Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
What would you guys say is a fair price for a used Wii U in decent condition is these days? I’ve been watching ebay for a few days now and seems like the lower offers on there for everything together are mostly around ~$115-$130.

What would you guys say is a fair price for a used Wii U in decent condition is these days? I’ve been watching ebay for a few days now and seems like the lower offers on there for everything together are mostly around ~$115-$130.
Where are you located? If you're from SoCal bookoff and ecotown have Wii U in stock for $75-$100.

DLC has been $9.79 before at gamestop. Splatoon 2 has been cheaper physically through the buy 2 get 1 free (used) promo at gamestop last year. But the walmart deal is probably the cheapest it's been digitally with the DLC.

Game + DLC (physical game + dlc digital code) cheapest price would've been $16.66 + $9.79 = $26.45
I would buy from Gamestop if it was digital....never buying anything physical from there and oh...if I remember right, for some reason, buying digital off their website never worked for me for years...so I have yet to buy anything from Gamestop lol.

Wish it was a physical.  I have 2 kids and want to split the games between the 2 of them.  With one code they won’t both be able to play at the same time.

Any way at all to split up the two games between two accounts? Would love to give one game to a friend and by getting a digital "double" pack, pretty much just getting one game (doubt I'll ever play twice).

If not and my friend plays with my account Shining Pearl, am I able to trade/battle with my Brilliant Diamond even though we're both on same account?

Wish it was a physical. I have 2 kids and want to split the games between the 2 of them. With one code they won’t both be able to play at the same time.
You can do a run around by having both accounts logged in on both switches. From what I understand this allows you to share game libraries as well so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to look into if you want to save money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish it was a physical. I have 2 kids and want to split the games between the 2 of them. With one code they won’t both be able to play at the same time.
Google Switch gameshare

Basically, if you have Switch A with Profile 1 and Switch B with Profile 2:

1) Add Profile 1 to Switch B

2) Set Switch B as Profile 1's primary console

3) Redeem games on Profile 1

From then on, Switch B will play as Profile 2 but still have access to all purchases from Profile 1. Switch A plays as Profile 1 but requires active Internet connection to play its purchases.

Price back to normal.

I love a good price but glad I resisted. Don't need a double-pack. One of those games for $35 would be nice.

Just wanted to pass this heads up along to anyone who got the steel book version of Shin Megami Tensei V.  Be careful not to drop it with the slip cover on.  Snapped a good junk of the cover off from the side with the title on it when I dropped it last night.  

The Pokémon double pack sort of baffles me. How is it beneficial to have one code for two games since you’ll need two Switches to fill out the dex via trading anyway? It would have been an instant buy for me if there were two codes, one each for the wife and me. Eh well, I’ll just have to wait for a deal for the singles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pokémon double pack sort of baffles me. How is it beneficial to have one code for two games since you’ll need two Switches to fill out the dex via trading anyway? It would have been an instant buy for me if there were two codes, one each for the wife and me. Eh well, I’ll just have to wait for a deal for the singles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. It can be done with Pokemon Home, but it would be much preferred to have two separate codes for multiple switches.

Google Switch gameshare

Basically, if you have Switch A with Profile 1 and Switch B with Profile 2:

1) Add Profile 1 to Switch B

2) Set Switch B as Profile 1's primary console

3) Redeem games on Profile 1

From then on, Switch B will play as Profile 2 but still have access to all purchases from Profile 1. Switch A plays as Profile 1 but requires active Internet connection to play its purchases.
This will still have the restriction where two accounts cannot be playing at the same time though, right? Since it's a single code, each game won't be separate so the profile 2 user will be unable to launch it while profile 1 is playing?

We don't buy much digital, and it never seems to work how I think it's supposed to work.

This will still have the restriction where two accounts cannot be playing at the same time though, right? Since it's a single code, each game won't be separate so the profile 2 user will be unable to launch it while profile 1 is playing?
For most games, both can play at a time. You can even visit each other's Animal Crossing island on one copy (but local connection doesn't work, but online does).

We don't buy much digital, and it never seems to work how I think it's supposed to work.
Not sure if there is a precedent for this situation to support this but I have to think that even though it's one code, when redeemed it will still be separate games technically speaking as far as how they appear on the system. Therefore the same game wouldn't be played at the same time.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

Seeing that some retailers have started their Black Friday prices already. Any deals on Switch digital games anywhere? Got a few 1st party still on the wishlist

Gamestop just put a bunch of 1st party switch titles new for $26.99 each.

Astral Chain
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Kirby Star Allies
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Splatoon 2
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Heads up the digital versions are the same price. 

After the 300 gold coins comes out to about to about $24 net. 

Heads up the digital versions are the same price.

After the 300 gold coins comes out to about to about $24 net.
Yes as digital went to same prices. Placed two orders as max is 3 digital per order.

Still waiting for codes from first 2 orders.

Think they may have caught on as not letting me add to cart.
The gs website will prevent you after a certain amount of activity as a lame security measure. I was able to add to cart again using incognito browser on chrome.

These digital prices are 100% mistakes, so grab them while you can if interested. I bought three titles to game share with my nephews. Have all of the codes already.

The gs website will prevent you after a certain amount of activity as a lame security measure. I was able to add to cart again using incognito browser on chrome.

These digital prices are 100% mistakes, so grab them while you can if interested. I bought three titles to game share with my nephews. Have all of the codes already.
Thanks as edited my message when tried another browser.

The Ring Fit Adventure listing on Best Buy got nuked for some reason. I'd really rather not buy it at GS in case I get a gutted copy. How long until everywhere else puts it at $54.99?

Edit: Price is live on Amazon now

Gamestop deals:

I snagged 3 digital Nintendo eShop titles -- Breath of the Wild, Kirby, and Astral Chain.

I already own a physical copy of BOTW, but I should be able to use it as a decent gift for a niece/nephew this Christmas...

I have a physical copy of Fire Emblem 3 Houses -- I'm tempted to snag the digital and trade/sell the physical later, as I'm fairly sure I would come out at least even.

bread's done
Back