Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Also a reminder that the demo for Pokemon Sun and Moon is the only way to get "Ash-Greninja" with its Battle Bond ability. The sucky thing is that, even though you could get more than one by reseting your save data, if your Pokemon Bank has an expired pass, you have to pay the annual fee to move Greninja out of your save file. Even though it will be free in a couple days. This also applies if you have Bank downloaded but not Poke Transporter.

I'm really going to sift through stuff tomorrow, but in addition to downloading software updates, I've been grabbing a couple of virtual console games since this may be the last time ever you can do that.

It's really a shame that the Picross 3d part 2 has stuck at the $30 price point, which is just too rich for my blood.

No, the game proper is split fairly evenly between Phoenix Wright trial stuff and wandering around/puzzle solving Layton stuff, it is just the brief DLC episodes that are story-only.
Thats what i meant. The DLC isnt anything playable, just story updates. I had a hell of a time finding a cart and then I did and it didnt work. So im glad I wont be missing anything game play wise

I'm going to have to log on to both my 3DS and Wii U this evening and grab a few things.

I think I have a DLC code for extra Smash Bros. unlocks -- I bought some expansion on the Wii U and got a code for 3DS, but I feel like I never used it...

If anyone has the RPG Maker Fes Player on 3DS, there are still RPG Maker games that you can download through that game for free.  You can only download a max of 16 of the games, and you might have to do the in-game "Download Contents" update in order to play newer games that include newer assets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of this topic, realized I have some extra codes from bundles. They should probably be used by somebody! Most are US, a few EU, and these really are region locked. No guarantees any of them will still work.

I'd prefer to spread them around, instead of them all going to one or two people. So just reply to this with which one you want (that no one else has asked for yet) and I'll PM you the code. (sorry in advance to everybody else) Be sure to make sure you're asking for a code that will work in your region!

EDIT:
Done, see below.

OK here are all the leftover codes, in the hopes that someone sees them and uses them before the stores are gone.

North America:
:wiiu: SteamWorld Dig Wii U A08LJCFM1RXPD4JG

Europe / South Africa:
:wiiu: Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U B0LXFXY5272YJBWB
:wiiu: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U B0LGFW5W352230PG
:wiiu: Freedom Planet - Wii U B0LFRVV43X6P78G1

Because of this topic, realized I have some extra codes from bundles. They should probably be used by somebody! Most are US, a few EU, and these really are region locked. No guarantees any of them will still work.

I'd prefer to spread them around, instead of them all going to one or two people. So just reply to this with which one you want (that no one else has asked for yet) and I'll PM you the code. (sorry in advance to everybody else) Be sure to make sure you're asking for a code that will work in your region!

North America:

:3ds: Mighty Switch Force! 3DS
:wiiu: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wii U
:3ds: Woah Dave! 3DS
:wiiu: The Fall Wii U
:3ds: OlliOlli 3DS
:wiiu: OlliOlli Wii U
:wiiu: Stealth Inc 2 Wii U
:3ds: SteamWorld Dig 3DS
:wiiu: SteamWorld Dig Wii U
:wiiu: Sportsball Wii U

:wiiu: Swords & Soldiers II - Wii U
:wiiu: Runbow - Wii U

Europe / South Africa:

:wiiu: Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U
:wiiu: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U
:wiiu: Freedom Planet - Wii U
:3ds: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Nintendo 3DS
:3ds: Citizens of Earth -
Awesome for doing this.

North America:

Europe / South Africa:

:3ds: Citizens of Earth - Nintendo 3DS
Steamworld Dig - 3DS.

Edit: Thank you for the code. A big shout out to you and the others who are sharing / giving game codes out.

North America:

Europe / South Africa:

I'd like Sportsball please.

I'm really going to sift through stuff tomorrow, but in addition to downloading software updates, I've been grabbing a couple of virtual console games since this may be the last time ever you can do that.

It's really a shame that the Picross 3d part 2 has stuck at the $30 price point, which is just too rich for my blood.
It’s pricey but the amount of content in the game is insane. I played so much of this game and still never finished it.

Also, I haven’t seen anyone mention Quell Memento and Quell Reflect. Both simple yet excellent puzzle games.

North America:

Europe / South Africa:
I'd love swords and soldiers II, thanks!

North America:

Europe / South Africa:
I sent a pm but in case it was missed, stealth Inc 2 code would be awesome, thanks in advance.

North America:

Europe / South Africa:

Any chance Might Switch Force is still available? Regardless, thanks and very cool you're doing this!

North America:

Europe / South Africa:

Could I have The Fall?

North America:

Europe / South Africa:

Could I grab OlliOlli 3DS if it's still available?

Thanks for the reminder about redeeming the Humble codes, guys.  I had redeemed all of mine on both the 3DS and the Wii U except for the game Citizens of Earth, and I had never decided whether to claim it for 3DS or Wii U since they gave us a choice back in the day. 

Since I own the PS3 version already, I went for the 3DS version.  I just remember it being somewhat comparable to the SNES game Earthbound.  And I'm downloading it now since I think that it was de-listed back in the day.

North America:

Europe / South Africa:

May I have Runbow please if it's still available? Edit: thank you!

North America:
:3ds: Mighty Switch Force! 3DS :wiiu: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wii U :3ds: Woah Dave! 3DS :wiiu: The Fall Wii U :3ds: OlliOlli 3DS :wiiu: OlliOlli Wii U :wiiu: Stealth Inc 2 Wii U :3ds: SteamWorld Dig 3DS :wiiu: SteamWorld Dig Wii U :wiiu: Sportsball Wii U
:wiiu: Swords & Soldiers II - Wii U :wiiu: Runbow - Wii U

Europe / South Africa:
:wiiu: Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U :wiiu: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U :wiiu: Freedom Planet - Wii U :3ds: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Nintendo 3DS :3ds: Citizens of Earth - Nintendo 3DS
I'd like Woah Dave! if it's still available please.

Just a reminder that the 3DS Monster Hunter games and many of the Atlus have free DLC. With Atlus games like Persona Q and SMT IV, you have to sift through to find the free ones. Also New Super Mario 2 doesn't unlock DLC access until you beat the first world.

Just a reminder that the 3DS Monster Hunter games and many of the Atlus have free DLC. With Atlus games like Persona Q and SMT IV, you have to sift through to find the free ones. Also New Super Mario 2 doesn't unlock DLC access until you beat the first world.
What games have dlc for monster hunter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone has the RPG Maker Fes Player on 3DS, there are still RPG Maker games that you can download through that game for free. You can only download a max of 16 of the games, and you might have to do the in-game "Download Contents" update in order to play newer games that include newer assets.
I think that if you download the RPG Maker Player, the free one not the built the games selling for 2.99, you can save another 16 games but unfortunately if you make your own games they count against the 16 save slots

I may be mistaken, but I think the store is closed, I get a message saying "Failed to create extra data.  This will prevent you from using SpotPass.  Turn off the system, remove and reinsert the SD Card and then try again."

OK here are all the leftover codes, in the hopes that someone sees them and uses them before the stores are gone.

North America:
:wiiu: SteamWorld Dig Wii U  A08LJCFM1RXPD4JG

Europe / South Africa:

:wiiu: Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U  B0LXFXY5272YJBWB
:wiiu: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U  B0LGFW5W352230PG
:wiiu: Freedom Planet - Wii U  B0LFRVV43X6P78G1

Going through my 3DS collection and goddamn I can't help, but feel I really gotta play my 3DS more because I got a shit ton of games I haven't touched in my collection after going through all my games in figuring out what has DLC I need to get or updates. Also I respect SEGA/Atlus for all the support they gave in the RPG front with constant releases and actually putting up sales (also little bonuses for buying games physically like pins). I Think only game I really missed out on purchasing is MGS3, but otherwise my collection is pretty much complete.

Logged into the eShop and got

Yokai Watch 3 (this thing is $400 on eBay, omg)

the three Parascientific Games

...and Fragrant Story, hopeful the game will get that promised update

Yo Kai Watch 3's physical release was weird, I never saw a copy on shelves anywhere, but 1 and 2 littered them forever.  They must have made like 4 physical copies because 1 and 2 were so overproduced.  Those things went north of $100 on ebay only a couple weeks after release

I decided last minute to grab Xenoblade Chronicles X as my final purchase and was immediately glad I had external storage. It would take up pretty much the entire internal storage. I am spoiled with modern drives measured in terabytes.

I thought I’d post what I picked up just in case it helps people figure out last minute purchases:

Wii U:
pushmo world
The free Mario amiibo game

3ds:

Persona Q free DLC (and i would also HIGHLY recommend you grab persona Q because the carts were pressed incorrectly and they (almost) all have a problem where the game no longer works.)
Persona Q2 free DLC
Radiant historia All DLC (mainly because I liked this game and the growth EXP ring makes leveling up a breeze for the secret ending)
Pushmo
Crashmo
Stretchmo + the bundle dlc for $10. (The dlc just essentially gives you the “full game”
The games on sale for $3 (resident evil revelations, mercenaries 3d, megaman legacy, monster hunter 3,4,generations, rpg maker FES) because they were cheap
Pokémon red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal (in case I want the celebi event or to trade Pokémon from those games.
Pokémon bank
Pokémon transporter (downloaded inside Pokémon bank)
Fire emblem fates revelations + birthright (since I only had conquest)

The free stuff
Pokémon Picross
Pokémon rumble world
Save data transfer tool
Monster hunter 3 save data transfer
Monster hunter generations save data transfer
The 2 Pokémon demos that give you exclusive Pokémon
Demos for bravely default, second, and theaterythm FF because they all give you items for the main games.
Photos with Mario
Unlock key for professor Layton x phoenix wright bonus content (requires beating the game)
Nintendo badge arcade
Steel diver Sun Wars
Rusty’s real deal baseball
Swap doodle
Pokémon shuffle
Team Kirby clash deluxe
Mini Mario amiibo challenge
Warioware gold demo
Detective pikachu demo
Metroid prime blast all
Mario party guest player

Considered getting but didn’t (yet…):
dimentium the ward remastered (first person survival horror game)
Crimson shroud
Dillons rolling western

I thought I’d post what I picked up just in case it helps people figure out last minute purchases:

Wii U:
pushmo world
The free Mario amiibo game

3ds:

Persona Q free DLC (and i would also HIGHLY recommend you grab persona Q because the carts were pressed incorrectly and they (almost) all have a problem where the game no longer works.)
Persona Q2 free DLC
Radiant historia All DLC (mainly because I liked this game and the growth EXP ring makes leveling up a breeze for the secret ending)
Pushmo
Crashmo
Stretchmo + the bundle dlc for $10. (The dlc just essentially gives you the “full game”
The games on sale for $3 (resident evil revelations, mercenaries 3d, megaman legacy, monster hunter 3,4,generations, rpg maker FES) because they were cheap
Pokémon red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, crystal (in case I want the celebi event or to trade Pokémon from those games.
Pokémon bank
Pokémon transporter (downloaded inside Pokémon bank)
Fire emblem fates revelations + birthright (since I only had conquest)

The free stuff
Pokémon Picross
Pokémon rumble world
Save data transfer tool
Monster hunter 3 save data transfer
Monster hunter generations save data transfer
The 2 Pokémon demos that give you exclusive Pokémon
Demos for bravely default, second, and theaterythm FF because they all give you items for the main games.
Photos with Mario
Unlock key for professor Layton x phoenix wright bonus content (requires beating the game)
Nintendo badge arcade
Steel diver Sun Wars
Rusty’s real deal baseball
Swap doodle
Pokémon shuffle
Team Kirby clash deluxe
Mini Mario amiibo challenge
Warioware gold demo
Detective pikachu demo
Metroid prime blast all
Mario party guest player

Considered getting but didn’t (yet…):
dimentium the ward remastered (first person survival horror game)
Crimson shroud
Dillons rolling western
Why should Wario ware gold demo and Detective Pikachu demo be downloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was getting on here to post my unused Humble Bundle codes but it looks like other generous CAGs beat me to it. 

In other news, Majora's Mask (Wii U) is randomly on sale for $2 if anyone is interested. 

Crimson Shroud is a pretty fun game, from what I remember and only available on 3DS as far as I know, so you may want to consider picking it up.

I ended up buying several of the digital games on the Nintendo website (the Ace Attorney games I didn't have, Legend of Dark Witch games), and should be good to download them at a later date, is that correct?  Probably wont have time to make room for them tomorrow (I already have 300 icons on my home screen so will have to delete stuff). 

Just wanted to confirm only the ability to buy them is stopping tommorrow, but one can still download/redownload (and I assume update) going forward indefinitely?

Just took my 3DS online for the first time in almost five years, to make a few downloads and updates before the end.

I know this was the release date of the 3DS in 2011, but not actually for the eshop since we had to wait a few months before it launched. So the eshop lasted just shy of twelve years.

On the Wii U don’t forget to grab for free the Star Fox Zero Battle Begins + Training demo.

It contains an animated short movie of the Star Fox crew that released after Star Fox Zero came out so they took that and added a demo to it..

It's finally giving a maintenance error.

The end of an era :(

I forgot to purchase 2 games because I was going crazy downloading special demos but I guess it's too late for that

It says it is in "maintenance" -- so, yes, that sounds bad.  Someone earlier gave a time of 5pm tomorrow -- anyone know why?

I just found my spare Humble codes too...

Edit: There is a TINY chance this isn't the end. Tiny.  The Nintendo network maintenance site shows ALL eshop services being down from 10pm to 12 am, PST, right now.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/

I was getting on here to post my unused Humble Bundle codes but it looks like other generous CAGs beat me to it.

In other news, Majora's Mask (Wii U) is randomly on sale for $2 if anyone is interested.
Did you own Majora’s Mask on the Wii? Nintendo discounted Wii Virtual Console games that you owned on the Wii U shop.

$1.00 for NES titles

$1.50 for SNES titles

$2 for N64 titles

On the chance it goes back up for a few hours after midnight...

Free Wii U and 3DS codes:

Retro City Rampage: DX - Nintendo 3DS
B0L8R46Q0RBT9M90

Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U
B0L8WJQ80HNV201V

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U
B0L83LFD49BTKPQ6

On the chance it goes back up for a few hours after midnight...

Free Wii U and 3DS codes:

Retro City Rampage: DX - Nintendo 3DS
B0L8R46Q0RBT9M90

Affordable Space Adventures - Wii U
B0L8WJQ80HNV201V

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U
B0L83LFD49BTKPQ6
Classic Humble Bundle codes! These codes should work on the eShop redeem site

bread's done
Back