Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
It's a successor to the original Harvest Moon games. With basic action rpg gameplay added. Think something like Stardew Valley with greater emphasis on combat / dungeon grinding and more anime influences. I haven't played RF5 yet, but I played all of RF4S and expect more of the same.
It's not really a successor though. It's a spinoff, like Persona is to SMT.

Sorry, just had to brag; I just found Persona 5 Royal with steelbook at one of those falling prices stores for five bucks. One of my best finds for sure.

I took advantage when Gamestop screwed up on devil may cry 3, but those reviews for rune factory 5 aren't so hot.

Dollar General has GameStop, PlayStation Network, and Nintendo eShop gift cards on sale for 10% off through Saturday, 1/14/22.  In-store only.

They're probably cheaper at Costco.  I don't know.  I don't really care.  I just wanted to mention Costco before that one guy who always sh*ts on my Dollar General gift card posts.  :bomb:

There is also a daily mission on the Switch app now that gives 30 coins each day you complete it. All you have to do is play a game with online capability (i.e. Smash Bros). I know some people were struggling with running out of silver coins to spend, so this will help
I was getting 50 coins a day but they just stopped (30 for playing an online game and then 20 for the online save).

Did they just end that boost for everyone?

Birthday coins? Do you get those automatically? I didn't get a message or anything and my birthday was last month.
I have got them on My Nintendo page for the past few years on my birthday so you may have to go to your My Nintendo website page that day.. My son and wife’s account also get them plus we get a happy birthday email with a 15% code from the Nintendo store that lasts a few weeks. Code is very limited as cannot use on games or controllers.

Here is what my Nintendo page looked like on my birthday. I click on it and it opens up to my page. The last image is from the email (code cropped out).

0-D6-C88-FE-BF2-F-4838-8-F3-B-677-E58536-B87.png

77-C4-F334-00-B0-490-C-A238-5-A97-C6-AC90-B3.png

27-F4-B566-DEE4-4-A61-8-AE7-4-CD1-A1-C07-F98.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it; thanks.

I got to bookmark that code redemption page; I didn't even know if you could still do that on the web store. (Link is ec.nintendo.com/redeem/#/ if anyone needs it)

Is the castlevania collection worth $3.99 on the switch? How many of those are on switch virtual console (I know that's not the legit name lol).

Is the castlevania collection worth $3.99 on the switch? How many of those are on switch virtual console (I know that's not the legit name lol).
If you are referring to the NES/SNES games included as part of Switch online, none of the Castlevania games are included. If you want to play them on the Switch, the collection is the way to do it.

Collection complete. Most of them cost me $1.85. The Luma was just given to me for free. To get the Bowser I just bought a Happy Meal since two of the McDonald's that had him charged $4 just for the Bowser. It was 39 cents more to get a Happy Meal so I just did that. So just a heads up that some McDonald's might charge you more depending on the location. Some McDonald's didn't pick up the phone and two of them had numbers no longer in service.

Some of the characters do things like spin or twist and Donkey Kong moves his arm around. The fire from Bowser comes separately and you just put it in his mouth and on the back of his shell there's a spike you can turn. The Mario in the pipe just pops up when you push him down. Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality of these toys.

[attachment=37700:20230110_124810(1).jpg]
[attachment=37701:20230110_124836(1).jpg]

I've been playing Voxelgram on Steam instead of Switch, but it's a solid Picross 3D clone that's worth checking out if you want something like that on Switch whenever it's on sale.

Collection complete. Most of them cost me $1.85. The Luma was just given to me for free. To get the Bowser I just bought a Happy Meal since two of the McDonald's that had him charged $4 just for the Bowser. It was 39 cents more to get a Happy Meal so I just did that. So just a heads up that some McDonald's might charge you more depending on the location. Some McDonald's didn't pick up the phone and two of them had numbers no longer in service.

Some of the characters do things like spin or twist and Donkey Kong moves his arm around. The fire from Bowser comes separately and you just put it in his mouth and on the back of his shell there's a spike you can turn. The Mario in the pipe just pops up when you push him down. Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality of these toys.

20230110_124810(1).jpg
20230110_124836(1).jpg
Kind of prefer the old batch of Mario Happy meal toys from years ago. I still have some. There was a Super Star Mario that flashes lights, a Mario with an item block that had a little usable slot machine inside it, a Peach that twirls on a pedestal, etc… These new ones don’t do much. I have Luigi and you press the thing on his back and he… moves his upper body slightly to the left. Exciting lol. Either way they’re just going to be sitting on my shelf, but I can’t imagine kids having much fun with these aside from the 2 kart ones that I assume can be played with like Hot Wheels.

Kind of prefer the old batch of Mario Happy meal toys from years ago. I still have some. There was a Super Star Mario that flashes lights, a Mario with an item block that had a little usable slot machine inside it, a Peach that twirls on a pedestal, etc… These new ones don’t do much. I have Luigi and you press the thing on his back and he… moves his upper body slightly to the left. Exciting lol. Either way they’re just going to be sitting on my shelf, but I can’t imagine kids having much fun with these aside from the 2 kart ones that I assume can be played with like Hot Wheels.
My son actually got the Mario Kart toy last night in his happy meal. He was upset that the wheels on the kart are hard fixed plastic and don’t move. There’s a single ball located on the bottom that can allow the kart to somewhat move on hard flat surfaces similar to PC mouse. But even on hard surfaces it barely moves. Extremely impractical.

i don't remember if this was BK or MCD but i remember an old happy meal toy with the cloud guy who throws spikes. his cloud had wheels on the bottom. I think the goomba toy had a windup thing so the goomba walked

edit apparently it was luigi in the cloud lol

Is there a list of what counties' eShop you can use PayPal on? I want to pick up No More Heroes and it's cheaper everywhere that isn't North America.

My son actually got the Mario Kart toy last night in his happy meal. He was upset that the wheels on the kart are hard fixed plastic and don’t move. There’s a single ball located on the bottom that can allow the kart to somewhat move on hard flat surfaces similar to PC mouse. But even on hard surfaces it barely moves. Extremely impractical.
That’s crazy. Especially because they actually already had Mario Kart Happy Meal toys when MK8 first came out that were all like plastic Hot Wheels. Some were the karts and some were the bikes and you could push them around on the wheels just fine. I still have four of them that I picked up from a garage sale years later and they’re nicely detailed and look neat on a shelf, and the wheels still work normally. I guess they don’t make McDonald’s toys like they used to.

I used my final $5 certificate from Best Buy and bought Cadence of Hyrule while it’s on sale. With points going away and GCU gone, my gaming purchases from Best Buy will probably be limited to Black Friday now.

Streaming some of the Picross 3D clone Voxelgram for those that want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a good Picross 3D clone that's worth checking out. The Steam version had Steamworks support, so people have made most if not all of the puzzles from Picross 3D. Nothing from the second game that I can see.

I did a double check on whether I was in the Nintendo thread just now. Made me think I was in the Sony thread for a moment. It's weird having the persona games on other platforms after all these years.

Reminder - today (Saturday, 12/14) is the last day for 10% off PlayStation Network, GameStop, and Nintendo eShop gift cards at Dollar General.  In-store only.  

I bought another $60 in GameStop cards this morning for $54 that I plan to use to buy PSN, Nintendo, and Xbox cards so that I can get the Power Up Rewards points from the purchase.

It's wild that the Series X seems to be the only console letting you preorder these. The other two have landing pages saying "releasing in 2023.
maybe because they hope some game pass users will preorder the game not knowing it will be on game pass lol

it happens a lot on the eShop actually, the issue may just be that these are maybe the highest-profile games in recent history to not allow you to pre-order. as for the PS Store you may have a point, I haven’t been paying much attention there for a while tbh.

Picked up a few from the sale ending today:

Ori and the Blind Forest - $7.50

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - $7.50

Castlevania Anniversary Collection - $4

Castlevania Advance Collection - $12

Rogue Legacy - $3

bread's done
Back