Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit I knew this was going to happen

0zCnWLn.jpg

Having gone to multiple of my local Gamestops for multiple weeks/launches I can tell you that Fed-Ex/UPS were there fairly consistently each day (Mon-Fri). For example, one of my stores UPS guy likes to eat at Jersey Mikes so their delivery is dependent on his eating (say 1215-1245 when he walks from Jersey Mikes back to his truck). The other one gets theirs just after 11 (anywhere from 11-1130ish) across town but they don't tend to break into boxes until the 2nd person comes in 1230-1ish. Not saying EVERY SINGLE DAY is the same but pretty close to it so far as my stores are concerned.

Best Buy around here is a completely different apple. No rhyme or reason to that one at all. Their deliveries are handled by storks or fairies or something.

AND, they had SOME way to track it at Gamestop because the girl KNEW just how many Switches were coming in. (it was printed out on a little receipt she had) I even stayed (if you read back) because I was hoping that when she said "5" what she really meant was "6". I should have asked for more information because up til that point I thought it was random as well.
Yes, they do know what's coming in on their next shipment, that is what one female worker told me. ALL the male employees were unhelpful and played ignorant.

Lol at joy cons of color and Ferrari Racer again. Re neon Switch; I have one of both and just bought the neon gel covers.[attachment=26164:IMG_4436.JPG]

Yes, they do know what's coming in on their next shipment, that is what one female worker told me. ALL the male employees were unhelpful and played ignorant.
Actually we only can see when something has shipped and that's in transit but that just gives you a rough idea on when it may show up at the store.

I have to say, the crap people are willing to put up with for Nintendo is really amazing.

No way I'd do even a quarter of what you guys do to find these things.  No Nintendo game or console -- or frankly, ANY game of console, is enough now to make me waste that much time or put in that much effort.  We're so inundated now with media 24/7 and have so many options, Nintendo doesn't carry that for me anymore.

Played BOTW for like 3 hours on my Wii U.  Haven't went back to it since.  Not sure I even will. 

Am looking forward to E3 and from at least early signs, mild excitement for Mario Odyssey.  But as always with Nintendo, after that - then what?

Played BOTW for like 3 hours on my Wii U. Haven't went back to it since. Not sure I even will.
I'm about the same time in, and I'm bored out of my mind. I started looking up guides on what to do(which I never do), as I'm just walking around this HUGE world, with nothing to do(or at least that I could find).

I'm sure it will improve over time, but currently the "new" aspects like breaking weapons and managing inventory just ain't doing it for me at all.

I have to say, the crap people are willing to put up with for Nintendo is really amazing.

No way I'd do even a quarter of what you guys do to find these things. No Nintendo game or console -- or frankly, ANY game of console, is enough now to make me waste that much time or put in that much effort. We're so inundated now with media 24/7 and have so many options, Nintendo doesn't carry that for me anymore.

Played BOTW for like 3 hours on my Wii U. Haven't went back to it since. Not sure I even will.

Am looking forward to E3 and from at least early signs, mild excitement for Mario Odyssey. But as always with Nintendo, after that - then what?
Cool. Why are you in this thread?

I'm about the same time in, and I'm bored out of my mind. I started looking up guides on what to do(which I never do), as I'm just walking around this HUGE world, with nothing to do(or at least that I could find).

I'm sure it will improve over time, but currently the "new" aspects like breaking weapons and managing inventory just ain't doing it for me at all.
Managing inventory is a bit of a chore (it would've been better with the Gamepad), but nothing to do? Come on. Weapon durability isn't really a problem either if you don't get attached to weapons and learn that the game encourages you to literally throw everything you've got at enemies.

Managing inventory is a bit of a chore (it would've been better with the Gamepad), but nothing to do? Come on. Weapon durability isn't really a problem either if you don't get attached to weapons and learn that the game encourages you to literally throw everything you've got at enemies.
Like I said, I'm early in to it yet, and the nuances of this new open world concept having taking hold yet. I have also never played any games that are like this in regards to breakable weapons and inventory, so I may grow to like it, or I may not, time will tell.

Just got off the phone with Gamestop. They're running a $200 trade credit for any Xbox one, PS4 or wiiU towards a Switch. Well this promo only lasts so long but they have to have the switch in stock and actively selling it to you to do the extra credit. Seems legit but lame because by the time the Switch is really in stock this promo will be over.
I was offered this promo after I bought my Switch from Gamestop. Runs through 4/30. I am thinking of trading in my PS4 and getting the PS4 Pro now.

Cool. Why are you in this thread?
It's called people , er, forum watching ... you know, when you get mild occasional amusement from reading about what other poor, pathetic souls do. It's a natural habit of our American dna and culture now.

Does the bonus credit apply toward the PS4 Pro?
Here it is from the email:

Thank you for your purchase of the Nintendo Switch! We are excited to inform you of a special trade-in promotion you activated with your purchase of the Nintendo Switch. This offer is exclusive to our PUR guests. From 3/25 until 4/30, you can receive extra trade credit for your systems. Since your order is already processing, please feel free to use this trade credit towards your next purchase.

· Receive $200 when you trade any PS4.*
· Receive $175 when you trade any Xbox One.*
· Receive $150 when you trade any New Nintendo 3DS or Wii U (32GB).*

Thank you for your purchase of the Nintendo Switch! We are excited to inform you of a special trade-in promotion you activated with your purchase of the Nintendo Switch. This offer is exclusive to our PUR guests. From 3/25 until 4/30, you can receive extra trade credit for your systems. Since your order is already processing, please feel free to use this trade credit towards your next purchase.

They do it this way because people like to transfer stuff (like say when you do a 3DS and transfer it to the new one to trade it in). We'll see, but it's good Gamestop is adapting to what their managers have been doing forever.

A Frys in my area had about 10 neon blue and red sets in stock
I bought a red and blue set today at Gamestop. They had about 3 more sets. And it was one in the mall so frequently travelled one. Also 2 Pro Controllers. But I didn't grab one of those. I'll see how much I need a D-pad before I bite.

Did you order your switch online? I recall last time people got these email offers it was because they had ordered online.

Balls. I have an Xbox Uno but would prefer the PS4 Professional. Slightly OT: can the regular PS4 handle VR?

There are some third-party sellers selling some Pro Controllers in new condition for under $30 if anyone wants a headache.
I'm sure somebody already commented on this, but headache is right. The old adage of if it's too good to be true, it probably is applies to any listings like these.

Even PCs don't have UHD Blu-ray players yet I don't think. Xbox One certainly can't handle 4K in games. I don't know what kind of mythical system he's referring to, but I want it.
Some gamers are convinced that the Scorpio will do 4k natively and also costs the same or less than the competition :rofl:

It's called people , er, forum watching ... you know, when you get mild occasional amusement from reading about what other poor, pathetic souls do. It's a natural habit of our American dna and culture now.

No way I'd do even a quarter of what you guys do to find these things. No Nintendo game or console -- or frankly, ANY game of console, is enough now to make me waste that much time or put in that much effort. We're so inundated now with media 24/7 and have so many options, Nintendo doesn't carry that for me anymore.

Am looking forward to E3 and from at least early signs, mild excitement for Mario Odyssey. But as always with Nintendo, after that - then what?
I mean i agree that some people go nuts and will scour every inch of the planet from hell to breakfast for this thing. Like you I like interacting with the community. I'm not going to belabor the point of calling people poor and pathetic souls, but certainly you must have been hyped about something and excited to find/help others find it.

As for the system, I laid hands on it at PAX East and enjoyed it. Prior to that I wasnt excited. The system is a great transition from mobile to standard console. I've got a zillion games and all consoles. I like the mobility aspect of it, and its got a nice niche component. Zelda looks great. Ive got a backlog of games a mile long and I havent played maybe 20 minutes of it, but my son has repeatedly wore the battery down since we found one last week. Snipper clips also gives us a fun game to play thats goofy and funny. I never played Shovel Knight so I'm probably buying that. I'll most likely wait on a price drop/sale for Binding of Isaac because I love the game and have spend hundred of hours playing it on PC.

Sure there isn't shit else out for it, but what console is overrun with titles at launch? PS4 had what? Knack?! Killzone? When your best launch game is Resogun you have problems. Xbox one at least had Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct and Forza. You young folks may not remember the abundance of launch titles for N64 with a whopping 2 games (mario 64 and pilotwings 64). Dont be so down on a system because of the launch titles.

Or you can get the system that can actually handle 4K.. and play.. you know... 4K movies. And that ain't the PS4 'Pro'.
4K is irrelevant to me. I stream 95% of all content I watch. As far as "4k" gaming, resolution doesn't make a game more fun.

4K is irrelevant to me. I stream 95% of all content I watch. As far as "4k" gaming, resolution doesn't make a game more fun.
I disagree, my PS4 Pro looks amazing and definitely adds to the enjoyment when a game is insanely beautiful. HDR is also legit.

Also for those saying they have only played 3 hours of BOTW, you just need to play more. I was super bored until hour 3-5, can't remember, but once you figure out the possibilities of the world and how much variety and "weirdness" the game offers, you won't be able to stop. Don't judge a game by a few hours, it will be your loss.

I disagree, my PS4 Pro looks amazing and definitely adds to the enjoyment when a game is insanely beautiful. HDR is also legit.

Also for those saying they have only played 3 hours of BOTW, you just need to play more. I was super bored until hour 3-5, can't remember, but once you figure out the possibilities of the world and how much variety and "weirdness" the game offers, you won't be able to stop. Don't judge a game by a few hours, it will be your loss.
I'm constantly amazed by the little details. I thought I was clever using bombs to take out enemies from afar. Then a moblin started kicking the bombs away from the camp. My "thinking outside the box" got trumped by his thinking outside the box.

I agree a better looking game could add to the enjoyment, but to me the resolution doesn't make or break a game if it's a good enough game.

I'm constantly amazed by the little details. I thought I was clever using bombs to take out enemies from afar. Then a moblin started kicking the bombs away from the camp. My "thinking outside the box" got trumped by his thinking outside the box.
That is cool! I never got to see that. I abused the hell out of bows and arrows. I always stocked up and went for the head shots. The Lizalfos were a bitch and they would zig zag you really fast if you were using arrows. I could still hit them, but no headshots. I would have to use elemental arrows on them. I never had issues with combat because I would go for the flurries you could get by a perfect dodge. I never got good at the timing for a parry, but I did it a few times against early fights with guardians. I did use bombs to kill octoroks. When they suck in the rocks to spit at you, toss a bomb and they suck them up. Detonate them and profit.

I've been out of the loop for a few days so sorry if this has already been posted but Target has the Gray Switch bundle in stock online for $499. I guess it's not bad if you planned on getting all the stuff it's bundled with.

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch%E2%84%A2-with-gray-joy-con%E2%84%A2-starter-bundle/-/A-52385985
Seems like a good bundle:

$300 Switch

$70 Pro Controller

$60 Zelda

$50 1-2 Switch

$25 Traveler Deluxe Case

$16 Link Rider Amiibo

$521 total

Saves you $20.

Seems like a good bundle:
$300 Switch
$70 Pro Controller
$60 Zelda
$50 1-2 Switch
$25 Traveler Deluxe Case
$16 Link Rider Amiibo
$521 total
Saves you $20.
Better than GS bundles with the digital stuff, that you can't return or exchange.

But that GS credit, with no tax, is always nice.

bread's done
Back