Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
So is there a general consensus on which one of these Qubic games to buy for 49 cents?

I bought Golf Guys (but haven't played it yet) because the Android reviews were generally pretty good and only complained about the ads, which the Switch version doesn't have. Otherwise the only consensus here seems to be that none of them are significant enough to matter and only worth buying to get the rest for free.

I bought Golf Guys (but haven't played it yet) because the Android reviews were generally pretty good and only complained about the ads, which the Switch version doesn't have. Otherwise the only consensus here seems to be that none of them are significant enough to matter and only worth buying to get the rest for free.
True but I've read some good things about Om nom run too. Monster truck Arena has four and a half Stars on the Apple Store.

Last edited:
Light It Up was actually pretty decent, and I enjoyed what I've played so far. So the giveaway starts now, and it looks like they've announced most of the upcoming games, especially Mana Spark, which was their "big game" from the last giveaway or so. The Mini Golf game was quite a bit of fun.

I already own Pocket Mini Golf 2 and Goodnight Knight, so I should be fine for the giveaway. I didn't buy any of the "BUY THESE BEFORE 1/15" titles, but I already owned one, so either way I should be eligible for the free games.

Not super excited, but hey, you never know...

I think my 2DS XL needs a new battery. Can anyone confirm if this : https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/battery-pack-rsoc-103975/
is the right battery to buy?
Looks like that is the correct battery for the 2DS XL.

The 3DS XL uses this battery. SPR-003

After Dave the Diver, I cleansed my palate with Steins;Gate 0. VNs can’t throw new mechanics at me every few minutes, lol.

On an unrelated note, has anyone played Turnip Boy Robs a Bank? Does it run okay on Switch? I don’t have an Xbox and the laptop we have is a potato (pretty much only for doing our taxes each year). And I don’t think it’s on Playstation so Switch is the only option.

I'm planning to grab a copy of Another Code: Recollection when it gets stocked locally (It releases today). I enjoyed the DS first game (Trace Memory), even though it was an early DS release that felt a bit tech demo'ish as it wasn't that long. I do want to play the sequel so that makes this recollection package worth it. Hopefully this sells well enough that we get a Hotel Dusk / Last Window updated port collection.

I can definitely
I'm planning to grab a copy of Another Code: Recollection when it gets stocked locally (It releases today). I enjoyed the DS first game (Trace Memory), even though it was an early DS release that felt a bit tech demo'ish as it wasn't that long. I do want to play the sequel so that makes this recollection package worth it. Hopefully this sells well enough that we get a Hotel Dusk / Last Window updated port collection.
My wife loved Trace Memory on the DS, so I will have to ask her if she'd at all be curious about trying this out on the Switch (she hasn't played games... other than match 3 games much in the last few years.)

After Dave the Diver, I cleansed my palate with Steins;Gate 0. VNs can’t throw new mechanics at me every few minutes, lol.

On an unrelated note, has anyone played Turnip Boy Robs a Bank? Does it run okay on Switch? I don’t have an Xbox and the laptop we have is a potato (pretty much only for doing our taxes each year). And I don’t think it’s on Playstation so Switch is the only option.
I'm sure it will be patched eventually, but it has really bad frame rate dips on switch unfortunately

I couldn't finish it lol I got to a lot of the bullshit you warned me about (the Cooking Mama segments, the bullet hell boss fight, the part where you have to control 2 people using both sticks which is something my brain can never handle) and managed to pass it, but when the game said it was going to make me wait two days to advance the story, I just gave up. I don't think the devs had a clue what kind of game they wanted to make so they just incorporated every single idea they had. Someone needed to tell them to cut some stuff and just focus on something. My husband pointed out that I have a tendency to "hate complete" games, so I've been trying to not make myself keep playing games I'm not enjoying. So, I'll be moving on to something else.

The Xenoblade 3 amiibo come out today and I'll be picking them up from Gamestop tonight, so I should really get to my obligatory NG+ run. Maybe I'll appreciate the story a little better if I play the game again. I actually didn't like the story much in Xenoblade 2 when I first played it, but a NG+ run made me love the story and the game in general. So, it's only fair to give 3 the same treatment. Like I've said before, while I didn't like 3's story, I loved the gameplay, so replaying it sounds very fun.

Then there's Pikmin 4, the new Dragon Quest Monsters, No Man's Sky, just got Subnautica: Below Zero and Dredge...I'm gonna need to roll a damn die to decide what to play next lol

I couldn't finish it lol I got to a lot of the bullshit you warned me about (the Cooking Mama segments, the bullet hell boss fight, the part where you have to control 2 people using both sticks which is something my brain can never handle) and managed to pass it, but when the game said it was going to make me wait two days to advance the story, I just gave up. I don't think the devs had a clue what kind of game they wanted to make so they just incorporated every single idea they had. Someone needed to tell them to cut some stuff and just focus on something. My husband pointed out that I have a tendency to "hate complete" games, so I've been trying to not make myself keep playing games I'm not enjoying. So, I'll be moving on to something else.

The Xenoblade 3 amiibo come out today and I'll be picking them up from Gamestop tonight, so I should really get to my obligatory NG+ run. Maybe I'll appreciate the story a little better if I play the game again. I actually didn't like the story much in Xenoblade 2 when I first played it, but a NG+ run made me love the story and the game in general. So, it's only fair to give 3 the same treatment. Like I've said before, while I didn't like 3's story, I loved the gameplay, so replaying it sounds very fun.

Then there's Pikmin 4, the new Dragon Quest Monsters, No Man's Sky, just got Subnautica: Below Zero and Dredge...I'm gonna need to roll a damn die to decide what to play next lol
The wait 2 days part was almost where I rage quit the game.
But…it’s right at the ending. One more puzzly dungeon portion and then the final boss.

i picked up the Xenoblade Amiibo at GameStop just now. Was the first one so they let me pick whichever one I thought was best painted. I did not play Xenoblade, my older daughter just wanted the amiibo. Not Switch related but while there I asked if they would have their copies of Infinite Wealth next Friday. They already got them, but no extras and preorders were already cut off. Feels like it keeps getting worse to just meander into a GameStop to pick up a new game.

Just got Another Code Recollection from BB and I may play the first game since I think it’s short. I’m trying not to play anything too long because I want to dive into Infinite Wealth next Friday.

Last edited:
Pikmin 4 is so damn good. Couldn't believe I put 40+ hours into it. Just couldn't put it down.
I watched my husband play it (he's a huge Pikmin fan) and I had so much fun just pointing things out to him, that I played the first three games while I was giving myself time to forget everything I saw. I always wanted to go back and give the series another try, since I had only played the first game as a kid and didn't finish it because it was too stressful. So finally, like 20 years later, I've beaten 1-3 and am on my way to 4. So glad I did, too. Pikmin has become one of my favorite game series.
But…it’s right at the ending. One more puzzly dungeon portion and then the final boss.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh I know I'm right at the end but just....uuuuuuuuuuugh.

It's your fault I keep playing this crap (jk lol).

Pikmin 4 is so damn good. Couldn't believe I put 40+ hours into it. Just couldn't put it down.

That is the next game I plan on playing on Switch. I finally went back and finished ToTK and I'm glad I did. It didn't really grab me at first but when I picked it back up I focused on getting the dragon tears and revealing the story elements of the game just made it so much more compelling.

Also I want to shout out Dust & Neon great Switch rogue lite on sale for $2 — 90% off. Picked it up with some gold coins and have been enjoying it.

YOU.

I did it. Last night, I finished Dave the Diver, and you were right, it really was just one more lame dungeon and one more stupid boss. I actually kept playing to get to the shark party and one more VIP (one who was tied to Bancho's backstory and I was actually invested in that). So I was ready to put it down when the game unlocked the second branch, because holy shit I wasn't going to spend days and days in-game training up a staff for that crap, but then the game gave me a cucumber party! And I thought that was really funny, so I gave it a try. I really loved preparing for the parties and VIP guests. Pretty much everything with the sushi restaurant was the best part. If the game had just focused on diving/catching, running the restaurant, and maybe some farming, it would have been so much better. Imagine how many more biomes we could have gotten if the devs didn't waste time on pointless minigames and bullshit mechanics that are relevant only during the moments they're introduced?

Seriously, it was like a 7/10 exploration/catching game, an 8/10 restaurant manager, and a 6/10 overall, cohesive experience. I seriously haven't hate-completed a game this hard in a long time lol

Got my Xenoblade 3 amiibo last night, so I can finally start my NG+ run when I feel like it. Need to find something really good to get me back into the gaming groove after Dave the Nightmare.

YOU.

I did it. Last night, I finished Dave the Diver, and you were right, it really was just one more lame dungeon and one more stupid boss. I actually kept playing to get to the shark party and one more VIP (one who was tied to Bancho's backstory and I was actually invested in that). So I was ready to put it down when the game unlocked the second branch, because holy shit I wasn't going to spend days and days in-game training up a staff for that crap, but then the game gave me a cucumber party! And I thought that was really funny, so I gave it a try. I really loved preparing for the parties and VIP guests. Pretty much everything with the sushi restaurant was the best part. If the game had just focused on diving/catching, running the restaurant, and maybe some farming, it would have been so much better. Imagine how many more biomes we could have gotten if the devs didn't waste time on pointless minigames and bullshit mechanics that are relevant only during the moments they're introduced?

Seriously, it was like a 7/10 exploration/catching game, an 8/10 restaurant manager, and a 6/10 overall, cohesive experience. I seriously haven't hate-completed a game this hard in a long time lol

Got my Xenoblade 3 amiibo last night, so I can finally start my NG+ run when I feel like it. Need to find something really good to get me back into the gaming groove after Dave the Nightmare.
Sorry I got you to rage complete a game.

I’ll suggest Another Code Recollection for some more frustration.
First off you can’t skip the first game even if you’ve already played it on the DS. You have to play through it to get to the second. Haven’t completed it yet so don’t know if a select unlocks once you complete both.
Puzzles have changed and I get frustrated because I know what I need to do but sometimes the controls for fine movements straight up suck. I had to line 2 objects up perfectly and that took longer than it really should.

Just finished Another Code Recollection. It was ok. Some of the puzzles ere annoying. Especially anything that used gyro. Ugh. Don’t think it should’ve been a $60 release, $40 would feel right since even together they are short. And while you unlock a different outfit for Ashley in the second game after finishing…there is no option to pick the second game as a starting point. You have to go through the first again.

I have Another Code Recollection coming in on Tuesday I think. I never played it before, but hope I have an OK experience at least. I am going in blindly and ordered the Touch Detective collection coming later in the year too (with the little plush fungi...cute).

As somebody who almost never plays adventure games, I’m quite fond of Trace Memory on DS. I do wonder if it will feel as fresh on a different system.

I'm not as bothered that the Another Code games aren't the longest ever. I really want to play the second one (and don't mind having to go through the original again... it's been 19 years since Trace Memory released in the USA) and hope that these sales help push the update/remakes of Hotel Dusk and it's sequel Last Window (even though I have both on DS... with Last Window being the Italy/EU released version, which also had English).

I know this is an eShop thread, but Woot has some solid Switch physical deals ATM (re-post from the Woot thread).

Warhammer 40k Boltgun and Mineko's Night Market for $19.99:

Mato Anomalies and Days of Doom for $12.99:

Hori Horipad Turbo wired Switch controller for $14.99:

Remember that you get free shipping if you sign in with your Amazon Prime account.

Nintendo and Game Freak are not happy about Palworld I’m sure, but can’t say I’m surprised. They wanted the Blue Ocean, they got it. Is this the first time a genre Nintendo’s had on lock been so successfully challenged out the gate, by an indie studio no less. The larger studios are going to smell blood, prepare for a bunch of open world Pokémon clones the next few years.

Last edited:
I mean, Animal Crossing spawned a whole subgenre of “cozy” lifesim games, and I doubt Nintendo cared too much as long as AC itself sold millions. A lot of these AC knockoffs are available on the Switch even.

Aren’t Sword/Shield & Scarlet/Violet the best selling games in the series apart from the originals? I doubt Nintendo is quaking in their boots because an indie game went viral.

But more competition is good for the genre so we are the real winners here. I dunno about Palworld, it looks a bit too crafting/survival centric for my tastes- though it’s definitely something I’m sure I’ll play eventually- but monster taming rpgs that aren’t Pokemon have existed for a while now and are often damn good. Monster Sanctuary, Cassette Beasts, Nexomon and Coromon are all solid games. I’m even playing the new Dragon Quest Monsters atm and it’s awesome. Though I did kind of expect Temtem to go viral when it came out, but it really didn’t. I guess what people want is Pokemon with guns for some reason, and Palworld delivers on that.

Even Square & Enix did it before Pokemon with the monster taming in Dragon Quest on SNES and the SaGa/Final Fantasy Legends games on gameboy.

Last edited:
Yeah, no doubt one of the biggest video game franchise‘s in the world will continue selling a bunch of copies. But you’re downplaying ”going viral” if you think Nintendo and its competitors aren’t taking note, much more than any other Pokémon like. Game Freak especially.

Last edited:
Yeah, no doubt one of the biggest video game franchise‘s in the world will continue selling a bunch of copies. But you’re downplaying ”going viral” if you think Nintendo and its competitors aren’t taking note, much more than any other Pokémon like.

Feels like wishful thinking. Yeah Pokemon sucks these days and it would be nice if something else overtook it as the #1 monster taming rpg. Some of us have been waiting for that for decades actually. But this is a parody game that took off exactly because it’s using Pokemon’s popularity as a launching pad. You can literally cook and eat your monsters or capture human npcs lol. They are going for dark & edgy Pokemon which people have been waiting for forever but never got until now. I dunno what notes Nintendo needs to be taking here, you will never be able to enslave humans or eat Pikachu in a Pokemon game. I guess they can look at the crafting and survival aspects, which are really trendy nowadays anyway, and build that into the next Pokemon game. Which would make it somehow even worse I bet but I guess the kids & streamers would like it. Dunno what competitors are going to do either, the likes of Sony and EA and Microsoft have largely given up on making kid&family friendly games. Maybe Ubisoft could churn out some monster taming thing with rabbids in it I guess.

Doing an open world Pokémon better than Pokémon‘s still lacking attempts to do so is what I’m referring to. Even if palworld is a flash in the pan, that is the primary reason it went viral to the point it is breaking steam records. Not that Palworld is it, but there is certainly room for a monster tamer game with less brain dead scenarios and writing as well.

Last edited:

Doing an open world Pokémon better than Pokémon‘s still lacking attempts to do so is what I’m referring to. Even if palworld is a flash in the pan, that is the primary reason it went viral to the point it is breaking steam records.

I mean, if the game does have legs and the devs use their newfound success to fine tune what is by most accounts a pretty janky but charming game, maybe the Pokemon Company can outright buy them and put them to work on the next Pokemon game. I duno, lots of things can happen. I think the Pokemon games on switch were held back by the hardware and Palworld wouldn’t even be possible on switch. It was only 2 games ago that the series were simple rpgs with barely Gamecube level graphics on 3DS. I assume the next Pokemon on Switch 2 will have better open world design and performance, but that’s not necessarily because Palworld exists, it would’ve happened anyway.

Feels like wishful thinking. Yeah Pokemon sucks these days and it would be nice if something else overtook it as the #1 monster taming rpg. Some of us have been waiting for that for decades actually. But this is a parody game that took off exactly because it’s using Pokemon’s popularity as a launching pad. You can literally cook and eat your monsters or capture human npcs lol. They are going for dark & edgy Pokemon which people have been waiting for forever but never got until now. I dunno what notes Nintendo needs to be taking here, you will never be able to enslave humans or eat Pikachu in a Pokemon game. I guess they can look at the crafting and survival aspects, which are really trendy nowadays anyway, and build that into the next Pokemon game. Which would make it somehow even worse I bet but I guess the kids & streamers would like it. Dunno what competitors are going to do either, the likes of Sony and EA and Microsoft have largely given up on making kid&family friendly games. Maybe Ubisoft could churn out some monster taming thing with rabbids in it I guess.
Crafting was already slightly in arceus with pokeball creation and such. Then there's Crafting in scarlet and Violet.

Crafting was already slightly in arceus with pokeball creation and such. Then there's Crafting in scarlet and Violet.

Yeah that’s right. Legends Arceus was such a better game than either of the 2 Switch main games tbh. I forgot that game existed and I guess Gamefreak did too. Kind of a shame, it had so many kernels of good ideas in it.

Yeah that’s right. Legends Arceus was such a better game than either of the 2 Switch main games tbh. I forgot that game existed and I guess Gamefreak did too. Kind of a shame, it had so many kernels of good ideas in it.
There was scuttlebutt that they are working on another one based on kyurem.

Splatoon 3 story expansion Side Order coming Feb. 22nd:

Haven't gotten the expansion pass since I had no need for the Inkopolis hub and I bounced off Splatoon 3 hard after it was clear Nintendo will never fix the matchmaking, but I'll probably finally bite for this. Splatoon singleplayer campaigns are ridiculously fun. Just sucks it's $5 more than Octo Expansion was since you're forced to get the Inkopolis hub. I guess it's nice for the players who didn't have the first game on Wii U (so, 95% of the player base), but it's just a hub. And, unpopular opinion: I'm so over the Squid Sisters. Off the Hook and Deep Cut 4 Lyfe!

bread's done
Back