Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it had very high production values. Especially between the lag and horrible load times. Like what the hell was it doing to take so long to load?

Well I suppose I can have some hope that the next FE mainline game might swing back towards the more established gameplay if there are more people who felt like this. Instead of it being no chance, maybe its a 1/100 chance.

Agreed, not a fan of the romance sim aspects of that last Fire emblem, hoping they go back to the basics for the next one ala Fire Emblem Awakening. Skipped through the video once I saw the new game was a Warriors game let alone based on 3 Houses storyline.
I love FE and I’d have to agree with you. I just wanna fight bad guys and die permanently. Is that too much to ask?

Well I suppose I can have some hope that the next FE mainline game might swing back towards the more established gameplay if there are more people who felt like this. Instead of it being no chance, maybe its a 1/100 chance.
Since the main group of fans like the shipping probably a low chance to go back to more normal maps and less stupid stuff like fates and awakening.

Three Houses was my first Fire Emblem game. I managed to do 2 (Edelgaard and Claude) of the routes so far but can't bring myself to grind through the game just to experience the last one (blue route) which everyone says is best to be done first (not wasting my time with the 4th Church route since it is almost the same as Claude's route I hear). I just think it is poor game design to make the players repeat the same stuff. I like tactical strategy games but the incentive of unlocking the cutscenes with new house members isn't motivation enough I guess to repeat the same stuff.

permadeath is an option, yes.  but the game was so simple i never had to do my save reloads like previous games a single time.

the romance elements were definitely more of the focus.

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/status/1493601004989952005

Starting February 17 around 10am PST and lasting through 10am PST February 23rd , players 18 or over in U.S. and Canada with a PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch internet-connected console can participate in the MLB The Show 22 Technical Test. What is the Technical Test? We want to deliver the best version possible of MLB The Show 22 and to do that we need everyone’s help to stress test the servers, online match-making, cross-platform play, online co-op, and more in addition to gathering feedback on gameplay. The best news? No need to sign up, it’s open to everyone eligible**. Download for free on the PlayStation Store beginning tomorrow, February 16. Learn more at www.theshow.com/techtest

Last edited by a moderator:
3 houses was probably weakest strategy FE to date, but the most waifu sim one. so i guess depends on what looking for. I'll agree it didn't catch as much but I'm probably more interested in warriors because of that.
I don't even mind so much that there's some waifu sim focus - though I don't particularly care for it, either - but it's that you essentially had to spend completely inordinate amounts of time running around your castle. I get that something has to exist outside of the battles to drive the character arcs and overall story narrative forward, but my god was it overblown for my taste. I didn't even make it through one playthrough, honestly.

I just want to battle. But I want tactical battles, not Warriors-style. Fell Seal scratched the itch for me.

This has been matched by GS this morning. I did that since I had trade credit to blow. Got the 600 coins.
I had my $5 monthly GS coupon, plus 13,000 rewards points, and since they will let you use multiple coupons as long as they're different denominations, I used a $10, a $5 and a $3, and the clerk was like "you just got a triple A title for $22 out of pocket, PLUS you get 600 coins? That's almost enough for a 3 month basic NSO membership!"

I had my $5 monthly GS coupon, plus 13,000 rewards points, and since they will let you use multiple coupons as long as they're different denominations, I used a $10, a $5 and a $3, and the clerk was like "you just got a triple A title for $22 out of pocket, PLUS you get 600 coins? That's almost enough for a 3 month basic NSO membership!"
Haha, man. They're trying.

• As of May 23, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of August 29, 2022, it will no longer be possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. However, it will still be possible to redeem download codes until late March 2023.
Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until late March 2023. After that, the balance can only be used to purchase content for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.

If someone visits Nintendo eShop and wants to download something on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family systems after late March 2023, what will they able to do?

• On both platforms, users will still be able to:
    Redownload content they own
  • Download existing software updates

[*]On both platforms, users will not be able to:
  • Purchase any content
    On Nintendo 3DS, this includes paid content, plays and passes in software such as StreetPass Mii Plaza, Theme Shop, Nintendo Badge Arcade and Pokémon Bank.
  • On Wii U, this includes passes in software such as Wii Sports Club.

[*]Download demos
[*]Download free-to-start software
[*]Redeem a download code
[*]Add funds to their Nintendo eShop balance

[*]On Nintendo 3DS family systems, users will still be able to:
  • Download a small number of free themes from Theme Shop

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57847

I don't even mind so much that there's some waifu sim focus - though I don't particularly care for it, either - but it's that you essentially had to spend completely inordinate amounts of time running around your castle. I get that something has to exist outside of the battles to drive the character arcs and overall story narrative forward, but my god was it overblown for my taste. I didn't even make it through one playthrough, honestly.

I just want to battle. But I want tactical battles, not Warriors-style. Fell Seal scratched the itch for me.
I just downloaded triangle strategy. Hoping that will scratch the itch.

Also advance wars 1+2 is coming out.

https://my-nintendo-3ds-wiiu-memories.nintendo.com/en-US/index.html

Nintendo put up a stats page of your most played 3DS and Wii U games.

FLr1JH5UcAE089m.jpg
FLr1JICVgAI9owH.jpg

Not sure how Netflix was even a thing I used that much, but never got much use out of the Wii U outside of a few games.

Have most of what I want for 3ds and Wii U, but had been holding off a few years on virtual console titles in case more classic systems were released. Might be time to pick up some GB and GBA games since nothing has been released, and I'm guessing if they're ever on Switch it will just be tied to that subscription.

I have a bunch of Humble Bundle codes I need to redeem, I suppose.

I put 180 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X. That's a lot of hours.

Nintendo shutting down stores is why I buy as much as I can on physical cartridge for the Switch. Nintendo's lack of commitment to its own digital goods doesn’t inspire confidence of being able to access my digital purchases until I’m in my grave.

My 3DS game history is a little inaccurate because I haven't been online at all on my 3DS in several years, because reasons. As far as the future of digital content for both my 3DS and Vita, I'm not particularly worried about it, also because reasons.

My 3DS game history is a little inaccurate because I haven't been online at all on my 3DS in several years, because reasons. As far as the future of digital content for both my 3DS and Vita, I'm not particularly worried about it, also because reasons.
[attachment=36678:1A36ABE7-16DC-4158-802F-06402B4A26DB.jpeg]
What be ye reasons me hardy? 😉

There may or may not be a reason that I have 2 WiiU systems and 2 3DS systems.  Clearly it is so if the hardware fails, I have a backup that Nintendo can use for restoring my old data to.  Yep, that's the reason.  

Lately I am catching up on as many Nintendo games and franchises as I can and the easiest way to play many of them is through Virtual Console purchases on Wii U and 3DS, so is it actually likely Nintendo will offer clearance prices on these games before the stores close?

What do you all think?
I think it VERY unlikely they will be offering sales on the items. Other companies, like Capcom and such, I can see doing that... but Nintendo has a "value" for their titles and they tend to stick to that.

Lately I am catching up on as many Nintendo games and franchises as I can and the easiest way to play many of them is through Virtual Console purchases on Wii U and 3DS, so is it actually likely Nintendo will offer clearance prices on these games before the stores close?

What do you all think?
Nintendo? Hell no. I do see a Sega and the like going for it.

Nintendo shutting down stores is why I buy as much as I can on physical cartridge for the Switch. Nintendo's lack of commitment to its own digital goods doesn’t inspire confidence of being able to access my digital purchases until I’m in my grave.
I too lean towards physicals... but let me tell you this, as someone over the hump and staring down the other side of the hill (at 48)... I don't care as much about playing old games as I thought I would. My taste in game has also changed. I don't mess around with games that don't tick a lot of boxes in genre I like. I have a short list of franchises I care about. Beyond that, letting stuff go is important. In 20 years I'll be 68... I'm already over the whole SHMUP genre because it's just getting a bit too hard to focus on keeping a ship alive in a swarm of hundreds of projectiles. What will my reaction times be in 20 years to even get enjoyment from open world action rpg/adventure games (possibly my main gaming love)? Will I even want to game then... or will I still be keeping up with what is going on in gaming. So... my suggestion to anyone approaching midlife... play what you love the most and forget about the fluff and building a huge collection that you will one day get to when you retire. Also don't worry so much about preservation of everything, just keep your absolute favorite games (physical, or whatever) and actually play them from time to time to prove you still care as much about experiencing them again and it's not just the nostalgia of having played them. There are a lot of movies and games I consider exceptional but I've never gone back to a second time. It's ok to have a great experience and then move on to something else.

So I just jumped on the web browser version of the Nintendo eShop to start formulating a list of the Virtual Console and previous-gen games I plan to purchase before they all get removed next year, and I discovered that Nintendo redesigned and updated it!

The option to list all Virtual Console games by platform is gone, and games from many platforms (N64 games playable on Wii U, GBA and DS games, Wii games that were digitally ported to Wii U like the Mario Galaxies and Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc. etc.) have been removed! If you search for them, they don’t come up, and if you search for them individually on Google, it takes you to a “Whoops!” error page on the eShop. I assume they are still purchase-able on the systems themselves until next March (I won’t be able to check until I get home from work tonight), but creating a wishlist and buying many of these games via a web browser is no longer an option! Now we have to search for them and buy them exclusively on the consoles themselves! 🙄🙄🙄

Also, I am currently unable to add any games, new or old, to my wishlist- what is going on here?

None of the articles, tweets, or comments I’ve read about Nintendo’s Wii U/3DS eShop announcement today has mentioned any of this.

MAN I wish I would’ve put this list together before this update went live!

I would also offer the counterpoint and say you don't always need new stuff just cause everyone is talking about it, and they may for like a week if you're lucky. First of all that's expensive, and stuff is fleeting especially for video games, music, movies and social media anything. Don't be afraid to be playing stuff that's not in the in scene and maybe old or whatever. You can enjoy things anytime from anytime and likely can be a lot cheaper to do this. I'll also add that if something isn't too your liking drop it, sell it, or get rid of it. Your time isn't infinite so don't waste it on stuff you consider bad or mediocre. Don't believe in the sunk cost fallacy, where you paid for it so you must get your money out of it. We all take chances, and sometimes they don't work out, so it's lot less of a cost to just drop it and move on. I have dropped countless games, books, movies, tv shows, etc.  The biggest thing is your enjoyment and hopefully spending the most time with things that matter the most in your life.

Save ya monies….with this digital it doesn’t mean you 100% own if you can’t get your games back without just signing in.

That eshop stuff sounds similar to what Sony did with PS3/Vita games, though Sony was even worse. Some games you can't search for or purchase through the system shop - but you also can't buy any PS3 or Vita games on the web store at all. A while back a publisher put a bunch of their games on sale, but several games I wanted I was completely unable to buy.

Discs rot, flash memory cards fail, cartridge pins get corroded. If you live a long life, chances are good some of your physical media won’t last you till you’re in your grave, either. If you want to preserve your games, the only way is to back them up (or rely on the backups others have made).

What's the current shipping cost on these rewards?

-edit-

Shipping is $7 plus tax. Picked up Nook keychain (traded Platinum Points for Cool Uncle Points) and the Mario coins (for me).

I'm sorry; does that game case only hold eight games? When they used to to eighteen-game cases for 3DS games?

I actually bought a twelve game case recently and I thought even that was lacking.
I have an 80-game case. Wonder if I could fill it if I actually opened all my Switch games ^^;

The Club Nintendo 18-game 3DS cases from back in the day were amazing! I still use them.

I've been anticipating this move and a few months ago I got my Wii U out of storage, hooked it up and purchased the remaining games I was interested in and got everything downloaded. I'm surprised to see them sunsetting the 3DS so soon though. Now I've got to find my OG 2DS with my purchases on it (thanks for tying purchases to systems, Nintendo :/).

I started ordering a Switch card case, but then wondered why I'm paying $7 for an empty case.

I have a Hori Switch case that holds both Switch and Vita carts, so I should really just keep using that.

bread's done
Back