Nintendo Fusion Tour Dates - CAGers ASSEMBLE!

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
So Nintendo is sponsoring a tour nearly every day from September 27th to November 11th all across America to promote, what everyone would seriously hope for, the Wii. I thought it would be great if those interested could meet up and have a grand ol` time with some CAG buddies.

Here is a the press release w/ dates -

[quote name='Press Release']
The Nintendo Fusion Tour promises to be one of the hottest tickets of the year. The cross-country tour, produced by Live Nation, will be headlined by Hawthorne Heights and will include up-and-comers like Relient K, Emery, Plain White T’s and The Sleeping. In addition, each location will showcase the best new and upcoming Nintendo games, including a sneak peek at Nintendo’s amazing Wii console.

The tour schedule is below. Information is subject to change. For the most up-to-date information about the Nintendo Fusion Tour, log onto nintendofusiontour.com.

Sept. 27 Columbus, Ohio
Sept. 28 Indianapolis
Sept. 29 Detroit
Sept. 30 Cleveland
Oct. 1 Covington, Ky.
Oct. 4 Philadelphia
Oct. 5 Worcester, Mass.
Oct. 7 Pittsburgh
Oct. 8 New York
Oct. 9 Norfolk, Va.
Oct. 10 Winston-Salem, N.C.
Oct. 11 Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Oct. 12 Orlando, Fla.
Oct. 13 Atlanta
Oct. 14 Jacksonville, Fla.
Oct. 15 Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Oct. 17 Jonesboro, Ark.
Oct. 18 New Orleans
Oct. 19 Houston
Oct. 20 Dallas
Oct. 22 Phoenix
Oct. 24 Anaheim, Calif.
Oct. 25 Los Angeles
Oct. 26 San Francisco
Oct. 27 San Diego
Oct. 28 Las Vegas
Nov. 2 Spokane, Wash.
Nov. 4 Denver
Nov. 5 Kansas City, Mo.
Nov. 6 St. Paul, Minn.
Nov. 7 St. Louis
Nov. 8 Milwaukee
Nov. 9 Des Moines, Iowa
Nov. 10 Champaign, Ill.
Nov. 11 Chicago[/QUOTE]

RUMOR - Here is a wonderful theory about the Wii launch date accoding to GoNintendo.com

[quote name='GoNintendo.com']
Ah, the weekend…where we get to discuss stuff like this. In all honesty, it really isn’t that bad of a guess! Something I didn’t notice while looking at the Fusion Tour dates. Cam2009 writes in…

If you look at Nintendo’s Fusion Tour lineup, there is never more than one day in-between locations, except from

Covington, KY (10/1) to
Philadelphia, PA (10/4),

and Las Vegas, NV (10/28) to
Spokane, WA (11/2)

In between those dates? 10/2 and 11/1…the two top rumors for Wii release…maybe we shouldn’t be arguing about which one is right, maybe there’s something big happening on each of those dates?[/QUOTE]

I intend to make full efforts to make it to the Norfolk, Va tour date on October 9th (Yay for Columbus Day giving me a day off of work!!!), so if you are going and want to meet up PM me so we can exchange contact info.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hmm maybe the Oct 4th show in philly[/QUOTE]

Haha, it takes me 3 hours to drive to Norfolk and Philly. I have a strong feeling that the Philly one will be a good deal larger...

And why the heck is Washington DC never included in these kinds of things?! Isn`t the Nation`s Capital important at all?!

the ONLY reason to go is for the systems and such. As all those bands are some of the worst I've ever heard. Well, only hear relaint K, and didn't like them. Besides, last year the headliner was Fall Out Boy. If thats they're idea of good music, count me out

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']the ONLY reason to go is for the systems and such. As all those bands are some of the worst I've ever heard. Well, only hear relaint K, and didn't like them. Besides, last year the headliner was Fall Out Boy. If thats they're idea of good music, count me out[/QUOTE]

Interesting...going to these tours for the music....the thought seriously never crossed my mind.

If there were systems there, there would be multiple hour lines, and the music portion of it would be generally ignored. I dont think whatever groups they have playing would appreciate that.

[quote name='rywateska']Oct. 20 Dallas anyone?[/quote]

Not if they launch before Oct 19. I'd consider going after the final details are announced, if they're not sold out by then.

Wow, I don't know if I'd be able to suffer through that music to check the games out. Yikes.

Either way, if Wii is not launched before the Atlanta date, I'll probably try to make it over there...

Oct. 15th in Fort Lauderdale is what a friend and I are going to try and make happen.

I don't think Relient K, Emery, or Plain White T's are bad. Hawthorne Heights... meh.

I saw they were coming to Cleveland and smiled. Then I saw the list of bands and cried. Anyone who went to this last year that can let the rest of us CAGs know what to expect?

fuck, 2nd day they're hear and I sure as hell don't wanna go to some shitty ass concert with those emo bands (no offense to anyone who likes them, I don't and am entitled to my opinion) unless I get some awesome free stuff.

Hm, they're right where I live on my birthday. Does my love of games overwhelm my hatred of all of these bands. A CONUNDRUM!

Its coming to phoenix Oct 22nd and I will be there If it isnt released by then. Hopefully the Internet is right (HA!) and we get the wii Oct. 1st.

and there are no new projects at work, I should be able to make the Philly one.
Assuming I am not at home playing some video game or sleeping.

I would go to the Detroit show, but fuck that. I have school and need to save money for a Wii. Not pissing it away to sit in a stinky ass bar in downtown Detroit, trying to stomach through these talented folks. I would rather be at home playing my 360 one last time before I get a Wii and it gets ignored for a few months because of said school and new console.

I went to this tour last year and they basically had a room with a bunch of demo stations set up. Most of the stuff on demo was already available and the only noticable thing they had last year was a demo of Twilight Princess on two gamecubes in the whole venue. The sad thing was that two kids played the demos the ENTIRE TIME the event was going on...plus I never even saw ONE Nintendo rep or anything...

Pittsburgh for me. I just need to get my hands on the Wii, because god knows I hate emo music to death. Dragonforce all the way!!!!!!

[quote name='Genocidal']I saw they were coming to Cleveland and smiled. Then I saw the list of bands and cried. Anyone who went to this last year that can let the rest of us CAGs know what to expect?[/quote]

i went to the one in san antonio last year, and there were about .01 percent of the people there going to the nintendo game area.. which was the lamest excuse for anything mildly fun.. so when some of you guys say "i cant imagine people going for that shitty music" most of the people putting out all that money to go to concert are goin for the bands not the nintendo thing. and yeah the line up isnt all that great this year but to say things like "sorry excuse for music" and stuff like that.. have you ever actually even listned to any of them? not liking a band just because you think they're "emo" is the most retarded reason to talk shit about them. and none of those bands are halfway emo. plain white t's are actually pretty good and im not really into hawthorne anymore but i liked em a lot a couple years ago

bread's done
Back