Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Throwing a bunch of labels with no proof is now exposing someone?

I'll refer to yesterdays post, All insults and no substance. It's almost as if allergic to facts.

I also said I don't have a screencap, but that would require reading on your part.
You said "which I had screencapped" I quoted you before you ninja edited your bad grammar :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I agree though all you do is throw a bunch of labels with no proof.

All personal attacks, no substance whatsoever.

I bet he doesn't even remember what started this and why they were called out in the first place. 

This is the 3rd time this has happened, they make shitty claims. Someone calls them out, they meltdown and insult. Ultimately it will all get cleaned up by the mods because they can't control themselves.

All personal attacks, no substance whatsoever.

I bet he doesn't even remember what started this and why they were called out in the first place.

This is the 3rd time this has happened, they make shitty claims. Someone calls them out, they meltdown and insult and ultimately all get cleaned up by the mods because they can't control yourselves.
The irony of you posts..... :whee:

Was super excited to see Arms DLC announced. Has there been any E3 news if it will get Splatoon level post launch support? The reviews indicated the game is a bit shallow but characters and a couple more modes could really give it legs.
I thought I read it's getting the same sort of support Splatoon got. Free DLC and continued patches to balance and tweak things.

Thanks, I can't pull the trigger on that Arms bundle. I just want Zelda and a neon switch!
Stay subscribed to this thread then. GameStop has been throwing up a lot of different bundles these past couple weeks. I've seen varying versions of a $400 Neon Zelda bundle on their site recently.

My local Walmart has had 4 in stock for over a month and yesterday I decide to finally go buy one. I get there and one was left. The guy said they sold the other 3 earlier that day.

Anyways, good luck to anyone looking! I highly recommend buying Kamiko for $5 when you get one!

use this
https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/

you will get $30 extra gift card to use later.
So, I was going to do this, but then did some reading and the Citi card I used to buy the Switch with adds 2 years to the warranty for a total of 3. I don't think the $30 I would save would be worth losing that extra warranty. Sure, normally I would think a Nintendo product to be rock solid, but with the joy cons being integral to the system function and the few reports of issues- I'd rather have that.

Anyone know a good inventory checker?  Brickseek is showing them in stock at local Wal-Marts, but when I called they said they don't have them.  It appears that the Brickseek Target checker isn't working anymore.

Same results as Brickseek and they insist they don't have them. One of them said it is an inventory discrepancy.
They're probably lying. This happens a lot when employees want to keep things for themselves. You should ask for the store manager to check the inventory, and if they won't help, take it to a higher level and complain. I have found Brickseek to be fairly accurate, when the site is unsure of actual quantities they will note that.

Just picked up one of the Power A  Joy con comfort grips. Man it's superior to the pack in grip. It's wider for people without baby hands. Still not as good a pro controller, but doesn't cause the hand discomfort the pack in grips did. Definitely worth $15.

Just picked up one of the Power A Joy con comfort grips. Man it's superior to the pack in grip. It's wider for people without baby hands. Still not as good a pro controller, but doesn't cause the hand discomfort the pack in grips did. Definitely worth $15.

I almost bought one at bestbuy last week. I could be wrong but I think they were $10 that day on amazon and I was gonna price match. I went with the charging grip instead. Good to hear they are good though- I'll pick one up next time there's a new joycons color I want (I picked up the new yellow ones).

Best Buy told me a restock is coming this Sunday
Don't get your hopes up too high. I was told the same thing last week by a ne of the managers at a local Best Buy and they didn't have any this past Sunday.

The manager who was on shift said they are more likely to have it on Sunday if it's in that weeks flyer. Hopefully the flyer leaks soon. If not, I'm not getting my hopes up until Splatoon 2 comes out.

Switch comes in stock online sporadically, if you really really want one you've had lots of chances to grab one if keeping an eye out

For anyone in the Kokomo, IN area, the GameStop by Walmart just got 5 in stock. I went in to trade some games right after they opened and they had just got them in so I bought one.

For anyone in the Kokomo, IN area, the GameStop by Walmart just got 5 in stock. I went in to trade some games right after they opened and they had just got them in so I bought one.
Just wanting to know if they are selling them a la carte or in bundles? I'm hearing different things when it comes to gamestop.

Try http://www.istocknow.com/live/ I used this on Saturday and found a switch at Wal-Mart.
I was able to get one at Gamestop today. Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to purchase just the console. He tried to sell me games, but I have GCU so I passed. He understood. I'm actually not gonna get any games for a few weeks anyway. I just wanted to snag the system while I could.

What does anyone think of ARMS? I picked it up from Amazon just out of desperation for something new to play and I just can't get into it, I already resold it because I feel like interest in this one will die quick, it's just not that much fun.

What does anyone think of ARMS? I picked it up from Amazon just out of desperation for something new to play and I just can't get into it, I already resold it because I feel like interest in this one will die quick, it's just not that much fun.
Are you a "fighting" game fan in general?

I've seen a lot of reviews, but I'm not sure how many of those are from people who actually understand how a good fighting game should work, and what it should have to be considered good in the long term.

The biggest issue I think I've seen so far is in regards to the controls. Neither option seems to be ideal, and for a true fighting game, controls should never have any issues, and should be good 100%. The polish of the game seems good, but it just doesn't seem to be to deep, but I haven't played it, so my thoughts are just based on what I've read or seen so far.

I'm curious to see reviews and thoughts from those who are good at fighting games, and understand what makes a good one. A lot of reviews seem to be from a more casual perspective, which is fine, as "N" is trying to appeal to the largest group possible I'm sure. So far, it appears to me, that Arms rates pretty good among the casual crowd, but not so much from those who know their stuff.

My local BB told me late last week that they'd get some in stock today and when I went in today; the guy asked over their headset if they had any. The guy told me they did show up but they have to hold them for their ad on Sunday and that they'd be first come first serve and extremely limited.

Bummed out, I headed to one of my local GS stores and was told with a wink and a nod to come back tomorrow to get one. They told me *some* GSs *might* be getting some tomorrow *hint hint* so hopefully I'll strike gold.

I was surprised to see that Cave Story+ released today at Best Buy.  I always wanted this game on 3DS and it was expensive for a time. 

I was surprised to see that Cave Story+ released today at Best Buy. I always wanted this game on 3DS and it was expensive for a time.
Just picked it up myself. Great game and Nicalis does a great job with physical releases on Switch. Just like Binding of Issac, you get a very nice NES style instruction manual, a soundtrack CD is also included. If you pick it up at Gamestop you also get an exclusive key chain of one out of three characters as well as a nice little red pouch branded with Cave Story.

Did you not get in on the Global Testpunch demo? It gave a pretty fair representation of what the game was going to be.

And were you just playing it by yourself? I found the game way more fun with another person in the room playing with/against you. I've personally been having a blast playing it with my GF's son and his friends. Pretty much every aspect of the game can be experienced with 2 players (I think 1 vs. 100 is literally the only game mode that can only be played with 1 player) and I just found it to be a lot more enjoyable that way.

I do have to flat out say that the game is really bad about explaining game mechanics outside of the very basic tutorial at the beginning. For something that's supposed to be a kid's game, they really throw you to the wolves after the tutorial. So if that frustrated you, I can understand it.

It's also one of the very few games I can think of where I actually prefer the motion controls over a standard controller. It took some getting used to, but eventually they felt very intuitive to me. It's easily the most I've used the Joy-Cons since getting the system. And it's the first time I've really noticed the HD Rumble working too. For example: Once an enemy (or teammate) punches you, you can actually feel the direction you were hit through the Joy-Con.

It could use a few tweaks here and there, but with the free DLC coming next month, and hopefully more to come after that, I think this will be able to hold me over until Mario+Rabbids or Pokken Tournament arrives.

I'll 2nd what PimpLimp said regarding having someone else to play with, if you have another set of joycons this game is a blast to play with someone else. It brings out that Mario Kart competitiveness while not being all that serious.

Controls wise whether you go with Motion or Controller will be up to you. There's some things better done with motion controls while others better with just a pro controller. It's certainly fun to play but Single Player will eventually get boring if you don't play online.

Which I feel like this game truly shines there. There's also the issue of not alot of characters but it's easily overshadowed by having to farm (if you want) 500+ arms. That's what I'm doing now and it's a bit of a grind.

Did you not get in on the Global Testpunch demo? It gave a pretty fair representation of what the game was going to be.

And were you just playing it by yourself? I found the game way more fun with another person in the room playing with/against you. I've personally been having a blast playing it with my GF's son and his friends. Pretty much every aspect of the game can be experienced with 2 players (I think 1 vs. 100 is literally the only game mode that can only be played with 1 player) and I just found it to be a lot more enjoyable that way.

I do have to flat out say that the game is really bad about explaining game mechanics outside of the very basic tutorial at the beginning. For something that's supposed to be a kid's game, they really throw you to the wolves after the tutorial. So if that frustrated you, I can understand it.

It's also one of the very few games I can think of where I actually prefer the motion controls over a standard controller. It took some getting used to, but eventually they felt very intuitive to me. It's easily the most I've used the Joy-Cons since getting the system. And it's the first time I've really noticed the HD Rumble working too. For example: Once an enemy (or teammate) punches you, you can actually feel the direction you were hit through the Joy-Con.

It could use a few tweaks here and there, but with the free DLC coming next month, and hopefully more to come after that, I think this will be able to hold me over until Mario+Rabbids or Pokken Tournament arrives.
How do you feel about it at the current price for someone who would primarily be playing it online for multi-player? I enjoyed my time with the Test Punch and know that I like the game, but I haven't picked it up yet due to the feeling that it will all get old pretty quickly for me and I also think it will go on sale for at least $50 in the near future and I can wait. I currently have a decent collection of physical games on Switch and ARMS and Disgaea 5 Complete are really the only two other games out for Switch right now that I want to eventually add to my collection.

Just picked it up myself. Great game and Nicalis does a great job with physical releases on Switch. Just like Binding of Issac, you get a very nice NES style instruction manual, a soundtrack CD is also included. If you pick it up at Gamestop you also get an exclusive key chain of one out of three characters as well as a nice little red pouch branded with Cave Story.
Awesome, thanks for the details. I just picked it up from Bestbuy today too. I haven't opened it yet since I'm still at work.

I was debating on cart or digital but decided on physical since I thought Binding of Isaac was physical done right.

Surprisingly I never played this before. Can't wait to check it out later tonight.

If you're in the Chicago-land area:

Just got back from the GameStop on 1252 S Canal St (downtown). I picked up a unit there, and they had several more at the time I left. That and a bunch of Zelda Amiibos, if you're into that sorta thing.

Yeah I had a lot of fun with my kid while playing 2-player Party mode.  I thought that was really well done.  IT put around 10 players on the  screen at a time in the lobby.  It shows the players in floating circles like bubbles.  YOu can see the "score" of the matches as they happen and who is matched up with who.    The circles come together when it is matching players up.  Sometimes it matches you up 2v2.  Sometimes it's 1v1.  Sometimes 1v1v1.  Sometimes 3vAI boss.  Some of the 2v2 and maybe 1v1 matches are target matches or volleyball etc.  In my hour playing it threw a good variety at us.  And if you played a 1v1 then the next 1v1 match you would sit out and the 2nd player would play.   It just keeps matching you up with not much downtime.  And I liked that it did this with a  small group of players.  So it sort of felt more "personal" I guess.   You earn money for the matches too which buy you arms.  You get more for winning.  And if you're doing good it will issue a challenge and reduce your health by 25% but you give you extra money if you win again.  Very seamless.  

And in between matches you can click on the + button and target practice.  And you might be able to switch characters etc.  

AS far as value, ...you aren't getting as much game as a  Zelda or Mario or Smash Bros game.  It's a pretty simple concept.  But it's polished and is getting the Splatoon treatment afaik aka patches and free DLC.  

They're probably lying. This happens a lot when employees want to keep things for themselves. You should ask for the store manager to check the inventory, and if they won't help, take it to a higher level and complain. I have found Brickseek to be fairly accurate, when the site is unsure of actual quantities they will note that.
At $300 a pop do you think this is still happening?

bread's done
Back