Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I just texted my youngest son (18) this. I'm not sure if he's even aware of the glitch, but it's worth considering.
My kid and his friends have been exploiting the heck out of a few different dupe glitches. I personally don't understand the point of playing the game if you're going to actively change the mechanics away from the designers intentions, but to each their own.

I haven't used a single dupe glitch to this point, just because I've been enjoying the game without trying any of them.  Having said that, I'm almost out of arrows and bomb flowers after a completing a pretty challenging area... so maybe I could have used them.  

My kid and his friends have been exploiting the heck out of a few different dupe glitches. I personally don't understand the point of playing the game if you're going to actively change the mechanics away from the designers intentions, but to each their own.
For me it’s all about avoiding any type of grinding for money, gear, etc. I’m still ready to experience the story, the dungeons/shrines, the physics gameplay, etc. I just have no interest in hunting down mobs just to earn more stuff to sell, cook, attach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used a single dupe glitch to this point, just because I've been enjoying the game without trying any of them. Having said that, I'm almost out of arrows and bomb flowers after a completing a pretty challenging area... so maybe I could have used them.
Fair. I have not, but we have Amiibos so... maybe my high Epona argument just got knocked down the side of a mountain.

It's just whatever way you want to have fun with the game. Patching out the glitch removes that avenue, which is dumb. If it had multiplayer aspects, makes sense, patch it. But it's single player, and the methods are not easily stumbled upon by accident, so boo to that.

When I was a wee lad (we're talking under 6), I played through all the NES Marios with infinite lives via Game Genie. Cheating? Yup. Did I enjoy the games better that way? Yup.

I hate wasting my time grinding for drops no matter what I'm playing, so I'm all for duping in offline games when it's just otherwise unfun and a waste of time to me.

I paid my dues in BotW fully upgrading every armor piece, including the amiibo sets, without dupes because they weren't widely known at the time. Stupid dragon parts and star fragments can bite me.

I'm playing this game as legit as I can until I inevitably get to the point where I'm just upgrading stuff, needing 4 million rupees and entire forests of wood to build a house or city or something, and having to farm 90 dragon horns or whatever from the same dragon with a 10-minute cooldown.

I'm playing this game as legit as I can until I inevitably get to the point where I'm just upgrading stuff, needing 4 million rupees and entire forests of wood to build a house or city or something, and having to farm 90 dragon horns or whatever from the same dragon with a 10-minute cooldown.
I'm "stuck" on one of those quests right now... and it's definitely annoying since I thought I had gotten through the hardest component, and then I got a collection quest after... ugh.

This reminds me of a glitch from an older Zelda game that got "patched out" in later releases. When I was a kid and read about the warp glitch in Zelda: Links Awakening, I had a blast messing around with it, even if I would sometimes end up in a dungeon room with no exit, or go to the next screen and repeatedly fall to my death until a game over.

There was a later revision with a -1 on the label that "fixed" that.

My son replied later that he was very well aware of the glitch but finished the game without using it. He's got a group of friends also playing it, but I don't know their view on exploits. My thought (which my son echoed back at me) is to play the game as is and use glitches and stuff after to extend the fun.

I actually get a lot of enjoyment out of finding and exploiting glitches in games, and doing things that I was not supposed to do. Usually on my first playthrough I don't go too crazy with glitches that can be exploited for gain, but after that, and especially for old favorite games, part of the fun is being able to do whatever the fuck I want at any given time.

In a world where we're now forced to pay for convenience and elements that used to be included (ex. cheats), I think patching out duplication bugs in a single player game is lame.

It's just whatever way you want to have fun with the game. Patching out the glitch removes that avenue, which is dumb. If it had multiplayer aspects, makes sense, patch it. But it's single player, and the methods are not easily stumbled upon by accident, so boo to that.

When I was a wee lad (we're talking under 6), I played through all the NES Marios with infinite lives via Game Genie. Cheating? Yup. Did I enjoy the games better that way? Yup.

I hate wasting my time grinding for drops no matter what I'm playing, so I'm all for duping in offline games when it's just otherwise unfun and a waste of time to me.

I paid my dues in BotW fully upgrading every armor piece, including the amiibo sets, without dupes because they weren't widely known at the time. Stupid dragon parts and star fragments can bite me.

The best was playing Mega Man 3 for NES as a kid where if you put a weight on some of the buttons on the second controller Mega Man would jump higher, that was delightful. Wish that could be toggled or something for the rereleases.

Having looked at the video of steps required to glitch, it's just a different kind of grinding.

The reason I don't want to dupe is suddenly every chest you open is a lot less important and special. Spend an extra 10 minutes figuring out how to get the chest in a shrine only to get "another diamond" ? Seems like it would diminish enjoyment to me, but everyone should do what's right for them.

Having looked at the video of steps required to glitch, it's just a different kind of grinding.

The reason I don't want to dupe is suddenly every chest you open is a lot less important and special. Spend an extra 10 minutes figuring out how to get the chest in a shrine only to get "another diamond" ? Seems like it would diminish enjoyment to me, but everyone should do what's right for them.
I was scanning the Zelda amiibos early on and it made all the chests worthless. I just wanted to get the unique items but have only gotten resources and weapons mostly. So I've just stopped scanning them because it makes the chests in the game fairly worthless

You don't have to update. It just asks you every time if you want to update but that might only be if you keep the game open. I didn't use or care about the glitch so it doesn't affect me. Those that want it just never update the game if possible.

Just last night got a point where guess what, I need star fragments and dragon parts again for the same reason. Guess I'm figuring out how the dupe works today.

I'm not giving myself 999 diamonds and fairies or anything like that, either.

Anyone playing advance wars 1+2?

I don’t know if I’m just in a rut where things aren’t fun but I’m not digging it so far. Might be the cartoonish graphics. I’ve always preferred days of ruin.

Anyone playing advance wars 1+2?

I don’t know if I’m just in a rut where things aren’t fun but I’m not digging it so far. Might be the cartoonish graphics. I’ve always preferred days of ruin.
I really enjoyed it the first time around but I barely played any of this switch version. It just didn't pull me in like it did when I was younger. Now with totk, I don't know if I ever will revisit it.

After the recent masterpieces in this genre (Into the Breach, for example) these titles just feel a bit stale to me.

Just last night got a point where guess what, I need star fragments and dragon parts again for the same reason. Guess I'm figuring out how the dupe works today.

I'm not giving myself 999 diamonds and fairies or anything like that, either.
I Still remember the crafting experience of BotW and the whole build a town game as well so I gladly dived into the whole item dupe glitch and still have yet to update. As for the whole experience of chests feeling less important, well I have goddamn gaming OCD so I'll still open them up and even then this saves me the disappointment of opening a chest to find a level 4 shield or something that wasn't worth the effort.

Also nothing like 2/3 through a massive climb with barely enough stamina left and it starts goddamn raining.

I really enjoyed it the first time around but I barely played any of this switch version. It just didn't pull me in like it did when I was younger. Now with totk, I don't know if I ever will revisit it.

After the recent masterpieces in this genre (Into the Breach, for example) these titles just feel a bit stale to me.
Into the breach is so so good. Most played game of the year for me since it was free on Netflix.

Man I am loving TOTK so far. I waited to get a used copy at GS to make sure I could return it if I didn't like it. I got bored of BOTW because the world was barren but this is the exact opposite of that. This game feels so rewarding to explore. 

Man I am loving TOTK so far. I waited to get a used copy at GS to make sure I could return it if I didn't like it. I got bored of BOTW because the world was barren but this is the exact opposite of that. This game feels so rewarding to explore.
Agreed! I loved BOTW but this game has so much more, with the people giving side quests and the multi-tier landscape to explore. I haven’t really gotten into the building yet. So many people said TOTK seemed like Nintendo doubling down on the weird experimental stuff fans made in BOTW. And it is, but not at the expense of story and a more guided experience if you want that, too.

I don't frequent this thread much, and I'm sure that this has already been posted at some point, but is nOS Operating System worth the $1.99?

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nos-new-operating-system-premium-edition-switch/

And does it do any major changes to the Switch itself or is it just an app? Curious because the sale on it ends today.
I don't think anyone has ever mentioned that before. It's just an app. Looks like a basic environment to organize and do very basic tasks. Pretty much useless for anyone that has a smart phone unless you want to organize info into something usual as a measure of obfuscated security (though it wouldn't be a secure way to do that).

I can't imagine it's worth it for anyone but maybe small children that have a switch and no other electronics. But even they probably wouldn't put much time in with it.

https://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro/status/1664290893900431361

The expensive editions of Etrian Oddysey are out now for $40 each or $80 for the three game bundle.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1664438932728168450

This is a sequel that they supposedly finished a long time ago and didn't release it because it wasn't good enough for them.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1664438932728168450

This is a sequel that they supposedly finished a long time ago and didn't release it because it wasn't good enough for them.
But I'm guessing it's in the same state as it was a long time ago - not vastly improved.

Those that wanted Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Edition physical from a regular store... BB has it up for preorder:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dead-cells-return-to-castlevania-edition-nintendo-switch/6547005.p?skuId=6547005

I'm digging through all the preorders to see if there's anything I want to use my last $5 cert on... that's about the best thing so far.  Will probably wait a few weeks and see if Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai pops on before it expires as I know I'll buy that.

But I'm guessing it's in the same state as it was a long time ago - not vastly improved.
They probably decided that with all the critical acclaim TotK is getting, they can stand whatever criticism they get for this mess.

Boggles my mind that they're still trying to make a fusion of Wario Ware and clubhouse games when what they should be doing is finding a way to adapt nintendoland to the switch

They realized they forgot that they didn't have a game coming out for June, so they're pooping out this turd. Thanks Nintendo, very cool

oldnintendoseal.png

Those that wanted Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Edition physical from a regular store... BB has it up for preorder:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dead-cells-return-to-castlevania-edition-nintendo-switch/6547005.p?skuId=6547005

I'm digging through all the preorders to see if there's anything I want to use my last $5 cert on... that's about the best thing so far. Will probably wait a few weeks and see if Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai pops on before it expires as I know I'll buy that.
Thank you I got a $10 and was probably going to waste it. I now have to decide between Dead Cells Castlevania and Tunic.

We're probably past really mild spoilers for TotK, but I'll spoiler tag it anyway just in case. Concerning amiibo paraglider stuff and other amiibo things.

Anyone else with the Majora's Mask Link amiibo simply unable to obtain the Majora's Mask paraglider fabric?

I've scanned this thing every day since release. Got almost all of the other amiibo fabrics the first night, most of the rest the following weekend, but the Sword-Spirit fabric took about a week. Something to do with earning each fabric decreasing the odds of the next one, maybe?

If that ain't it, I have no idea why it's not dropping. I've saved and reloaded dozens of times. Have the full Fierce Deity armor set, got the Fierce Diety sword, and these have all showed up multiple times, but no paraglider fabric. :(

The only one I have is Ocarina of Time link.
Reload saves for that one and Young Link and you can get the Biggoron Sword. It's not as spiffy as the Fierce Deity from the Majora amiiba, but pretty close. You can get one a day. The two Zelda's drop the Twilight Bow (called dusk in TotK) which is pretty good. The only other notables is the full Fierce Deity outfit from the Majora Link and it's all attack+ gear. There are plenty of outfits to collect, but don't really help any.

I finished TotK tonight and it was totes. The mission complete "ding" after the boss was perfectly placed! :D

bread's done
Back