Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I haven't seen it mentioned, but Banner of the Maid is at its lowest price, $10.19. It's a strategy-RPG that takes place during a fictional French Revolution where you play Napoleon's sister. I haven't played it yet, but the art is really good. The developer seems new, so I'm happy to support them. It's also worth noting that the game is on sale for $8.49 on Steam.

Amazing game for a Monster Hunter fan. Good entry point if starting as the wire bug mechanic is a game changer and makes things so much more user friendly.

Very highly - lots of fun, and lots of content. Brings some of the best parts of World into the mainline series and adds some new game changers. Can't imagine playing without wirebugs now.
I only dipped into the game a bit before stopping (on hiatus for my entire switch library essentially). Do you think I should just trade the game in and get it on PC in the future on sale or keep it on Switch?

Also I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but is the game supposed to be super repetitive? I did only the first few monsters and it was mainly just find them, spam the gun weapon from a distance (forgot the name) and then chase them when the run away.

I only dipped into the game a bit before stopping (on hiatus for my entire switch library essentially). Do you think I should just trade the game in and get it on PC in the future on sale or keep it on Switch?

Also I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, but is the game supposed to be super repetitive? I did only the first few monsters and it was mainly just find them, spam the gun weapon from a distance (forgot the name) and then chase them when the run away.
For the record, I’m still waiting on Monster Hunter World Iceborne Master Edition (the base game + expansion) to go under half off on PC (I already have it on PS4, but would like to play with a PC-only friend), while it’s dipped under the same price point for console physically several times, and digitally at least once, quite possibly more. I would not count on good sales to come quickly to Rise on PC.

I can’t speak for Rise specifically, but Monster Hunter takes a little time to get into. The mission-based structure won’t change, but MonHun always starts you off with small fry and works up from there. There’s usually a relatively early monster to serve as a sort of wall for beginners to make sure you’re ready for the frantic action that comes once you get into the meat of the game. Calmly shooting enemies from afar is not the kind of experience even the best gunners can expect from most of the game.

For the record, I’m still waiting on Monster Hunter World Iceborne Master Edition (the base game + expansion) to go under half off on PC (I already have it on PS4, but would like to play with a PC-only friend), while it’s dipped under the same price point for console physically several times, and digitally at least once, quite possibly more. I would not count on good sales to come quickly to Rise on PC.
In that case I'll probably keep it on Switch, I got it for almost nothing on release with some nice discounts and the such.

I can’t speak for Rise specifically, but Monster Hunter takes a little time to get into. The mission-based structure won’t change, but MonHun always starts you off with small fry and works up from there. There’s usually a relatively early monster to serve as a sort of wall for beginners to make sure you’re ready for the frantic action that comes once you get into the meat of the game. Calmly shooting enemies from afar is not the kind of experience even the best gunners can expect from most of the game.
I honestly have no issue with the mission structure, the biggest thing I'm kind of confused with is the armor stuff and understanding all the items and such(first Monster Hunter game for me since I heard it was the most beginner friendly). I'm not to sure what I should change or if there's something that's not clicking. When I used the sword, I'd attack once then get whacked away and repeat. When I switched to the gun, I'd shoot, move slightly if the monster came close and then resume shooting(which got boring after the second monster).

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword both hit all-time lows at $40 at Best Buy and on Amazon. I have been waiting for this price point to buy both as I understand $40 is usually the cheapest Nintendo ever goes for their exclusives.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/super-smash-bros-ultimate
I had just pulled the trigger on an AWD copy of Smash for 37. I'll take this instead. Thanks!

Walmart getting ready for $50 Metroid Dread:

IMG-0559-2-s.jpg

Target sent me shipping notification from when they accidentally included it in the b2g1 months ago (so $40).

Walmart getting ready for $50 Metroid Dread:

Target sent me shipping notification from when they accidentally included it in the b2g1 months ago (so $40).
yeah, my copy shipped with an eta of Friday but it's fedex "smartpost" so i am going to assume it will be late.

Last edited by a moderator:
World is already part of the mainline series, though? It’s MH5.
You're right, so I guess mainline series is the wrong way to put it. World feels like a different beast to me than the other MH games, maybe because of the power of the systems it was released on. The maps were so large that it felt more like an open world game than launching missions from your hub (even though you still did), zoned maps, etc.

You're right, so I guess mainline series is the wrong way to put it. World feels like a different beast to me than the other MH games, maybe because of the power of the systems it was released on. The maps were so large that it felt more like an open world game than launching missions from your hub (even though you still did), zoned maps, etc.
The no-loading-screen maps were definitely a nice change for World. Does Rise not do that?

When I used the sword, I'd attack once then get whacked away and repeat. When I switched to the gun, I'd shoot, move slightly if the monster came close and then resume shooting(which got boring after the second monster).
MonHun isn’t Dark Souls, but it also isn’t Dynasty Warriors. You can’t just run up to a monster and mash attack, you have to familiarize yourself with a monster’s attack patterns and watch for tells so you know when to rush in to attack, and when you need to get out of the way. When you get really good you’ll be able to dodge through attacks using i-frames so you can keep the pressure up, but it doesn’t hurt to just keep your distance when you need to while you’re getting used to it. If you’re not feeling the ranged weapons yet, long sword and dual blades are usually beginner-friendly weapons. If you wanna feel like a tank, lance or gunlance will let you turtle up, though you’ll have to keep a close eye on stamina. I definitely recommend playing with all the weapons a bit just to get an idea for how they might feel, because they definitely each have a different feel.

Gold Points Special Offer

Offer ends 10/24 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

For a limited time, you can earn DOUBLE My Nintendo Gold Points when you purchase the digital version of the Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate game or select Super Smash Bros. DLC* through Nintendo eShop, Nintendo.com (where available).

Gold Points Special Offer

Offer ends 10/24 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

For a limited time, you can earn DOUBLE My Nintendo Gold Points when you purchase the digital version of the Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate game or select Super Smash Bros. DLC* through Nintendo eShop, Nintendo.com (where available).
Well that might be enough incentive for me to buy the second character pack DLC

My copy of Metroid Dread has shipped from Target.  Hopefully it actually gets here on Friday.  Most of the other pre-releases I've bought from them tend to arrive a few days after the release date.  

My copy of Metroid Dread has shipped from Target. Hopefully it actually gets here on Friday. Most of the other pre-releases I've bought from them tend to arrive a few days after the release date.
Yeah target is so all over the place. I've gotten games a day early and up to a week after launch.

I always wonder how fedex is still in business, they are absolutely garbage with their shipping speeds.
I think it's a case of there being so much stuff to ship that it's too much for the other carriers. Especially right now while there's a shortage of people willing to work and online shopping has further exploded thanks to the pandemic.

You'll get the product eventually. It's better to have an employee of a company like that in charge of the order's shipment and delivery, than a company like DHL that allows third-party companies to fulfill its deliveries being entrusted with your goods.

The two times my package has come through DHL, they gave it to some random fucking company that tried to steal my orders. The first time, they actually did steal my order by reporting it lost. The second time, about 9 months later, a driver for the same company signed for my package himself and was going to keep it.

I called every day to complain. The dumbass woman who answered my calls kept saying that the driver would drop it off the next day. I left the driver several voicemails and never heard from him. About a week later, some guido with gold rings in a windowless white van with a dog in the passenger seat stopped at my house and asked me to sign a NAPKIN for proof of delivery. Then the package had been resealed after they saw I bought some DIsplates they'd have trouble offloading.

not just fedex but fedex smart post...
My last two FedEx smart post packages skipped the post office all together and got “delivered” directly. The first was marked as delivered and left at my door. I never got it. A couple days later a second package was marked delivered, but it wasn’t mine. They left me a package for a house a few streets down.

I called FedEx to fix and call the driver (it was delivered less than 20 min prior) and they insisted I had to call the merchant and report it as lost.

I ended up taking the package I did get to the right house and my package was sitting on their porch—so the driver made two screw ups on the same trip and didn’t think twice.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/10/teardown-suggests-the-switch-oled-dock-is-4k-60fps-ready-and-future-proof

"The claim comes from YouTuber Nintendo Prime, who managed to get hold of a console ahead of its official release on Friday. When comparing the revised dock with the original one, it was found that not only does the dock itself have the HDMI 2.0 controller required for 4K output, but the cable it ships with is also 4K-ready.
By way of comparison, the HDMI controller inside the original dock adheres to the older HDMI 1.4 standard, as is the cable it ships with and is not capable of 4K 60fps.

Nintendo Prime also points out that while there's an ARM-based chip on the dock's motherboard, it does not have the power required to upscale a 1080p image to 4K, so any upscaling would need to be handled by a more powerful Switch console.

These findings could suggest that Nintendo has essentially future-proofed the dock ahead of another hardware iteration which could potentially introduce 4K 60fps. Late last month, 11 developers spoke anonymously to Bloomberg stating that they had 4K dev kits and were creating games to hit that resolution – a claim that was quickly and publicly denied by Nintendo.

Then, a day later, a patent was made public which suggests that Nintendo is working on its own upscaling technology similar to Nvidia's DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling).”

Interesting.

I wish those N64 controllers came with an adapter that could let you plug them into actual N64s. I could justify the price there if they actually were backwards compatible with the older system, letting me use them with both and making it serve another purpose. Mine still work, but it would be nice to have backups.

Did anyone else here pre-order Metroid Dread from Amazon or any other pre-orders with them? I don't have prime so no 2 day shipping but it says it's arriving the 18th. That seems like a long time. It releases tomorrow(the 8th) so why wouldn't they ship it out the day it releases or the day after? I live in Southern California so unless they are not going to ship it out until next week for some reason, I don't see how it should take that long. Even with 4 or 5 day shipping, I should get it on the 13 by the latest. What have been your experiences?

Did anyone else here pre-order Metroid Dread from Amazon or any other pre-orders with them? I don't have prime so no 2 day shipping but it says it's arriving the 18th. That seems like a long time. It releases tomorrow(the 8th) so why wouldn't they ship it out the day it releases or the day after? I live in Southern California so unless they are not going to ship it out until next week for some reason, I don't see how it should take that long. Even with 4 or 5 day shipping, I should get it on the 13 by the latest. What have been your experiences?
From my experience, Amazon just punishes you for using free shipping. They'll hold off on shipping anything for a few days just in case you buy something else, so they can combine multiple orders.

And they switched it to FedEx. Expecting it next week now.
Best Buy shipped my Dread via Fedex I found out this morning. I guess I'll be getting it next week, they are simply terrible these days. They shipped Nick All Star via UPS, so that will be here tomorrow.

it could ship anytime between the 11th and the 18th given my past history with amazon and preorders.  I ordered fire emblem 5 houses from them and it didn't come till about 2-3 weeks later. arise said it wasn't going to come till the 21st-24th but came around the 14th.  Shipping is super backed up still because of all the online orders, holidays gearing up and such so it's not too surprising.  But I do feel like that between prime and having preordered a year or more in advance that stuff should come faster than it is.   As much as I dislike gamestop with how difficult it has been to keep my preorders they sent most of my games I ordered this year within a day of release with the exception of Ys 9 and Scarlet Nexus which both still came around the same week of launch. 

I still have a bunch of games still on preorder for gs and have to keep updating the payment every time they are ready to ship because their order system is so derped up.  

bread's done
Back