Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
The extent to which people will overpay for stuff just because they aren’t willing to do a little research into alternatives never fails to astound me.

If Dr. Smith is looking for a thing for his kid, he probably doesn’t care about fighting crowds or stalking Wario64. One click checkout on eBay and his kid has the thing.

If Dr. Smith is looking for a thing for his kid, he probably doesn’t care about fighting crowds or stalking Wario64. One click checkout on eBay and his kid has the thing.
If you have the money, why not? Time is more valuable.

I like the thrill of the hunt and I’m cheap. I don’t expect everyone else to be.

I didn't think the act of paying double or triple an item's worth needed to be justified, or qualified with an anecdote, as counterpoint to the argument that the scalper-overpaying buyer scenario is ridiculous. The very fact that people are trying to normalize such hedonistic consumerism both astounds and depresses me. You toxic scumbags could simply NOT automate buying up the entire stock of an item on release day to sell to doctors.

Though I understand that resellers have a feeling of entitlement over other consumers' wages--the ones they can't earn due to laziness and lack of skill--I don't entirely blame them. Buyers shouldn't place such importance on the item in the first place. I mean, it's not like game controllers are the same as water, or food, or hand sanitizer, that worthless reseller shitheads hoard to resell during a fucking pandemic or anything.

Last point: I don't believe that doctors are buying their children N64 controllers at the child's behest. No kid today would look at that crazy tripod configuration and think it's a better controller than the Switch Pro. It'd be more like the doctor used the child as an excuse to buy a nostalgic peripheral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody get the Metroid Dread posters from MyNintendo yet? Are they worth the shipping cost?

I'll probably convince myself to get them regardless, but it would be nice to know that they're not cheap crap.

Interestingly, the MyNintendo Redeem Rewards page doesn't have a link for Nintendo Store rewards anymore. Did that happen last time all the redeem dates expired?
I 'ordered' about seven things with the posters to make the shipping seem better. It was worth it, but I don't think so for just the posters.

I was going to quote the fine print details for the Family Memberships, but they just copied the text for the individual sub to use for the Family subs. It seems to suggest that any value over the max they allow ($35 for Family, $20 for individual) gets negated since they're only allow a max of one year for the NSO + Expansion Pack at the moment.

I believe the rate is supposed to be $0.09/day instead of $0.05/day.

https://ec.nintendo.com/US/en/membership
It's 5 cents per day credit for individual and 9 cents per day credit for family plan. A nice little round down for NOA since the math is 5.479 cents per day and 9.589 cents per day, respectively. That rounding is nearly $4 lost in my case of a family plan into summer 2023. Looks like I'll be passing on Expansion Pack for a while.

It's 5 cents per day credit for individual and 9 cents per day credit for family plan. A nice little round down for NOA since the math is 5.479 cents per day and 9.589 cents per day, respectively. That rounding is nearly $4 lost in my case of a family plan into summer 2023. Looks like I'll be passing on Expansion Pack for a while.
Yeah I did that math also. Extremely shady of them.

Yeah, though considering how many people probably bought it on discount or with discounted credit... I'm surprised it actually works out to less than 10% of a loss on the conversion. If you did the family plan with the free 128gb card ... then it's not too bad a conversion. If you just paid for a regular plan without any discounts then it's at most a loss of $1.74 (if bought today) ... or a lot less if you are close to renewal anyway.

The main thing I find shady is the actual price of NSO +Expansion. That's kind of ridiculous asking that much to rent a few games for a year.

The Switch is getting the two Lara Croft side games next year:

Also announced today is a collaboration between Crystal Dynamics and Feral Interactive to bring Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris to Nintendo Switch in 2022, the debut of the Tomb Raider franchise on the console. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris are arcade-inspired action-adventure games that combine the hallmarks of Tomb Raider, including exploration and discovery, platforming, and puzzle solving, with co-operative multiplayer, character progression and fun fast-paced combat.

Yeah, though considering how many people probably bought it on discount or with discounted credit... I'm surprised it actually works out to less than 10% of a loss on the conversion. If you did the family plan with the free 128gb card ... then it's not too bad a conversion. If you just paid for a regular plan without any discounts then it's at most a loss of $1.74 (if bought today) ... or a lot less if you are close to renewal anyway.

The main thing I find shady is the actual price of NSO +Expansion. That's kind of ridiculous asking that much to rent a few games for a year.
There's no reason to exclude all decimals in this math, but if Nintendo wanted to, they should round up. 5.479 cents to 6 cents and 9.589 cents to 10 cents. Taking away from an existing customer while trying to upsell doesn't work as well as the reverse.

The total price of NSO + Expansion is another topic. Just getting a handful of Genesis and of poorly emulated N64 games doesn't seem like it's worth doubling the price (family) or more (individual). I have a feeling the vanilla NSO plans will see a price increase soon so that the difference between vanilla NSO and NSO + Expansion isn't so large. Somewhat surprised that didn't occur simultaneously with the launch of Expansion.

Thank you! I was hoping it would be so I can price match tomorrow at GS.
You might have trouble with that. Gamestop is supposed to make you pull up the price on your phone and show it to them before they can price match. Walmart doesn't display the discounted price on their website. It's an in-store only price.

You might get an employee that doesn't care but you should track down that shelf price picture that KrayzieKMF mentioned and have that with you just in case.

You might have trouble with that. Gamestop is supposed to make you pull up the price on your phone and show it to them before they can price match. Walmart doesn't display the discounted price on their website. It's an in-store only price.

You might get an employee that doesn't care but you should track down that shelf price picture that KrayzieKMF mentioned and have that with you just in case.
Weird, I checked walmart.com earlier today and it was showing 49.99, but now even if I select store pickup and go to checkout it's showing 59.99. Maybe the lower price was only good online for preorders. It would be nice if I could match to Best Buy since I have enough points for a reward cert there.

I won't lie to you. I haven't played it yet, but I always use a game's Steam page to see if I would like it or not. Nintendo doesn't seem to want users to review its releases for whatever reason, but the preview videos on Steam are linked below. Seems like my kind of game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1282930/VoltaX/
76 on Metacritic, not bad. Sounds like it's fairly fun & worth $2 at the very least, so I bought it. Thanks for the heads up.

The real-time strategy game Volta-X is on sale for $1.99.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/volta-x-switch/
The feedback on steam seems kind of mixed. It's leaning positive but even the positive reviews kind of make it seem pretty middling an experience.

After watching a video on the switch version...

https://youtu.be/MYdsD7zOtyA

For tower defense style gameplay... it seems kind of boring to me. I somewhat like the concept but what you actually do in the game seems quite limited.

Maybe for future oddball games like this, purchase them, play them, then post what you like about them.

The feedback on steam seems kind of mixed. It's leaning positive but even the positive reviews kind of make it seem pretty middling an experience.

After watching a video on the switch version...

https://youtu.be/MYdsD7zOtyA

For tower defense style gameplay... it seems kind of boring to me. I somewhat like the concept but what you actually do in the game seems quite limited.

Maybe for future oddball games like this, purchase them, play them, then post what you like about them.
I usually do, but not everyone who posts a deal on CAG has played a game before posting a deal for it. If that was the case, nobody would ever post deals for pre-orders. Besides, not every game will be enjoyed by every player, and as others have said, it's only $2. :roll:

Was going to buy Severed for 75% off, but then I learned you apparently still need a Switch to make a purchase. Waiting on the OLED to be in stock first.

Last edited:
Goldeneye 007 has to be in the pipeline for Switch Online then. I bet MS, Nintendo and the Bond IP holders made a deal where Nintendo can have the OG version and MS can finally release that HD version. And this probably only came about due to all the hype over that leak of that HD prototype.

Goldeneye 007 has to be in the pipeline for Switch Online then. I bet MS, Nintendo and the Bond IP holders made a deal where Nintendo can have the OG version and MS can finally release that HD version. And this probably only came about due to all the hype over that leak of that HD prototype.
:pray:

I usually do, but not everyone who posts a deal on CAG has played a game before posting a deal for it. If that was the case, nobody would ever post deals for pre-orders. Besides, not every game will be enjoyed by every player, and as others have said, it's only $2. :roll:
I picked it up on Steam as well. Only $2 there as well.

paid with a giftcard and dont even see the order in my order history :(

giftcard did get charged though

digital from gamestop.com can take up to 72 hours sometimes.  it's often faster, but it can take that long.

Mine came within 20 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that doesn't change anything. i said it can be shorter, but sometimes it takes up to 72 hours. basically if it gets flagged for manual review. which often happens if you pay with a gift card on anything digital.

Mine was instant email of code too and I used tic. Purely a crapshoot with gsmestop but glad I don't have to wait up to 72hrs for a code.

bread's done
Back