Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Welcome to Nintendo, please understand.

Not that Sony is any different outside of the vita.
MS automatically starts to download all your stuff right when you connect to wifi. Not sure how it handles external storage. The new Switch won't recognize an SD card with all the games already downloaded? Odd. So in order to transfer from one Switch to the next Switch, you will have to format the SD card and download all the games to it again? Could you backup the games to a PC and then copy and paste them to the SD card once the Zelda switch establishes the license from the formatted SD? Just like on 3DS?

Regarding saves, you can back them up with Nintendo Online.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's unfortunate. I've never had an issue with hori brand. Just seems like left anything for switch is cursed
I'm surprised because it's Hori -- but their USA division is doing its very best imitation of learned helplessness.

I ask questions like "can you replace a single controller", " do you have only left controllers in stock", "is it NORMAL for these to develop defects in 99 days" and all I get back is a canned "SEND PROOF OF PURCHASE SO WE CAN DETERMINE IF UNDER WARRANTY" message.

'Tis annoying when I gave them the timeframes and was asking what, if anything, to do.

I'm not a fan of Hori products, generally. They have a habit of using membranes in their fight sticks when they should be using microswitches. Look, I'm buying an arcade stick. It needs to feel crisp, tactile, precise. If the joystick and/or buttons are rubbing up against a rubber nipple like they're in some freaking joypad, that's not going to cut it for me.

So I signed up for some extra Wii U codes... I was given one, but it appears I already own the product... so I don't know what's it for.

If anyone wants a Wii U game code, take it:

B126MXSX291BV28T

Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton follow up:

Updated my 2ds that has no eshop account and before today had never been connected online. Not only was I able to download the key for this game, but going into eshop even without an account… when I was done two demos showed up as presents. They were Tomodachi Life & Kirby Planet Robo. Trying to open and launch them though just offered to download them from the eshop, which of course isn’t possible. Looking deeper on the eshop the only new downloads available are updates for games.

But the big thing is it looks like there’s no issue with PW vs PL and the extra bonus content unlock… well at least for games that already have done it. But it happens outside of the eshop so there’s a good chance it’ll work for others that finish it for the first time. It would be nice if someone can verify that.

Just replaced the battery in my N3DSXL since it was only holding a ten-minute charge. Holy hell was that thing swollen. Thank you for your eight years of service o7

Nintendo Store is currently sold out of batteries. For anyone looking, I went with this eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/163654375123

Just replaced the battery in my N3DSXL since it was only holding a ten-minute charge. Holy hell was that thing swollen. Thank you for your eight years of service o7

Nintendo Store is currently sold out of batteries. For anyone looking, I went with this eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/163654375123
Vgpca had them for sale at 7.99 or 8.99 I want to say as I bought a psp and 3ds battery from them last summer. Not sure if they still have them and they are the same price. But figured I'd mention that.

Vgpca had them for sale at 7.99 or 8.99 I want to say as I bought a psp and 3ds battery from them last summer. Not sure if they still have them and they are the same price. But figured I'd mention that.
There are listings on Amazon as well. I went with the eBay listing I posted since that battery has Nintendo brand on it. Could still be third-party since it's eBay. Any brand should work as long as not used or wrong specs.

I have a New 3DS (not the XL). I heard it was nearly impossible to get batteries for it...
This should work: https://www.ifixit.com/products/new-nintendo-3ds-2015-ktr-003-battery

Yeah electronic swollen batteries are no joke. I used to change them on old laptops at IT at my previous job quite a lot. Some looked like mini ballons. Pretty scary honestly.

I used the Steamworld Dig code and it worked. Thanks!

Due to the generosity of people here, I have gone from 2 to 5 non-VC digital games on Wii U

^Also worth noting to check your Xfinity rewards if you use Comcast for internet or cable. I had a coupon for two free tickets to the Mario movie from Fandango

^Also worth noting to check your Xfinity rewards if you use Comcast for internet or cable. I had a coupon for two free tickets to the Mario movie from Fandango
Comcast only gets $25 a month from me so I only got B1G1 tickets. BUT, tomorrow my gift box from Comcast should arrive. Gift package includes candy and popcorn.

Interesting find - new to me but certainly not to the world. The DLC on New Super Mario Bros 2 is slightly different cosmetically and functionally than the bundled version called New Super Mario Bros 2 Gold Edition.

On the left is Gold Edition, and on the right is regular edition on cart with DLC purchased. The cosmetic changes include removal of the target coins, addition of a generic sentence, change of a noun from plural to singular on this course pack, and removal of the numbering system on the DLC.

All pretty mundane, but the Gold Edition was made easier! Each pack is made of three courses. A death on the DLC version ends the entire pack playthrough. A death on Gold Edition sends the player to the next course in the pack.

mario2.jpg

Old video of the death differences: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvpftUxj7Ig

So I did the Costco eshop deal to get the 2 vouchers a few days ago and used 1 of the vouchers on the Zelda preorder.

What to do with the other one...are there upcoming must have games that you guys think are coming to the voucher program?

I know we have 12 mos to use it but I almost want to get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 despite never playing 1 and 2.

So I did the Costco eshop deal to get the 2 vouchers a few days ago and used 1 of the vouchers on the Zelda preorder.

What to do with the other one...are there upcoming must have games that you guys think are coming to the voucher program?

I know we have 12 mos to use it but I almost want to get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 despite never playing 1 and 2.
Pikmin 4 and Advance Wars are the two other Nintendo games I am most looking forward to this year besides Zelda.

Pikmin 4 and Advance Wars are the two other Nintendo games I am most looking forward to this year besides Zelda.
Wait, is Advance Wars eligible for the voucher?

Edit: Oh it is in the list. I swore it wasn't around Thanksgiving.

Comcast only gets $25 a month from me so I only got B1G1 tickets. BUT, tomorrow my gift box from Comcast should arrive. Gift package includes candy and popcorn.
This freebie was actually better than most preorder bonuses. Full size movie poster, box of sour patch kids, pack of microwave popcorn, mario themed cardboard popcorn box, crayons, small activity book.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1643751070542479360
Oh, man, I really hope FF6 still has the 2 player option like it did back on the SNES. If so its an instant buy so I can desperately try to make this game have the same nostalgia for my own kids as we play together.

Might be a dumb question, but can you use $100 eshop credit to buy the 2 game vouchers?
This is what I bought it for. Already used one of the vouchers on the Zelda preorder. ~~Worth warning folks that they say you cannot use a voucher on a game that is less than 7 days away from release so don't drag your feet too long!~~ I misread something. There's no limit on what you can buy relative to being only pre-release

This isn't true at all. You can literally use the vouchers on games that came out over six years ago
You are correct. There's reference to 7 days throughout the fine print but I couldn't tell you which thing I misread and drew that incorrect conclusion. Thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry to spread misinformation!

You are correct. There's reference to 7 days throughout the fine print but I couldn't tell you which thing I misread and drew that incorrect conclusion. Thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry to spread misinformation!
I think it doesn't actually apply the voucher until 7 days prior to the release date and you have to have a voucher available at that time. But I could also be spreading misinformation

bread's done
Back