Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I'm streaming some Advance Wars 1+2: ReBoot Camp if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a good remake of the classic GBA Advance Wars games with a new visual style that works well for me and a few enhancements to the game. You get some speed-up options for the battle animations to hold down the right trigger to speed through the battles or options to skip some mixture of capture and battle animations. The only other thing you can change in the options is muting music from what I saw, so not much else for options.

The campaigns seem like they're still great, though they ask if you've played AW before and then still run you through the tutorials as a refresher. That makes the early part of the first game's campaign a little slow, but it doesn't take long to lose the handcuffs. If you want, you can skip to AW2 with a warning that it'll spoil the ending of the first game. Muchlike the original, you earn coins after each battle to spend in the shop for more battle maps, COs, and some gallery stuff like music tracks and single frames of art.

Multiplayer is limited like you'd expect from Nintendo with local play with other owners of the game and online play that only works with people on your friends list. Map sharing also has that same restriction, I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that Target isn't shipping my $40 buy 2 get 1 free from well over a year ago in a very timely manner. I won't be playing until next Friday if their shipping status is to be believed.
Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. Their tracking is all sorts of wacky when you look at it. Hopefully you get it sooner than that.

Seems that Target isn't shipping my $40 buy 2 get 1 free from well over a year ago in a very timely manner. I won't be playing until next Friday if their shipping status is to be believed.
Im in the same boat. Advance wars has been waiting for a year and they couldn’t ship it the day before release?

Of course I don’t have time to play anyway.

Mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. Their tracking is all sorts of wacky when you look at it. Hopefully you get it sooner than that.
Lucky!

Wacky is no joke. Originally said Friday. This morning the label was printed and it moved up to Wednesday. The package was eventually picked up this afternoon and now they say Tuesday. Who knows?

My original preorder was back in June 2021, during a buy2get1. Anyway, I’ve been checking it all week, switched to back ordered on Wednesday, expected in stock Apr 28. Then on Friday it switched to shipping Apr 28.

Suddenly yesterday I got a we’re about to ship your item email and then it was preparing for shipment. Now today in the main orders page it says arriving today but if I click into the order it still shows estimated Apr 28.

There’s no tracking tied to it so who knows, I’m figuring maybe they’re using one of their courier delivery instacart-type services maybe?

I generally buy the previous Picross game when the new one goes on sale. Picross is usually on sale maybe twice a year, so be sure to get what you want. I just have one more puzzle on S2 so will be starting S3 soon enough.

Are there any Picross games that are recommended over the others, or should I just go for any of them?
On the 3Ds, older versions didn't have all the new modes of play so there was more of a difference. I don't think that's the case on the switch, but I only own one of them and the Sega picross since I really prefer the 3ds picros experience (stylus for the win).

I think you're going to get the relatively same experience with any of them and the older ones are a little cheaper.

Also the sega picross is a great nostalgia experience since the puzzles all reveal classic sega sprites and characters.

I hope to see a physical cart with several Picross seasons as a collection. Love picross, hate digital and not willing to fork out more than a few bucks for digital stuff. Hate of digital (especially for Nintendo) still winning...

I like Picross and all but couldn’t the puzzles be generated automatically? Seems kinda silly to pay $8-$10 for new puzzles every 6 months.
Simon Tatham's Puzzles (freeware that can be found pretty easily online for computer and mobile platforms) includes a nonogram generator, though nonograms tend to be more engaging when they've been made by real people than by RNG.

I hope to see a physical cart with several Picross seasons as a collection. Love picross, hate digital and not willing to fork out more than a few bucks for digital stuff. Hate of digital (especially for Nintendo) still winning...
I don't think there's been any Picross carts since picross 3d 2 on 3ds, as that was a joint venture with Nintendo.

Digital works for many of us, especially "two switch households" so we can play game a game simultaneously with a single copy. You lose resale ability, for sure. These days most games are incomplete on a cart anyway and need some sort of connectivity to update post release so most carts are more transferrable license dongles than some futureproof ownership, but this has been debated to death here and elsewhere.

Digital works for me. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

Simon Tatham's Puzzles (freeware that can be found pretty easily online for computer and mobile platforms) includes a nonogram generator, though nonograms tend to be more engaging when they've been made by real people than by RNG.
I'll add another option that I've recommended before:

Pixel Puzzle for Android (probably also for iOS) is a picross made by Konami and is available for free. If you have an ad blocker the game has zero ads and the puzzles reveal classic Konami sprites.

Picross puzzles are better because you can try to figure out what the subject of the final picture's going to be, so there's some sense of logic to the layout.

Some of the clones have randomly generated puzzles, like the Picross 3D clone Voxelgram, but it's not really satisfying to just do random shapes.

Picross S9 has a neat rewind feature that lets you roll back what you've done in the puzzle to see where you might have messed up, though I didn't do a rollback with it since I assume it counts as a hint to negate the star. Just rolling back through the timeline doesn't count against the hint star.

I like Picross and all but couldn’t the puzzles be generated automatically? Seems kinda silly to pay $8-$10 for new puzzles every 6 months.
There are free generated puzzles for the base type, but they can have unsolvable puzzles with 50:50 options.

And I'm unaware of Mega Picross anywhere else (not that I've looked for it). And there's color Picross on top of that.

Not sure if this is the right place but if anyone has an open spot on their Nintendo Online family account please send me a message.

Zelda Splatoon Keychains are up for 550 Plat coins

Splatoon x The Legend of Zelda Splatfest Keychain Set - Nintendo Official Site

I went too crazy on Fire Emblem on the phone and had 5500 points.  I snagged all this for $7.50 in shipping.

Splatoon x The Legend of Zelda Splatfest Keychain Set
Quantity: 1

550 Platinum Points
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land™ Deluxe – Kirby & Magolor Canvas Pouch

500 Platinum Points
Metroid Prime™ Remastered - Big Pin Set

800 Platinum Points
Splatoon 3: Splatsville Shopping Bag

800 Platinum Points
Splatoon x Pokémon Splatfest Keychain Set

550 Platinum Points
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: Spark Keychain

400 Platinum Points
Kirby's Dream Buffet Keychain

600 Platinum Points
Mario & Me: A Three-Year Journey Journal Book

Edit: You can get the keychains again if you do another order.

Zelda Splatoon Keychains are up for 550 Plat coins

Splatoon x The Legend of Zelda Splatfest Keychain Set - Nintendo Official Site

I went too crazy on Fire Emblem on the phone and had 5500 points. I snagged all this for $7.50 in shipping.

Splatoon x The Legend of Zelda Splatfest Keychain Set
Quantity: 1

550 Platinum Points
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land™ Deluxe – Kirby & Magolor Canvas Pouch

500 Platinum Points
Metroid Prime™ Remastered - Big Pin Set

800 Platinum Points
Splatoon 3: Splatsville Shopping Bag

800 Platinum Points
Splatoon x Pokémon Splatfest Keychain Set

550 Platinum Points
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: Spark Keychain

400 Platinum Points
Kirby's Dream Buffet Keychain

600 Platinum Points
Mario & Me: A Three-Year Journey Journal Book

Edit: You can get the keychains again if you do another order.
Thanks a lot for heads up on these. I had to nab them since I had the points and some have been expiring anyways. $7.41 shipping sort of hurt but these seem pretty darn cool.

bread's done
Back