Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I still don’t understand the appeal of Monster Rancher games without using your own physical CDs.
The New Monster Generating System!
One of the most unique features of the original game, which allowed players to acquire monsters by importing CDs,
has been replaced with a new music database that can be used to generate monsters by searching CD titles!
This is your chance to raise the rare monsters that you couldn’t acquire before!

What? :shock:

On the other hand, I think it’s fantastic. We could very easily just have 4 month droughts for 2-game batches like NES/SNES.

Not that either way is great, this is just less bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
One game a month confirmed. Lame.
While one a month is lame at least they are adding things for N64. When is the last time they added anything to the NES or SNES. I think the SNES was in July. They haven't added anything to NES in a while. I would sign up for the expansion if they made a tier that didn't include the animal crossing DLC.

The New Monster Generating System!
One of the most unique features of the original game, which allowed players to acquire monsters by importing CDs,
has been replaced with a new music database that can be used to generate monsters by searching CD titles!
This is your chance to raise the rare monsters that you couldn’t acquire before!

What? :shock:
So you are most likely limited to generating 1-5 new monsters per day with various CD titles that you research. And since you can research ANY CD title without owning it, you just wait for someone to find the most OP monsters and look up those CD's.

Spoiler: this will generate the most OP monster

So you are most likely limited to generating 1-5 new monsters per day with various CD titles that you research. And since you can research ANY CD title without owning it, you just wait for someone to find the most OP monsters and look up those CD's.

Does that become SMT Mara?

ONLY ONE LEFT! Buy now! Only $44!

I guess the next free No Gravity Games game will be on Monday?

I've been really hoping they would give us Wallachia or Tanuki Justice but time is starting to run out.

I guess the next free No Gravity Games game will be on Monday?

I've been really hoping they would give us Wallachia or Tanuki Justice but time is starting to run out.
Yeah, they let the Friday game run until Monday.
According to the giveaway page, there are ten more games to be given away. How many games have they made?

Tried to price match hyrule warriors Age of calamity DLC pass with Best Buy but got denied because they have different model numbers. Like, it’s digital, how is it a different model? Figure it’s so they can get away with not price matching other retailers. Oh well.

Is the Breath of the Wild DLC only for people who want a harder challenge?
The DLC adds a bunch of search quests for callback armor and items, and the Trial of the Sword which is a fun and somewhat difficult challenge where you go into a series of challenge rooms with nothing and have to survive on what you pick up and your runes. It doesn't change the overall game itself otherwise.

Does anyone know if you buy a digital game/expansion pass from like Gamestop or somewhere discounted, that the Nintendo Store will still give you the amount of gold coins as if you had bought it full price?

Also, if BOTW+Expansion pass worth the price now, or should we wait until BOTW2 drops to get it if it's further discounted?

Thanks a bunch.

Does anyone know if you buy a digital game/expansion pass from like Gamestop or somewhere discounted, that the Nintendo Store will still give you the amount of gold coins as if you had bought it full price?

Also, if BOTW+Expansion pass worth the price now, or should we wait until BOTW2 drops to get it if it's further discounted?
Thanks a bunch.
1. Yes you do get full coins in those cases.

2. Extremely unlikely. Nintendo of America is not big on cross promoting via discounts, especially any lower than the prices you’re seeing now.

1. Yes you do get full coins in those cases.

2. Extremely unlikely. Nintendo of America is not big on cross promoting via discounts, especially any lower than the prices you’re seeing now.
Cool, appreciate ya! Do you need to wait until the eShop has the game(s) back to full price to get full coins or will it award them at any time?

Thanks a bunch.
Even *if* Nintendo were to cross promote (which I agree with @helveticastandard, they don't/won't), you'd end up waiting at least a year to save a few bucks on an amazing game that is out right now. To me, BOTW is well worth even full MSRP.

Edit to add - BOTW is slated for a "2022" release date, but that is by no means remotely solid.

bread's done
Back