Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Bought an Analogue Super Nt off eBay for $140 (included a wireless 8bitdo controller). Boy did I miss slapping a chunky cartridge in and being able to see what game I had in from the couch. Awesome SNES system if you are on the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought an Analogue Super Nt off eBay for $140 (included a wireless 8bitdo controller). Boy did I miss slapping a chunky cartridge in and being able to see what game I had in from the couch. Awesome SNES system if you are on the fence.
I love mine look in to the jb so you can play some of the cool rom hacks. The mega sg is awesome as well. The designer Kevtris is active on discord in the classic gaming channel.

I cant wait for my analogue pocket to ship.

I do need to get one of those. Have the Genesis one. A+

anyone know when the metroid poster codes from october expire? they seemed to have changed the way the rewards store works and i can't see the item anymore unless i go to my points history

I have 3 years of individual membership
I saw depending on the amount of membership left Nintendo might prorate or credit for the expansion pass

Am I to understand it’s $50 for the individual + expansion pass or $80 for the family? And this is basically to play the N64 and genesis Games on the new controllers ?

Also, are some members adding others to accounts if they have room? If so please let me know how one someone might get into a group, as I am a new member here, long time lurker, but I joined when I bought my second switch just recently (lite)

Thanks and pardon any rudimentary or repeat question? It’s just with 222 pages it’s hard to pickup from the end when I’m just starting out - and I hope I’m not being presumptuous in asking for some help

I see some of you are die hard veterans who know this inside out so I don’t want to be that annoying newbie but this expansion is new to me and I just got my 5 year old into Nintendo this year so I’m glad to pass down the bug with all this retro classic stuff coming out

Thanks again

I have 3 years of individual membership
I saw depending on the amount of membership left Nintendo might prorate or credit for the expansion pass

Am I to understand it’s $50 for the individual + expansion pass or $80 for the family? And this is basically to play the N64 and genesis Games on the new controllers ?

Also, are some members adding others to accounts if they have room? If so please let me know how one someone might get into a group, as I am a new member here, long time lurker, but I joined when I bought my second switch just recently (lite)
Don’t worry, the whole thing’s a bit messy.

You can check the price of your individual discount in this link: https://ec.nintendo.com/US/en/membership
The system discounts your remaining membership from a full 1-year membership of the new tier ($50/$80) at a rate of ~5 cents per remaining day, and will terminate your current remaining sub when upgrading.

Since you have more than 1 year loaded up, the discount may probably not map 1-to-1 to the 3 years you have right now, be careful with that.

The new subscription so far only lets you access N64 and Genesis games, and the new Animal Crossing DLC (sold standalone for $25). All controllers work on the classic games, the new pads are optional.

People here are generally selling spots to other users into 8-member Family subscriptions. Sometimes they post here or in the eShop thread in the Trading board of this forum. (disclaimer: I was doing precisely this).

A certain member was very kind in slowly explaining and now I totally get it: I also was wondering if anyone had an extra N64 or genesis controller to sell me ($100 plus shipping and I’ll cover PayPal)
I just wanted one each for my son really
Thank you

A certain member was very kind in slowly explaining and now I totally get it: I also was wondering if anyone had an extra N64 or genesis controller to sell me ($100 plus shipping and I’ll cover PayPal)
I just wanted one each for my son really
Thank you
Holy crap, just buy the retro-bit Genesis pad, it works with Switch right out of the box and costs less than $30. There are wired, bluetooth, and 2.4GHz versions.

If you’re less attached to a 1-to-1 reproduction, the M30 pad from 8bitdo is like a marriage between the 6-button Genesis pad and the Sega Saturn pad, costs about the same as Retro-Bit’s, and also comes in bluetooth or 2.4GHz varieties and works with Switch right out of the box.

Retro-Bit also makes an N64-inspired pad, though I don’t know how good it is, and it’s shaped more like a modern pad.

The Happy Home Paradise DLC for Animal Crossing is really fun. I played a bit, and it’s definitely something that I’ll sink some hours into. If it wasn’t part of the online subscription I probably would’ve skipped it.

Metal Gear Solid 3D is being delisted tomorrow until they can get historical footage re-licensed for the games:

FDonUppWUAQHwJZ.jpg

Genuinely shocked that Konami would even bother renewing this random license just to keep this ancient game on a dead console's digital storefront. Not complaining, it's a good sign. Maybe they really are rising back from the dead.

Genuinely shocked that Konami would even bother renewing this random license just to keep this ancient game on a dead console's digital storefront. Not complaining, it's a good sign. Maybe they really are rising back from the dead.
Tbf, it's getting delisted on all platforms, not just the 3DS.

The Happy Home Paradise DLC for Animal Crossing is really fun. I played a bit, and it’s definitely something that I’ll sink some hours into. If it wasn’t part of the online subscription I probably would’ve skipped it.
I played about 4 hours of it over the weekend, and it seems pretty robust. A lot of different things to explore. It's made me want to consider redesigning much of my island. I want to share more details, but there is so much content. Don't want to spoil anything. I've had to be careful going around the internet, because all the content is being spoiled everywhere. It's more fun to start the game up and see what's new.

I played about 4 hours of it over the weekend, and it seems pretty robust. A lot of different things to explore. It's made me want to consider redesigning much of my island. I want to share more details, but there is so much content. Don't want to spoil anything. I've had to be careful going around the internet, because all the content is being spoiled everywhere. It's more fun to start the game up and see what's new.
On the flip side, the 3DS game had a lot of the new content. So it's less "spoiler" for me, and more "what's back?"

There's also not a lot of new items if you don't get the DLC. Most of the new non-items are in the free expansion.

Being able to unlock customizing Nook Miles items (like light house, etc) is a welcome surprise, since we had to trade for variants before.

Tried to buy Splatoon 2 + DLC pack on Walmart but my order got cancelled due to "Suspicious behavior" - I hate Walmart so much.

It sucks that you can't buy a digital game on the eshop unless you've already got a system connected to your account. I don't have a Switch yet (just waiting for a resotck on the OLED), and the store won't even let me buy any games on sale in the meantime.

bread's done
Back