Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Team 17 Mini Sale (up to 75% off) Ends 09/09/2021

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - $7.49 (75% off)
    Blasphemous - $9.99 (60% off)
    Worms W.M.D - $7.49 (75% off)
    My Time at Portia - $7.49 (75% off) / Housewarming Gift Set - $2.09 (30% off)
    Narita Boy - $12.49 (50% off) *lowest price*
    Monster Sanctuary - $13.39 (33% off)
    Neon Abyss - $13.39 (33% off)
    Golf With Your Friends - $9.99 (50% off)
    Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos - $14.99 (25% off)
    King of Seas - $18.74 (25% off) *lowest price*
    Super Magbot - $9.99 (44% off) *lowest price*
    Greak: Memories of Azur - $17.99 (10% off) *lowest price*
    Overcooked! 2 - Gourmet Edition - $32.48 (33% off)
    The Survivalists Deluxe Edition - $18.08 (33% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else try Warioware yet? I own 5 other games in the series and this one seems the least fun. The variety is in how to control characters instead of different input methods. Looks to me they reduced the variety to keep it compatible with Switch Lite.

In prior games it was somewhat intuitive completing mini games but in this one you have to figure out the character's play style and the mini game. Less approachable for party scenarios.

Kinda makes me sad really.

This game actually makes me appreciate WarioWare Gold even more. Gold is a blast if you have multiple systems with the game for multiplayer.

Downloaded but haven't tried the demo. Previously really enjoyed WarioWare games, and was hyped when I heard this new one announced after the fact, but then I watched the trailer and some gameplay. Pretty much no chance I'll enjoy it.

In prior games it was somewhat intuitive completing mini games but in this one you have to figure out the character's play style and the mini game. Less approachable for party scenarios.
Kinda makes me sad really.
Kat only throwing to the right messed me up so many times and I kept forgetting that Mona stops when she throws the boomerang, so I had a lot of stupid deaths. It is fun, but I expected it to have way more than 200 games. Hopefully there's some free dlc coming because $50 for a Warioware that doesn't offer anything more than the DS games isn't very appealing.

Also bummed there hasn't been a preorder keychain or gift card promo anywhere. It makes Walmart's in-store discount look like the way to go, but I'm tied to Bestbuy because I have a gift card.

No big celebration for the SNES 30th? Lame.
I honestly feel like one of the dumbest trends of the past few decades has been to turn every five year anniversary of a product or IP into an event. I mean, sure, celebrate what you like, but making a huge deal about all the things every five years is kinda exhausting and makes all of these anniversary markers feel less interesting.

I honestly feel like one of the dumbest trends of the past few decades has been to turn every five year anniversary of a product or IP into an event. I mean, sure, celebrate what you like, but making a huge deal about all the things every five years is kinda exhausting and makes all of these anniversary markers feel less interesting.
But participation awards!!

That's all true but I see every 10 as reasonable (which this is). It just gets complicated because people see a quarter of a century as also worth celebrating but in this case it's a landmark console so I think we can let the doubling up slide.
This would have been a great time to dump a bunch of SNES games on the Switch Online subscription (or announce a Virtual Console for Switch). Or hell, announce a reprint of the SNES Classic for the holidays.
At least do more than put out a single tweet..
Edit: SNES Remix announcement also seems like a slam dunk.

I don't care if they do an SNES thing or not.  Sure I would like more games on the SNES app... give me more reason to break out my official wireless SNES controllers for the switch.  But... if nothing happens, that's cool too.  I have more than enough to play these days.

Yeah I would probably get that keychain for my kids (we have a bunch of the LEGO Super Mario sets- they’re very fun!), but $7 shipping is just silly!

If a feller is into something, I think a feller appreciates an anniversary.

The rest of us get annoyed because the marketing tries to push us to care if we don't, because they want us to buy it.

I'd love almost any kind of SNES 30th, personally.  I was also really annoyed they've never done anything for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's anniversaries, where as I'd imagine like 90% of gamers really do not care at all.  (Yet they have done 9000 Skyrim anniversary things, which annoys me... and also 90% of gamers...  Hm.)

TL;DR: If you love something, you will enjoy an anniversary, but other than that, it is annoying propaganda desperate to take your money, so it is also totally understandable to be annoyed.

Guards, published by Drageus games (cough), is 9 cents... I assume it's a publisher discount if you own another title by Drageus, but I can't be sure.

I tried it -- it's slow and clunky, but it vaguely feels like there's an actual game inside.  This might be the best of the almost-free Drageus games I've purchased.

It's not good, though.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/guards-switch

Guards, published by Drageus games (cough), is 9 cents... I assume it's a publisher discount if you own another title by Drageus, but I can't be sure.

I tried it -- it's slow and clunky, but it vaguely feels like there's an actual game inside. This might be the best of the almost-free Drageus games I've purchased.

It's not good, though.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/guards-switch
Shows $2.49 for me. The faceless people on the game landing page is a little disturbing.

Hotshot Racing is only $5, down from $20, its lowest discount ever. Co-developed by Sumo Digital, longtime stewards of Sega’s racing franchises (and a solid racing dev for years prior, as Gremlin Interactive) it wasn’t quite the “modern take on Virtua Racing” everyone hoped for, but it’s still a terrific arcade racer and an absolute steal at five bucks.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hotshot-racing-switch/

Goodness, I played the crap out of Monster Rancher way back. Looking forward to seeing more information about this game. It certainly shows its age a fair bit. 

Everytime someone mentions Monster Rancher that opening theme burrows into my brain. Today was no exception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thlHMJcKoXk

Never paid attention to the reward points. Redeemed some for a "free" lanyard. $7.50 for shipping. LOL I'll just go back to ignoring those

Edit: LMAO at going to the previous page and seeing the same complaint

Never paid attention to the reward points. Redeemed some for a "free" lanyard. $7.50 for shipping. LOL I'll just go back to ignoring those

Edit: LMAO at going to the previous page and seeing the same complaint
Yeah shipping used to be $5 which was still kinda high. It's really only worth it if there are a bunch of rewards you want to get as it's flat shipping fee for everything. So if you get 7 things them it's like a dollar each. You can also get anything off the Nintendo store like the SNES switch controllers for switch and even shirts and other random things. So it's generally only worth it if you are planning to grab some other stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, the old Club Nintendo used to have free shipping for physical rewards, making this $7.50 shipping charge even more annoying.

If I'm not mistaken, the old Club Nintendo used to have free shipping for physical rewards, making this $7.50 shipping charge even more annoying.
You could only get Club rewards from buying stuff, so it made sense to not charge shipping. Now the rewards are free, technically.

Hotshot Racing is only $5, down from $20, its lowest discount ever. Co-developed by Sumo Digital, longtime stewards of Sega’s racing franchises (and a solid racing dev for years prior, as Gremlin Interactive) it wasn’t quite the “modern take on Virtua Racing” everyone hoped for, but it’s still a terrific arcade racer and an absolute steal at five bucks.

That company also did the racing game for Disney Infinity 3.0

Yikes.  I don't know that the first two Monster Rancher games will hold up unless they really do a lot of quality of life stuff.  Sure were fun games, though.  Maybe they do hold up.  I'd rather see a new one, but I guess that's dicey too.  This whole thing seems odd.  I'm not used to forgotten nerdy games from my past re-emerging very often unless they were popular.  Maybe it was in Japan.

I don't really know what the point of Monster Rancher is if you're not using music CDs to spawn monsters. That very 90s gimmick was the main magic of the first two games. The switch ports will have some sort of CD database to spawn monsters, but... meh.

And as usual the games look painfully slow. I feel like every port of a 3D ps1 game needs some sort of fast forward function because wow these games don't hold up in terms of pacing and gameplay speed.

Thank you for the recommendation on this. I picked it up and played through the entire game on normal mode, plus a couple of the hard mode circuits. I was a bit disappointed that all of the upgrades were purely cosmetic, but I liked the track designs, characters, and the different vehicle types. The best part was that you really have to keep on your toes when racing because the competition remains fierce, even on the early courses... and if you fall behind, the fact that you can slipstream to build speed and turbo helps you stay in the game.

Totally worth $5.

So I never played the Bioshock games... Anyone play them on the Switch?

The collection is 19.99 right now on the eshop, or $20 at Amazon..

I don't really know what the point of Monster Rancher is if you're not using music CDs to spawn monsters. That very 90s gimmick was the main magic of the first two games. The switch ports will have some sort of CD database to spawn monsters, but... meh.

And as usual the games look painfully slow. I feel like every port of a 3D ps1 game needs some sort of fast forward function because wow these games don't hold up in terms of pacing and gameplay speed.
This article from Game Informer says that monsters will be spawned differently in this re-release.

"In a press release, Koei Tecmo says that CDs are still used for this purpose, but just not how you would expect. "This feature has been re-worked in Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX, allowing players to search a database to find their desired CD and generate a monster from its data. Enjoy searching a vast database of songs from around the world and generating monsters based on some of your favorite music!""

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/26/monster-rancher-returns-in-a-new-bundle-for-switch-and-pc

This article from Game Informer says that monsters will be spawned differently in this re-release.

"In a press release, Koei Tecmo says that CDs are still used for this purpose, but just not how you would expect. "This feature has been re-worked in Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX, allowing players to search a database to find their desired CD and generate a monster from its data. Enjoy searching a vast database of songs from around the world and generating monsters based on some of your favorite music!""

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/26/monster-rancher-returns-in-a-new-bundle-for-switch-and-pc
Interesting, but not as cool as physically popping in a CD that you own and seeing a unique monster pop up on your screen.

bread's done
Back