When trying to check out on the Switch, US credit cards seem to fail and there is no option for PayPal.

Strangely Nincada and Spinda are unavailable for transfer and you'll need to get one in game from random swarms.

Strangely Nincada and Spinda are unavailable for transfer and you'll need to get one in game from random swarms.
grain of salt but the comments on twitter were saying that you needed to just have seen some pokemon in your dex to transfer them. That seems kinda dumb if true as that defeats the purpose.

Last I heard there is a glitch with Spinda's random fur patterns. If you were to tranfer your Spinda from Home into Diamond or Pearl, it's fur patterns would be completely & permanently changed. They probably blocked Spinda transfers until this is fixed.

Dunno about Nincada though. Maybe it has something to do with its unique evolutionary method, being the only mon that evolves into two pokemon at once. Could possibly break the game. Wouldn't be surprising considering how busted the DP remakes are.

Diablo 3 switch is on Walmarts website sold and shipped by Walmart for 29.88. Just got a order in as I didn’t have a copy.

I’ll take it if no one else has. I might as well grab wii sports or whatever it’s called.
Pretty sure the birthday code doesn’t apply to games. Only the plushies and clothes they sell on the site.

I got one last year and couldn’t find anything decent to apply it to.

Same here- and I had alerts setup.
It's amazing to me that these keep selling out. You have to have an active expansion pass membership and the quantity is limited to 4 per account. I don't see how scalpers can keep buying all of these controllers to resell.

No More Heroes 3 physical is $30 at Best Buy today, and Amazon’s since matched it.

Notable because the game’s one of those Nintendo co-publishing deals, so discounts are rare.

bread's done
Back