Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Botw is $40 digital at Walmart.

Its $42 on eShop.

If you have a Target red card you'll get ~12.5% off eshop credit bringing it to ~$37 (current B1G1 15% off eshop credit promo).

On the Walmart purchase you'll get an extra 90 gold coins (5% of $18) compared to buying on eshop, but even still target route is cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem: Three Houses expansion passes on sale for the first time. Part Time UFO, Paper Mario: The Origami King, and Xenoblade Chronicles DE are also on sale.

You have to admit, these are a very niche collection of games. Not so much BotW2, but that's not out this year. What is Nintendo's big mainstream holiday release? I didn't see it in that Direct. Not that I care- what they showed was right up my alley, personally. Advance Wars remakes.. almost too good to be true.
Mario Party, Metroid Dread, and the Diamond/Pearl remakes cover most of the bases for the types of people who own Switch consoles and those all come out right around the holiday window. I'd add SMT V to that list but I accept that game is very niche even though I am thrilled to get a release date for this year

Botw is $40 digital at Walmart.

Its $42 on eShop.

If you have a Target red card you'll get ~12.5% off eshop credit bringing it to ~$37 (current B1G1 15% off eshop credit promo).

On the Walmart purchase you'll get an extra 90 gold coins (5% of $18) compared to buying on eshop, but even still target route is cheaper
Yeah, it’s a good idea to hold off a bit to see what retailers discount their digital codes.

Been waiting for SMTV release date and will order whatever physical release it has. Lots of cool announcements, and I predicted the wrong WiiU port, but yeah overall a pretty good direct. Glad to see another 2D Metroid, and how can I not love some Warioware goodness. Super Mario Party thing looks more like DLC, which it should be, but I may end up getting it depending on what's in there minigame wise. I am surprised there wasn't any NMH3 footage. That game comes out this year I believe and not much has been shown. 

I am probably the only person in the world hyped for the new Cruis'n game right now. Besides Rare and Nintendo games, all I played on N64 as a kid were those two Cruis'n racers. And they were always my favorites at arcades. Can't wait.
I had a lot of fun with the Cruis'n games both on N64 and in arcade, I'm looking forward to it.

I am probably the only person in the world hyped for the new Cruis'n game right now. Besides Rare and Nintendo games, all I played on N64 as a kid were those two Cruis'n racers. And they were always my favorites at arcades. Can't wait.
That was definitely a highlight for me as well. Love me some arcade racing!

Just a heads up that Advance Wars is now confirmed to be getting a physical release for the collection of 1+2.  So 100% I will get that along with the standard for Metroid Dread.   I've been waiting forever for a proper Mario Golf game (since the GC... and yeah the 3DS one was good but I need these games on TV to share with the family)... so I'll get that friday week.   Will get Skyward Sword.   That's four big games for me already without even touching third parties.

The DBZ Kakarot game... I want that.  I will get Cruis'n Blast (love me some arcade racing), THPS 1&2, The Silver Case 2425, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Ni No Kuni II, Hotline Miami Collection, and a few other games at some point (most of which this year, maybe some at or near launch).

Really I'm VERY happy with what's going on with the switch.  I don't need more games than this... heck I don't need this many.  Just Metroid, Advance Wars, and Mario Golf would have made any year on their own... this year is stacked and next year the new Zelda game.

Loved playing Cruis'n USA and World back in the day at the arcade and on N64. Excited to see a new game Cruis'n game coming and it will be a day one buy.

In other news, NBA 2K21 has hit the "NBA Season is almost over" price of $4.79. I'll be trading in my physical copy and buying digital.

Edit: Turns out I had enough Gold Coins saved up to pay for NBA 2K21. Sweet!

Nice selection of Zelda games for the G&W, but I already have all three on my N3DSXL.

For those that haven't tried the G&W yet, my brother got me the Mario one a while back. It's surprisingly playable given how small it is, but again I have those games in other places so it's just collecting dust.

I have no idea how anyone could be disappointed with this Direct. It was easily the best conference of E3. Three BRAND NEW first-party announcements for games out THIS YEAR, gameplay and release date for the elusive SMT V, a bunch of HIGHLY requested ports/remasters (Danganronpa, Advance Wars, Fatal Frame), and an actual release window for BotW 2. This was everything I wish the Xbox conference had been.
Tbf though, we've had a first-party (non-port) drought for a while so some of this was overdue. Just glad it's finally over.
Also, a Tekken rep was a great Smash pick even though I would have personally chosen Heihachi, Yoshimitsu (for the SC cred) or King.

I'm all in for Metroid Dread and Cruis'n Blast, plus I have THPS 1&2 pre-ordered and paid in full at Gamestop. Are the any other games from today's Direct that I should take a look at?

Maiden of Black Water will reportedly also be coming to other consoles and PC, which is great news. The Fatal Frame series has gone downhill since Nintendo took it over, and while I'm not foolish enough to hope for a franchise resurgence I do hope we can at least see a remaster of the first three games hit next-gen consoles and PC some day.

I have no idea how anyone could be disappointed with this Direct. It was easily the best conference of E3. Three BRAND NEW first-party announcements for games out THIS YEAR, gameplay and release date for the elusive SMT V, a bunch of HIGHLY requested ports/remasters (Danganronpa, Advance Wars, Fatal Frame), and an actual release window for BotW 2. This was everything I wish the Xbox conference had been.
Tbf though, we've had a first-party (non-port) drought for a while so some of this was overdue. Just glad it's finally over.
Also, a Tekken rep was a great Smash pick even though I would have personally chosen Heihachi, Yoshimitsu (for the SC cred) or King.
It was good in comparison to the other E3 shows, but was still hoping to see footage of Prime 4, a Zelda collection and a Switch Pro announcement. Also would have rather had a different character for Smash. Getting a new Metroid this year was a nice surprise, though.

Last edited:
Maiden of Black Water will reportedly also be coming to other consoles and PC, which is great news. The Fatal Frame series has gone downhill since Nintendo took it over, and while I'm not foolish enough to hope for a franchise resurgence I do hope we can at least see a remaster of the first three games hit next-gen consoles and PC some day.
kicking myself for buying it on Wii U only to add it to the backlog, but at least on Steam there should be some discounts.

That's not saying much when E3 as a whole pretty much sucked. The Nintendo direct was meh to me. A bunch of games I already have PS/XB. Metroid looks dope. Zelda looks dope. Don't care about the rest. The whimper that is the Zelda 35th anniversary. Smh... That's just me though. Im ok with the showing though as it gives me more time to clear out my backlog. Finally playing Astral Chains that I bought 3 years ago.

That's fair, I agree about Prime 4/Bayo 3/the lack of Zelda ports. I should have said "disappointed with this Direct given how underwhelming the rest of E3 has been". That combined with the lack of real Directs over the past year or two, and how underwhelming the few we've gotten have been, has certainly lowered my expectations.
At least Prime 4 and Bayo 3 are the only MIA games now. Hopefully Bayo 3 will get the SMT V treatment next time around.

Man, do I go with Paper Mario or Xenoblade to blow the rest of my gold coins? I've got a chip on my shoulder about how they'll never make another Paper Mario to measure up to Thousand Year Door, so I'm thinking Xenoblade since I've never played it on Wii. 

Man, do I go with Paper Mario or Xenoblade to blow the rest of my gold coins? I've got a chip on my shoulder about how they'll never make another Paper Mario to measure up to Thousand Year Door, so I'm thinking Xenoblade since I've never played it on Wii.
Origami king is alright albeit frustrating at parts. But yeah it lacks controlable allies and badges and such. And dear God is Olivia obnoxious.

Part Time UFO is on sale ($6.29) for the first time ever.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/part-time-ufo-switch/

It's a darling physics based game where you are a UFO with a claw arm (basically a claw machine) and you have to perform tasks like gathering items, building statues, stacking items/people a certain way, etc. It has tons of creative ways to give you the different objectives. In addition to the main tasks there's also 3 achievements you can go for per stage as well as costumes you can dress up in, some of which act as upgrades to help you out. It has catchy music and is super charming, funny, and adorable. There's no reason not to get it at this price.

I was not a huge fane of oragami king, it was fun for about 5 hours, but the battle system is bad. If you are into JRPGs then Xenoblade is a great one.

I was not a huge fane of oragami king, it was fun for about 5 hours, but the battle system is bad. If you are into JRPGs then Xenoblade is a great one.
I agree with this. I enjoyed exploring the world in Origami King but the battle system was tedious and agitating. It would have been fine for a mini-game or a handful of boss battles, but basing an entire game on that system was a terrible idea. It simply isn't fun. If anyone but Nintendo made it I'd say pick it up when it's $20, but of course since this is Nintendo we're talking about we'll all be dead by then.

I really like the Origami King battle system...but it makes it a lot more like a puzzle game than a traditional RPG.  It's definitely an acquired taste.

That being said, I thought the story was charming and fun.  It's not the Thousand Year Door, but it's unlikely that we get anything like that again, unfortunately.

Loved playing Cruis'n USA and World back in the day at the arcade and on N64. Excited to see a new game Cruis'n game coming and it will be a day one buy.

In other news, NBA 2K21 has hit the "NBA Season is almost over" price of $4.79. I'll be trading in my physical copy and buying digital.

Edit: Turns out I had enough Gold Coins saved up to pay for NBA 2K21. Sweet!
USA was a lot of fun, loved using the school bus in the arcades. N64 port was somewhat disappointing, but still cool to have on console in some form. Hope this newer one is good.

I’ve missed out on the Metroid Dread special edition on target, GameStop, and Best Buy. I guess Amazon and Walmart (do they even do special editions?) are my only hopes left.

I’m actually kinda on the fence though. $30 doesn’t seem worth a steelbook, cards, and art book.

Part Time UFO is on sale ($6.29) for the first time ever.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/part-time-ufo-switch/

It's a darling physics based game where you are a UFO with a claw arm (basically a claw machine) and you have to perform tasks like gathering items, building statues, stacking items/people a certain way, etc. It has tons of creative ways to give you the different objectives. In addition to the main tasks there's also 3 achievements you can go for per stage as well as costumes you can dress up in, some of which act as upgrades to help you out. It has catchy music and is super charming, funny, and adorable. There's no reason not to get it at this price.
Man, I grabbed it for $2 a couple years ago.

bread's done
Back