Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
This year I barely played any games so no need for a site to tell me anything.  I put around 20 hours into Live A Live.  Beyond that it wasn't enough to really make note of (maybe 5 hours of Grand Mountain Adventure?).   I'm hopeful over the next year I'll get back into gaming.  I was going through game hardware last week and noticed for Saturn I still have a copy of Christmas NiGHTS... so I may hook it up and give that some time even though I don't have a saturn 3d controller anymore.  Usually this time of year I'd fire up the dreamcast (or PS4) and play Shenmue since the story takes place at this exact time of year and runs through Christmas day.

Update: No Gravity Games 12 Days of Christmas Event:

So far I'm batting 1000 on predicting this event.

1. Exorder (Mon 5th)
2. Graviter (Tue 6th)
3. Creepy Tale (Wed 7th)
4. Destropolis (Thu 8th)
5. Supersonic Tank Cats (Fri 9th)
6. Strike Force Kitty (Sat 10th)
7. Powertris (Sun 11th)
8. Star Horizon (Mon 12th)
9. Pool Pro GOLD (Tue 13th)
10. Nova-111 (Wed 14th)

Games 1->9 on sale for $1.99ea, though if you failed to get stuff this deep into the event, skip it since you need to own everything to get today's game and those after for free.

Remaining games not on sale include a new addition, Primal Light, which was on sale until today.  I'll still post a link, but I expect Creepy Tale 2 and Golden Force to be the last free games during this event as it would be a middle finger to anyone that bought Primal Light at launch while it was on sale.

Creepy Tale 2

Update: No Gravity Games 12 Days of Christmas Event:

So far I'm batting 1000 on predicting this event.

1. Exorder (Mon 5th)
2. Graviter (Tue 6th)
3. Creepy Tale (Wed 7th)
4. Destropolis (Thu 8th)
5. Supersonic Tank Cats (Fri 9th)
6. Strike Force Kitty (Sat 10th)
7. Powertris (Sun 11th)
8. Star Horizon (Mon 12th)
9. Pool Pro GOLD (Tue 13th)
10. Nova-111 (Wed 14th)

Games 1->9 on sale for $1.99ea, though if you failed to get stuff this deep into the event, skip it since you need to own everything to get today's game and those after for free.

Remaining games not on sale include a new addition, Primal Light, which was on sale until today. I'll still post a link, but I expect Creepy Tale 2 and Golden Force to be the last free games during this event as it would be a middle finger to anyone that bought Primal Light at launch while it was on sale.

Creepy Tale 2 <- Released Oct 7, 2021
Golden Force <- Released Feb 28, 2021

new:
Primal Light <- Released Nov 24, 2022 (not likely free, still odd the sale ended two days before this event ended)

Event: https://nogravitygames.com/xmas-giveaway/
All of their Eshop games: https://www.nintendo.com/search/?cat=gme&f=softwarePublisher&softwarePublisher=No%20Gravity%20Games
Would be cool if Primal Light somehow ends up being the last game they give away, although I doubt it. It does look pretty nifty.

So far I have owned all of these from the last giveaway except for Supersonic Tank Cats.

My stats weren't very surprising:

Pokemon Legends: Arceus - 248 hours

Ace Angler - 94 hours

Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits - 87 hours (This game came out at the very end of October :lol:)

---

Lil Gator Game is on sale for $13.99. The launch discount goes until 12/22

It looks like they took the exploration mechanics from Breath of The Wild and combined it with A Short Hike. It's also pretty stinkin' cute! Completion time looks to be around 5-7 hours.

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/1594722307078950912

Review:

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/lil-gator-game

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus 248 hours in arceus. Was that getting the tallest otter and spawning a shieldon?

I failed to get either so I gave up. Screw them and their shitty rng.

Jesus 248 hours in arceus. Was that getting the tallest otter and spawning a shieldon?
I failed to get either so I gave up. Screw them and their shitty rng.
I'm pretty sure I caught them all and did every quest. I was working my way through completing every Pokedex task. I got pretty close but finally gave it up to play other games.

If anyone does not have Diablo on Switch, this is a great deal! Includes Diablo II Resurrected and Diablo 3 + expansion.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1603314714951372800?s=46&t=mdXE5r03NT71bgJP2ixa4w

apparently most of the gravity games have already been offered in previous years as I think I've only gotten one new item so far

edit: I probably should have refreshed before posting this

The two Mario + Rabbids games for $32 total is tempting, but I already have the first one. Guess I'll continue waiting for a further drop on the new one.

If anyone does not have Diablo on Switch, this is a great deal! Includes Diablo II Resurrected and Diablo 3 + expansion.
I'm hoping the Xbox ver goes on similar sale so I can play at 60fps and higher res. If you want portable though, this price can't be beat.

-Update- Xbox sale today has Diablo for the same prices. Going to grab the combo pack. I already beat III a few times on PC, but this will be my first time playing II.

The two Mario + Rabbids games for $32 total is tempting, but I already have the first one. Guess I'll continue waiting for a further drop on the new one.

I'm hoping the Xbox ver goes on similar sale so I can play at 60fps and higher res. If you want portable though, this price can't be beat.
Yeah, I paid $15 for a digital copy of mario + rabbids gold edition so I will probably hold out until the sequel reaches that price range.

Just want to make mention again that on the free games the website for the eshop freaked when I opened each game when I intiially built the list and it made it appear as if I owned most everything when I ended up only owning about four of the games in this event.   The eshop through the switch showed me correctly what I had.

I wish we had the option for turning off automatic downloads.  For the most part they don't bother me as it's easy enough to just pause/delete anything I don't want right this moment... but options are good.

walmart canceled my price mistake fire emblem
Same. Of course, I cancelled my Target order after placing the Walmart one ^^;

Tbh, $100 for the divine edition isn't really worth it, so I'm not too upset about giving up my Target po.

Streaming some Lil Gator Game if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a rad and chill Zelda-like, but without any real combat to it since the game is all about a group of kids setting up a Zelda-like role play adventure where your lil gator dude is trying to make a bunch of friends to get his older sister to join them like they used to do when they were younger. There are lots of fun little silly or charming moments with the kids where some have issues you can help them with and others are just into the role play of the overall game to help out. Definitely worth checking out if you're into exploration adventure games.

I had a slightly different method on checking what No Gravity Games I had, so that I don't have to check the shop every time. I just reorganized the games list on my Switch by publisher, and made note of every No Gravity game that was on there. Golden Force did throw me off, since it showed it was downloaded. After some checking, reorganizing it by title, it turned it was downloaded and was listed under a different publisher.

I just used Dekudeals. It took a little time but I catalogued my whole PS4 and Switch collection, and update that and my wishlist whenever necessary. When a new game pops up I just look it up and it'll say whether I have it.

I just used Dekudeals. It took a little time but I catalogued my whole PS4 and Switch collection, and update that and my wishlist whenever necessary. When a new game pops up I just look it up and it'll say whether I have it.
Yep. Dekudeals is essentially my eshop. Much better interface to organize what I own and sale prices. It is great for other platforms too but it started out as Switch-only.

Yep. Dekudeals is essentially my eshop. Much better interface to organize what I own and sale prices. It is great for other platforms too but it started out as Switch-only.
After I added all my titles on Dekudeals last year, I've made it a point of doing all eShop purchases through Dekudeals (to track each item), linking directly to the web eShop. So much easier...

Is it not possible to claim an M rated game on a child account? My son has been claiming the free games from No Gravity Games and today's says he can't view the page to claim it.

Edit: I figured it out and was able to purchase it on his account.

Is it not possible to claim an M rated game on a child account? My son has been claiming the free games from No Gravity Games and today's says he can't view the page to claim it.

Edit: I figured it out and was able to purchase it on his account.
Would you mind sharing the method? My son missed out Golden Force yesterday due to that exact reason.

This is sort of correct but it’s a bit more complicated. I had to have two Switch consoles to make it work.

For context, we have a Switch in the living room that my Nintendo account is set as primary and so is my sons, it allows him to play my digital games on that one. I have a Switch lite that I use and my other son also has a Switch Lite.

He was claiming each of the free games on my Switch Lite with no issues until Golden Force hit. Then he was met with that Content Restricted page. We tried logging into his account on PC and we’re met with the same Content Restricted page.

What I tried next was opening a private window on PC and searching Golden Force on Nintendo, I clicked in to purchase the game and then logged into his account at the end of the checkout process, this still didn’t work and it popped up saying “Another account on your primary Switch already purchased this game”

This error message gave me an idea, I Deregistered his account on our main Switch where I already own the game and made the Switch lite his primary Switch and then did the same method of using a private browser not logged in and then it let me get it for $0 once I was already in the checkout process and logged him in at the last stage of checkout.

When I tried the website logged in as him before going to the product page I was still met with the “Restricted Content” screen with no ability to enter an age or use parental controls to allow it or anything like that.

Thank you for the detailed information, Donken.  We only have one Switch so wouldn't be able to use that method, but nevertheless amazing how you were able to find that workaround.  I understand Nintendo's reasoning behind this, but what a hassle.  Fortunately my son was not too disappointed about missing the last two free games.

So the annual shovelware giveaway is finally over, and everyone can stop posting about it until next year's, right?
This forum is not even very active compared to other websites, you prefer it to just be dead silence in here majority of the time?

I think I've seen more posts complaining about the freebies being posted this year and then responses to those posts then the actual posts about the free games.

No need to be so defensive y'all. I was just confirming that the giveaway is over. I'm really gonna miss the daily walls o' text about how people are having trouble redeeming the games. Honest 😔

I think I've seen more posts complaining about the freebies being posted this year and then responses to those posts then the actual posts about the free games.
I agree, counting is tough

to discuss actual deals for a change i am setsuna and lost sphear are on sale and under 20$. oninaki is still 19.99 though for whatever reason. They also have diofield chronicles for 29.99 which seems like a big drop given it only came out semi recently I think. 

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/lost-sphear 14.99 (i wasn't aware that it released on psn. it's also on sale same price there for those that wish to go that route.)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/i-am-setsuna 15.99 (also on psn same price)

I feel like right now might be a good time to lean towards the dark side, play one of the free games from the No Gravity Games event per day and post a review of that game in fine detail while encouraging others to do the same. Then we can vote and rank them all on quality and make recommendations. Maybe I shouldn't have watched Wednesday as it's making me a lot more interested in torturing these fools further now that they've shown their weakness.

:beer:

diofield chronicles for 29.99 which seems like a big drop given it only came out semi recently
Gamefly have the physical version for $39.99. Regular retail dropped to $49.99... but that's a heck of a drop for digital.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/the-diofield-chronicle/5036663

There are some good deals out there on physical games right now ... SMT V for $30 most places (as an example)... same for P5 Royal and 13 Sentinels. The new Mario Rabbids game also on sale. On the digital side there's too much to list worth looking at.

Boo-hoo. Free games. Now the guy with the gun to your back trying to make download them can go back to his family too.
I wish I had a guy with a gun to my back making me download them, would make it way easier for me to remember to download them each day so I don't miss out

bread's done
Back