Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I feel like all these classic console accessories are a total waste of money. I rarely use them since the pro controller works just fine with the classic console games for me. I tried using the N64 controller for Goldeneye with the standard control scheme and it did not make the game any easier to play for me. I know that is the "authentic" way to play, but my mind has been conditioned to play FPS games a certain way for the past 20 years.
The fact that they are Bluetooth makes them infinitely more valuable for people using other platforms to play Nintendo games.

The fact that they are Bluetooth makes them infinitely more valuable for people using other platforms to play Nintendo games.
That's why I bought a pair of the SNES controllers. With an adapter they can be used on the NES and SNES classic as well as other devices. Seemed like a good investment for $60. Plus they are compatible as switch controllers in other games beyond the NES/SNES apps.

I do have a confession. I bought the Hori split pad whatever (Pac-Man edition if you care) and I went back to using the joy cons. I think the sticks on the split pad are worse. Also the buttons are spongy. I was having a heck of a time playing Super Mario Odyssey portable and said I need to go back to the joy cons. The size of the split pad is much better, as is the D-pad, but everything else feels worse.

8bitdo controllers when found on sale on amazon warehouse are a much better alternative than the official Nintendo ones.
I have a few of those - the sn30 and m30 (bluetooth and 2.4g models). They’re fine and roughly the same price as the Nintendo ones. Nintendo controllers are USB-C while 8bitdo are micro USB. Used controllers are a no for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd imagine they are pretty good, but to me nothing compares to the official controllers.
The dpad is much better on the 8bitdo pro/pro 2 controllers. I have the official wireless one and don't use it because the dpad is too stiff, have to press harder on the diagonals for them to activate. In comparison the official wired SNES classic controller is much better than Nintendos wireless one because it also has a better dpad. Personally I just see the official wireless controllers as something that's aesthetically pleasing but inferior to other controllers on the market. Even third party stuff is better.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - used - is $21.99 at GameStop

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1626593920670121985?s=20

eStarland had a pricing error where they accidentally had the upcoming Zelda game for $0. They had a ton of orders placed which were canceled. I got a rather humorous email explaining my order cancelation I figured I would share here:

"Dear samnite,

Thank you for your recent order xxxxxxxxxx. Unfortunately, your order has been canceled for the incorrect pricing.

Sending this was harder than the Water Temple…
As you probably already know, getting The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for free was Hylian likely, and this email was imminintendo. Let us Goron and explain what happened.

After this week’s Nintendo Direct, we asked Link what the new price of his upcoming game would be, and he said:

“      “   - Link

Given that he's the expert, we temporarily updated our price for Tears of the Kingdom to $0.00 as a placeholder. What do you sup-poe-se happened next? Unfortunately, our site became flooded with unexpected orders and crashed before we could set the actual price of $69.99.

As a result of this, we had no choice but to cancel your pre-order of Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom.

While we applaud your courage, especially those of you who ordered 99 copies, we simply don't have the Rupees to give away so many copies! And while we can't offer Tears of the Kingdom for $0.00, we would love to offer you a discounted price of $59.95 if you are interested in ordering from us.

We hope we didn't cause any Tears, and please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!
https://www.estarland.com/contact-us

If you'd like pre-order Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom, please visit this link:
https://www.estarland.com/product-description/NintendoSwitch/Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-The-Kingdom/73150

Thank you for understanding!

The eStarland team
www.eStarland.com

Follow Us On:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/estarland
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/estarland
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/estarland/"

My cheap ass is going to wait for the game to get discounted to $40 in 5-6 years though.

My cheap ass is going to wait for the game to get discounted to $40 in 5-6 years though.
You do you, but some games are worth splurging for, and there have been very few bad Zelda games. You could also do something like Microsoft Rewards, Amazon Shopper Panel, or even Swagbucks then redeem your points for Amazon gift cards and buy it there.

im almost down to wait 5 years but seeing super mario oddysey being $37 posted as a deal on twitter in 2023 is too grim

Just got my extra 5% in Nintendo Switch "Gold Coins" this afternoon.  This was the "have an expansion pass NSO subscription, and you'll get an extra 5% credit for all purchases made between October and January 31s" deal.

I have a USA account but didn't buy the expansion pack until the week after Christmas -- based on the large number of coins I received, it looks like I got bonus credit for ALL my purchases made before I got the expansion...

They owe me at least $20 in gold coins for that promo and I still haven't gotten them. Maybe it doesn't apply for family plans with the expansion pass? Although I'm the "admin" account actually paying for it, so that would be BS

They owe me at least $20 in gold coins for that promo and I still haven't gotten them. Maybe it doesn't apply for family plans with the expansion pass? Although I'm the "admin" account actually paying for it, so that would be BS
I have a family plan -- and I use a DIFFERENT account for the admin. I just got the USA gold today... some folks were acting like they got points earlier in the week, so they could just be slowly rolling them out?

Lol I noticed they actually came in a couple hours after I made that post

Seems you also get double points for any download codes you redeemed as well (i.e. paid $40 for a $60 game, redeemed the code for the game and 600 coins, those 600 coins got doubled). Pretty nice!

im almost down to wait 5 years but seeing super mario oddysey being $37 posted as a deal on twitter in 2023 is too grim
well maybe you'll get lucky and can score a copy from amazon or target during one of their promos. Amazons doing that locker pickup 10$ off thing again for example.

You do you, but some games are worth splurging for, and there have been very few bad Zelda games. You could also do something like Microsoft Rewards, Amazon Shopper Panel, or even Swagbucks then redeem your points for Amazon gift cards and buy it there.
I have a huge backlog and am not very fast completing games so I can wait. I am sure it is going to be great and all though. I am sitting here under a mountain of games I still haven't started from over a decade ago. I feel like I would just add it to the pile if I bought it full price instead of just waiting for the discount. I do get your point about Nintendo being stingy with discounts but $40 is a lot more palatable than $70 for me especially if I am not going to play it immediately. I typically accumulate gold points and use them all up at the end of the year before the first gold point is set to expire (thereby maximizing the discount). I might use that on Advance Wars though.

Agreed, plus they are giving those customers who ordered a $10 discount ($59.99). Kudos to them.
I think that discount is for everyone though since the link is just the game listing page

Anybody who's not planning to get Zelda right away, remember that it will probably be on sale during the holidays (and maybe even a B2G1). You can even still earn coins for the purchase at that point.

PSA: if you have an NSO Expansion sub, you should have gotten bonus Gold Coins credited to your account from purchases made in the last couple of months

I got $12! somehow!

PSA: if you have an NSO Expansion sub, you should have gotten bonus Gold Coins credited to your account from purchases made in the last couple of months

I got $12! somehow!
Whoa as just got $37 and change added in bonus gold coins. Had used my balance of $9.55 in gold coins towards Metroid Prime digital the previous week after the direct.

Nice bonus indeed.

Dang it, can't believe it's going to have
cheese!
I wish I would have found out organically.

Ive had some pickups recently be ready in-store with no notification sent. I'd recommend calling the store if a couple days have passed.
I checked in today and like two managers had to be called and they just gave it to me while saying they had system problems. I guess I'm on a list.

bread's done
Back