Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
surprised to see neon was up. thought that it would be a launch only thing.

feel naughty having the ability to buy another switch but not doing so. i own a neon. ill buy another one eventually, but hoping for some sort of special edition. and after nintendo announces cloud saves.

I got a grey. Good way to convert Amazon credit to cash and make a tad extra at the same time.
Sell it quick, there's been a lot of restocks lately, and Gamestop bundles ship next week. We're quickly approaching market equilibrium on these things, I give it two more weeks before there is zero profit to be made selling these.

Sell it quick, there's been a lot of restocks lately, and Gamestop bundles ship next week. We're quickly approaching market equilibrium on these things, I give it two more weeks before there is zero profit to be made selling these.
Always want to sell this kind of thing sooner rather than later because you never know. But stock likely will remain low for awhile.

And worst case I sell it for cost and convert some Amazon credit to cash and collect a few points on my Amazon card for the rest of it. Nothing to panic about.

That's my thoughts. I feel like we're almost at the end of the high demand/low stock situation. Looking forward to walking into the store and buying one like it's a gallon of milk.

That's my thoughts. I feel like we're almost at the end of the high demand/low stock situation. Looking forward to walking into the store and buying one like it's a gallon of milk.
I hope so, but the analysts were saying this "hard to find" may go through Christmas so I bit on the Amazon one. I was able to easily do it (from home, sitting down). I had popped into a couple of Best Buys and Wal-marts and they'd all gotten some (5-9) in the past week but insta-sold-out. So now while I wait til mine shows up Wednesday I need to buy Zelda and a decent case.

70 bucks for the pro controller seems expensive (when it's even avail). Whats different between it and that like 14 dollar thing you just stick the 2 wii motes (or whatever this gen calls them) into them?

How can you be certain your switch is free of defects ? I don't SEE anything wrong, and except for what I'm assuming is an IR port or lens on the screen , i just wanted to know if there was something you might try of notice to test any defects ? (Or self diagnostics ??)

Thx

How can you be certain your switch is free of defects ? I don't SEE anything wrong, and except for what I'm assuming is an IR port or lens on the screen , i just wanted to know if there was something you might try of notice to test any defects ? (Or self diagnostics ??)

Thx
Try the left joy calibration behind your back and 6 feet away. Look for dead/stuck pixels. Check for backlight bleed in a dark room. Take a look at your dock from the side and see that it isn't warped from top to bottom. That's about it.

70 bucks for the pro controller seems expensive (when it's even avail). Whats different between it and that like 14 dollar thing you just stick the 2 wii motes (or whatever this gen calls them) into them?
It’s a much heftier and substantial controller with a similar feel to the XBONE pad.

It’s overpriced – like everything else related to this system – but I really do prefer playing games with it, especially Zelda.

Definitely a good purchase if you plan on using the Switch as a home console.

Thx
I hope this is sarcasm.

They're still selling quicklg, but there have been lots of reports of people randomly walking into Best Buy and Wal Mart and finding them, and when they have been restocked online they typically last at least 20 minutes to a half hour, so this thing isn't the NES Classic by any means. If you want a Switch, they're out there, the only people pying $350-$400 right now are the impatient and the impulsive.

Thx
I would also find the connection test setting in the settings. Make sure it doesn't have serious issues connecting to the Internet.

It’s a much heftier and substantial controller with a similar feel to the XBONE pad.

It’s overpriced – like everything else related to this system – but I really do prefer playing games with it, especially Zelda.

Definitely a good purchase if you plan on using the Switch as a home console.
It does have some additional tech in there, the Pro controller can do pretty much anything the Joy Con pair can do - motion sensing, NFC reading, HD rumble, etc. I don't think it has the IR though.

I was definitely thinking I could make do with just two JoyCon pairs, thinking it supported 4 player, or 2 with a "regular" controller layout. That's all fine and dandy, but it misses one thing - you don't have a control pad unless you have a Pro. The button setup on the JoyCons is a nightmare for playing 2D games, Shovel Knight is much improved with a proper D-Pad.

Also, it kind of surprised me the heft of the Pro. It feels great and has a fantastic weight to it - not dissimilar to the XBox Elite. And it comes with a handy USB charging cable you can use for the system as well.

Thx
Along with the other suggestions, I would test each button on your joycons too. You can do this in the settings. I had a defective B button that required extra force for it to read the input, so I made sure to get that replaced. Also had a dead pixel show up a week after using the thing. Normally I'd return it for such issues... but I don't want to lose my precious Zelda save. I've learned to deal with it. Good luck.

I hope so, but the analysts were saying this "hard to find" may go through Christmas so I bit on the Amazon one. I was able to easily do it (from home, sitting down). I had popped into a couple of Best Buys and Wal-marts and they'd all gotten some (5-9) in the past week but insta-sold-out. So now while I wait til mine shows up Wednesday I need to buy Zelda and a decent case.

To be honest even the newer PS4 and XBONE consoles can be hard to find at my local Walmarts, even worse at Target. I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch becomes much easier to obtain via Amazon and BB in the near future.

If I were you I would have bit with the Amazon one too, but I want to wait it out a bit for the games library to increase and possibly hold out for a Zelda bundle/themed edition like what Nintendo did with the Wii-U Wind Waker version.

For those who need a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller check stores option on the Best Buy website as it is now available at all of my local stores for pickup. Earlier in the week they had none within 250 miles.

I was able to use all the reward certificates from earlier this month with $800 I spent on Switch / Zelda / Amiibos.

i walked into the walmart here in my parents town of Beaufort, SC and they just received 5 this morning. i was able to pick up one at 11:00am

It does have some additional tech in there, the Pro controller can do pretty much anything the Joy Con pair can do - motion sensing, NFC reading, HD rumble, etc. I don't think it has the IR though.

I was definitely thinking I could make do with just two JoyCon pairs, thinking it supported 4 player, or 2 with a "regular" controller layout. That's all fine and dandy, but it misses one thing - you don't have a control pad unless you have a Pro. The button setup on the JoyCons is a nightmare for playing 2D games, Shovel Knight is much improved with a proper D-Pad.

Also, it kind of surprised me the heft of the Pro. It feels great and has a fantastic weight to it - not dissimilar to the XBox Elite. And it comes with a handy USB charging cable you can use for the system as well.
It’s definitely a good controller.

Also, I didn’t know about the cord being usable for charging the system.

That’s a nice little bonus. :)

Just got off the phone with Gamestop. They're running a $200 trade credit for any Xbox one, PS4 or wiiU towards a Switch. Well this promo only lasts so long but they have to have the switch in stock and actively selling it to you to do the extra credit. Seems legit but lame because by the time the Switch is really in stock this promo will be over.

It’s definitely a good controller.

Also, I didn’t know about the cord being usable for charging the system.

That’s a nice little bonus. :)
I tried using the cable yesterday to charge my system via a usb port on the side of the dock (I didn't want to dock my system) and it didn't seem like it was drawing enough power to actually charge it. So from my experience, you can use the cable, but it needs to be hooked up to the correct power source to be effective.

Just got off the phone with Gamestop. They're running a $200 trade credit for any Xbox one, PS4 or wiiU towards a Switch. Well this promo only lasts so long but they have to have the switch in stock and actively selling it to you to do the extra credit. Seems legit but lame because by the time the Switch is really in stock this promo will be over.
It's definitely a scam to get people into the store with their trade in, and they will usually just end up trading it in for a lower value without buying a Switch.

Yeah and it is up $200. You only (get) $150 for Wii U and new 3ds.

Can you prepurchase a Switch at Gamestop without buying a bundle?
According to GS employees at locations near me you can't preorder anything to do with the Switch, bundle or not. They recommend camping outside the store on the days the get them in, but how am I supposed to know when they're getting them in??

I went to my closest Target this morning after they said they had low stock thinking I wouldn't get one. I got there 15 minutes past open and they had 5 there. I think Target has been getting restocks consistently every week since launch.

According to GS employees at locations near me you can't preorder anything to do with the Switch, bundle or not. They recommend camping outside the store on the days the get them in, but how am I supposed to know when they're getting them in??
Gotta ask specific stores when they get their shipments (what time of day). Fed-Ex/UPS are typically within the same hour or so. Every store is different. ALSO, some stores are jerks and don't get to their boxes immediately. Most understand. Good luck.

Ultimately, I've heard many MANY stores are getting them, so I wouldn't bother with bundles of fodder (or digital stuff) unless that's what you want. I don't like digital, I enjoy trading in games (sometimes).

Gotta ask specific stores when they get their shipments (what time of day). Fed-Ex/UPS are typically within the same hour or so. Every store is different. ALSO, some stores are jerks and don't get to their boxes immediately. Most understand. Good luck.

Ultimately, I've heard many MANY stores are getting them, so I wouldn't bother with bundles of fodder (or digital stuff) unless that's what you want. I don't like digital, I enjoy trading in games (sometimes).
Having worked retail for a long time I can tell you that UPS / Fed Ex never come on a regular schedule, and the employees at Gamestop will have no idea what is being delivered on any given day.

Having worked retail for a long time I can tell you that UPS / Fed Ex never come on a regular schedule, and the employees at Gamestop will have no idea what is being delivered on any given day.
Having gone to multiple of my local Gamestops for multiple weeks/launches I can tell you that Fed-Ex/UPS were there fairly consistently each day (Mon-Fri). For example, one of my stores UPS guy likes to eat at Jersey Mikes so their delivery is dependent on his eating (say 1215-1245 when he walks from Jersey Mikes back to his truck). The other one gets theirs just after 11 (anywhere from 11-1130ish) across town but they don't tend to break into boxes until the 2nd person comes in 1230-1ish. Not saying EVERY SINGLE DAY is the same but pretty close to it so far as my stores are concerned.

Best Buy around here is a completely different apple. No rhyme or reason to that one at all. Their deliveries are handled by storks or fairies or something.

AND, they had SOME way to track it at Gamestop because the girl KNEW just how many Switches were coming in. (it was printed out on a little receipt she had) I even stayed (if you read back) because I was hoping that when she said "5" what she really meant was "6". I should have asked for more information because up til that point I thought it was random as well.

Best Buy around here is a completely different apple. No rhyme or reason to that one at all. Their deliveries are handled by storks or fairies or something.
LOL, good one^

When I was a warehouse manager, I could set my watch to our UPS guy, and I've had a pretty predictable window at other places as well. But yeah, depending on the route, and the drivers, it can and will be hit and miss.

I can tell you that Fed-Ex/UPS were there fairly consistently each day (Mon-Fri). For example, one of my stores UPS guy likes to eat at Jersey Mikes so their delivery is dependent on his eating (say 1215-1245 when he walks from Jersey Mikes back to his truck). The other one gets theirs just after 11 (anywhere from 11-1130ish) across town but they don't tend to break into boxes until the 2nd person comes in 1230-1ish. Not saying EVERY SINGLE DAY is the same but pretty close
What is this a heist!?

bread's done
Back