Nintendo Switch Console Stock Thread - Mario Odyssey bundle announced

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The Switch is here! And some of us are still struggling to find one D:

Let's help each other out!

Keep in mind if the price in these links are over retail it's a 3rd party seller.

NowInStock and Brickseek are options for finding info on stock, but it's not very accurate sometimes- http://www.nowinstock.net/

MARIO ODYSSEY BUNDLE

Gamestop - http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle/153465

Best Buy - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey-edition-red-joy-con/5919905.p?skuId=5919905&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-OgVhAbX9LaZfnQUbxjDyow

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B075N7RDTM/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20?th=1

OTHER SYSTEMS

WALMART

Splatoon 2 Bundle - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Hardware-with-Splatoon-2-Neon-Green-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847?u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=01744705420918584935&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Gray- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Gray-Joy-Con/291008375

Neon- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Console-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/714679279

BEST BUY

Gray- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

Neon- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con/5670100.p?skuId=5670100

GAMESTOP

Gray- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-gray-joy-con/141820

Neon- http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/consoles/nintendo-switch-console-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joy-con/141887

AMAZON

Gray- https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Gray-Joy-Con/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1489860263&sr=1-3&keywords=nintendo+switch

Neon- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=twister_B01N6ROMCO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

TARGET

Gray- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con/-/A-52052007

Neon- http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-red-joy-con/-/A-52189185

Toys R Us

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=119659196&sr=1&origkw=nintendo%20switch%20console&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea this is a huge turnoff for me. Just copy what MS and Sony have done....can't be that hard right???
Sadly, that's one of "N" major issues as I see it, is that they don't or won't copy anyone. At least not in an obvious way. Of course they where loosing tons of dollars to Skylanders and Infinity figures, so they jumped on the bandwagon with Amiibo's. But the reason we don't have trophies/achievements, and many other modern features, is that "N" didn't come up with the concept, so they don't acknowledge it.

It's the same reason they call BotW open air, instead of open world. It's also the same reason you see them add limited number of uses to an already limited demo. Which every time I see that set numbers of uses on my 3DS, I just facepalm, as this is my personal top honor for dumb shit they have done over the years(and there are many).

So yeah, they could copy others and make for a better device overall, but that's not "N", and so long as the same clowns are running the circus, we are all bound to see the same poor juggling act again and again.

Long story, GS lied to me about having a Switch in stock.

Bought a gray Switch in stock at Walmart. (check brick seek, there were a LOT in stock near me)

Decided to trade in my Wii U at lamestop for credit during their bonus game promo, to buy a switch. (July 5th)

Walked in and asked right up front, if they had a Switch. Employee said they have 1 gray, so I traded everything in. $240 total credit towards a Switch. (I had black Zelda Wii U, with bonus $25 bonus and the 60% game bonus) 

Employee then told me, it's a Switch bundle. $475.
Fine... Wanted BotW (comes with season pass), Mario Kart is $35 trade in at BB, figured i'd play it a bit and trade it in. (I'm a Forza/GT racer, MK does nothing for me) Has been heroes... meh and those stupid "racing" wheels. 

Paid the difference.

Employee then tells me, it will *ship* the 15th and I will get it 7-10 days later.

Told him I could walk across the street to Walmart and grab one off the shelf, and was mad he lied to me. But what am I going to do, take the $100 or so cash they'd give me instead?

Next day walked into a different Walmart, 8 sitting on the shelf. Brickseek shows 8 at this store, 5 at another, and 7 at the store across the street from the GS I ordered the Switch at.

Walked out of Walmart with Gray Switch, and proceeded to a different GS nearby to stop the order. 
Was 10 minutes past the 8pm central cutoff time to cancel the order with customer support. Explained the situation to that GS, they wanted to know which store I bought the Switch from where the GS employee led me to believe they actually had one in store. Apologized that the other store misled me.

Opened BB app and bought BotW for $48 for store pickup down the street while in GS.
Ended up buying Has-Been physical for $10 while I was there.

Next day went back to the 2nd GS to cancel the order before the cutoff time, Switch has "shipped" and they can't cancel the order. And by shipped they mean the CODE for BotW and Has-been heroes was posted to my account...
GS employee told me to wait until the Switch arrives, and bring it in store for full $500 refund.
Asked him about the codes I got.. asked him if they just delete them from my account? or since they already sent them am I going to be charged? 
Told me they can't do anything about them, I'll get full credit regardless if i use them or not. Enjoy.

Will use the BotW season pass, probably either give the has-been code to a friend or just ignore it. But will not do anything until the Switch gets here monday and I get full credit. If the BotW code works after that, great.
Now the problem... i'm going to have at least $240 in credit at GS. You can't buy Amazon cards anymore right? But I should still be able to buy PSN/Xbox credit?

Someone asked about Has-Been: It's ok.. If you can get it at GS for $10 (if that deal is still active) i'd grab it. Watch some gameplay on youtube, much worse games out there.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on physical copy of 1-2 Switch?  I really want this game to play with my nieces, but $50 seems a bit steep.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on physical copy of 1-2 Switch? I really want this game to play with my nieces, but $50 seems a bit steep.
Ebay seems to be your best bet currently, as there seems to be several that sold in the $30 range recently. Which ain't great, as I'm sure this will be a $20 and under title at some point, but for now, $30 isn't to bad.

Thanks.  I'll keep my eye on ebay.  I've been looking the past couple of days, but all the buy it now listings are close to retail price.  I tried making a few offers on some best offer listings, but people aren't willing to come down more than a dollar or two.

I may have to watch the auctions and hope for a better price.

I feel like this stupid chat is going to mean half of the Switch playerbase are going to be using Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts, or literally any other outside source.

I feel like this stupid chat is going to mean half of the Switch playerbase are going to be using Discord, Skype, Google Hangouts, or literally any other outside source.
I already use the Discord app on my phone and it's very easy to use. I'm very hesitant about Nintendo's approach. It sounds like you need the app to even invite friends. It feels very "Nintendo" lol

My GS bundle has updated to released, but still says not shipped. It still had 8 days counting down til the 21st yesterday, so hopefully this means it will ship today?

I ordered on 7/8.

My GS bundle has updated to released, but still says not shipped. It still had 8 days counting down til the 21st yesterday, so hopefully this means it will ship today?

I ordered on 7/8.
You should have cancelled it and got it on Tuesday when the Walmart app had the console without requiring a bundle purchase

What's everyone's experience with the GameStop bundles? The employee at my store said that I could buy it and return/exchange individual items in-store, even though the fine print says you can't. I'm looking at the ARMS bundle, but I'd rather either return it for full credit or exchange for something else.

What's everyone's experience with the GameStop bundles? The employee at my store said that I could buy it and return/exchange individual items in-store, even though the fine print says you can't. I'm looking at the ARMS bundle, but I'd rather either return it for full credit or exchange for something else.
It's a YMMV type situation. Before the bundles became an official thing at GS, they would allow returns for individual items, but then they added the fine print and stopped. I think it's still up to the discretion of the store in question, so if an employee or manager said OK, you may be able to.

I had a friend who was a manager, and I know he would do it for me, no questions asked. But he left for greener pastures awhile ago, so I wouldn't personally try it at this point, unless I felt comfortable with the person telling me it's OK. So tread cautiously.

Half? I feel like 96% of online users wont bother with chat at all because of this.
After playing Battlefield 1 & Overwatch for months I can count with 1 hand the times I heard people actually talking on PS4.

People who want to play organized with friends or other people they know online use discord. It's been like that for awhile.

The Switch chat setup is garbage, but I do enjoy my switch. When MK8 released a buddy and I just hopped in an Xbox party and chatted there while playing on the switch. Have used discord once for voice and thought it was pretty bad.

The Switch chat setup is garbage, but I do enjoy my switch. When MK8 released a buddy and I just hopped in an Xbox party and chatted there while playing on the switch. Have used discord once for voice and thought it was pretty bad.
Sucks you have to jump through hoops to chat with your friends. Nintendo dropped the ball big time in that regard. I can remember using voice chat on my psp without hoops 10 years ago. Lol!

You should have cancelled it and got it on Tuesday when the Walmart app had the console without requiring a bundle purchase
I had traded in a bunch of retro stuff during that 70% bonus thing last week, so had $500 in GS credit. Plus, I wanted all the games in the bundle or I would have waited.

It did end up shipping today. Says it should arrive by Tuesday.

I bought a switch bundle at gamestop. how hard would it be to exchange the Arms game for Splatoon 2? is it allowed?
Sounds like it will depend on your store. My store said no returning individual pieces of a bundle, but some people I've seen said their stores were fine with it. I'd say an exchange has a better chance than a straight return though.

The Target in Gulfport, MS had 4 consoles on the shelf last night when I was in the store. It seems that Target keeps getting a good stock among their stores. 

I seen 6 last night at my store (edit: Target). Haven't had a lot of trouble finding any around where I live, but I'm going to wait a while since I never really put a lot of time into my Wii or Wii U (or GameCube for that matter lol).

Sounds like it will depend on your store. My store said no returning individual pieces of a bundle, but some people I've seen said their stores were fine with it. I'd say an exchange has a better chance than a straight return though.
My local GS manager said it was fine to exchange the games in the bundle for different games, but not the other accessory pieces and no straight up return of individual pieces. Again ymmv depending on the manager though.

Why? If I may ask.
I just want my own dedicated system for home and one that can leave the dock at any given moment for my son. After debating I ordered a 2nd bundle. I'm going to sell all the accessories and keep the actual console only. I honestly don't know why I haven't considered doing this in the beginning.

I already have two sets of joycons and 2 pro controllers. The biggest problem is saves, luckily I only care about Zelda and I'm only 3 hours into hard mode. I kinda regret going digital but I feel pretty strongly about keeping Mario kart 8 digital.... It's just one of the games I always want on me

I just want my own dedicated system for home and one that can leave the dock at any given moment for my son. After debating I ordered a 2nd bundle. I'm going to sell all the accessories and keep the actual console only. I honestly don't know why I haven't considered doing this in the beginning.

I already have two sets of joycons and 2 pro controllers. The biggest problem is saves, luckily I only care about Zelda and I'm only 3 hours into hard mode. I kinda regret going digital but I feel pretty strongly about keeping Mario kart 8 digital.... It's just one of the games I always want on me
Ok, that makes sense. My kids aren't old enough for games so I can't justify doing it myself but I see where your coming from.

Does anyone know of any sites that track when games go on sale in the Nintendo Switch eShop?
Frisky should post them in our normal e-shop thread if and when some happen. As that is where the Wii U and 3DS have been posted, so no need for an NS specific thread I would think.

If you're still looking for one and you live on the west coast, check Fred Meyer. They got in a bunch for their weekly ad. My local store has had barely any since launch but they had a ton today.

Anyone asking about stock in their areas, use istocknow.com. It's not always accurate, but you can get an idea of what stores (if any) in your area have them available.

Anyone else having problems with the pro controller D-pad? My dpad is hitting mutiple directions when only on is pressed.
Known issue. I've heard about it quite a bit considering not everyone who gets a Switch gets a Pro controller.

Exchange it. Or send it in.

Anyone else having problems with the pro controller D-pad? My dpad is hitting mutiple directions when only on is pressed.
Yeah this is a common issue, and there are some relatively simple fixes for it online, if you don't mind opening up your controller.

Yeah this is a common issue, and there are some relatively simple fixes for it online, if you don't mind opening up your controller.
it's a common thing? Damn nintendo I've already sent my joycons in to be fixed now this?...Ok ill go check YouTube. I thought it was odd. I know I've never dropped it. Thanks.

as a side note to known issues. my left joycon had a very slight wiggle to it when attached, while the right one felt snug. the fix is to layer small pieces of tape (i used 3 layers of the blue painters tape) and stuck it to the bottom of the base of the screen where the left joycon connects.

A common issue? Damn, really? Did they check any of the NS's accessories and features before mass production(and after)?

This is for sure their most issue related system thus far, as they have always been one of the best in regards to overall build quality, but there was for sure an issue here.

A common issue? Damn, really? Did they check any of the NS's accessories and features before mass production(and after)?

This is for sure their most issue related system thus far, as they have always been one of the best in regards to overall build quality, but there was for sure an issue here.
More a product of changing form factor and never sticking to a design as a cause. While other consoles have settled on a controller, Nintendo just can't help but reinvent the wheel every time.

More a product of changing form factor and never sticking to a design as a cause. While other consoles have settled on a controller, Nintendo just can't help but reinvent the wheel every time.
I don't really mind new controllers(when they work properly), but yeah, the old Pro controller of the Wii U was just fine, and cheaper. Some of my favorite controllers have come from "N", but these Joy-Cons ain't on the list. LOL

I finally got to use the Joy-Cons a few weeks back, and I didn't care for them at all. I actually have little hands to, so I would for sure only use them while attached to the system, as on there own, I didn't care for them.

I'll for sure be waiting on a redesign, or some uber cheap deal before I grab an NS, but to hear that the new and rather expensive pro controller is having issues, that's rather pathetic to say the least.

Never had this issue with my pro controller and I mainly used the dpad for Zelda (menu selection stuff), Blastermaster Zero and Ultra Street Fighter 2. I know with USF2 it would have shown with all the quarter-circle moves and stuff.

i like the joycons.  And ended up returning my Pro controller.  I like a few things about the joycons over the Pro controller actually.   I like the short throw of the sticks.   The trade off is they aren't as precise, but you have the fine tune gryo aiming  and so really only benefit is for walking in tight spaces like along edges.    And that isn't an issue for me.

Also I like the + and - shaped buttons.  It might be superficial but thought Pro controller should have done same thing.  

And the joycon buttons, as small as they are, are really clicky and I like that.  

And overall I thought the joycons made the Pro controller feel a bit clunky.  

I did like the accuracy of the Pro controller's sticks and the over-sized face buttons were fun.  But found I liked the joycons just as much and so why pay another $70.  Also have a 2nd Switch so didn't need a 2nd controller.  

bread's done
Back