Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Decided to mess around with Pac-Man 99 since some of the themes are free.

What a step back compared to Tetris 99. Way more monetization with way less in-game unlockables and much clunkier menus.

Can see why they continue to support Tetris 99 instead.
Isn't Pac-Man 99 free to play though so the only money they get from the game is through those monetization's. Where as Tetris 99 may be free, but is dependent on the online subscription, unless you want offline and two player mode that cost $9.99. Outside of the few themes that are given away in special events the Tetris unlocks are pretty bare bone, IDC about player Icons.

Isn't Pac-Man 99 free to play though so the only money they get from the game is through those monetization's. Where as Tetris 99 may be free, but is dependent on the online subscription, unless you want offline and two player mode that cost $9.99. Outside of the few themes that are given away in special events the Tetris unlocks are pretty bare bone, IDC about player Icons.
Pac man 99 requires online sub too.

Pac-Man 99 also depends on the online subscription and has an offline modes pack for $15 ($5 more). They both have unlockables in the form of themes but Tetris' are free and Pac-Man's are not (and I find Tetris' themes better presented). Tetris also has way more unlockable (and better) player icons whereas Pac-Man's are mostly paid (and the free unlockable ones are not particularly good).
It's an apples to apples comparison. The only difference is Tetris 99 is published by Nintendo and Pac-Man 99 is published by Bamco, which explains the event themes (as well as them being free, as Nintendo gets the online sub money). The whole game is a step back in quality from T99 though, and there's no excuse for the lack of good unlockable player icons.

Last edited by a moderator:
my metroid dread finally came today but the sides were a bit damage, nothing I can do about but glad to finally recieve it. Hope yours come soon
Mine also came today. No damage on mine, but it was in packaging I've never seen before. It said 'TRANSFER' on it and it was definitely not standard Target packaging, so I'm wondering if it moved between carriers or even packaging for some reason.

Regardless, glad it's finally here.

my metroid dread finally came today but the sides were a bit damage, nothing I can do about but glad to finally recieve it. Hope yours come soon
It is 5:21 pm two days later and it hasn't arrived yet. Target chat regarded it as stolen and I'm having a replacement ship to my mom's workplace. They said it will arrive on October 17th. Glad you got yours

Can anyone here recommend Hob: The Definitive Edition?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hob-the-definitive-edition-switch/

It's at an all time low of $2.99 until Oct. 19 ($19.99 msrp. $11.99 previous low).

I played the demo a year or two ago. Seems like a fun 3d puzzle platformer.
I'd hope that it runs well since I have it on a very good PC and it's not the greatest performance-wise. As for how it plays, it's pretty solid for the hack and slash type of game that it is. Might be worth revisiting the demo.

I just finished Dread. My completion time was 6:48. Fun time, but that's shorter than Fusion. The story & twist were kinda...bleh though. The Prime series & Other M had me spoiled on story & character development. Also the ending rewards are garbage. Lol! Glad I used that $15 off Amazon promo. Sucks to hear about another game breaking bug. Other M had one too. 

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1449013374776446986

"In addition to this free update, today’s video presentation also debuted the first details and footage for Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise.** In this paid DLC, you’ll have the chance to join Lottie and the Paradise Planning team. In your new role, you’ll travel to a chain of charming islands where you can design vacation homes, decorate island facilities – like a school and a restaurant – and discover new ways to create and personalize as you gain experience designing dream vacation homes for your clients. 

Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise launches on Nov. 5, and can be purchased for a one-time fee of $24.99.

The paid expansion is also supported as a complimentary feature of Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack, the new membership plan of Nintendo Switch Online that includes the base Nintendo Switch Online membership, plus additional benefits like access to Nintendo 64 games and SEGA Genesis games. 

Members can download Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise for free and play while they maintain an active membership. An Individual Membership will cost $49.99 for 12 months, while a Family Membership will cost $79.99 for 12 months."

The Expansion Pack upgrade is out 10/25.

Guys, prices are up:

49.99 /year individual
79.99 /year family

So, from 19.99 to 49.99, and from 34.99 to 79.99

They are nuts.

untitled-2-1634308265621.jpg

Individual Membership will cost $49.99 for 12 months, while a Family Membership will cost $79.99 for 12 months."
Can nope the fuck right out with that price. I have the family plan for myself and daughter, I'm okay with $50, but if they add games at the same pace they do with the NES and SNES I can't justify the cost. Not to mention basic quality of life things other consoles have, voice chat, messaging, etc.

from the site:

“If you already have an annual Nintendo Switch Online membership, you will get a prorated discount for the new plan. This discount will be a bit different for each eligible member, depending on how much time you have left on their current Nintendo Switch Online membership —you’ll be able to see your unique price before purchasing the plan.”

That at least solves the issue of how you get people to upgrade that are mid-year, though you're still paying the equivalent of $50 for the rest of your term. Sucks for people that just signed up, renewed, or have stacked up multiple years.

Bought one of each controller + free Metroid poster (my nintendo rewards) + free Lego keychain (my nintendo rewards).

Pricing is higher than expected for the online expansion. I'll probably try it anyway since there's 4 of us on my family plan and half are into Animal Crossing.

Not uncommon to see eShop credit and the online memberships on sale over the holidays (Target had family membership for $20 last year) so keep a look out.

That at least solves the issue of how you get people to upgrade that are mid-year, though you're still paying the equivalent of $50 for the rest of your term. Sucks for people that just signed up, renewed, or have stacked up multiple years.
Yeah, I have 2 more years stacked up right now, so I would have a $80 hit for this, I would guess. Ugh. This pricing is really bad unless they're going to add some pretty remarkable stuff in the near future (which seems unlikely.)

Guys, prices are up:

49.99 /year individual
79.99 /year family

So, from 19.99 to 49.99, and from 34.99 to 79.99

They are nuts.
Those are disgusting prices. I personally can't fathom them thinking it was worth near Live and PSN yearly costs. :whistle2:k

Yikes at the price.  I am just going to buy the DLC fro 24.99 for my kids.  I can’t justify the price to just ‘rent’ the DLC and some n64 games I know my kids won’t touch.  

I wasn't really interested in the retro games, but it's a definite nope at that price. Will buy the Happy Home expansion separately. 

Edit... whoa.... Now $80 a year for the family membership.

Wonder how they're going to hit those of us that are already subscribed for a few years.
The N64 Controller sold out LOL. I guess a lot of Nintendo fans don't care what the online costs. Nintendo knows it can charge what it wants and the fans will just buy it all up.

Not really liking the new pricing for some added N64/Genesis games.

I was looking forward to adding the expansion to play some of the old N64 games and a couple of the Genesis games with the family.  I would have gladly paid $10-15 for the extra N64 and Genesis games but $30 is too much since I don't play Animal Crossing.

I think including the AC DLC is a bad idea. Maybe they will get some backlash from this and add a different option.

Noticed that there are also no smaller sub periods for the NSO + Expansion than 12 months, unlike the $20 tier having one month or three month options if you just want a short term sub. Maybe you could sign up for the one month and get the prorated upgrade for the Expansion Pack for that month?

Yeah, that expansion pack price is absurd. Would have considered a minimal price bump of $10 to play some of the N64 games, but yikes.

I guess, maybe, if they continue including DLC in there it might theoretically be worth it to me...but it seems like a la carte pricing would be the way to go on those in most situations. Especially since I have no interest in Animal Crossing.

It's 10 bucks more than I was expecting, didn't think it would be less than 20 bucks but dang. If it gets regular updates and not one every few months like the vanilla service does now  plus maybe access to some DLC in games I care about I'll still subscribe. Will have to wait an see.

It's 10 bucks more than I was expecting, didn't think it would be less than 20 bucks but dang. If it gets regular updates and not one every few months like the vanilla service does now plus maybe access to some DLC in games I care about I'll still subscribe. Will have to wait an see.
I personally think the rate of updates needs to increase. This drip feed pace for 2 more systems is hardly worth the $30/year premium, especially when it’s bringing the service that much closer to what a PS+ year would cost.

Would have considered at an extra $5/year. $30/year is laughably bad. This reeks of the original $250 3DS mistake in price point.

Wait if I have a code I’ll still be able to get 12 months right?

I can’t find any articles that explicitly say this but I think we can just keep regular Nintendo online account right? I don’t need n64 games.

Agreed. Pricing is ridiculous unless all future expansions for their games are now included.
I expected the family plan to hit the magic number ($60) at most.
Fortunately, Family Plans are still only $10 per year per member if you are in a split like I am. It should be less, but I'm ok with $10.

I would like to have 4 N64 Controllers... But that's $200. And I don't even care to opine about the new price... Jesus christ...
I know right? The controllers are out of stock thank goodness. This is all that is stopping me from being a mindless Nintendo drone.

I would have bought 2. Played a couple N64 games with them and never touch them again except for drunken nostalgia nights.

+ $7 shipping
I guess that's why the N64 controllers sold out :) No one wants the Genesis controllers?

I was looking through the store to find something else to buy to get my "free" Nintendo rewards shipped and there is nothing other than Joycons or another Pro controller maybe.

bread's done
Back