Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that two local Walmarts had the Switch in stock for two days, and one store still has 3 of the 8 I saw Saturday, in an area where they haven't been in stock since release date; shows me the hype has seriously died down.
Well, when the Wii first took off, it had inventory issues same as the NS, but as word spread the "casual" audience begin to want in, so as stock got replenished, it continued to sale out pretty much indefinitely. So as more and more got it, they told more friends and family, and it just kept on, and on through word of mouth, and the "fad" of it continued for a long time. My Aunt who never gamed in her life called me out of nowhere to ask at one point could I get her one, I was like, WTF?! is happening here? She finally got one through a friend at work, and she may have used it once after buying it.

The NS was only going to sale to the point of those that wanted Zelda got one, and once that point was reached, that was going to be it for the most part. Of course there would always be those who saw it flying off of shelves, and would want in due to demand craze, but that was never going to be like Wii hysteria. I would say the next system moving game is Odyssey, and that's not until the holidays, so I'm really interested in what the sales numbers will be from May to October, as I doubt they'll even double the first 2 months sales figures in that time, but we'll see what happens?

just the fact that there is no pack in game will hurt the sales among the casuals, id like to know how many original wii owners never bought a game outside of the wii sports that came with it.

There is one switch left at the Walmart in Watchung, NJ if anyone in the area is looking. First time I've seen one in the wild.

These things aren't rare anymore, no need to obsess about finding one. I've been to two BBs recently that both had Switches, but of course no NES Classic Edition consoles. I'm not going to even consider a Switch until they redesign it to fix the design flaws, defects, and cheap materials, and especially come up with a solid lineup of games. As of now, 3rd party support looks like the Wii U level, and we all know how that turned out.

These things aren't rare anymore, no need to obsess about finding one. I've been to two BBs recently that both had Switches, but of course no NES Classic Edition consoles. I'm not going to even consider a Switch until they redesign it to fix the design flaws, defects, and cheap materials, and especially come up with a solid lineup of games. As of now, 3rd party support looks like the Wii U level, and we all know how that turned out.
Still not available on any major online retailer? The rest of your complaint is pretty disposable opinion but if you meant "rare" as in easy to find I'd say that's demonstrably false with the most common definition of easy to find being "available on the internet".

Still not available on any major online retailer? The rest of your complaint is pretty disposable opinion but if you meant "rare" as in easy to find I'd say that's demonstrably false with the most common definition of easy to find being "available on the internet".
I agree. I'll consider the scarcity to be non-existent when someone can decide "Hey I want a Switch", then go online with a minimum of effort and order one for retail without a bundle or EBay. Or to not have to call around or visit multiple stores to find one. Yes, you can find one now - but it takes a combination of effort and luck.

I agree. I'll consider the scarcity to be non-existent when someone can decide "Hey I want a Switch", then go online with a minimum of effort and order one for retail without a bundle or EBay. Or to not have to call around or visit multiple stores to find one. Yes, you can find one now - but it takes a combination of effort and luck.
Apparently highly dependent on the area. Literally all the Best Buy locations around where I live have multiple units in stock.

I remember reading 2 weeks ago the same claims "the craze is over, it's downhill from here" 2 weeks alter still can't find one online and hard to find in stores. 

I'm not a grammar cop. I just want to know. Why do you write "sale" where pretty much everyone else would write "sell"?
It's a lost cause. :rofl: :wall: I've been bugging him about it a few times. Really stands out compared to how the rest of what he writes is fairly correct grammar and spelling. I've seen a few people do it on other sites too, but I doubt it's the same person, so maybe a language learning thing.

If those stock levels start to become regular, maybe we'll see the russian mario kart bundle soon.

Apparently highly dependent on the area. Literally all the Best Buy locations around where I live have multiple units in stock.
When that is not dependent on area, I'd agree the scarcity is no longer. The ones that come in do not sell out instantly (like the NES Classic), but they do sell out fairly quickly the few times I've seen them. It won't be long, but we aren't there yet.

Yeah, I was in my BB store last week that had 40+ on a table and they had certainly sold a majority of that but still had it at the end of the week, maybe 10 or less. It's odd hearing people claim it's hard to find and yet anywhere I go it's in stock in a densely populated area.

Guess the less dense populations have little stock so it's scarce for them.

Online, and random store visits have not netted one in NW Atlanta. I saw them once on display at one Best Buy, but I wasn't in a position or want to buy. None since.

Guy on Craigslist that is leaving for the navy and is selling his switch for 315 and cones with zelda Bomberman and no more heroes yet I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger....am I crazy

Guy on Craigslist that is leaving for the navy and is selling his switch for 315 and cones with zelda Bomberman and no more heroes yet I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger....am I crazy
Just get some rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs to clean the jizz off everything.

I'd wait a month for them to be more easily available in stores. The tax savings (or whatever) isn't worth losing the warranty on such a new product.

He'd be spending $315 for something that would cost $430 + tax at retail. To me that savings is worth the month and a half loss on the 1 year warranty. 

He'd be spending $315 for something that would cost $430 + tax at retail. To me that savings is worth the month and a half loss on the 1 year warranty.
Actually he loses the warranty entirely. Their hardware is warrantied for 12 months from the purchase date for the original owner, and only if purchased from authorized retailers.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

From the hardware issues I've heard about I wouldn't risk it. But that's me, and I don't care about two of those three games.

Actually he loses the warranty entirely. Their hardware is warrantied for 12 months from the purchase date for the original owner, and only if purchased from authorized retailers.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

From the hardware issues I've heard about I wouldn't risk it. But that's me, and I don't care about two of those three games.
I've called Nintendo for 2 joycon repairs, and they have not bothered at all to take my credit card information, or proof of receipt. He's probably fine for the first 12 months of it's release.

Warranty or not that's a great deal. Chances of it failing are less than 25% so a savings of much more is an easy buy IMO. I'd be surprised if he didn't already get a sale.

If there are any Midwest CAGers, the Decorah, Iowa Wal-Mart has two or three Switches in their Nintendo hardware case. Only grey joycon Switch. 

The area where they keep the Nintendo hardware is basically a locked cabinet, so ask an associate to see if they are still sitting inside it.

I've called Nintendo for 2 joycon repairs, and they have not bothered at all to take my credit card information, or proof of receipt. He's probably fine for the first 12 months of it's release.
You won't lose the warranty.

I'd be worried it was stolen or something, but wouldn't worry at all about the warranty.
Ok then in that case it's definitely a good deal, basically getting three free games.

No, aside from Zelda there really isn't much compelling content yet. I'm keeping mine strictly because my wife is hooked on Puyo Puyo from the demo but that doesn't come out until the 25th.

Just got my switch today. Had used the Wal mart app to order for on store pick up the other day. Zelda is pretty amazing so far. Have Snipperclips as well, but haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to Mario Kart in a little over a week.

Just got my switch today. Had used the Wal mart app to order for on store pick up the other day. Zelda is pretty amazing so far. Have Snipperclips as well, but haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to Mario Kart in a little over a week.
The open world is awesome, the quest and shrines add a different element. It's not entirely linear but the game itself is rather short, the exploration of the game makes up for it but imo falls short.

The themed dungeons, weapons along with the story are what make Zelda. I can't complain about the open world and the terrain but it could have used some more temples/dungeons with the inclusion of some more semi-permanent weapons. I'm looking at you hookshot, man I loved that thing.

I just got the switch in Japan 2 days ago. This thing is a rarity too here in Tokyo. I'm here on vacation since the 16th and been looking for switch n famicom with no luck and alteady give up actually.

My friend asked me to get him a camera plus lenses and luckily the game n camera section is in the same floor @Labi Shinjuku. Bought the camera, lenses and Colored Joy-Con Switch. Still had about 5 grey + 3 colored when I left the place at almost 11PM.

My friend asked me to get an extra battery for his camera so I went back in the morning at 10.15, they opened at 10.30. And they're all gone.

So yeah, switch is still a must-have item here in Tokyo.

Saw this in-stock at BestBuy 2 weeks ago, couldn't justify the purchase at the time.

Kind of wish I picked it up then, I just hope I get a console before my birthday in June.. I keep refreshing daily to see if it's in stock.

Saw this in-stock at BestBuy 2 weeks ago, couldn't justify the purchase at the time.

Kind of wish I picked it up then, I just hope I get a console before my birthday in June.. I keep refreshing daily to see if it's in stock.
Keep an eye on Walmart. YMMV, SURE, but all the stores here have been getting a regular supply of Switch systems. Yes they typically sell out the same day or within two days, but if you pay enough attention it's not hard to get one that way. Thankfully my stores line up with brickseek on most everything. So tracking that way worked.

I'm glad I got my system when I did. The thing that convinced me to go ahead and do it was that I knew I wanted to play Super Mario Odyssey at launch. The demand later in the year (especially November and December) is going to be higher than it is now. So there was no real reason for me to wait as I had the money easily. I've had a great time playing Zelda & Snipperclips ... and have 5 other games preordered (Ultra SF2, MK8 Deluxe, Cave Story+, Disgaea 5 Complete, Puyo Puyo Tetris) before Mario even comes out as well as other games I'm considering. It's kind of nice too riding the bleeding edge for a change because I won't have some massive library of games to go back and buy and collect which is a nice change from the usual cheap way I get into systems and get in over my head with older games.

You should also download the Wal mart app on your phone. When I got mine it wasn't available on line, and no stores around me had one, but I was able to do ship to store on the app. It took like 5 days to get here, but I got it yesterday. The Wal Mart pick up near e is kinda cool, it's just a giant locker with a keypad and your code opens a specific bay in the locker.

One good thing about these things being hard to find is that I had a chance to buy a pro controller, Zelda, and screen protectors of the past month, so I didn't need to drop the money on those all at once.

You should also download the Wal mart app on your phone. When I got mine it wasn't available on line, and no stores around me had one, but I was able to do ship to store on the app. It took like 5 days to get here, but I got it yesterday. The Wal Mart pick up near e is kinda cool, it's just a giant locker with a keypad and your code opens a specific bay in the locker.

One good thing about these things being hard to find is that I had a chance to buy a pro controller, Zelda, and screen protectors of the past month, so I didn't need to drop the money on those all at once.
Yea, but I get a payment plan or points if I go through Best Buy....

Though I wish I could see if they have it instock or not.

3 NES showed up to the closest Target to me overnight, got there at 7am, but 3 people had been there since 3am. I just went and got my Unicorn frap from Starbucks and went to work

How does it go for people waiting at line before opening at a big store like Target where electronics are way at the back? Does everyone just make a mad dash as soon as the door opens or do people in line get served like a queue?

I scored today.  I checked Brickseek and saw that the Walmart near work had two in stock (of course I was working from home today, so this was a 40 min drive), I called and they held one for me.  My 9 year old son saved up some money and gift cards for this, so we're splitting the cost.  Or, rather, he's buying a couple games and I'm footing the bill for the system.  Still...it's fun to see him excited.  :D  We're gaming buddies, the two of us.  

I get there and of course the 'too cool to talk to customers' electronics guy can't find it.  My sons all bummed out and I'm more than a little pissed.  I walked away at first, but then went back to press the issue.  I asked to talk to a manager and he went to the back, 5 minutes later he walks out with the system. 

The morale of this story is A) the hunt is kinda fun, B) it's fun to be into games with your kids and C) don't trust dopey store clerks. 

Do not judge the Walmart bottom feeders. They deal with the bottom rung of human society all day every day.  This is in addition to being treated like disposable, replaceable trash by corporate with expectations of running on an increasingly skimpy skeleton crew.  Anyone in this position given enough time will reach a point were they just don't give a fuck.

3 NES showed up to the closest Target to me overnight, got there at 7am, but 3 people had been there since 3am. I just went and got my Unicorn frap from Starbucks and went to work
That Unicorn Frap is an abomination. It in no way looks like something anyone should be ingesting.
Edit: Dear God, you said 7 am. How can one start their day that way?

That Unicorn Frap is an abomination. It in no way looks like something anyone should be ingesting
45359057.jpg

I just went and got my Unicorn frap from Starbucks and went to work
This is actually the first drink I've hated from Starbucks because it's so bland and tastes muted. I couldn't taste vanilla bean at all, just tasted like milk and the "sourness" is barely there. Even when you do taste it, the raspberry is watered down for an unsatisfying flavor.

Quite honestly, it looks way better than it tastes. Pink drink however is amazing.

Well I was finally able to snag a Switch from Wal-Mart. Was last one available within a 30 mile radius. I checked brickwork and it showed store I went too had 6 and by time I got there they had 1 left and all the stores around me had sold all theirs so I got lucky. I'm obviously gonna get Zelda and MK8 next week when it comes out. Are there any other games out worth getting atm? And what accessories do you guys consider must haves? Is Zelda playable with just the joycons in the grip or do I pretty much need a pro controller.

Does anyone know how much space Lego City undercover takes on the system? I was planning to buy the cartridge but there were rumors prior to release about needing a lot of space to install.

bread's done
Back