Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I would not mind another free Switch game to add to my free Switch game collection if anyone has a spare. Thanks.

Edit: Got one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to figure out why the game giveaway page says

Please ensure only one Nintendo Account is linked to a console while making a claim on this Prime Gaming offer.
I mean, as this is a code that needs to be redeemed on the system, I don't see why having multiple Nintendo Accounts linked to a console would matter at all. I feel like this is a clumsy way of avoiding:

• People redeeming it to the "wrong account"
  • People complaining that it won't redeem as another user on that system already owns it.
As a side note -- I got to this via the URL listed earlier, but I don't see this giveaway listed on the main Amazon Gaming website... am I just missing it?

pMkAwi6.png

second digit is how much interest i have in this game

I got a Wii U for Christmas and have been loading it with games before the eShop goes away. I was disappointed that NSMB Wii was only available for PAL and Japan, not the US. But snagging Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20 felt good. Also finally being able to play the first GBA Fire Emblem again makes me happy. (The retro store by me said they NEVER get those in.)

I got a Wii U for Christmas and have been loading it with games before the eShop goes away. I was disappointed that NSMB Wii was only available for PAL and Japan, not the US. But snagging Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20 felt good. Also finally being able to play the first GBA Fire Emblem again makes me happy. (The retro store by me said they NEVER get those in.)
I really need to give my WiiU a look again. I started playing some of the games again on my Steam Deck via emulation and it was a good deal of fun.

The Metroid Prime trilogy is the game that still gets the most time on my Steam Deck also. Such a fantastic game series.

7 blazing blade is the second gba game. 6 sealed sword is the first which blazing blade is a prequel for. 6 much like most of the series wasn't localized though.

Before the sales ended, I've been trying in vain to figure out how to buy games from Argentina, now that they have an eshop and you can't do the old method. Has anyone figured out away to pull it off now, before I give up and settle for crappy old Brazil? I can't find a reloadable card that says it will work out of the US, and I got a chime debit card that can be used for international transactions, and it still gets rejected. Am I SOL??

Edit: I did get Columbia to work, so I'll call that enough of a victory. Happy new year my fellow cheapskates.

Happy New Year!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:37670]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:37671]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:37672]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:37669]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:37673]

Does anyone have Cartoon Network Battle Crashers? I can’t figure out how to drop in a second person. I hit the - button and it shows a character dropping in (details, health bar) but then immediately the character details drop out.

On the character select screen it also won’t let me hit the right button.

Picked up some last-minute stuff from the end of the year sale:

Neon White - $20
Golf Club Wasteland / Aspire Ina's Tale Bundle - $3
Songbird Symphony - $2
Grindstone - $9
UnderMine - $7
Valfaris & Slain Double Pack - $4
Ion Fury - $6
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling - $10

Sale even better with Costco's 20% off eShop cards. Final day of that sale as well.

Note that Valfaris is on sale for $6 alone but part of a bundle for $4.

Still debating Darkest Dungeon (base for $6, with all dlc for $10). Looks a little too hardcore though... Any thoughts?

-Update- Grabbed Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition for $10.

I’m down to my last $25 card of the $100 bundle from Costco. I’ll probably use it on the MK8 pass, so I grabbed a digital $50 while it’s still on sale. Gotta indulge in 20% off eShop money while I can ^^

Getting back to the free games from No Gravity Games, I played some Supersonic Tank Cats. It's basically a low budget Mario Kart; not quite as polished or fleshed out. Each character has their own stats, but they also have their own pool of items that can be picked up, so there are some items that can't be used by certain characters. You can also jump, and you better learn to make good use of it if you want a chance at winning.

I was about to say that the game is on the easy side, but I noticed I was still playing on Beginner. I switched to Normal and it was a world of difference; on tougher courses it was all I could do to not be in last place. The game is fun enough and certainly challenging.

Getting back to the free games from No Gravity Games, I played some Supersonic Tank Cats. It's basically a low budget Mario Kart; not quite as polished or fleshed out. Each character has their own stats, but they also have their own pool of items that can be picked up, so there are some items that can't be used by certain characters. You can also jump, and you better learn to make good use of it if you want a chance at winning.

I was about to say that the game is on the easy side, but I noticed I was still playing on Beginner. I switched to Normal and it was a world of difference; on tougher courses it was all I could do to not be in last place. The game is fun enough and certainly challenging.
Sounds like it was certainly worth FREE!

I have gotten 4 characters so far from the Happy meals. The McDonalds in my area sell the toys by themselves $1.82-$1.99 so you don't need to buy the food if you don't want. So far I have Toad, Peach, Luigi and Warp Mario.

I went to MCDs today to pick up some free nuggets because the Broncos scored yesterday, so I figured I might as well get one of the Mario toys. The kid behind the counter said they don’t sell them separately so he just gave me one for free. I got Luigi, pretty cool.

But wonder why these toys are are around when the movie won’t be out for another four months?

I went to MCDs today to pick up some free nuggets because the Broncos scored yesterday, so I figured I might as well get one of the Mario toys. The kid behind the counter said they don’t sell them separately so he just gave me one for free. I got Luigi, pretty cool.

But wonder why these toys are are around when the movie won’t be out for another four months?
The movie was originally supposed to be out at this time before being delayed to spring. So the happy meal toys were planned for this time period as Mc Donald’s plans happy meals toys well in advance to coincide with other movies, tv shows, video games, trading cards or toy lines in general.

Kudos to the guy giving you a free one.

Is Nintendo waiting till Thursday in the US to start New Years sale, or is it possible they just aren’t running one like Japan and Europe?

I wish they would put some of their newer first party games on sale like Kirby, Switch Sports, or Xenoblade 3. Not even asking for a huge discount, just the normal 30% off

Good luck on xeno as those rarely go on sale. I gave in an bought it during the % off when you buy 6 physical titles preowned at gamestop since 38$ is likely the lowest It'd go.

If you have a Wii U, Capcom has their Wii U games on sale until 1/5 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT, which includes RE4 Wii and Zack & Wiki for $4.99 each. Some smaller indie stuff that is also out elsewhere are also on sale, but not much.

The 3DS has a decent amount on sale including the Capcom stuff:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/?p=3&sort=ta&f=corePlatforms&f=topLevelFilters&corePlatforms=Nintendo+3DS+%2F+2DS&topLevelFilters=Deals

Picross e-e8 are 20% off until 3 AM ET/12 AM PT tonight. Culdcept Revolt is $3.99 until 1/9 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/

New Year Sale ends 1/16 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

Nintendo games at 30% off

• Big Brain Academy: Brain vs Brain
  • Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer featuring the Legend of Zelda, Bundle, and Season Pass
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Bundle, and Special Episode
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Fire Emblem Warriors, Bundle, and Season Pass
  • Fitness Boxing
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King

Hate how they put the same stuff on sale every time. Why not try some different games? Famicom Detective Club has literally never gone on sale since it came out

love that whenever you have issues preventing you from adding funds to your account (it can happen due to high shop traffic, for example), both the eShop and the support documentation tell you to reenter your credit card or use another.
y’know, so you trip the anti-fraud algorhythm even quicker and you’re possibly locked out for weeks.

love that whenever you have issues preventing you from adding funds to your account (it can happen due to high shop traffic, for example), both the eShop and the support documentation tell you to reenter your credit card or use another.
y’know, so you trip the anti-fraud algorhythm even quicker and you’re possibly locked out for weeks.
There's an anti-fraud system that locks you out of your account for purchases? I've never seen that...

Well I spent another $25... Good thing I have credit saved from all those Gamestop monthly $5 coupons. I think I've used every one on eshop cards.

Here's a couple of things from today's sale:

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - $7.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23 (both Ori games are must haves)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - $7.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23 (both Ori games are must haves)

Never Alone: Arctic Collection - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Spiritfarer -$7.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition - $5.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition - $11.99- Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Williams Pinball: Volume 5 - $3.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23 (Tales of the Arabian Nights is a lot of fun)

Zombie Rollerz: Pinball Heroes - $3.74 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Ultra Mega Xtra Party Challenge - $9.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23 (better as a party game than a solo one)

New Super Lucky's Tale - $9.89 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Beyond Blue - $12.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Tricky Towers - $4.94 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits - $27.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23 (This price may still be too steep if you're not a die-hard arcade fishing fan)

HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED - Game of the Year Edition - $22.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

HOT WHEELS - GOTY Upgrade Pack - $11.24 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23 (if you already have the base game this upgrades it to the GOTY version)

FruitFall Crush - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. (It doesn't have gyro controls, I checked. Would have been awesome if it did)
ASTRO AQUA KITTY - $4.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Shu - $2.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/15/23

Chicory: A Colorful Tale - $13.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23 (well reviewed)

Pure Pool - $7.49 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23 (one of the best pool games)
Hollow Knight - $7.50 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

Very Very Valet - $7.49 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

Katamari Damacy REROLL - $7.49 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - $7.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23
AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative - $41.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

OlliOlli: Switch Stance - $2.24 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23
AQUA KITTY UDX - $2.69 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23
Jigsaw Fun: Piece It Together! - $3.74 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23
The Last Campfire - $2.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

Horizon Chase Turbo - $3.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

Williams Pinball: Volume 4 - $3.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

Jurassic World Pinball - $3.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/15/23

the Japan shop did just get a discount on Kirby… Dream Buffet, that is, lol.
So what, the US doesn't get a discount on Dream Buffet? :cry:

Yeah RF5 is a glitch. GameStop is real stupid with sales and sometimes discounts the price twice (looks like here they did 40% off twice to get from $50 to $30, and then from $30 to $18). They did this during holiday 2021 with a lot of first party Nintendo games, and the prices stayed up all weekend. Amazon and other places even matched them for a little while

Yeah RF5 is a glitch. GameStop is real stupid with sales and sometimes discounts the price twice (looks like here they did 40% off twice to get from $50 to $30, and then from $30 to $18). They did this during holiday 2021 with a lot of first party Nintendo games, and the prices stayed up all weekend. Amazon and other places even matched them for a little while
I love a good glitch. As someone who loves fire emblem but had trouble getting into stuff like shin Megami tensei, would people recommend this game?

I love a good glitch. As someone who loves fire emblem but had trouble getting into stuff like shin Megami tensei, would people recommend this game?
It's a successor to the original Harvest Moon games. With basic action rpg gameplay added. Think something like Stardew Valley with greater emphasis on combat / dungeon grinding and more anime influences. I haven't played RF5 yet, but I played all of RF4S and expect more of the same.

bread's done
Back